Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312860 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#318973 Dec 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just plain stupid. Of course the object is to kill the baby so that you won't be pregnant until the next accident.
How do you know this?
You really have a very low opinion of women in general.
Sad.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#318974 Dec 22, 2013
Great. I believe the majority of bible believers are deluded morons who are incapable of rational thought. So how great I can't be accused of spreading hate.

BTW...many christians don't take the bible literally, and many only care about the words of christ...who said nothing against gays or abortion.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Any bible believer does(and not just Christians). It is clear. God loves the sinner,not the sin. It's not degrading to gays to speak about your beliefs. God also has much to say about other sins too. It's not the desire but the actions that we are judged on. I could "feel"like sinning and even be tempted like crazy and that is not a sin,but acting on it is.
You are taking this personally. Understandably of course. But I think that projecting hate from bible believing people or those who stand firm in their beliefs,is on you and not reality.
Just sayin..

Indianapolis

#318975 Dec 22, 2013
No, she was declared brain dead...that's the basis of the suit.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> The woman is in a coma. NOTHING is said about her being brain dead or dying. In other words,she may awaken. Even if she doesn't,why does her developing child have to be given a death? Where did that article say that this child "may be" a "severly stricken or still born child"?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#318976 Dec 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there John,
I would ask a couple of questions. Being a mother, who wouldn't want to be kept on life support for herself, I would indeed be willing to be kept alive for my child. Maybe she felt the same. I think most mothers would..
If you believe most women who face death during pregnancy, would allow their bodies to remain on life support, why do you advocate for those who WOULDN'T being forced to do so? Is that really in the best interests of the resulting child, who gets to live without a mother, knowing she was forced to let you use her body, and let go like so much detritus, once her 'purpose' was served?

You've probably never thought about it from the child's perspective, though....typical.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I also wonder why the father wants his child to die. My opinion from what I read is that he is concerned that there might be something wrong with the baby..
The father wants a smaller government, that isn't up his wife's vagina, pulling the strings on her otherwise lifeless corpse, against her SPECIFIC wishes. The father wants the personal sovereignty to be able to respect his wife's personal sovereignty. The father wants the freedom to act according to his own beliefs with respect to his wife, whether or not those beliefs are religious or secular, rather than being obligated to follow and support the beliefs of the legislature, in the case of his wife's final remains.

Oh yeah, I know what those things mean, Ink. I really doubt you've bothered to realize that in order for you to have those tea party ideals. you have to be willing to let EVERYONE have them....even when you personally disapprove of the actions stemming from those ideals.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suspect that their insurance from the state would pay.

Indianapolis

#318977 Dec 22, 2013
Fetuses aren't cute, and neither are the people obsessed by them.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Cat are cute. People OBSSESSED with them,aren't.
Kthanks!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#318978 Dec 22, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
the circumstances of it's conception make it a "real" threat.
I've saved and bookmarked this for future reference.....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#318979 Dec 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply it is the show that keeps A&E alive. They won't kill the golden goose.
Oh bushwah. A&E has a ton of shows, and millions of viewers who don't ever watch that one.

It may be the most popular this year, but next year something else will take its place. I have serious doubts that the rest of the family is going to be down with continuing in his absence under the circumstances. It's not their golden goose....they have a world class business, remember???

If their show is 'cancelled', it will just be more free publicity for their duck calls. They'll be so busy in production, they won't have TIME to do a silly show.

Next...

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#318980 Dec 23, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> The woman is in a coma. NOTHING is said about her being brain dead or dying. In other words,she may awaken. Even if she doesn't,why does her developing child have to be given a death? Where did that article say that this child "may be" a "severly stricken or still born child"?
You didn't read the article did you?

Here is another one for you...maybe you can have someone read it to you:

A month later, against his requests, she is still on a ventilator. Not only does Munoz want to honor his wife's wishes, but also he believes that the fetus she is carrying has been seriously harmed. "I don't know how long she was there prior to me finding her," he said. Munoz, who could not be reached for comment, wrote on WFAA's Facebook page, "All I know is that she was without oxygen long enough for her to have massive brain swelling. I unfortunately know what that type of damage could do to a child during crucial developmental time." Doctors say it's likely that Munoz's wife suffered a pulmonary embolism, and no longer has brain activity.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/texas-father...

