Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313382 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#319326 Dec 27, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You pay attention it's the law get over it and move on.
Of course the law permits it. It's a barbaric law and we need to fight it. Human lives are at stake here. Innocent little lives that are being killed in the name of choice because mom doesn't want to offer her child up to a mom who will proudly raise her child.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319327 Dec 27, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Don't ya just love how they circle around their position on abortion? THEY *wouldn't* have one but there is *nothing* wrong with it. They spend endless hours defending the act yet "they" wouldnt have one.
Cowardly response. Speaks volumes.
They have never and will never tell you why they wouldn't have an abortion. But we know the answer.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319328 Dec 27, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Also a vast majority of democrats voted for Missouri's late term abortion ban. It was also not vetoed by The democratic Governor Jay Nixon which allowed it to be come law (no pocket veto in Missouri). So arguing that these laws are only coming from teabaggers is just factually inaccurate.
Please don't confuse her with facts. She likes to have things her way, right or wrong.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319329 Dec 27, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the ol' "do as I say, not as I do philosophy" has worked oh-so well.
"13% of abortion patients describe themselves as born-again or Evangelical Christians; while 22% of U.S. women are Catholic,7 27% of abortion patients say they are Catholics"
I feel sorry for all of them who got themselves into this position. Another reason not to have sex with people you don't want to have children with.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#319330 Dec 27, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
You think everyone should be required to be organ donors? While alive or when dead? The example I gave you was from a father who was alive.
No, I do not think it is OK to kill an innocent person who has done nothing wrong. You flatter yourself believing I am in anyway afraid of you.
Do you believe in self defense? Do you believe in systematic rape used for military purposes? Do you believe that women girls subject to this should be forced to bear the result? Do you believe they should have a safe and legal choice? Do you believe that women/girls have the right to bodily autonomy? Do you believe that pregnancy does not in any way disturb the medical/physical well being of a woman/girl? Do you believe women/girls "owe"? Do you believe that woman/girls should be exempt from the rights you enjoy once pregnant?(or at anytime before or after? Do you believe that anyone should be a life support system for another against their will?(you never answered that one, you danced around it).
Your gender has everything to do with these questions being you are in a "safe" position and removed from the equation, and have been the primary gender to institute law, not to mention religion that was written and instituted strictly from a male perspective. Now, as the saying goes, walk a mile in Her moccasins and give me your answers. I will wait.
People should be able to opt out of organ and tissue donation. Everyone should automatically be enrolled at the age of 18. No living person should be forced to donate anything. But if everyone was automatically enrolled there would be no need to.

I didn't say do you think its ok to kill an innocent "person." I said do you think its ok to kill "Homo Sapiens" that have done nothing wrong?" I'm not using the subjective word person. Peter Singer thinks we should be able to kill one year old children because they aren't smart enough for him to consider them "persons." I'm keeping it entirely objective by using scientific language. So you "still" have not answered my question and I still have a feeling you will refuse to do so. I don't know whether it is out of fear or some other reason but I doubt you will answer.

If a woman "willing" has sex and becomes pregnant then she has become a life support system for another human being "willingly." If she then changes her mind and doesn't want to do it anymore then yes I believe she should remain in the position she "willingly" put herself into.

Don't use my gender to attack me it is sexist. Logic is logic doesn't matter if its coming from a man or a woman. Also leave the religious stuff out I'm not going to bring it up at all it just confuses the issue. We should only use logical ethical arguments in a mostly secular liberal democracy.

Also in California they have made it legal for midwives to perform surgical abortions. The really hard core pro-abortion rights supporters care more about access than safety.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#319331 Dec 27, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Not a bad idea, if you're willing to trash the constitution. The constitution demands that citizens be secure in their own persons which, among other things, means they make their own decisions about its contents and who, if anyone, they share them with.
It's illegal to kill a homo sapiens without just cause. It's also irrelevant since fetuses are not considered members of a species; only born specimens are.
<quoted text>
The constitution can be amended. also all living organisms can be classified by a genus and species. So you are wrong. The term Homo Sapiens is a biological one. Feti are living Homo Sapiens based on objective scientific criteria. Don't remain willfully ignorant to basic 8th grade biology.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319332 Dec 27, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
The supreme court is going to find Texas' new abortion law constitutional. You may still think its not just like I think Democratic Governor Bob Casey Sr versus Planned Parenthood's decision wasn't pro-life enough. That doesn't change the fact that abortion rights are shrinking. Also you don't seem to understand how people reproduce or exercise their reproductive rights. People reproduce through a biological process called sexual reproduction. Once the egg is fertilized by the sperm reproduction is over and the process of human development begins a process that doesn't end until maturation. Abortion has nothing to do with sexual reproduction or reproductive rights.
Whether or not to continue an unplanned pregnancy is part of a woman's reproductive rights, like it or not.

