Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309857 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Bless the Child

Phillipsburg, NJ

#319162 Dec 25, 2013
I had a very joyous Christmas. I hope all did as well.

"Behold born to you this day is a
savior and he shall be the Light of the world and free us all from eternal damnation.

May we all live a life of love and blessings through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#319163 Dec 25, 2013
I wanted to wish you ALL a Merry Christmas, and if you don't celebrate Christmas, have a great Winter Holiday, and a spectacular New Year!
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#319164 Dec 26, 2013
War presidents are the essence of confusion in these new times, because the world is exploded with vast masses of population that could wage as massive insurgents and rebels which might cost too many lives of and paralyze troops

When cold war is over, that means there is no more tension between communism and democracy.
It also means it is not the time anymore to define or think which is more beautiful or evil related to democracy or communism, because the difference has been melted away in the meaning.
Unless there are still radicals who go along and believe what Bush said regarding WMD and Iraq, this is a new world moving on to the new future when cold war is over.
If one does not believe what Bush said as he was a liar, why would one believe what he said about North Korea and Iran and Cuba?
Seriously speaking, no one expects to see that Iran or North Korea could use nukes to hit the west in one's lifetime, other than like British Tony Blair saying Saddam would assemble WMD in silos and flew them to UK, in previous Iraq gambit.
Just which is more elegant, as a relative value judgment, democracy or communism when west has no more such freedom anymore but many innocents in jails? Since people perhaps don't expect to live in NK, Iran, Cuba, but why still propel against them like in the old days of cold war?
In the west, areas are doing badly are that freedom liberty, free expressions and so on matters are eroding while police are volatile. There are a lot of victims and innocents being abused by police and no justice comes about within the system. There are more people in jails and innocents convicted than those put in prisons, in NK, Iran and Cuba--this is in no way to say communism is all that good either, but just to make facts straight to look at.
Perhaps you might not have experienced that, but a lot of people do have such sufferings of suffering from injustice and being abused. You say you don't care because it is not you.
But what sort of society is that if people are randomly abused, you are there to pump up against communism about NK ,Iran? That will cause more tensions and conflicts with these countries.
To proceed the furthering of the dictated situations by using the wrongdoer, the evil liar Bush's gimmicks about NK, Iran , could lead to wars and might end up worsening by wasting soldiers' lives and having very bad ends.
US has charged at least 900 people under Patriot Act.
More likely, PRISM might spy AND HACK ON YOU .
YOUR CELLPHONE CONVERSATIONS , emails ARE MOST LIKELY tapped by NSA. You are facing all these problematic troubles with lots of lairs to you in the west.
At least 60 % of cellphone conversations in North America, western Europe have been collected in the database by NSA..
North Korea, Iran and Cuba have not and would not hack on you to downgrade your free speech on the Internet and elsewhere, and mess your freedom rights privacy and come to the west to steal and rob.
Only ill people will say they will have nukes (as NK already has) to hit the west.
BY the inclination based on true facts known from the past, if US would not make war and use anymore those atomic bombs alike nuke bombs, the world is fine to look forward to see that instead.
SO HEAVY WEAPONS IN US HANDS ARE PROVEN VERY DANGEROUS.
The many problems that people are facing are such terrible situations at the present time that they should be concerned in, but not NK, Iran and Cuba.
The new world needs to be co-existent PEACEFULLY with NO MORE CHAOS BY USING RADICALISM TO counter COMMUNISM when cold war is over, AS their communism won't be you.
But so far, is there anything new, other than the habitual coming up with neo-McCathyism and neo-Nazism and many are still buried in the ongoing belief of their mentor Bush's saying , on NK, Iran and Cuba?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#319165 Dec 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.
I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE HERE WITH THE LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST, TO WHOM BE THE GLORY FOR EVER AND EVER AMEN :):):):):)
TO those who know, or are known by God, may He continue to bless and keep you. To those who know Not God, or known Not by God -He has blessed you , and kept you from many things that you know not of.
Through All the pain and heartache we have all seen and went/go/going though, He is still faithful and more worthy if our praise, than even the greatest of Godly folks know.
He's only one sincere, humble prayer away from being your Heavenly Father, and the redemption of your soul for ever and ever amen.
For many years I either believed Not, or simply cared not if God was real.
After spending only a few momments with this God over 12 years ago , and many momments since, for me to say God wasn't real now, would require me to lie to myself , at the deepest level of my core being. Which I cannot do, since not only did God save my soul, but also changed my core being, and my complete outlook on life.
I beg of you to atleast consider this God that I and so many know and love as the creator of all things. It all didn't just happen as many would say, but it is a choice each individual must decide. You're the only one that can make that choice, no matter your age or your upbringing.
I'm far from a perfect man, and have absolutely nothing to brag about as far as I am concerned, but only ONLY can I brag on the precious blood of Christ for the saving, and the keeping of my soul forever and ever amen. So again-
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL!!!!!!!
AMEN. OMAINE

