Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,668
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#319561 Dec 29, 2013
The only other interest mentioned in RvW is that of the state, and even that is limited.as well as strictly voluntary.

Nobody on the PC side is stupid enough to remove RvW's protections, especially given the vicious attacks on women's rights the PLM in recent years.
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>And that's your opinion Cpeter, it's really no different than the extremists that made abortion illegal before Roe v Wade, considering only one sides interest. When a woman becomes pregnant there are more interests than just her right to privacy, per Roe v Wade. I swear, there are as many PC people here that are against R v W as there is PL, why donít we just throw it out if neither side agrees with it?

Indianapolis

#319562 Dec 29, 2013
Any nominally invasive medical procedure has to be done by a licensed medical professional, twit. State medical standards are NOT the same as the 'state's interest" described in RvW.
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>We've had this argument before buckwheat, apparently you've forgotten what I taught you. The State's interest is what mandates that an abortion be done by a licensed medical professional in the first trimester in all States, and the State's interest is what allows regulations on abortion in the second trimester. So, no, the SCOTUS did not only allow state's interest in the third trimester, as you claim, it also has interest in the woman's maternal health, which allows regulation and restrictions on abortion before the third trimester.

Indianapolis

#319563 Dec 29, 2013
Morals are a subjective construct and vary from person to person; thus, they are a piss-poor basis for laws that govern us all. Enumerated rights are a far superior way to deal with social issues.
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>You know Cpeter, I'm really beginning to think that you are incapable of any concept of moral thinking. Anytime any one mentions morals you babble on about some buttinthesky. A very fundamental moral thought for man would be that human life is precious, when it comes to potential human life, it must be weighed against existing/established human life, but that doesnít make it any less precious.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#319564 Dec 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex before marriage increases the chances of divorce alone. So why do we do it? Christians or not? Because we are humans and do many things not good for us. That's the whole reason God set His Son.
There's no other way for us to be saved.
We ALL will mess it up, if it can be messed up.
Some more than others, but all means all.
Believe it or not, many people don't want to be married. To think that sex is only appropriate only for married people is a ridiculous fantasy.
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#319565 Dec 29, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It doesn't bother me, but then I wasn't in a formalized, committed relationship with you. But it certainly doesn't lend you any credibility as a moral authority.
<quoted text>
You're right cp, and if you want to know what I think it made me? A SSS.
SELFISH-SELF-CENTERED-YOU Can plug the last one ;)

Yet why does it matter if you and your partner is in a commited relationship?
Who sets your moral standards?
What makes them superior?

I am most likely the most out of th box Christian you shall ever encounter.
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#319566 Dec 29, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Believe it or not, many people don't want to be married. To think that sex is only appropriate only for married people is a ridiculous fantasy.
Thanks for the note from the counter of the obvious :)
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#319567 Dec 29, 2013
Children of God and those who claim not God have one thing in common. They spew garbage they've heard others say.

Either you truly believe what you say, or you're full of hot air.

Did I mention my God is real?
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#319568 Dec 29, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Morals are a subjective construct and vary from person to person; thus, they are a piss-poor basis for laws that govern us all. Enumerated rights are a far superior way to deal with social issues.
<quoted text>
Say what you wrote outloud to those who broke your heart.
Lovers, family, any. Tell them how you forgive them and for them to please forgive you for judging them based on a different moral code then you.
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#319569 Dec 29, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Believe it or not, many people don't want to be married. To think that sex is only appropriate only for married people is a ridiculous fantasy.
Appropriate? yes. enchanting exciting? No.
I lke most men had a fear of marriage. I wanted to keep my options open.

Yet my wife has everything any other woman has.
I have evrything any other man has.

What makes people unsatisfied?

Nice to see you elise. Still miss you for:)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#319570 Dec 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So why wouldn't you get an abortion?
Umm...duh...cuz I wanted to have kids. Because, I just didn't want to get an abortion. Newsflash Hon...not everyone who is PC automatically thinks about abortion when they get pregnant. Just because it's an option doesn't mean everyone thinks about it.

