Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

katie

Tacoma, WA

#319297 Dec 27, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "Does that make sense to anyone?"
Speaking of "making sense".....
"There is no "exact moment" [fetus becomes a baby] as fetus changing to baby is a process begun during labor and continuing after delivery well into the first 24-48hrs after childbirth. The brain continues to adjust for life outside the womb, see." - Katie
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
It wouldn't make sense to a foolish person like you whose "truth" actually equals the first little pig's house made out of straw when Roe v Wade equals the big bad wolf. You're the one who's a mess here, NR. And don't you forget it.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#319298 Dec 27, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> You look in the mirror everyday and what you see is a woman who is filled with guilt AND unworthiness. You seem to think that someone else owned your life. You think that your mom might have aborted you and that because she didn't have the choice to in her day,you were meant to be here. That is sad. You were created and existed before your mom knew about you. OBVIOUSLY you were meant to be *here* on earth because God willed you to *be*. How long you spent your days here on earth,was up to God,not your mom.
Us women have been created to procreate and carry while providing *life* for our offsprings. We don't have a right to kill the ones that we don't want to mother(either in the womb or out of the womb). You say that you respect women enough to allow choice. Do you understand or care about the circumstances that many,MANY women abort under? Many are done against their best personal interest or out of pure desperation. That is not choice in my book and even if you claim that it is,it is clearly not a good choice for them. Do you offer help for women who think they have NO choice but to abort? Do you have "respect"for them enough to help? I personally don't see ANY proaborts in sight when girls need help keeping their baby alive.
You must be referring to yourself "look in the mirror everyday and what you see is a woman who is filled with guilt AND unworthiness"

I look in the mirror everyday and I see a smart, free, non-brainwashed, happy gal full of worthiness. Not one who felt other women needed to sacrifice Her well being or better interests forcing Her to have no other options. My mother did "own" my life. If Her body rejected me....out I went. If She had the option to abort and did, I would have made it here if meant to be. Simple as that. Your "god" had nothing to do with it. My mother had everything to do with it, unless you can prove otherwise aside from mythology.

Nice of you to admit that you consider women nothing but brood mares. What do you consider men since you have such a limited role for women? OH...and we do have a "right" regardless of you insisting otherwise, legal or not, a woman who does not want to be pregnant will deal with it one way or the other, even suicide. Pick your poison.

I am all for supporting women who "want" to have a child, and yes I have helped family members when needed, I also support welfare, food stamps etc and never bitch about my tax money going to such, how about you? I also support those who do not want to carry a pregnancy. Can you say the same?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#319299 Dec 27, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be referring to yourself "look in the mirror everyday and what you see is a woman who is filled with guilt AND unworthiness"
I look in the mirror everyday and I see a smart, free, non-brainwashed, happy gal full of worthiness. Not one who felt other women needed to sacrifice Her well being or better interests forcing Her to have no other options. My mother did "own" my life. If Her body rejected me....out I went. If She had the option to abort and did, I would have made it here if meant to be. Simple as that. Your "god" had nothing to do with it. My mother had everything to do with it, unless you can prove otherwise aside from mythology.
Nice of you to admit that you consider women nothing but brood mares. What do you consider men since you have such a limited role for women? OH...and we do have a "right" regardless of you insisting otherwise, legal or not, a woman who does not want to be pregnant will deal with it one way or the other, even suicide. Pick your poison.
I am all for supporting women who "want" to have a child, and yes I have helped family members when needed, I also support welfare, food stamps etc and never bitch about my tax money going to such, how about you? I also support those who do not want to carry a pregnancy. Can you say the same?
If your mom "owned" you,why would her body without her consent-reject you? Does that sound like control to you? Seems to me like someone/thing else is in charge. Was she capable of ending your life? Sure. That doesn't show ownship to me. It's more like controlling.

I don't consider myself or any woman for that matter to be "broodmares". Don't know how you got that impression.

