Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314298 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319650 Dec 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why do you speak of things like commitment trust, and where do they fit in a world that teaches we are only animals doing what animals do."

Because we are animals capable of commitment.

"I do feel for those who are facing an abortion really thought about a really thought about a woman w willingly purposely having her own child inside of her killed?"

What?

"You say it is choice and it is we all make choices some good some bad."

But YOU don't get to decide for others that their own decision, legally made, based upon their own circumstances and moral code, is a bad choice. You only get to decide for yourself.

"You seem to be concerned yet I'm concerned when speaking about a wom yet I'm concerned when speaking about a woman killing her own child."

What?

"I just hope you think one second bit about the standards and what makes you think you can move the line back and forth to fit your desires."

I don't think so, nor did I ever imply that I do.

"Again we all make choices in life some good some bad and every one of those choices come with consequences which is exactly what the pro-choice people are trying their best to eradicate."

Complete nonsense. I've never once said there are no consequences to our actions, nor am I trying to "eradicate" consequences, not that this is even possible.

"Abortion may not ever go away but the consequences of abortion will never go away is well no matter how much one wants to think there are no consequences."

Again, who says I don't think there are consequences? Where have I said, or even implied this?

I haven't.
Gtown71

United States

#319651 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never once said "whatever".
And don't assume that I haven't thought this out thoroughly. I have. YOU are the one with the pat answer.
I'm not the one with the Pat answer you are the one that always has all the answers.

I'm simply saying one of us is wrong when it comes to lifes most important questions.

I am then simply saying you are the one that is wrong.

There is a God and that God does love you along with everyone else in this world so much so that he died for you. I realize you have a hard time with that and feel you need no one to save you, or that you even need saving.

Most people either feel that they are too good to need a savior,or they are too bad that they cannot be saved.
Both are wrong.

I'm telling you about a man who died for you so that you could go to heaven what's so bad about that?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319652 Dec 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
God says in his word that one must come to him by faith not by proof
Mini believe in evolution which says the earth is either millions or billions of years old pending on who you ask
Yet there is no proof of that either.
All they can do is dig something up and try to say how old it is.
This earth and always say it was either created by a creator or it just appeared.
I say it takes way more faith to believe in the second option.
Again, you are only showing that you have no clue what the theory of evolution actually SAYS.

Educate yourself if you want to debate it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319653 Dec 29, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
<snicker> It would contaminate his delicate fundie hands.
I also got my father's Navy issued Mass book when he passed away, and his little book of psalms. And when we were planning his funeral Mass I asked if the organist/vocalist would sing the 23rd Psalm because I knew he would've liked it.
One year a Wiccan acquaintance gave me a Witch's date book for a gift. It had some good recipes in it and I used it for the whole year. Why not, right?
Right :)

It's really amusing, watching them squirm when presented with the fact that Christianity borrow so much from the Pagan religions that existed at the time, and yet can't understand why I would keep a memento from my mother just because the symbolism is from another religion.

I don't think they realize that symbols don't HAVE a religion, but that religions use symbols. And many religions SHARE symbols. Some because they were....ahem....borrowed, some because they represent universal concepts.

Wiccans also have prayer beads, that some Wiccans refer to as rosaries, for instance.

Most religions have had a ritual feast, given how important food is to our survivial.

Or take the Pentagram, which was once a Christian symbol representing the five wounds of Christ. It's a Wiccan/Pagan symbol now. But, because a Satanist may use an inverted Pentagram, extremist Christians, forgetting their own history, accuse anyone with one of being a "devil worshiper". They ALSO forget that a Satanist might use an inverted cross, but that doesn't make an upright cross a "satanic symbol".

Fundies are funny that way. They see only what they want to see.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319654 Dec 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, where to begin....

"I'm not the one with the Pat answer"

Yes, you are.

"you are the one that always has all the answers."

I've never claimed to have all the answers. Still, given your next two sentences, this statement from you is ridiculous.

"I'm simply saying one of us is wrong when it comes to lifes most important questions.
I am then simply saying you are the one that is wrong."

Case in point.

"There is a God"

Okay, WHY do you keep posting to me as though I have EVER made the claim that there is no God? Again, I am NOT an Atheist, and just because I don't worship YOUR version of the Divine (as YOU don't worship the CATHOLIC version), doesn't make me one. Stop doing this. I believe in the Divine, same as you do, just not YOUR version.

"and that God does love you along with everyone else in this world so much so that he died for you. I realize you have a hard time with that and feel you need no one to save you, or that you even need saving."

I do not have a hard time with it. I simply know it's not true. And not just me, but for everyone else, too. See, I can do it, too.

"Most people either feel that they are too good to need a savior,or they are too bad that they cannot be saved.
Both are wrong."

I don't think either. Now what?

