Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 320206 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319429 Dec 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a fact that she gets the right to choose if the baby lives or dies.
It is a fact that she can have his child killed "aborted".
It is a fact that if she chooses to let the baby be born, then she can force him to pay and pay.
Now why should a young man be punished with a baby just for making a mistake ?
She can't force him to pay. The state the child lives in can make BOTH parents pay, because child support is the statutory right of all children. And the STATE makes BOTH parents pay so that IT doesn't have to do it all. If you have a problem with making BOTH parents pay so that YOUR taxes don't have to, take it up with the state, because it's not the woman's doing.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#319430 Dec 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>They aren't. Our sins small s are not so much the problem, even though they do cause us problems. Our Sin Big S is what stands between us and Heaven.

When one accepts Gods free gift. That is no longer an issue with God.

Before I was saved I could get away with more sins then now. I can't get away with any. Yet I reap what I sow here on earth. Those who die lost may appear to get away with a lot, but since they choose not to accept Gods payment for their Sins. They will have to do it. The price is high for one then any human can pay. They never get them played for, and are separated at death from the Only One who did.:(
Don't forget not to force your views on those that don't believe in that fictional book you use as a crutch.

Milwaukee

#319431 Dec 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>Gays have many many oops, just not children. Lots of other pain and heartache though.
Like what?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319432 Dec 28, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You keep bringing up science, and scientific terminology is not subjective. A fetus is a potential member of a species, not a member until successfully born.
Why do people like you keep arguing scientific principles while clearly not comprehending them?
<quoted text>
What do you expect from someone to whom 8th grade biology is the epitome of science?

Milwaukee

#319433 Dec 28, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>would it make sense to preclude you from speaking out against infanticide simply because you might not have the resources to raise the potential victims of same ?

how stupid.
Let people live their lives and stop telling them what to do. You sound like a dictator.

Milwaukee

#319434 Dec 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>I assume you mean 'you can't die if you never lived'. Does that mean you don't think the fetus is alive?
Not on it's own no it's not. Requires the mothers body to survive.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319435 Dec 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't even know Mcdonalds had such a site. Lol
It suggested that if the employees (which McDonald's refuses to pay more than minimum wage) can't make ends meet, they should sell their Christmas presents on ebay. Nice, huh?

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#319436 Dec 28, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
People should be able to opt out of organ and tissue donation. Everyone should automatically be enrolled at the age of 18. No living person should be forced to donate anything. But if everyone was automatically enrolled there would be no need to.
I didn't say do you think its ok to kill an innocent "person." I said do you think its ok to kill "Homo Sapiens" that have done nothing wrong?" I'm not using the subjective word person. Peter Singer thinks we should be able to kill one year old children because they aren't smart enough for him to consider them "persons." I'm keeping it entirely objective by using scientific language. So you "still" have not answered my question and I still have a feeling you will refuse to do so. I don't know whether it is out of fear or some other reason but I doubt you will answer.
If a woman "willing" has sex and becomes pregnant then she has become a life support system for another human being "willingly." If she then changes her mind and doesn't want to do it anymore then yes I believe she should remain in the position she "willingly" put herself into.
Don't use my gender to attack me it is sexist. Logic is logic doesn't matter if its coming from a man or a woman. Also leave the religious stuff out I'm not going to bring it up at all it just confuses the issue. We should only use logical ethical arguments in a mostly secular liberal democracy.
Also in California they have made it legal for midwives to perform surgical abortions. The really hard core pro-abortion rights supporters care more about access than safety.
If only requiring donor donation after death why would you require women/girls to be organ donors/life support systems while pregnant? Do you consider them dead when pregnant? Or do you just consider their right to bodily autonomy dead?

Your terminology is non-sensical, you are referring to a group. What do you have against the term "person"?

This should clear things up for you:

The species that you and all other living human beings on this planet belong to is Homo sapiens. During a time of dramatic climate change 200,000 years ago, Homo sapiens (modern humans) evolved in Africa. Like other early humans that were living at this time, they gathered and hunted food, and evolved behaviors that helped them respond to the challenges of survival in unstable environments.

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fos...

I am not interested in what Peter Singer thinks, nor do I agree with him, nor does the constitution or law.

A woman/girl who has sex unless trying to become pregnant is not "willfully" inviting pregnancy and even IF she is trying there is NO guarantee. That is just as stupid as saying that one who gets in a car and drives and encounters an accident did so willfully and should live with the injury.

Logic is logic, and logic says.....males.....no matter how hard they try....cannot....will not...become pregnant. AND since you as a male are entirely incapable of carrying a pregnancy I will drag your controlling gender ass into it all I see fit. Deal with it and quit whining.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#319437 Dec 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It suggested that if the employees (which McDonald's refuses to pay more than minimum wage) can't make ends meet, they should sell their Christmas presents on ebay. Nice, huh?
Apparently, there were instructions on how much the average McDonald's employee should tip the housekeeper and the pool boy....as if their employee's second and third jobs weren't 'housekeeper' and 'pool boy'...

Out of touch, much??

*grin*

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#319438 Dec 28, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Oh honey,I am sure you don't spend your every waking hour on parachuting forums supporting the choice to do it or not.
Is that all you got after having you ass handed to you is the constant whine of how long somebody spends on a forum? AND yet...here you are! I hope for the sake of people around you that you are not as annoying in real life as you are here.....but I seriously doubt it.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#319439 Dec 28, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let people live their lives and stop telling them what to do. You sound like a dictator.
Jared: "Let people live their lives and stop telling them what to do. You sound like a dictator."

Let those in the womb have their lives and stop supporting their executions. You sound like a tyrant randomly demarcating along others' human-life spectrums whose life is worth saving, and whose life is not worthy of life.

