Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311358 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Havertown, PA

#319000 Dec 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
It's bad when you can't just have a normal debate without people name calling.
It would be nice.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#319001 Dec 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I ignore most links especially you tube. I love my cats. One in my lap right now.

Funny! You ignore most (objective) links while gravitating to those (subjective) sites which already bolster your ideals. You're definitely the poster child for the "ignorance is bliss" slogan, even as you claim I'm the one who's unrealistic.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#319002 Dec 23, 2013
American catholics usually don't follow the vatican slavishly.
Bitner wrote:
Goodness, imagine Catholics actually following the example of Jesus.
http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/on-our-r...
Hey, you extremist bigots on Topix, and you know who you are, here is your future.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319003 Dec 23, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is it relevant to, you? You, who wouldn't even know about it unless someone informed you? Let's see if your answer is any better than JM's was.
He or she is relevant to God.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319004 Dec 23, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny! You ignore most (objective) links while gravitating to those (subjective) sites which already bolster your ideals. You're definitely the poster child for the "ignorance is bliss" slogan, even as you claim I'm the one who's unrealistic.
Objective? About cats? What are you talking about?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#319005 Dec 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
http://www.eonline.com/news/49 2909/duck-dynasty-family-very- serious-about-leaving-the-show

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#319006 Dec 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows...after all, cats are irrelevant to God.

Next...
katie

Tacoma, WA

#319007 Dec 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"I ignore most links especially you tube." You just wrote that an hour ago. Forget already? It doesn't say you only ignore youtube videos about cats.

You do ignore most links provided by me and others. You know you do, you've admitted it before. Don't play dumb, Ink.

So again, the point stands. You admit you wish to remain ignorant. And, according to some, ignorance is bliss. You must be pretty happy over there.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#319008 Dec 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He or she is relevant to God.
Provide proof, please. Tangible proof, not bible passages about future prophets. Not every newborn is deemed a prophet prior to birth, you know? So that one doesn't hold up. Notably, nothing from the bible is going to hold up. So provide tangible proof using objective sources, not the subjective ones you usually use. Pretty please?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#319009 Dec 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
"...Sources told E! News that the Robertson family is "very close" to leaving the show after A&E suspended family patriarch Phil Robertson for anti-gay remarks he made in an interview with GQ. Louisiana, their home state, is offering a helping hand.

Louisiana's Lieutenant Governor Jay Dardenne is offering to help the Robertson family connect with new producers if they cannot reach an agreement with A&E network in order to help keep the state's tourism up, per USA Today.

"Regardless of one's views on Phil Robertson's statements, Duck Dynasty has been an important representation of the state of Louisiana, inspiring prospective visitors and investors since its debut," Dardenne said in an e-mail statement."

So A&E has basically ALREADY killed their 'golden goose', since not only has the show (with Phil's performances intact) been filmed and will air next season, but the family is done with the network.

Try again?
katie

Tacoma, WA

#319010 Dec 23, 2013
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319011 Dec 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>"...Sources told E! News that the Robertson family is "very close" to leaving the show after A&E suspended family patriarch Phil Robertson for anti-gay remarks he made in an interview with GQ. Louisiana, their home state, is offering a helping hand.
Louisiana's Lieutenant Governor Jay Dardenne is offering to help the Robertson family connect with new producers if they cannot reach an agreement with A&E network in order to help keep the state's tourism up, per USA Today.
"Regardless of one's views on Phil Robertson's statements, Duck Dynasty has been an important representation of the state of Louisiana, inspiring prospective visitors and investors since its debut," Dardenne said in an e-mail statement."
So A&E has basically ALREADY killed their 'golden goose', since not only has the show (with Phil's performances intact) been filmed and will air next season, but the family is done with the network.
Try again?
They haven't left the show.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319012 Dec 23, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide proof, please. Tangible proof, not bible passages about future prophets. Not every newborn is deemed a prophet prior to birth, you know? So that one doesn't hold up. Notably, nothing from the bible is going to hold up. So provide tangible proof using objective sources, not the subjective ones you usually use. Pretty please?
You asked me who the child was relevant to and I answered as I see it. What would be the point of being here if we weren't relevant? I am sorry that you don't think you are relevant now or before birth but I do.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#319013 Dec 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked me who the child was relevant to and I answered as I see it. What would be the point of being here if we weren't relevant? I am sorry that you don't think you are relevant now or before birth but I do.
Death of the embryo/fetus during abortion, whether spontaneous or induced, is relevant to the woman carrying it and those close to her.

Neither you nor JM got this one right.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319014 Dec 23, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Death of the embryo/fetus during abortion, whether spontaneous or induced, is relevant to the woman carrying it and those close to her.
Neither you nor JM got this one right.
I am afraid that it is you who doesn't get the big picture.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#319015 Dec 23, 2013
katie wrote:
Thanks, but we both know she won't read it...which is why I posted part of another article on the subject...which she dismissed out of hand, as it proved MY point rather than hers.

*shrug*
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319016 Dec 23, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"I ignore most links especially you tube." You just wrote that an hour ago. Forget already? It doesn't say you only ignore youtube videos about cats.
You do ignore most links provided by me and others. You know you do, you've admitted it before. Don't play dumb, Ink.
So again, the point stands. You admit you wish to remain ignorant. And, according to some, ignorance is bliss. You must be pretty happy over there.
This particular point was about cats and I didn't watch the video and that seems to make some of you mad.
Hot

New Enterprise, PA

#319017 Dec 23, 2013
How many of those opposed to abortion have adopted the "unwanted" children" that they are trying to defend?

I don't condone abortion but no one has a right to say what someone can or cannot do with or to their own body.

Again, how many of those that oppose abortion actually do ANYTHING for the children left unwanted in homes, living on the streets and with abusive parents?

Didn't think so.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#319018 Dec 23, 2013
So the Lt Gov`s job includes being an agent? Since when?
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>"...Sources told E! News that the Robertson family is "very close" to leaving the show after A&E suspended family patriarch Phil Robertson for anti-gay remarks he made in an interview with GQ. Louisiana, their home state, is offering a helping hand.
Try again?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319019 Dec 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, but we both know she won't read it...which is why I posted part of another article on the subject...which she dismissed out of hand, as it proved MY point rather than hers.
*shrug*
My point was that the Robertsons would lose nothing over Phil's comments and so far they haven't. A&E continues to run the program, even having a marathon of shows. The next season with Phil will also be aired. If A&E was so concerned about gays, they would have pulled everything off the air. So what was 'your' point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min cathy1691823 1,396,175
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 33 min litesong 9,878
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr thetruth 255,523
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon Barbi A 201,865
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jun 27 Trojan 32,289
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web