Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,939)

Showing posts 298,761 - 298,780 of304,939
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Which dictionary?
I mean that modern Pagans use the term differently these days. As the other poster pointed out, all Heathens are Pagan, but not all Pagans are Heathens. If you don't understand what "these days" means, I really can't help you.
Still, it doesn't matter. The point was that you meant it to be insulting, and failed, while hypocritically whining that I'd called you names.
Well I guess that it is the same thing as when I am called a 'fundie' which is derogatory and inaccurate. All Christian fundamentalists are indeed Christian but not all Christians are fundamentalists. I guess we will both have to deal with the misconceptions.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I guess that it is the same thing as when I am called a 'fundie' which is derogatory and inaccurate. All Christian fundamentalists are indeed Christian but not all Christians are fundamentalists. I guess we will both have to deal with the misconceptions.
Heathen is not derogatory.

You were just attempting to be insulting (and the fact that you think it is derogatory proves this). As I said, you failed.

The point is that you were whining about being called names all the while trying to be insulting. You're a hypocrite.

It's actually rather amusing to watch.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Heathen is not derogatory.
You were just attempting to be insulting (and the fact that you think it is derogatory proves this). As I said, you failed.
The point is that you were whining about being called names all the while trying to be insulting. You're a hypocrite.
It's actually rather amusing to watch.
I didn't say it was derogatory, I think it was Playa who complained of my use of the word.

I said fundie was derogatory and I was told that it wasn't. That it was insulting only because I thought it was. So same to you, it is insulting only if 'you' think so.

Deal with it.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
If they have, it shouldn't be hard to name names, right?
Go ahead.....I'll wait.
Ever heard of Richard Dawkins for one?

"An overwhelming majority of the scientific community accepts evolution as the dominant scientific theory of biological diversity.[1][2] Nearly every scientific society, representing hundreds of thousands of scientists, has issued statements rejecting intelligent design[2] and a petition supporting the teaching of evolutionary biology was endorsed by 72 US Nobel Prize winners.[3] Additionally, US courts have ruled in favor of teaching evolution in science classrooms, and against teaching creationism, in numerous cases such as Edwards v. Aguillard, Hendren v. Campbell, McLean v. Arkansas and Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District."

"The vast majority of the scientific community and academia supports evolutionary theory as the only explanation that can fully account for observations in the fields of biology, paleontology, molecular biology, genetics, anthropology, and others.[19][20][21][22][23] One 1987 estimate found that "700 scientists ...(out of a total of 480,000 U.S. earth and life scientists)... give credence to creation-science".[24] An expert in the evolution-creationism controversy, professor and author Brian Alters, states that "99.9 percent of scientists accept evolution".[25] A 1991 Gallup poll found that about 5% of American scientists (including those with training outside biology) identified themselves as creationists.[26][27]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support...

You can find the names of 410,000 scientists I guess, if you have the time and need a comprehensive list.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say it was derogatory, I think it was Playa who complained of my use of the word.
I said fundie was derogatory and I was told that it wasn't. That it was insulting only because I thought it was. So same to you, it is insulting only if 'you' think so.
Deal with it.
YOU compared it to being called a derogatory name. Own it.

How many times do I have to tell you I wasn't insulted before it sinks in, Witless?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever heard of Richard Dawkins for one?
"An overwhelming majority of the scientific community accepts evolution as the dominant scientific theory of biological diversity.[1][2] Nearly every scientific society, representing hundreds of thousands of scientists, has issued statements rejecting intelligent design[2] and a petition supporting the teaching of evolutionary biology was endorsed by 72 US Nobel Prize winners.[3] Additionally, US courts have ruled in favor of teaching evolution in science classrooms, and against teaching creationism, in numerous cases such as Edwards v. Aguillard, Hendren v. Campbell, McLean v. Arkansas and Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District."
"The vast majority of the scientific community and academia supports evolutionary theory as the only explanation that can fully account for observations in the fields of biology, paleontology, molecular biology, genetics, anthropology, and others.[19][20][21][22][23] One 1987 estimate found that "700 scientists ...(out of a total of 480,000 U.S. earth and life scientists)... give credence to creation-science".[24] An expert in the evolution-creationism controversy, professor and author Brian Alters, states that "99.9 percent of scientists accept evolution".[25] A 1991 Gallup poll found that about 5% of American scientists (including those with training outside biology) identified themselves as creationists.[26][27]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support...
You can find the names of 410,000 scientists I guess, if you have the time and need a comprehensive list.
Well, that was an epic fail.

I asked for a name of a scientist who was "progressive", and "liberal", and "atheistic", who ALSO made those exact statements you've tried to claim for all science. Nowhere in all of that did Dawkins say that man evolved from apes, or that the universe spontaneously came from nothing. Nowhere.

I did NOT ask for names of scientists who support the theory of evolution.