No,I do not support anyone killing anyone. Are you surprised to hear that from me? What kind of person do you think that I am to support a woman killling her child because it is unwanted? I was horrified that the father of that 3 yr old didn't have respect for his son as he threw him(and himself) off a tall building either. Should I respect his choices too even if I don't agree?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#319300 Dec 27, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. Abortion is still legal. Why do you feel the have the right to impose your views on others. If you don't want to have an abortion then don't. Let others make their own choices.
Do you support elective abortion up until the 9th month of pregnancy?

Just seeing if you want to "impose your views on others" and "let others make their own choices"

Kthanks!
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#319301 Dec 27, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that funny? Can a mass of tissue make life decisions? Not even a 3 year old child can. Just as parents make decisions for their children until they are adults they also make choices on what to do and not do to their bodies.
So,if a 3 yr old can't make life decisions,can the parents choose death for them "if" they think that it is in their best interest? MILLIONS of parents have killed their children after birth instead of giving their child away,so I am guessing that they felt it was best and done out of love?

Sounds like you had a controlling mother who made you feel like you were her prisoner until your were old enough to make your own life decisions. I am truly sorry.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#319302 Dec 27, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>Jared: "Does that mass of tissue have the ability to communicate what they want? NO!!"

Right to life is based on ability to communicate at the front end of one's human-life spectrum?
_________

"Mass of tissue"

Again, YOU are a mass of tissue & water.

As early as 5-7 weeks gestation, mom can find out from home "It's A Girl!" www.TellMePinkOrBlue

If you look closely, the sex-determination test does not say "It's A Girl Mass Of Tissue!"

Pay attention.
You pay attention it's the law get over it and move on.

Milwaukee

#319303 Dec 27, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>Katie V.: "Does that make sense to anyone?"

Speaking of "making sense".....

"There is no "exact moment" [fetus becomes a baby] as fetus changing to baby is a process begun during labor and continuing after delivery well into the first 24-48hrs after childbirth. The brain continues to adjust for life outside the womb, see." - Katie

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Worry about yourself. Don't impose your will on others.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#319304 Dec 27, 2013
Gee, you just find that out, little twit?
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
cPeter: "Abortion has been legal for the majority of this country's history, including the founders' time."
Erm, same-sex marriage has not been legal for the majority of this country's history, including the founders' time.
So, that happened.

Milwaukee

#319305 Dec 27, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Do you support elective abortion up until the 9th month of pregnancy?

Just seeing if you want to "impose your views on others" and "let others make their own choices"

Kthanks!
I shouldn't have any choice either way what another person chooses to do with their body. I'm not out there with a sign saying yay get an abortion I'm saying worry about yourself and stop telling others what to do. It's none of your business. It's not your body, pregnancy or life so butt out.

Milwaukee

#319306 Dec 27, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>So,if a 3 yr old can't make life decisions,can the parents choose death for them "if" they think that it is in their best interest? MILLIONS of parents have killed their children after birth instead of giving their child away,so I am guessing that they felt it was best and done out of love?

Sounds like you had a controlling mother who made you feel like you were her prisoner until your were old enough to make your own life decisions. I am truly sorry.
Now you are taking this totally out of context like typical uneducated people without rational thoughts do. You probably think gay marriage will result in people marrying animals too. Stay on topic. If it's and buts were berries and nuts.

Indianapolis

#319307 Dec 27, 2013
No, it's sad and abnormal to take a biological act and try to make it a religious experience. People have sex because it feels good, for the most part. Sexual activity is part of a healthy lifestyle.

Whether your god is stupid is up for debate, since he's clearly idiotic enough to make women pregnant even though he KNOWS they will abort (omniscience, remember?) His existence isn't proven either.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Sex in fact bonds people-emotionally,physically. It is designed to. Of course it is "tremendously satisying". God isn't stupid. He made it that way for a reason...to make married couples want to do it because it bonds them,and serves MANY purpose including procreation of the human race.
You want to cheapen that act and experience. That's sad and abnormal.

