Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 336522 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#319518 Dec 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she asked why you wouldn't consent to having an abortion.
And of course you'd be wrong.

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>" What's wrong with abortion that *you wouldn't get an abortion"?"

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#319519 Dec 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
But there were so many Pagan gods. No matter when Christ's birthday was celebrated it probably would have fallen on some pagan holiday. I don't see the problem.
Of course you don't. I don't think you can see beyond your own nose.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#319520 Dec 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you missed the point. As usual.
It's pretty well-known these days that Christian holidays were bastardizations of Pagan celebrations as a way to assimilate the Pagans. It's also amazing how these fundies actually think everyone else's religions are made-up fake mythology yet their own is supposedly real.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319521 Dec 28, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course you'd be wrong.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>" What's wrong with abortion that *you wouldn't get an abortion"?"
So why wouldn't you get an abortion?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319522 Dec 28, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't. I don't think you can see beyond your own nose.
There are a zillion pagan gods who each have a birthday or a holiday. Do you think they own those days and no one else can be born on the same day? BTW how do we know when they all were born, exactly?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319523 Dec 28, 2013
<quoted text>
It's pretty well-known these days that Christian holidays were bastardizations of Pagan celebrations as a way to assimilate the Pagans.
That is all quite possible.

. It's also amazing how these fundies actually think everyone else's religions are made-up fake mythology yet their own is supposedly real

We each follow are own path. Do you believe that Christianity is a fake made up religion?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319524 Dec 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a zillion pagan gods who each have a birthday or a holiday. Do you think they own those days and no one else can be born on the same day? BTW how do we know when they all were born, exactly?
AGAIN, Witless, you've missed the point entirely.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319525 Dec 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That is all quite possible.
. It's also amazing how these fundies actually think everyone else's religions are made-up fake mythology yet their own is supposedly real
We each follow are own path. Do you believe that Christianity is a fake made up religion?
All religions are made up. And while they all may hold truth, none of them have THE truth.

One of my favorite quotes is
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it doesn't exist."
~Friedrich Nietzsche

And, another
"All the faces the Divine show us are true, but none of them are all of the truth."
~S.M. Stirling

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319526 Dec 28, 2013
<quoted text>
It's pretty well-known these days that Christian holidays were bastardizations of Pagan celebrations as a way to assimilate the Pagans. It's also amazing how these fundies actually think everyone else's religions are made-up fake mythology yet their own is supposedly real.
Yeah, fundies are funny that way.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319527 Dec 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
All religions are made up. And while they all may hold truth, none of them have THE truth.
One of my favorite quotes is
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it doesn't exist."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
And, another
"All the faces the Divine show us are true, but none of them are all of the truth."
~S.M. Stirling
That philosophy is so equivical and ambiguous that it is useless. It leads one to believe in nothing.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319528 Dec 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That philosophy is so equivical and ambiguous that it is useless. It leads one to believe in nothing.
Obviously not, since I believe the quote AND believe in many other things. Including my Deities, and the part of the whole truth that is the basis of my own religion.

That you cannot acknowledge the truth of it is due only to the weakness of your faith, and a feeling of inferiority, that you must believe you posses the only truth, and are therefore better than those who don't possess it.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319529 Dec 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not, since I believe the quote AND believe in many other things. Including my Deities, and the part of the whole truth that is the basis of my own religion.
That you cannot acknowledge the truth of it is due only to the weakness of your faith, and a feeling of inferiority, that you must believe you posses the only truth, and are therefore better than those who don't possess it.
You posses the truth too but you spend your life denying it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319530 Dec 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You posses the truth too but you spend your life denying it.
You've just proven my point. Thank you.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#319531 Dec 28, 2013
So hetero men can get pregnant? Who knew?
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a "man" like cPeter is a "man".
The only thing you create are compacted turdcicles.
Gtown71

United States

#319532 Dec 28, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget not to force your views on those that don't believe in that fictional book you use as a crutch.
I've never forced any view, and wouldn't want to. What I talk someone into, another person can talk them out of. I just tell others how for years I truly thought God was a mith . Plus people used God as a crutch as you say.

It all changed for me only a few weeks after I asked myself what if?
What if I am wrong?

I was. Now if I'm right then you and others who believe we came from slim plus time without any help from a God, are in lots of trouble. Forgive me for caring enough to tell you what I believe is true.

I cannot force you to do anything, but would ask you to ask yourself what if?
What if you're wrong about God?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#319533 Dec 28, 2013
Fool her once, shame on you; fool her twice, shame on her?

As a friend of mine said, "There's nothing wrong with window shopping as long as you don't pull out your visa card."
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!
Now why does my wife have an issue with me lusting toward other women??:)
Gtown71

United States

#319534 Dec 28, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like what?
High numbers of stds. High numbers of suicides. High numbers of partners,Depression and. And more
Gtown71

United States

#319535 Dec 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It suggested that if the employees (which McDonald's refuses to pay more than minimum wage) can't make ends meet, they should sell their Christmas presents on ebay. Nice, huh?
That's stone cold.
I'm all for minimum wage being raised, but if its raised to ask10 bucks an hour, then those who now make 10 bucks an hour, will be upset. And on and on. To a point where even if its raised? A Happy meal will cost eight bucks. I just don't see a winning way other than leaving it alone and inspire folks to do better? No easy answer. Last time they bumped it, everything went up, but it may atleast make one feel better.

Still that statement should've caused them to shut down the site.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319536 Dec 28, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Fool her once, shame on you; fool her twice, shame on her?
As a friend of mine said, "There's nothing wrong with window shopping as long as you don't pull out your visa card."
<quoted text>
Oh, I like that one :)
Gtown71

United States

#319537 Dec 28, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I promote everyone having the right to choose what they do. Not being told by others.
People do usually do whatever they want to. Like make meth. If a guy lives alone and makes method, then who's business is it? Don't like method? Don't make it.:)

I've done plenty illegal and inmoral things in life. I still don't think all things should be legal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Rattlesnake Pete 1,743,789
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 35,795
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar 28 Lonnie Peters 201,480
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 24 Wisdom of Ages 12,331
News Purdue and IU? On Valentine's day? Not anymore (Feb '07) Mar '18 Painter Phartse 73
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb '18 ScoresPhartse 2