"I'm telling you about a man who died for you so that you could go to heaven what's so bad about that?"

Believe what you like. I really couldn't care less. It's YOU who is trying to insist others believe YOUR way. And don't try to pretend you're not doing just that, when clearly you are. Don't add lying to your self-righteous arrogance.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#319655 Dec 29, 2013
The standards of a relationship are set by the participants, and must be based on honesty, like any contract. Monogamy, an open relationship, or whatever BOTH agree on creates the "morality." The fact is that some people are strictly monogamous, and some people are not...but they can still love their partner. I'd rather see couples have an honest understanding concerning flings than the sneaking around you normally see.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right cp, and if you want to know what I think it made me? A SSS.
SELFISH-SELF-CENTERED-YOU Can plug the last one ;)
Yet why does it matter if you and your partner is in a commited relationship?
Who sets your moral standards?
What makes them superior?
I am most likely the most out of th box Christian you shall ever encounter.

Indianapolis

#319656 Dec 29, 2013
If you are honest in your dealings with others and act responsibly, there is no need to apologize.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what you wrote outloud to those who broke your heart.
Lovers, family, any. Tell them how you forgive them and for them to please forgive you for judging them based on a different moral code then you.

Indianapolis

#319657 Dec 29, 2013
He's like those scary kids you hear about who go totally unphased by spanking.
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO, that YOU "think" YOU are wise. Cpeter can and has whooped your ass like a naughty child.

Indianapolis

#319658 Dec 29, 2013
I've only heard of a couple cases like that, and the man had to pay because he SAID he would, thus creating a contract.
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the fact that the STATE may, if it wishes, sue a man to recoup the money the STATE paid out was never the question.
I say again, no man is financially responsible for a woman's pregnancy care, labor and delivery by law. THAT was what I said, and yes, there WOULD need to be a law for it to be true for all men. Feel free to prove that they are so legally responsible at any time. But stop wasting my time, whining that you can't believe I want proof of something I wasn't asking for in the first place.
Gtown71

United States

#319659 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, where to begin....
"I'm not the one with the Pat answer"
Yes, you are.
"you are the one that always has all the answers."
I've never claimed to have all the answers. Still, given your next two sentences, this statement from you is ridiculous.
"I'm simply saying one of us is wrong when it comes to lifes most important questions.
I am then simply saying you are the one that is wrong."
Case in point.
"There is a God"
Okay, WHY do you keep posting to me as though I have EVER made the claim that there is no God? Again, I am NOT an Atheist, and just because I don't worship YOUR version of the Divine (as YOU don't worship the CATHOLIC version), doesn't make me one. Stop doing this. I believe in the Divine, same as you do, just not YOUR version.
"and that God does love you along with everyone else in this world so much so that he died for you. I realize you have a hard time with that and feel you need no one to save you, or that you even need saving."
I do not have a hard time with it. I simply know it's not true. And not just me, but for everyone else, too. See, I can do it, too.
"Most people either feel that they are too good to need a savior,or they are too bad that they cannot be saved.
Both are wrong."
I don't think either. Now what?
"I'm telling you about a man who died for you so that you could go to heaven what's so bad about that?"
Believe what you like. I really couldn't care less. It's YOU who is trying to insist others believe YOUR way. And don't try to pretend you're not doing just that, when clearly you are. Don't add lying to your self-righteous arrogance.
To late on the lying thingy. The first time I lied I became a liar in the eyes of God.
As far as self righteousness I'm a sinner saved by grace.

I'm a come across as self righteous and arrogant but when it comes right down to it I am neither.

I have imputed righteousness.which is the only righteousness that's worth anything

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319660 Dec 29, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I've only heard of a couple cases like that, and the man had to pay because he SAID he would, thus creating a contract.
<quoted text>
Exactly. Thank you :)
Gtown71

United States

#319661 Dec 29, 2013
<quoted text>
I strive to be a better person on my own, not because I think some unseen entity asks it of me.
As you know I believe there are those who don't know or believe in God, who behave much better than others who do Know God.sad but true.

But- the bible speaks of a huge gulf that seperates us from God.

If I was trying to leap across this gulf wearing shoes made from doing good. I may not make it six inches out, before falling to my death, whereas others may be able to jump with six inches of the other side, BUT their fate would be the. Same as mine. Does that make sense?

I believe as the bible teaches. One is saved by grace through faith. It is the gift of God. It is not of works lest any "man" should boast.