Indianapolis

#319308 Dec 27, 2013
Some religious sects believe they have a god-given duty to inform the heathens that their cult has all the answers, and the only answers. It's just the arrogance of the ignorant, of course, but they can get absolutely militant about "educating" people about their god's will. Look at sassy, trying to define the goal and effect of sex for everyone.
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the insight, Cptr. Have to agree with the fatal flaw. To me, the OP's post seemed like circular logic even as it verified if one didn't think abortion equaled murder, one was free to choose it without qualms. What I didn't get, and still don't, is the "moral duty". Who demanded this duty anyway? Not the gov't.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319309 Dec 27, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
When mistakes happen the woman should not be forced to have a child she can not afford to raise.
Being poor is not a reason to kill an unborn child.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319310 Dec 27, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mass of tissue have the ability to communicate what they want. NO!! The parents make all decisions for their chasten born and unborn until they at 18. Law much!!
Good decisions hopefully not death sentences.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319311 Dec 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
A "Godless society"? Perhaps, but just because you believe in God does not mean everyone in society must also have the same beliefs, or follow the rules of those beliefs.
Many people who don't believe in a god are good and decent people, just as many believers of a god are uncaring bastards.
I am a "Godless" atheist and I wouldn't get an abortion but I support other people's right to choose for themselves.
Not believing in a God does not automatically make someone a bad/evil person, just like believing in God does not automatically make someone a good person.
This may all be true but only a godless person would think it is okay for a child of God's to be killed.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319312 Dec 27, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> What good (other than instant gratification) does sex outside of marriage bring other than the risk of pregnancy,std's,or being used by some man or woman who want your body but not *you*. Sex is a very intimate act that bonds the man and woman. Does it seem like a good thing to bond two people who are don't love the other enough to spend their life with them in Holy Matrimony? Look at the situation after a woman or young girl ends up pregnant. The guy suddenly doesn't want anything to do with her. SHE ends up alone,vulnerable and desperate. What does that tell you? He used her for sex. Then you get the girl who gets pregnant and feels that she doesn't want this guy fathering her child or having ties to her. What does THAT tell you? Sounds to me like they weren't really "loving" each other,but merely used each other. The girl ends up desperately aborting her child OR ending up alone with her "fatherless" or "half-assed father version" child. 1-4 teens end up with an STD.
Don't know why you have a problem with these so-called "bible thumpers preaching about no sex before marriage". Sounds sane to me.
It is sane and prevents a lot of heartache.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#319314 Dec 27, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> What's wrong with abortion that *you wouldn't get an abortion"?
Nothing. I don't think there's anything "wrong" with jumping out of an airplane with a parachute, but I don't want to do that either.

Now, would you like to discuss the part of my post where I mentioned that other women should be able to make their own choices, or does that idea appall you so much?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#319315 Dec 27, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> There are moms that kill their born children INSTEAD of offering them to someone to raise. They actually think that the child is better off dead. A man threw his 3 yr old off a 52 story(?)building and then jumped after his visitation. They obviously felt that their decision was sane and moral.
You and I shouldn't judge them because we disagree,correct? I mean,who are WE to tell them that what they decided to do,was wrong.
Next....
assyjm wrote..." There are moms that kill their born children INSTEAD of offering them to someone to raise."

????

"...offering them to someone else..."?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319316 Dec 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing. I don't think there's anything "wrong" with jumping out of an airplane with a parachute, but I don't want to do that either.
Now, would you like to discuss the part of my post where I mentioned that other women should be able to make their own choices, or does that idea appall you so much?
I think you would be afraid to jump out of a plane. There is always a reason that we do something or we don't.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#319317 Dec 27, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I shouldn't have any choice either way what another person chooses to do with their body. I'm not out there with a sign saying yay get an abortion I'm saying worry about yourself and stop telling others what to do. It's none of your business. It's not your body, pregnancy or life so butt out.
I asked you a specific question (perhaps you missed it?).

Do you support elective abortions (NO restrictions) up until the 9th month.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,405,098
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 256,049
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Trojan 32,308
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Wed IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web