Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,961)

Showing posts 299,201 - 299,220 of303,336
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
"Isn't it true that the calendar you use is based on Jesus' birth?"

I didn't say it was a lie. I said it's irrelevant. And it is.

"It's not based on Wicca, that's for sure."

I do, in fact, use a calendar based on Wicca for many things. I also used a Gregorian calendar.

So? it's still irrelevant to anything being discussed.

"^^^ Wiccan priestess with a Rosary ^^^"

Yes. So?

Did you forget I was raised Catholic? I also have in my possession any number of religious texts, including a bible. They came in very handy when I was homeschooling, and we did comparative religions.

I don't know what point you THINK you're making here, but all you're ACTUALLY doing is spouting irrelevancies. As usual.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You told us about prying your mom's Rosary from her hands and replacing it with your Rosary.
Are you saying your posted an irrelevant story about your mother?
Why would you do that?
Why blame me for YOUR supposed "irrelevant" story?
No, YOUR post was irrelevant.

I'm sorry you're not bright enough to understand what's being said.

That's so sad.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you list ONE Wiccan hospital?
I could provide a long list of Catholic Hospitals.
Catholic Charities serves more sick and under-served in the world than any other charity organization.
Why don't we hear about "Wiccan Charities"?
Gee, maybe there isn't one.
Go hug a tree and howl at the moon, dear.
Be careful with your "good luck" sword.
And more irrelevancies.

Do you have ANYTHING to offer on topic?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You yourself said that "a human" (noun) exists in the womb.
Again, irrelevant to the discussion.

DO try to focus.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You replaced your mother's Rosary with YOUR Rosary.
That means you admit you had your own Rosary.
Wiccan's have Rosaries?
Now you have your mom's Rosary.
And, you follow a calendar based on Jesus' birth.
Poor Brother Cricket and Sister Owl. They feel neglected......
LOL, and MORE irrelevancies.

You're too ridiculous.

You've got nothing to offer but lies and irrelevancies. You have nothing, because you are nothing.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not. Why do you have to lie to make a point? Or is your reading comprehension really so bad?
I acknowledge all the reality I deal with. I do not believe abortion is murder. It is legal killing. You focus on the killing of a developing embryo/fetus, I focus on the woman and her circumstances. You personify and equate the developing embryo/fetus to a breathing, squalling newborn. I don't. I see the embryo/fetus for what it is, unfinished development with no guarantee to a healthy live birth. That's nature's way. Human's have been manipulating nature for as long as they could. Why should pregnancy be any different? Why aren't the manipulations of nature in men's favor ever questioned or denied? Hmmm?
Kaite V.: "Abortion is legal killing."

Legal killing of preborn babies like your son Aaron.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
But there were so many Pagan gods. No matter when Christ's birthday was celebrated it probably would have fallen on some pagan holiday. I don't see the problem.
Why would you care about the christianization of any culture or land? Why would you care about the attempts to usurp, destroy and distort the traditions and beliefs of other cultures? If the roles were reversed, you surely would be putting up a stINK.

Stay willingly ignorant!

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Actor Martin Sheen's wife was conceived in rape. Wonder what Badaxe has against her?
Shut up.

You would not know the difference between consensual sex and rape.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, you sound angry....and full of rage. I'm pretty sure I nailed it - otherwise you wouldn't protest this much.
Next....
You'll have to excuse Badaxe. He's a bit ambiguous when it comes to his abortion views. To him life is precious unless you were concieved in rape. Likewise, his euphemisms
such as "when it comes to potential human life, it must be weighed against existing/established human life" http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833... cause him cognitive dissonance.

He's trying hard to stand up for preborn babies, but his half-baked beliefs thwart his efforts. He's a walking contradiction. Maybe he wants a foot in both camps in order to be fair to himself...and to be fair to his wife - who had an abortion before they met. Problem is, when he straddles both camps a smell of hypocrisy is released from his cracks.

Badaxe is aware of his disjointed & disconnected arguments. This awareness makes him grumpy. Instead of taking his duplicitiousness out on others, he should look at himself and his views honestly.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Bless the Child wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is sure of the specific date of the birth of Our Lord. The 25th is the commonly accepted date to celebrate His birth. However,no biblical scholar of any repute has ever definitively stated this is or is not the day of our Saviors birth.
Do you make this garbage up as you go along? You are a typical liar for your faith; one who if full of feces for jesus.

Let us know when you can find us a biblical scholar who has evidence that your fabled jesus was bord on Dec. 25. Please hold your breath until you can do so.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Your premise works on the assumption that all men are 'good men'. We both know that's not the case, and that deadbeat dads (and moms) are actually quite common.
When you figure out a way to physically bind a man to his unborn progeny for nine months, allocating to his body all the risks of gestation, let me know.
I live in a house, in a very quiet neighborhood - if you think living in a trailer park is somehow shameful, don't buy a trailer.
I'm quite aware that you are in no way 'holier' than I ...perhaps you should stop trying to be.
What's a 'crack pipe'?
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>You're responding to something I said to the poster "dedbebbies", are you that poster? First of all, if so, who the hell would come onto an abortion forum with such a fk'ed up name? You're not here for debate, or even capable of intelligent conversation, you just want to spew your ignorance. Secondly,... no, clarify that you're not “dedbeebies” before I even waste my time.
It's a public forum, fella. I'll answer any question, or respond to any post, I care to.

