Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309861 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#318728 Dec 18, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> And you're proud of this?
Well, since I didn't say it, I have no need to be either proud or ashamed of it.

Are YOU proud of the fact that you are a liar?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#318729 Dec 18, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> She "chose" this life prior to being born according to her Wiccan beliefs.
My life, which has nothing to do with the accusations of that nutjob.

Why do YOU choose to lie so much?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#318730 Dec 18, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Broken people are not "whole".
You don't get to decide who is 'broken'....we are perfectly capable of deciding that for ourselves.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody is trying to take anything from you
Then why are you so opposed to our retention of our rights to bodily autonomy, personal risk assessment, and self-defense.(Or do you deny that you have any of those rights?)
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>but you people are clearly in need of help if you think that fighting for the right to kill your child is normal.
Whose child have your ravings on Topix forums saved, dear?
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>It's barbaric and uncivilized.
Obligating women to gestate by law, is barbaric and uncivilized.

Next...
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#318731 Dec 18, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't get to decide who is 'broken'....we are perfectly capable of deciding that for ourselves.
<quoted text>Then why are you so opposed to our retention of our rights to bodily autonomy, personal risk assessment, and self-defense.(Or do you deny that you have any of those rights?)
<quoted text> Whose child have your ravings on Topix forums saved, dear?
<quoted text>Obligating women to gestate by law, is barbaric and uncivilized.
Next...
The american proaborts relentless endeavor to slaughter young people with abortion is tantamount to the german Nazis endeavor to slaughter jews. Yet unlike the nazis the baby killers of america have plenty of negroes to ensure their reign of terror and death reigns in this god forsaken fascist nation of tyranny and hypocrisy.

“Something's heavy on my heart”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#318732 Dec 18, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Instigator.
Not really. It was an appropriate question given that you responded to the wrong post.

But I see you corrected yourself and answered the correct one.

I must say however that your answer makes even less sense in response to the correct question. He asked you what the significance of the fetus was relative to the abortion issue.
You saying that the fetus is not equal to a born infant and that a fetus has no guarantee of being born does not answer that question at all.
So what significance does the fetus have relative to the abortion issue ? None ? A tiny bit ? A modest amount ? A lot ? And if it does have any, then explain what kind of significance it does have.
As it stands your answer clarified nothing.

Location hidden

#318733 Dec 18, 2013
Norm Chomsky wrote:
<quoted text> Seems her explanation covered even your querulous conundrum...
And no, she wasn't the source of your olfactory malaise....
NEXT...
And this birdbrain proceeds to explain why her inane explanation makes sense.

Can't make this stuff up...

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#318734 Dec 18, 2013
Norm Chaney wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. It was an appropriate question given that you responded to the wrong post.
I must say however that your answer makes even less sense in response to the correct question. He asked you what the significance of the fetus was relative to the abortion issue.
You saying that the fetus is not equal to a born infant and that a fetus has no guarantee of being born does not answer that question at all.
So what significance does the fetus have relative to the abortion issue ? None ? A tiny bit ? A modest amount ? A lot ? And if it does have any, then explain what kind of significance it does have.
How far along is the fetus in development? That may help in being able to maybe clarify.

I would think the more developed the fetus is, the more gray the issue becomes. IMO

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#318735 Dec 18, 2013
Norm Chaney wrote:
<quoted text>
She's not the one claiming a fetus HAS relevance in an abortion...

That would be you.

Defend your own premise, troll.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#318736 Dec 18, 2013
Norm Chaney wrote:
<quoted text>
And this birdbrain proceeds to explain why her inane explanation makes sense.
Can't make this stuff up...
You just did.

Way to disprove your own point.

Next...

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#318737 Dec 18, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You just did.
Next...
I like your avatar. It's cute! lol

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#318738 Dec 18, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I like your avatar. It's cute! lol
I like yours too...it's authentic.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#318739 Dec 19, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
The american proaborts relentless endeavor to slaughter young people with abortion is tantamount to the german Nazis endeavor to slaughter jews. Yet unlike the nazis the baby killers of america have plenty of negroes to ensure their reign of terror and death reigns in this god forsaken fascist nation of tyranny and hypocrisy.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OwvadrKhdrY/UghCGGe...

N..........ext.

Location hidden

#318740 Dec 19, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>How far along is the fetus in development? That may help in being able to maybe clarify.
I would think the more developed the fetus is, the more gray the issue becomes. IMO
Valid point. I think that's the type of answer the OP was looking for when he asked her opinion about what the significance of the fetus was relative to the abortion issue.

Location hidden

#318741 Dec 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>She's not the one claiming a fetus HAS relevance in an abortion...
If she doesn't think it has ANY then let her say that, stupe.
You see how that works ? Question asked......question answered. Absent the double talk.

[QUOTE}That would be you.[/QUOTE]

No I didn't.
Defend your own premise, troll.
RvW lays out their premise regarding the fetus's increased significance as it further develops.
And they defend it pretty clearly.

Location hidden

#318742 Dec 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You just did.
Next...
....and the birdbrain goes on to explain how her explanation about how another's claim that one can't really smell another's unwashed nether region through a computer monitor makes sense...

Oh boy.....
katie

Federal Way, WA

#318743 Dec 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Clear what up? My contention that an embryo/fetus does not equal a newborn? Or that until a healthy delivery, embryo/fetus has no guarantee to become a newborn? Or ... Wait! What about this one? If it's not my embryo/fetus, it's not my business.
We clear now?
==========
Okay, that's what I was replying to. When reading the forum, I realized I must've clicked on the wrong post when hitting reply. My mistake. The post above with the same response from me was out of whack. Sorry.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Norm Chaney wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha Ha! "...the significance of the fetus was relative to the abortion issue..." According to NR (NO RELATIVISM) and others, there is nothing relative to anything by anything ever!