And no, those rights aren't "shrinking". Too bad for you.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319333 Dec 27, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Also a vast majority of democrats voted for Missouri's late term abortion ban. It was also not vetoed by The democratic Governor Jay Nixon which allowed it to be come law (no pocket veto in Missouri). So arguing that these laws are only coming from teabaggers is just factually inaccurate.
Since I didn't say that, you are the one who is being inaccurate.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#319334 Dec 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for all of them who got themselves into this position. Another reason not to have sex with people you don't want to have children with.
Fake sympathy will not get you anywhere. Not surprisingly, the point went right over your head.
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#319335 Dec 27, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>

If a woman "willing" has sex and becomes pregnant then she has become a life support system for another human being "willingly."
Total garbage.

Consent to sex does not equal consent to have and/or carry a child.
No Relativism

Pittsburgh, PA

#319336 Dec 27, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Worry about yourself. Don't impose your will on others.
Mom's right to convenience ends where another's body begins.

Write that down and place it on your refridgerator.

“BACK IN TIME”

Since: Dec 13

Under a Bridge, USA

#319337 Dec 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you expect to come from it? Changing minds? Is your position so weak that it could be changed by perfect strangers? Mine isn't.
You're exactly right Ma'am, and that's my point. It's the back and fourth on this thread and no one gives an inch. I can understand that, but how the thread survives is what I don't get.

How many ways can one debate/argue the same thing for hours at a time? There's a God-No there's not. Abortion is wrong-no it's a woman's right, over and over and over, really?

Anyway I mean no ill will towards anyone. I'm not a woman rights hater. I just differ on the abortion issue, that's all, I just think the baby has rights.

Peace.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#319338 Dec 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>Being poor is not a reason to kill an unborn child.
Being irresponsible is not a reason to have a baby.

Milwaukee

#319339 Dec 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>Good decisions hopefully not death sentences.
You can die is you have never lived

Milwaukee

#319340 Dec 27, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>I asked you a specific question (perhaps you missed it?).

Do you support elective abortions (NO restrictions) up until the 9th month.
I don't care either way it's none of my business either way. Do you understand????

Milwaukee

#319341 Dec 27, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>LOL you say "stay on topic" yet you brought up gay marriage and the assumption that I think that will result in people marrying animals.

JDawg,stay on topic.

Kthanks.
It was a direct comparison of the logic you use applied to another topic. Totally relevant.

Milwaukee

#319342 Dec 27, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Of course the law permits it. It's a barbaric law and we need to fight it. Human lives are at stake here. Innocent little lives that are being killed in the name of choice because mom doesn't want to offer her child up to a mom who will proudly raise her child.
And do you have the resources to raise all of these children? Typical to suggest something without thinking it through to the end.
Bless the Child

Allentown, PA

#319343 Dec 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
A "Godless society"? Perhaps, but just because you believe in God does not mean everyone in society must also have the same beliefs, or follow the rules of those beliefs.
Many people who don't believe in a god are good and decent people, just as many believers of a god are uncaring bastards.
I am a "Godless" atheist and I wouldn't get an abortion but I support other people's right to choose for themselves.
Not believing in a God does not automatically make someone a bad/evil person, just like believing in God does not automatically make someone a good person.
I am so sorry you have such strong hate in your heart. Atheists generally are people who have fallen away form God because of great pain or suffering in their life. I hope you are able to heal with time.

Abortion is the very sad result if poor decisions. Hopefully we will see an end to the barbarism of abortion some day. I continue to pray for not only the dead child but the mother as well. As women we would rather die ourselves than see any harm come to out children. When that is not the focus of a mother something is very wrong and she needs help and prayer.

My prayers are with you and I only wish the best for you.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#319344 Dec 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you would be afraid to jump out of a plane. There is always a reason that we do something or we don't.
Yeah. I would be afraid to jump out of a plane, that doesn't make jumping from a plane "wrong".

Sassy asked what I thought was "wrong" with abortion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319345 Dec 27, 2013
Bless the Child wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry you have such strong hate in your heart. Atheists generally are people who have fallen away form God because of great pain or suffering in their life. I hope you are able to heal with time.
Abortion is the very sad result if poor decisions. Hopefully we will see an end to the barbarism of abortion some day. I continue to pray for not only the dead child but the mother as well. As women we would rather die ourselves than see any harm come to out children. When that is not the focus of a mother something is very wrong and she needs help and prayer.
My prayers are with you and I only wish the best for you.
There was no hate in that post, which gives lie to your pretension of piousness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RoxLo 1,497,360
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr Rshermr 10,986
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed ResidentPhartx 32,756
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Tue TrumpsPhartsx 99
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Tue waaasssuuup 258,484
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Feb 15 Jhuerta 287
How my search of $450000 dollars became real. Feb 14 Kesby Karen 1
More from around the web