You discriminate to death an entire group of human beings based on their temporary living location, size, and stage of human development.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#319440 Dec 28, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not on it's own no it's not. Requires the mothers body to survive.
Jared: "Not on it's own no it's not. Requires the mothers body to survive."

You must be referring to pregnancy.

Pregnancy is not a disease. It is how mankind was created to procreate. It's a normal part of mankind.

Trying to dehumanize humans not only does not validate your support for killing preborn baby humans, but makes you look insensitive, cold and ignorant.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#319441 Dec 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What sounds like a "bad experience"?
You're wrong, the man is not legally financially responsible.
I said nothing about child support. That is a separate issue. Child support is the right of the CHILD, and has nothing to do with the pregnancy.
Nope, actually SCOTUS agrees with me, despite your desperate twisting of RvW.
I bet that when your wife was pregnant, you used to say "we're pregnant", didn't you?
Of course he did.

He thought it made him look involved.

Actually though, if his wife had decided to abort their daughter, there wouldn't have been a bloody thing he could have done about it, and that thought just eats at his bones like acid.

Even though she didn't.

It's not about the 'bitch nurse', who suggested alternatives to bringing their daughter into the world if she was affected with Down's Syndrome...it's about the fact that IF his wife hadn't been willing to risk giving birth to a Down's baby, she wouldn't have had to.

The concomitant fact, that men can't legally force a woman to abort, either, is completely lost on this dude....he doesn't figure he'd ever DO that, so what's the big deal....?

He would consign us all to gestation, or abortion, at the discretion of our 'menfolk' if he could. I suspect he's gotten a woman pregnant, who DID abort, and he took it personally.

Insecure men, know the women they desire deserve better than them.

Classic.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#319442 Dec 28, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
yes.
<quoted text>
no.
<quoted text>
no.
<quoted text>
yes.
<quoted text>
yes. as long as it is truly "auto"nomy. and as long as it is just "their" body.
<quoted text>
walking in high heels disturbs the medical/physical well being of a woman. does that mean we should have the right to kill a shoe salesman who dares try to sell them ?
if a pregnancy is determined by an md to be a certified health/life risk then a woman should have the option of choosing to legally abort. "that" is legitimate self defense. the use of deadly force must be justified in cases of self defense. claiming a normal pregnancy in and of itself poses an imminent threat to the extent that deadly force would be warranted and justified is just absurd.
<quoted text>
? explain.
<quoted text>
no. i do not have the right to terminate human life without just cause. therefore she would not be exempt from any of the rights i currently enjoy.
<quoted text>
no. but that applies to born humans. you're not comparing fetuses to born humans are you ?
What needs explaining referring to "women owe". It is pretty simple. Prolifers believe women owe, regardless of themselves or their circumstances they owe birthing to church and state.

Walking in high heels is a conscious choice, you even pick the size, color and how high you would like the heel. That has GOT to be the DUMBEST comparison EVER, belittling and degrading to compare walking in heels to a pregnancy. JFC you are a male and clueless.

Why should you be able to abort if a pregnancy poses a health issue to the mother? What about the fetus? Does it now lose rights? Does it become less valuable? Explain.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#319443 Dec 28, 2013
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Sir, my friend, but who shook that tree that you were?
Love you too bro.
Peace2uG.
(Warning: Don't shake Brother Tree. The Wiccan Witch of the South - bHitler - frowns upon such actions)

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#319444 Dec 28, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently, you are having a hard time following your own conversation. You were calling me a hypocrite for not valuing the life of a fetus conceived by rape as much as a fetus conceived by consensual sex. I explained the legal difference, referring to R v W, so what does the first trimester have to do with this? A woman can abort at will in the second trimester as well, but what does that have to do with the conversation? We're talking about the difference between a pregnancy resulting from rape and a pregnancy from consensual sex and why there is a difference and different considerations.
You are right, I am calling you a hypocrite. You apply different values to life while claiming all life is precious. A contradiction.

I am referring to RvW and the first trimester, are you referring otherwise? Their is NO difference in a fetus conceived by consensual sex or rape. This is where your contradiction lies. But you knew that.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#319445 Dec 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no hate in that post, which gives lie to your pretension of piousness.
If you had to choose between saving a Butter 'n' Bacon Sandwich and a baby girl, you would save the Butter 'n' Bacon Sandwich.
________

"It's A Girl!"
www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com

Fake feminist much?

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#319446 Dec 28, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>
I go to work every day to support my wife and kids, I have been hurt physically at times but I keep on. Many in my trade have lost fingers, limbs, and some their lives, but its part of being a man, a husband, a father, I feel it's my responsibility/obligation. I would never hurt or kill any potential life to this family to make it easier for me. Yeah, I understand that I could never endure the temporary inconveniences and pain of pregnancy, as I could never understand the true beauty and majesty of giving birth to something that truly grew from me and within me. And I do understand that there are times when abortion is a necessary option, but is there ever a time when abortion is ONLY about the woman's personal interests?
As cpeter in all his wisdom would say......do you want a cookie?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#319447 Dec 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that helps me is knowing how much of a ignorant "tree" I used to be.:)
Love you bro.
Gtown: "The only thing that helps me is knowing how much of a ignorant "tree" I used to be."

bHitler and her Wiccan faithful worship Brother Tree.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#319448 Dec 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetus is the term for any number of vertebrates, not just humans. So no, you're wrong.
bHitler: "Fetus is the term for any number of vertebrates, not just humans. So no, you're wrong."

You yourself admitted that "a human" (noun) exists in the womb.

So, that happened.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Joy 1,642,936
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 34,838
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 21 hr Poor performance 11,802
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 9 Randy-From-Wooster 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web