Why should a woman alive or DEAD be used as an incubator against her will??

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#318981 Dec 23, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, she was declared brain dead...that's the basis of the suit.
<quoted text>
She knows that she's dead wrong on this one. That's why she keeps arguing against things that aren't facts. Like accusing the husband, and us, of trying to "force an abortion", and that the woman is in a coma when the article clearly states she's brain dead.

Since: Jul 13

Kathmandu, Nepal

#318982 Dec 23, 2013
its seems interesting

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318983 Dec 23, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Fetuses aren't cute, and neither are the people obsessed by them.
<quoted text>
Obsessed? LOL, I post one video, to lighten the moment, and suddenly I'm "obsessed"?

What an idiot she is.

You know what the problem is, someone like her can't even admit that anyone on our side can post or say something worthwhile, otherwise they would have to admit that we're not all bad. She's invested in believing that we are evil people, living evil lifestyles, and anything (posting jokes, showing pics of a happy family, talking about our lives, or having civil conversations with posters on the other side) that shows we're not "evil" must be ignored or put down.

And Ink's been learning from that lying, bitter hag quite well. A cat person herself, she couldn't even bring herself to acknowledge the video or the conversation around it (just like many other things she can't seem to "see"). Shoot, that would have meant going against Stupid Sassy, wouldn't it, and then she would have been thrown under the bus.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#318984 Dec 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I also don't believe employers should have so much power, but the fact is that they do, and they always have. The difference now is that we have less privacy with the internet. More ways for them to find out what we say and do.
So true.
Thinking

Jeffersonville, IN

#318985 Dec 23, 2013
It's bad when you can't just have a normal debate without people name calling.
welcome

Pittsburgh, PA

#318986 Dec 23, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……Ban Sex

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318987 Dec 23, 2013
Goodness, imagine Catholics actually following the example of Jesus.

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/on-our-r...

Hey, you extremist bigots on Topix, and you know who you are, here is your future.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#318988 Dec 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this even mean?
For you and all!

&li st=PL098E5397A833CCF1

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318989 Dec 23, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
For you and all!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =t_KiHRHwaAsXX&list=PL098E 5397A833CCF1
Ah, love that one. Thanks :)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#318990 Dec 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, love that one. Thanks :)
I'd never heard it, but I loved it!! Teared up a little, actually....
:)
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#318991 Dec 23, 2013
Grown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The law of God condemns us all to Hell
The Grace of God Saves All who wish to believe the free gift of Grace.
Nope, more christard lies from you. The bible never uses the word Hel/hell.

Facts remain your enemy.

Indianapolis

#318992 Dec 23, 2013
They're fighting a lost battle; there's no reward forthcoming, and what began as a genuine protection of life has degenerated into an obsession with everyone's morality. And if THEY are obsessed, then in their minds, so is everyone else. What choice do they have, really? There can be no dissension in the ranks...and when they back up some of NR`s more vile posts, they've given up any pretense of morality.
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Obsessed? LOL, I post one video, to lighten the moment, and suddenly I'm "obsessed"?
What an idiot she is.
You know what the problem is, someone like her can't even admit that anyone on our side can post or say something worthwhile, otherwise they would have to admit that we're not all bad. She's invested in believing that we are evil people, living evil lifestyles, and anything (posting jokes, showing pics of a happy family, talking about our lives, or having civil conversations with posters on the other side) that shows we're not "evil" must be ignored or put down.
And Ink's been learning from that lying, bitter hag quite well. A cat person herself, she couldn't even bring herself to acknowledge the video or the conversation around it (just like many other things she can't seem to "see"). Shoot, that would have meant going against Stupid Sassy, wouldn't it, and then she would have been thrown under the bus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Earl 1,460,579
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr IB DaMann 258,050
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 20 hr Truth_Hurts01 32,621
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Dec 7 Go Blue Forever 59
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Dec 5 Yin 17
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,371
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web