Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310968 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Levittown, PA

#319019 Dec 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, but we both know she won't read it...which is why I posted part of another article on the subject...which she dismissed out of hand, as it proved MY point rather than hers.
*shrug*
My point was that the Robertsons would lose nothing over Phil's comments and so far they haven't. A&E continues to run the program, even having a marathon of shows. The next season with Phil will also be aired. If A&E was so concerned about gays, they would have pulled everything off the air. So what was 'your' point?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#319020 Dec 23, 2013
Hot wrote:
How many of those opposed to abortion have adopted the "unwanted" children" that they are trying to defend?
I don't condone abortion but no one has a right to say what someone can or cannot do with or to their own body.
Again, how many of those that oppose abortion actually do ANYTHING for the children left unwanted in homes, living on the streets and with abusive parents?
Didn't think so.
I guess that would be up to you to come up with numbers and statistics.

The first number would be the adoptions done in the country each year. That would answer the first question.

The second number you need would be how many neglected children were unwanted at the time of their birth and why weren't they put up for adoption?

The third answer you need is how many would be parents are waiting to adopt right now and how many have given up and adopted a foreign child?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319021 Dec 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, she was 14 weeks pregnant when this happened. It appears that her wishes were to have a child. She did not seek an abortion. I, personally would not want to be on life support but if I was pregnant and my child could be saved, I would change my mind and live as long as needed. That's what moms do.
This issue isn't, and should, be about abortion. But that won't stop you wretched people from USING this poor family's situation to whine about abortion, will it?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#319022 Dec 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
This issue isn't, and should, be about abortion. But that won't stop you wretched people from USING this poor family's situation to whine about abortion, will it?
No it isn't about abortion but the woman is pregnant with a live child who will die if she does. Why lose two lives.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319023 Dec 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't about abortion but the woman is pregnant with a live child who will die if she does. Why lose two lives.
Why ask me? It's not my business. It's the husband's business.

Still, this has nothing to do with the fact that YOU people are using her to debate abortion when it has nothing to DO with abortion?
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#319025 Dec 23, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that homo sapiens should be required physically to be life support systems for another against their will? I noticed your name is Michael, I am going to assume you are male.
Here is an actual scenario that took place:
A divorced couple had a son who needed a bone marrow transplant. His father was a match. His father refused the procedure, the son died. Should the father have been required by law to be the donor ? Handcuffed and taken to the hospital all against his will?
Yes or no?
Not much of a father. Imo
If my child needed a heart transplant and I could do it. I would do it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319026 Dec 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not the question.
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#319027 Dec 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Hi Everyone..
May the Peace and Joy ,And Joy of this Season touch each heart and Home of every one here .
May the ONE , Jesus Christ, whose birth we Christians commemorate at
The Christmas SEASON.....be with you all..
Enjoy your families ..God watch over you all and make His,Face to shine on you AND GIVE YOU PEACE ..No matter what your belief ....
Amen in Jesus name .
Kisses and hugs to all and most especially the CHILDREN.
Thanks rose. Nice to be reminded how we are all humans :)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#319028 Dec 23, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
So the Lt Gov`s job includes being an agent? Since when?
<quoted text>
Since he decided it was part of his job description, I guess...you'd have to ask him.
:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#319029 Dec 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the woman specifically stated she did NOT wish heroic measures to prolong her 'life', if she became brain dead. How stupid are you, really?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#319030 Dec 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that the Robertsons would lose nothing over Phil's comments and so far they haven't. A&E continues to run the program, even having a marathon of shows. The next season with Phil will also be aired. If A&E was so concerned about gays, they would have pulled everything off the air. So what was 'your' point?
Your assertion was that A&E "wouldn't kill their golden goose."

My assertion was they already have. The family is leaving the network.

Nice try, but you fail again.

Next...
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#319031 Dec 23, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I agree in terms of most companies, but show business is more dependant on public opinion than most other industries. The network has a right to protect its brand, and every contract includes language to that effect. When he broke policy in a public appearance, they had every right to mitigate the damage.
<quoted text>
I understand peter , but have you been at any stores lately? Duck stuff is everywhere. Gay stuff? Not so much.

[email protected] had every right to fire the man, but they may be wishing they hadn't. I'm not a fan, since i've not seen much dd but even I can see how popular they are.
They even have a chia pet of Phil for crying out loud! Lol
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#319032 Dec 23, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Right...either way, someone will be offended. But the network is unlikely to lose viewers of the show; the risk is losing the gay audience for other shows by siding AGAINST ITS OWN POLICIES concerning homophobic speech.
<quoted text>
I don't see it as homophobic no more than being. Against adultery, as adulteryphobic. Phil and all real Christians love gay people as they do all other sinners.

I love all sinners and hate my own sin.
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#319033 Dec 23, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Not all christians believe as he does, so his speech becomes nothing but an opiniong degrading gays. And the network enforced its policy.
<quoted text>
Wrong cp. All Christians do believe Gods word.
You're confusing religious folks with true Christians. Happens all the time .

When people see a priest, they automaticly think man of God.
He may be, but he may not be as well.
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#319034 Dec 23, 2013
Skankville wrote:
Christers are nothing but hate mongering hypocrits!!!!!
You are all useless!!!!
You all deserve to burn in your hell b a s t a r d s!!!!!
You're wrong.
Yet I agree with your last statement.
Thank God I won't get what I deserve. I get what Gods Son deserves.
Offer is opened to you as well as all.
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#319035 Dec 23, 2013
Janet fatass Willet wrote:
Might as well use your bible pages for ax wipe paper for all it's worth cuz christers are such ax hole hypocrites!!
Perhaps , but the difference is that we realized it and fell upon the ROCK and was broken. Those like you have yet to realize how rotten you are, and if you die that way the ROCK will fall in you, and grind you to powder.:(
Gtown71

Tampa, FL

#319036 Dec 23, 2013
Hot wrote:
How many of those opposed to abortion have adopted the "unwanted" children" that they are trying to defend?
I don't condone abortion but no one has a right to say what someone can or cannot do with or to their own body.
Again, how many of those that oppose abortion actually do ANYTHING for the children left unwanted in homes, living on the streets and with abusive parents?
Didn't think so.
Why not deploy your thinking on any unwanted kids. Just kill them.
Sounds logical now doesn't it?

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#319037 Dec 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not the question. Again...should he have been forced by law? Why avoid the question?

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#319038 Dec 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay stuff? Not so much.
You don't know much about the fashion industry, do you?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#319039 Dec 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Because the woman specifically stated she did NOT wish heroic measures to prolong her 'life', if she became brain dead. How stupid are you, really?
I think if she was any kind of a mother and it ppears she was, she wouldn't want to kill her chld unneccessarily. How come you can't understand th when circumstances change, so do your ideas. Her husband didn't say that she requested that a potential child die with her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Richard 254,895
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 8 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 9,544
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri Papi Chulo 32,247
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
News LA Tech's Tyler Summitt resigns because of inap... Apr 9 binaries 1
More from around the web