Have a good day today I pray lady :)

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319662 Dec 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
To late on the lying thingy. The first time I lied I became a liar in the eyes of God.
As far as self righteousness I'm a sinner saved by grace.
I'm a come across as self righteous and arrogant but when it comes right down to it I am neither.
I have imputed righteousness.which is the only righteousness that's worth anything
Nonsense. You are the epitome of self-righteousness. It oozes from your every post.
Shining Brilliance

East Hartford, CT

#319663 Dec 29, 2013
These religious extremists are nothing but a pack of drooling jackals ready to feast on the body and blood of their own saviour!
Shining Brilliance

East Hartford, CT

#319664 Dec 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Robert Brennan, Alleged Pedophile Priest, Accused Of Raping More Than 20 Children
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/30/robe...
Documents show Cardinal Dolan top U.S. Catholic official shielded pedophile priests
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/02/documen...
Database of Publicly Accused Priests in the United States
http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/Pri...
Poland's Catholic church apologizes as pedophile scandal spreads
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/328518/n...
Pedophile Priest Protected by Church
"The Catholic church went through great lengths to protect a Boston priest who was repeatedly accused of molesting children over a period of 30 years, according to recently released court documents.
Even as he was repeatedly accused of molesting children over a period of 30 years, former Catholic priest John Geoghan was treated leniently and sympathetically by the highest officials in the Boston Archdiocese, who continually re-assigned him as a parish priest, the internal church documents said.
Although they were aware of complaints and allegations that he was sexually abusing and exploiting young boys at his churches for years, archdiocese officials, including two cardinals, did not remove the priest from posts where he had close contact with young children. "
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story...
Bravo Moon for once again displaying the willful hypocrisy of the Xtian hypocrites on here!
Shining Brilliance

East Hartford, CT

#319665 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. You are the epitome of self-righteousness. It oozes from your every post.
Gtown STINKS of arrogance the same way Inky Poo STINKS of stupidity! The very same way No Relevance STINKS of ignorant misogyny and sASSYbm STINKS of pompous righteousness.

Pukers all of them!
Shining Brilliance

East Hartford, CT

#319666 Dec 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
As you know I believe there are those who don't know or believe in God, who behave much better than others who do Know God.sad but true.
But- the bible speaks of a huge gulf that seperates us from God.
If I was trying to leap across this gulf wearing shoes made from doing good. I may not make it six inches out, before falling to my death, whereas others may be able to jump with six inches of the other side, BUT their fate would be the. Same as mine. Does that make sense?
I believe as the bible teaches. One is saved by grace through faith. It is the gift of God. It is not of works lest any "man" should boast.
Have a good day today I pray lady :)
The STINK of arrogance is all over you Gspot!
Shining Brilliance

East Hartford, CT

#319667 Dec 29, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to excuse Badaxe. He's a bit ambiguous when it comes to his abortion views. To him life is precious unless you were concieved in rape. Likewise, his euphemisms
such as "when it comes to potential human life, it must be weighed against existing/established human life" http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833... cause him cognitive dissonance.
He's trying hard to stand up for preborn babies, but his half-baked beliefs thwart his efforts. He's a walking contradiction. Maybe he wants a foot in both camps in order to be fair to himself...and to be fair to his wife - who had an abortion before they met. Problem is, when he straddles both camps a smell of hypocrisy is released from his cracks.
Badaxe is aware of his disjointed & disconnected arguments. This awareness makes him grumpy. Instead of taking his duplicitiousness out on others, he should look at himself and his views honestly.
When your heart finally catches up with your brain and flat lines your be eating dirt just like everyone else, Stinkbreath.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#319668 Dec 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
God says in his word that one must come to him by faith not by proof
Mini believe in evolution which says the earth is either millions or billions of years old pending on who you ask
Yet there is no proof of that either.
All they can do is dig something up and try to say how old it is.
This earth and always say it was either created by a creator or it just appeared.
I say it takes way more faith to believe in the second option.
Good afternoon "Gtown," I hope this holiday season finds you and yours well.
My friend, I truly wish you'd give even an eighth of the attention you pay to religion towards science. You'd really "learn" something.
Science isn't just about "guesswork." It's about research, it's about testable, verifiable data. It's about studying observable phenomena and drawing logical conclusions from such. It's not just saying, "Well, this artifact was buried "this" deep, so it must be "this" old.
If I may offer a suggestion, you might find the magazine "Biblical Archaeology Review" worthwhile:http://www.magazine -agent.com-sub.info/Biblical-A rchaeology-Review/Welcome
Admittedly, it's a tad pricey, but I've got a subscription and I've found it fascinating thus far.
Also, I think you'd do yourself a whole world of good if you actually read Darwin's "The Origin of Species."
Best to you and yours for a happy New Year!
John.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#319669 Dec 29, 2013
Huh, okay, that link didn't seem to work...my apologies.
Let's see if this one does:

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/magazine/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Cheech the Conser... 1,534,197
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 min Chosen Traveler 33,081
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 hr John 258,461
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 16 Patriot 11,170
Penn State University & State College May 12 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr '17 DelucaKoehn 11
More from around the web