You just used up 65 words avoiding a rational response to my assertions, and instead of refuting the assertions, you decided personal slurs might have a chance at shutting me up.

Didn't work.
Still just me, nailing your ass to the wall of your puffery.

What's a 'crack pipe'?
Next...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>That's utter crap. What on earth makes you think >>I<< would want a baby to die?
And what on earth makes you so sure she didn't? Her husband says they discussed it thoroughly, and neither of them would opt to be artificially kept alive. That's pretty straightforward. As for the fetus, it's brain development has likely been compromised, and perhaps severely - the father is understandably reticent to take on the responsibility for the child for the rest of his/her life, since it may not be able to develop mentally, but could live for years, dependent on him for a lifetime. Maybe neither he, nor his wife, would willingly sign up for that.
I just don't happen to believe that makes either of them 'bad people'. I suspect you do.
Whatevs - it's really not something we have a say in, and little relevance to.
Bad people no, weak people, maybe. As it stands now the father has no say either. I hope his baby is healthy and he learns to love it.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you make this garbage up as you go along? You are a typical liar for your faith; one who if full of feces for jesus.
Let us know when you can find us a biblical scholar who has evidence that your fabled jesus was bord on Dec. 25. Please hold your breath until you can do so.
She just said there wasn't any. Can't you read or are you so sure of what someone else will say, that you don't have to?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>

The Divine does not 'demand' anything - it simply IS..
Well that takes no thought or energy. Glad you have simplified your life and laxed your standards to meet your moral code. The bar is about as low as it can go. In fact it is on the floor.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad people no, weak people, maybe. As it stands now the father has no say either. I hope his baby is healthy and he learns to love it.
Since you're taking it upon yourself to assess him as 'weak', perhaps you should be packing for your trip.....obviously, you also plan to take the raising of this child upon yourself, alleviating the burden on this weak fellow child of God....

Right?

Of course not - that kid is HIS problem...why should you make it yours, just because you agree that he should have no say in the disposition of his wife's mortal remains, and are gratified to see that his wife's corpse is being literally forced to gestate a potentially compromised fetus?

You are one sick bitch.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm...duh...cuz I wanted to have kids. Because, I just didn't want to get an abortion. Newsflash Hon...not everyone who is PC automatically thinks about abortion when they get pregnant. Just because it's an option doesn't mean everyone thinks about it.
You and Sassy are really REALLY dense.
Oh I know that it doesn't automatically enter their mind to get an abortion when pregnant. It wouldn't enter my mind either. It is a line I wouldn't cross no matter what. Maybe you have never been in a position where you were pregnant with a child you didn't want. Is there no circumstance that you would have an abortion or is it innately out of the question?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that takes no thought or energy. Glad you have simplified your life and laxed your standards to meet your moral code. The bar is about as low as it can go. In fact it is on the floor.
Hardly. It takes more thought to think for yourself than it does to follow a bunch of rules made up by men pretending to speak for the Divine.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Au contraire, my narrow-minded friend....it leads one away from what YOU believe, that's all.
You've just proven, once again, that you're completely ego-centric, and without the desire to expand your horizons one millimeter beyond your comfort zone.
But of course, you've shown this attitude consistently.
I don't need a belief that asks nothing of me so that I don't have to strive to be a better person. I am not looking for the easy way to get through life. I am willing to accept anything God throws at me or asks of me. Can you accept any of these beliefs or are you narrow minded and ego centric? It works both ways.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly. It takes more thought to think for yourself than it does to follow a bunch of rules made up by men pretending to speak for the Divine.
I follow Jesus' rules and He does speak for the Divine.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Since you're taking it upon yourself to assess him as 'weak', perhaps you should be packing for your trip.....obviously, you also plan to take the raising of this child upon yourself, alleviating the burden on this weak fellow child of God....
Right?
Of course not - that kid is HIS problem...why should you make it yours, just because you agree that he should have no say in the disposition of his wife's mortal remains, and are gratified to see that his wife's corpse is being literally forced to gestate a potentially compromised fetus?
You are one sick bitch.
Well he isn't displaying a strong demeanor. If he was strong he would face the reality of his situation and accept the outcome. His wife will die soon enough and he needs to make plans for the new life that she left. That is what all God loving people would do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 299,201 - 299,220 of303,336
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,037,023
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min No Shiite 218,009
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr Trojan 26,133
Need a loan urgently? (Sep '13) 19 hr trerry mclean 12
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Apr 19 bruno piretti 1
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 80
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••