Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 336650 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319578 Dec 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend of mine said God only supplies a man with enough blood for one head at a time. Yet again why does what I did bother anyone? Lust is a normal part of us right?
You didn't ask why it bothered "anyone" You asked why did it bother YOUR WIFE, Moron.

Lust is what one feels, and yes, it is normal. You ACTED on it, and broke the promise you'd made to her, would be my guess as to why it bothered her.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#319579 Dec 29, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, I'll type slowwwwly for you. The difference between rape and consensual sex is that rape puts an undue, extreme mental burden on the woman carrying it, far succeeding legal considerations of a woman pregnant by consensual sex merely defending her choice by her implied right to privacy. If you understood R v W, you would understand that arguments for a woman raped would not only have rights to privacy but an even more compelling argument for the State to protect her health/life over the fetus. I'm not a hypocrite, you're just kinda slow to understand.
WOW....I will type even more slowwwwwwwwwwwwly for you.

If life is precious concerning the fetus as you say, then explain the difference in a fetus conceived by consensual sex and rape. Take your time.

I understand RvW perfectly, please post a site where it draws a difference between rape and consensual sex and the privacy of. Hurry up, I want to read this.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319580 Dec 29, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>We've had this argument before buckwheat, apparently you've forgotten what I taught you. The State's interest is what mandates that an abortion be done by a licensed medical professional in the first trimester in all States, and the State's interest is what allows regulations on abortion in the second trimester. So, no, the SCOTUS did not only allow state's interest in the third trimester, as you claim, it also has interest in the woman's maternal health, which allows regulation and restrictions on abortion before the third trimester.
Only if the state chooses to exercise it's right to protect it's own interest. RvW doesn't mandate that it do so. ALLOWS it, yes. MANDATES it? No.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#319581 Dec 29, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO, only you would see Cpeter as wise......
LMAO, that YOU "think" YOU are wise. Cpeter can and has whooped your ass like a naughty child.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319582 Dec 29, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>No bit, I'm not desperate to show anything, in fact, I canít believe you donít get it, and want me to prove it. There doesnít have to be a specific law that specifies maternity costs, there are civil laws on the books that cover this, as well as case precedence. Many States can sue to establish Paternity so that they may sue the father for reimbursement of medical costs. Many single mothers, who donít have the financial means, rely on the State to pay, so they canít sue, but the State can, and sometimes do. But any woman who endures the costs of her pregnancy is entitled to sue the father for his share of responsibility, and they will and do win, it's a no brainer bit.
Again, the fact that the STATE may, if it wishes, sue a man to recoup the money the STATE paid out was never the question.

I say again, no man is financially responsible for a woman's pregnancy care, labor and delivery by law. THAT was what I said, and yes, there WOULD need to be a law for it to be true for all men. Feel free to prove that they are so legally responsible at any time. But stop wasting my time, whining that you can't believe I want proof of something I wasn't asking for in the first place.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319583 Dec 29, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>
"What can I say Bitner, the man, after confirmation of paternity IS responsible for his share of costs, incurred by the woman, or the state for the pregnancy he was partially responsible for. Show me any case or law that excludes him from such responsibility."

LOL, sorry, doesn't work that way, and you know it. So, you don't have the proof I asked for. Got it. Why didn't you just say so? Why all the coyness?

"How did I twist R v W? Language from the decision clearly states that once a woman is pregnant there are other interests than just her right to privacy. Look it up Bitner, prove me wrong, I'm not going to provide links and quotes for common knowledge just because you're too lazy to look and read for yourself."

Uh huh. I have read it. You already knew that.

You've been maintaining, by implication and (IIRC) outright statements, that RvW mandates action on the states' parts. It does not. It ALLOWS such action, under certain circumstances, past certain gestational stages. It does not mandate any action on the part of the state.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319584 Dec 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't he pull out his visa card? Who sets the moral standards in the lives of others?
Tell me something, Gtown, were you born without a sense of humor, or was is surgically removed? It was a joke.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319585 Dec 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
"You're right cp, and if you want to know what I think it made me? A SSS.
SELFISH-SELF-CENTERED-YOU Can plug the last one ;)"

Yes, and so does being here acting like now you're in a postion to "throw stones", as it were.

"Yet why does it matter if you and your partner is in a commited relationship?
Who sets your moral standards?"

We each do. And when two people make a promise to love and commit to each other, they should keep it. Not because of your version of Deity, but so as not to hurt someone you love.

"What makes them superior?"

Did he say anything about "superior"? Or are you putting words in his mouth because you've got this script running in your head, regardless of what people are actually saying to you?

"I am most likely the most out of th box Christian you shall ever encounter."

No, you're completely typical.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319586 Dec 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what you wrote outloud to those who broke your heart.
Lovers, family, any. Tell them how you forgive them and for them to please forgive you for judging them based on a different moral code then you.
He is talking about the basis of laws, not someone breaking a heart.