You and Sassy are really REALLY dense.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#319571 Dec 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That is all quite possible.
. It's also amazing how these fundies actually think everyone else's religions are made-up fake mythology yet their own is supposedly real
We each follow are own path. Do you believe that Christianity is a fake made up religion?
"Do you believe that Christianity is a fake made up religion?"

Yes I do.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#319572 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN, Witless, you've missed the point entirely.
Are you really surprised?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#319573 Dec 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That philosophy is so equivical and ambiguous that it is useless. It leads one to believe in nothing.
And there was atheism...

Why is it so important we believe in something?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#319574 Dec 29, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
So hetero men can get pregnant? Who knew?
<quoted text>
Well, well, well...they've been keeping it a secret and making us women do all the work. How typical.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#319575 Dec 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And then they want to bleat about 'war on Christmas', as if theirs is the only Winter holiday with any significance, and should be given special attention, because it's theirs... Pah!!
Yep!

That war on christmas BS was a creation of right wing TV and radio. They do their best to pit people against people, they are nothing more than shit stirrers.

Employers implemented the term holidays, holiday party etc going back to the 70's. The clowns on conservative radio & TV act like it is a new development.

Minneapolis

#319576 Dec 29, 2013
Bless the Child wrote:
<quoted text>
"And yes, the 25th of December is a false date, the biblical scholars agree that it is."
That is inaccurate. No one is sure of the specific date of the birth of Our Lord. The 25th is the commonly accepted date to celebrate His birth. However,no biblical scholar of any repute has ever definitively stated this is or is not the day of our Saviors birth.
The date is less relevant than the actual event and meaning of the birth of Our Savior.
It is accurate. I suggest you do your studies. Here is a few for starters.

https://bible.org/article/birth-jesus-christ

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/bibl...

http://www.agapebiblestudy.com/documents/dati...

Might I suggest that you christians do your studies, us pagans are tired of doing it for you. Just sayin.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319577 Dec 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
What trust? I thought morals were objective? Why can't I do what pleases me?
Don't like affairs? Well you know ;)
HER trust.

Morals are SUBJECTIVE.

You can, and so can she, including leaving your sorry ass if you betray the promise you made again.

I DON'T like them, and I've never had one.

And I managed it without having to pay any attention to your version of Deity. Imagine that!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319578 Dec 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend of mine said God only supplies a man with enough blood for one head at a time. Yet again why does what I did bother anyone? Lust is a normal part of us right?
You didn't ask why it bothered "anyone" You asked why did it bother YOUR WIFE, Moron.

Lust is what one feels, and yes, it is normal. You ACTED on it, and broke the promise you'd made to her, would be my guess as to why it bothered her.

Minneapolis

#319579 Dec 29, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, I'll type slowwwwly for you. The difference between rape and consensual sex is that rape puts an undue, extreme mental burden on the woman carrying it, far succeeding legal considerations of a woman pregnant by consensual sex merely defending her choice by her implied right to privacy. If you understood R v W, you would understand that arguments for a woman raped would not only have rights to privacy but an even more compelling argument for the State to protect her health/life over the fetus. I'm not a hypocrite, you're just kinda slow to understand.
WOW....I will type even more slowwwwwwwwwwwwly for you.

If life is precious concerning the fetus as you say, then explain the difference in a fetus conceived by consensual sex and rape. Take your time.

I understand RvW perfectly, please post a site where it draws a difference between rape and consensual sex and the privacy of. Hurry up, I want to read this.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319580 Dec 29, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>We've had this argument before buckwheat, apparently you've forgotten what I taught you. The State's interest is what mandates that an abortion be done by a licensed medical professional in the first trimester in all States, and the State's interest is what allows regulations on abortion in the second trimester. So, no, the SCOTUS did not only allow state's interest in the third trimester, as you claim, it also has interest in the woman's maternal health, which allows regulation and restrictions on abortion before the third trimester.
Only if the state chooses to exercise it's right to protect it's own interest. RvW doesn't mandate that it do so. ALLOWS it, yes. MANDATES it? No.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Patrick 1,110,901
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Aura Mytha 227,688
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 6 hr broombroom 200,977
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Bruin For Life 27,419
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••