And agree ..very well.said

Hope,everyone had a great time,with family.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

#319166 Dec 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN. OMAINE
And agree ..very well.said
Hope,everyone had a great time,with family.
You don't see many proaborts celebrating Jesus' birth. After all, they are in the business of preventing Birthdays through killing.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

#319167 Dec 26, 2013
Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I return the sentiment, swapping out atheist with whatever word is appropriate for you.
Johnny? Have you informed your daughter yet that you support and promote killing baby girls in the womb?

From hero to POS in record time.
________

"It's A Girl!"
www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#319168 Dec 26, 2013
Christianity is based on statutory rape.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't see many proaborts celebrating Jesus' birth. After all, they are in the business of preventing Birthdays through killing.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#319169 Dec 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Christianity is based on statutory rape.
<quoted text>
Untrue. Mary consented.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319170 Dec 26, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Untrue. Mary consented.
That's the NATURE of statutory rape. The young girl gives consent, but it's considered rape nonetheless.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#319171 Dec 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt1tm09BpC1...
Such the adoring mother....
Oh, yeah....that's a depiction of Mary: the mother of God.....
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#319172 Dec 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the NATURE of statutory rape. The young girl gives consent, but it's considered rape nonetheless.
She consented to become the Mother of God, not to have sex.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#319173 Dec 26, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a fairy story either way.

Next....

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319174 Dec 26, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
A point you should have made before, if that's what you were getting at, when the subject of statutory rape first came up.

I'm merely pointing out that consent does NOT mean it's not statutory rape.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#319175 Dec 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It's a fairy story either way.
Next....
It may be a fairy story to you, but it's not to others. Some people believe that the real fairy story is this universe coming into existance without a Maker all by itself and out of nothing for some random reason and unknowable process.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#319176 Dec 26, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Playa, bHitler and cPeter are all EX-Catholics.

Nothing worse than an EX-Catholic.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#319177 Dec 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>

Dear bHitler,

You took your mother's Rosary from her dead, cold hands while she was lying in her coffin. You wanted to save her Rosary as a remembrance of her.

How many times your mother must have honored Mary while praying her Rosary.

Yet, here you are saying Jesus' mother was raped.

You're a sick, pathetic excuse for a 'woman'.

^^^ A 'feminist' who puts down the greatest woman who ever lived. And promotes killing baby females in utero. bHitler wishes Mary would've aborted baby Jesus. It's how she rolls.^^^
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#319178 Dec 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured they were. I believe that bhitler probably has had an abortion and doesn't believe God could forgive her and can't forgive herself, yet feels "judged" by others. I'm not sure what playa and cpeter's stories are.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319179 Dec 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear bHitler,
You took your mother's Rosary from her dead, cold hands while she was lying in her coffin. You wanted to save her Rosary as a remembrance of her.
How many times your mother must have honored Mary while praying her Rosary.
Yet, here you are saying Jesus' mother was raped.
You're a sick, pathetic excuse for a 'woman'.
^^^ A 'feminist' who puts down the greatest woman who ever lived. And promotes killing baby females in utero. bHitler wishes Mary would've aborted baby Jesus. It's how she rolls.^^^
LOL, you're lying again.

I said nothing about Mary being raped. I corrected the other poster who was implying that consent negates statutory rape.

I don't promote killing babies, which are born, by the way. I don't even promote killing embryos or fetuses.

You are a lying sack of sh*t, that's all.

As for my mother's rosary, I notice you dishonestly left off the part about me giving her MY rosary to replace hers. It's a family tradition, along with placing pictures in the casket. She did the same with HER mother's rosary. Deal with it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319180 Dec 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, sure there is. There is, for example, people like YOU, who pretend to be Christian, but aren't really.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#319181 Dec 26, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It may be a fairy story to you, but it's not to others. Some people believe that the real fairy story is this universe coming into existance without a Maker all by itself and out of nothing for some random reason and unknowable process.
That random happening is hard for me to buy into. Science can determine 'how 'the world was created but not 'why'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Bluestater 1,232,311
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Uncle Sam 239,053
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Earthling-1 5,561
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Hector Valente 201,809
Seeking financial and lending help or assistanc... (Jan '13) Fri Olsen Pole 4
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri tom wingo 29,760
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) May 17 tom wingo 84
More from around the web