Again, the ONLY thing you've proven is that YOU don't understand what the theories actually SAY.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that was an epic fail.
I asked for a name of a scientist who was "progressive", and "liberal", and "atheistic", who ALSO made those exact statements you've tried to claim for all science. Nowhere in all of that did Dawkins say that man evolved from apes, or that the universe spontaneously came from nothing. Nowhere.
I did NOT ask for names of scientists who support the theory of evolution.
Again, the ONLY thing you've proven is that YOU don't understand what the theories actually SAY.
You don't make any sense. None of your statements seem to collectively have a point. They seem to be just a jumbled pile of random sentences, flimsy objections really, even objecting to each other. I don't think you pay much attention to your own posts, frankly, much less others.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't make any sense. None of your statements seem to collectively have a point. They seem to be just a jumbled pile of random sentences, flimsy objections really, even objecting to each other. I don't think you pay much attention to your own posts, frankly, much less others.
Just because you can't follow along, even with YOUR own posts, doesn't mean mine don't make sense.

Let's recap.

A claim was made that "science" says we evolved from apes, and that the Universe suddenly came about from nothing.

I said that no, "science" does NOT say that, and that claim only shows that you don't understand what the theory of evolution or the Big Bang Theory actually is.

YOU then tried to claim that "progressive" "liberal" "atheistic" scientists say that we evolved from apes and that the universe suddenly came about from nothing.

I asked for specific names.

YOU gave me Dawkins, who is a scientist, who is an Atheist, who may or may not be "progressive" and "liberal", but who did NOT say that we evolved from apes, or that the universe suddenly came about from nothing.

You failed.

Is it clear now? Or do you need it in smaller words?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
She is a waste of time. I have tried to engage her in conversation that would take some thought on her part and sadly, it isn't possible. Maybe she drinks, I really don't know what is wrong with her but I think she is getting worse.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

No, she was TOLD she was going to bear a child. A child your god was too lazy to raise or support himself. Yahweh, the deadbeat deity. Frankly, having sex isn't as bad as getting knocked up.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
She consented to become the Mother of God, not to have sex.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

All she did was get pregnant. Whoop-de-do!
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear bHitler,
You took your mother's Rosary from her dead, cold hands while she was lying in her coffin. You wanted to save her Rosary as a remembrance of her.
How many times your mother must have honored Mary while praying her Rosary.
Yet, here you are saying Jesus' mother was raped.
You're a sick, pathetic excuse for a 'woman'.
^^^ A 'feminist' who puts down the greatest woman who ever lived. And promotes killing baby females in utero. bHitler wishes Mary would've aborted baby Jesus. It's how she rolls.^^^

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Oh, the usual...The constitution, women's rights, respect for their autonomy....
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured they were. I believe that bhitler probably has had an abortion and doesn't believe God could forgive her and can't forgive herself, yet feels "judged" by others. I'm not sure what playa and cpeter's stories are.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

No scientists say man evolved from apes. We and apes have a common ancestor.

There is no proof ANY deity ever existed.

The universe CONTINUES to grow and change. It's not a thing; it's a process.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly what "progressive" liberal atheistic scientists are saying: that we evolved from apes.
And that there is no God and the universe banged into existance all of a sudden.
Ask cpete.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Why is this thread even still going. Abortion rights have been law for years and not going away. Religious views will never be put over a humans rights. If you don't believe in abortion then don't have one. Don't tell others what they should believe and or do. Typical Religious people trying to impose their views on others. Your faith should be enough for you don't judge others. Isn't judging others a sin??
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
All she did was get pregnant. Whoop-de-do!
<quoted text>
No cases of backdoor cPeters conceiving anything but a bowel movement.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Playa, bHitler and cPeter are all EX-Catholics.
Nothing worse than an EX-Catholic.
Don't know about the rest of those folks, but I'm an ex-Methodist....
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Just Sayin: "You don't make any sense. None of your statements seem to collectively have a point. They seem to be just a jumbled pile of random sentences, flimsy objections really, even objecting to each other. I don't think you pay much attention to your own posts, frankly, much less others."
_______

You figured bHitler out quickly. Has she called you a liar yet? That is her staple retort to anything she doesn't like, but can't logically contest. She's dumber than a box containing a mix of Margaret Sanger's and Gloria Steinam's underarm hair.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
Why is this thread even still going. Abortion rights have been law for years and not going away. Religious views will never be put over a humans rights. If you don't believe in abortion then don't have one. Don't tell others what they should believe and or do. Typical Religious people trying to impose their views on others. Your faith should be enough for you don't judge others. Isn't judging others a sin??
Psssst......the tide is turning. The annual abortion numbers are decreasing.

4-D ultrasound, in utero surgical procedures, DNA analysis results stating a unique/distinct human being exists in the womb, etc. are garnering sympathy for the little ones.

SCOTUS outlawed partial-birth abortion. Have you noticed all the state restrictions passing?

Read more. You made an ass out of yourself.

TIA.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

It's always chaotic when you try to make rules using religion.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it'd be hard, for sure. Unless we all get to be our own gods and make up all our own rules. But I think even the most militant atheist would see that would result in a mess.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>Psssst......the tide is turning. The annual abortion numbers are decreasing.

4-D ultrasound, in utero surgical procedures, DNA analysis results stating a unique/distinct human being exists in the womb, etc. are garnering sympathy for the little ones.

SCOTUS outlawed partial-birth abortion. Have you noticed all the state restrictions passing?

Read more. You made an ass out of yourself.

TIA.
Not at all. Abortion is still legal. Why do you feel the have the right to impose your views on others. If you don't want to have an abortion then don't. Let others make their own choices.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 298,761 - 298,780 of304,939
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••