Have you been drinking, that you can't follow the conversation?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319587 Dec 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Children of God and those who claim not God have one thing in common. They spew garbage they've heard others say.
Either you truly believe what you say, or you're full of hot air.
Did I mention my God is real?
So are all of mine. Did you forget there are more than those two choices? There are also children of DIFFERENT Gods.

I believe what I say. See, I KNEW you were fishing for something specific. This post is a rant because we dared to NOT follow your inner script, and provide YOU with the responses you needed to preach at us. Tough sh*t.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319588 Dec 29, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm...duh...cuz I wanted to have kids. Because, I just didn't want to get an abortion. Newsflash Hon...not everyone who is PC automatically thinks about abortion when they get pregnant. Just because it's an option doesn't mean everyone thinks about it.
You and Sassy are really REALLY dense.
They are both stupid beyond belief.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319589 Dec 29, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep!
That war on christmas BS was a creation of right wing TV and radio. They do their best to pit people against people, they are nothing more than shit stirrers.
Employers implemented the term holidays, holiday party etc going back to the 70's. The clowns on conservative radio & TV act like it is a new development.
They even have a song called Happy Holidays. Been around since the 1940s.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319590 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"You're right cp, and if you want to know what I think it made me? A SSS.
SELFISH-SELF-CENTERED-YOU Can plug the last one ;)"
Yes, and so does being here acting like now you're in a postion to "throw stones", as it were.
"Yet why does it matter if you and your partner is in a commited relationship?
Who sets your moral standards?"
We each do. And when two people make a promise to love and commit to each other, they should keep it. Not because of your version of Deity, but so as not to hurt someone you love.
"What makes them superior?"
Did he say anything about "superior"? Or are you putting words in his mouth because you've got this script running in your head, regardless of what people are actually saying to you?
"I am most likely the most out of th box Christian you shall ever encounter."
No, you're completely typical.
Huh, now how did that happen? That last sentence there had more to it. I guess I accidentally deleted part of it.

It should read "No, you're completely typical for an in-the-box, self-righteous fundie."
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#319591 Dec 29, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not. Why do you have to lie to make a point? Or is your reading comprehension really so bad?
I acknowledge all the reality I deal with. I do not believe abortion is murder. It is legal killing. You focus on the killing of a developing embryo/fetus, I focus on the woman and her circumstances. You personify and equate the developing embryo/fetus to a breathing, squalling newborn. I don't. I see the embryo/fetus for what it is, unfinished development with no guarantee to a healthy live birth. That's nature's way. Human's have been manipulating nature for as long as they could. Why should pregnancy be any different? Why aren't the manipulations of nature in men's favor ever questioned or denied? Hmmm?
Katie Van der Sloot: "You personify and equate the developing embryo/fetus to a breathing, squalling newborn. I don't."

Which is why you named your preborn son Aaron.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#319592 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mom's Rosary is precious to you.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#319593 Dec 29, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW....I will type even more slowwwwwwwwwwwwly for you.
If life is precious concerning the fetus as you say, then explain the difference in a fetus conceived by consensual sex and rape. Take your time.
I understand RvW perfectly, please post a site where it draws a difference between rape and consensual sex and the privacy of. Hurry up, I want to read this.
Actor Martin Sheen's wife was conceived in rape. Wonder what Badaxe has against her?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319594 Dec 29, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mom's Rosary is precious to you.
Not only does this have NOTHING to do with my post, it's not even true.

So, once again, you've managed to only post lies and irrelevancies, No Relevance.

And still, no one is surprised, as those things are all you have. Well, those and immature attempts to be insulting.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#319595 Dec 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The calendar you use is based on Jesus' birth.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319596 Dec 29, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
The calendar you use is based on Jesus' birth.
And even MORE irrelevancy from No Relevance. Is anyone surprised? Anyone? No?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#319597 Dec 29, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, equating induced abortion to spontaneous abortion takes care of all the issues you've laid out above.
If it's a stranger's (a person I will never know of or meet in my life time) pregnancy, the death of their wanted/healthy embryo/fetus has as much impact on me personally and society as a whole as the death of the unwanted/unhealthy embryo/fetus does: None.
I actually believe it is nosy parkers like you who are "the selfish, uncaring, damn life and just give me" every woman's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy because she cannot be the one to determine her own outcome.
Katie V.: "I equate induced abortion to spontaneous abortion"

Wow.

What a moron.

Do you even read your posts?

Natural death is the same as intentional killing?

You're an imbecile.

"My Grandma is weird."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 48 min Trojan 35,799
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 52 min NotSoDivineMsM 1,744,387
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar 28 Lonnie Peters 201,480
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 24 Wisdom of Ages 12,331
News Purdue and IU? On Valentine's day? Not anymore (Feb '07) Mar '18 Painter Phartse 73
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb '18 ScoresPhartse 2