But you wanna know what I think of the fetus compared to ending the pregnancy (fetus relative to abortion)? My answer makes no sense? Well here, let me spell it out for you.

1) My contention that an embryo/fetus does not equal a newborn?

"In Roe v. Wade the Court said that a fetus is not a person but "potential life", and thus does not have constitutional rights of its own."
http://www.secondlookproject.org/tslp_uslaw.h...

2) Or that until a healthy delivery, embryo/fetus has no guarantee to become a newborn?

"Stillbirth is defined as fetal death occurring during pregnancy at 20 weeks of gestation or later, in contrast to miscarriage, in which fetal death occurs before 20 weeks. In the United States, the annual incidence of stillbirth is 25,000, accounting for 60% of all perinatal mortality. The rate of early stillbirth (20 - 27 weeks) has stabilized since 1990 at approximately 3.2 per 1000 births, whereas the rate of late stillbirth (&#8805; 28 weeks) has decreased from 4.3 to 3.1 per 1000 births."
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/588889

3) If it's not my embryo/fetus, it's not my business.

"2."The Constitution does not explicitly mention any right of privacy," but the Court has found "at least the roots of that right" in the First, Fourth, Fifth, Ninth, and Fourteenth
Amendments, and in the penumbras of the Bill of Rights."
http://www.secondlookproject.org/tslp_uslaw.h...

Abortion is medically defined as pregnancy ending prior to term whether induced or spontaneous. The embryo/fetus's life in comparison to the woman/girl pregnant with it is completely lacking beyond development. The pregnant woman/girl is already born and breathing with civil rights established.*She* determines the outcome of her pregnancy; not the gov't, not the clergy, and not nosy parkers.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#318744 Dec 19, 2013
Except that it doesn't. The progression of strictures is based on the increased risks of the abortion procedure and the possibility of state's interest following viability. It does not mandate any state action at all, at any stage.
Norm Chaney wrote:
<quoted text>
If she doesn't think it has ANY then let her say that, stupe.
You see how that works ? Question asked......question answered. Absent the double talk.
<quoted text>
No I didn't.
<quoted text>
RvW lays out their premise regarding the fetus's increased significance as it further develops.
And they defend it pretty clearly.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#318746 Dec 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Post a link next time. The portion you quoted certainly didn't say the uterus was involved. And it could have come from anywhere. Given your propensity for lying, I don't know it WAS a Wiccan site.
I have explained the reincarnation issue as it is taught in my religious tradition, many times. You've just proven that you don't read, or really care to learn anything. So, why do you bother asking the questions?
The Spirit (you know, the part that is reincarnating) doesn't enter the body until first breath. That's AFTER birth. There is absolutely NO reason for it to enter before, since that embryo/fetus may be aborted, whether it's spontaneous or induced.
And, once again, PREGNANCIES are aborted, not the embryo/fetus. An abortion is the ending of the PREGNANCY, whether spontaneous or induced. It is accomplished by the REMOVAL/EXPULSION of the embryo/fetus.
So if you choose what breathing baby you jump into, I assume that is a last second decision as the child is being born. Does that mean that I could have given birth to a Wiccan baby and not know it?
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#318747 Dec 19, 2013
Putin: NSA surveillance needed to fight terrorism
5 hrs ago | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: SFGate
President Vladimir Putin said Thursday that the National Security Agency surveillance is necessary to fight terrorism, but added that the government needs to "limit the appetite" of the agency with a clear set of ground rules.

=====

The following will assess the above story:
Putin has granted pardon to some people, including the Pussy Riot Band , Greenpeace and so on, recently.
THE focus of US on targeting terrorists is confused with targeting on criminals, such as those of illegal substances possession, criminal gangs of illegal activities, and other crimes, etc.
But, US by collecting a large base of data by spying and hacking, simply isn't able to distinguish good people from illicit ones, to even have lots of accidents, to victimize and crank down the privacy of many innocent people'e freedom and liberty rights.
If US often gets the wrong people by having calling accidents by policing, it is really the hypocrisy of incompetence.
US people's rights of justice , civil liberty value, freedom of expression and speech, privacy rights, etc,.have been eroded during the time of late Reagan period when middle class was also going downhill since then.
Some people do not know facts--Russia has gay clubs while many countries don't have, such as China, Singapore, Korea, and so on.
IN other words, gays in Russia just run their lives to keep to their privacy.
The Russia today is totally misconstrued by some other people as they are unable to conceive the real facts.
Russia has many arts theaters, comedy, entertainment shows and many good modern design of work environment to fashion.
Many of those who are well off, dine very well and have good parties.
News media AND OUTLETS cannot be arbitrarily refused licensing.
If Putin does not like News media criticize him, he cannot do anything about it. He does not close news associations.
If he tries to use others to do something about them, it is up to others whether they can do so.
He has tied to shake hands with media to see they have opportunities to hear whether they would like him to say to people.
Unlike China and other countries, that is not the case.
China even tries to fish across the line to meddle the free news media in Hong Kong.
IN US, before and just after Iraq war just started by Bush, some radio talk shows and others were rid of by radical Bush associates, and people were fired.
During Nixon time, free news press and other media were suppressed.
Where are facts of truths?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#318748 Dec 19, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I already escaped catholicism.

<quoted text>
I knew you escaped from somewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 23 min USAsince1680 1,232,532
News Festus Ezeli and the long, strange trip to the NBA 54 min Pope Out To Pasture 1
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr litesong 5,566
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Eagle 12 239,082
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Hector Valente 201,809
Seeking financial and lending help or assistanc... (Jan '13) Fri Olsen Pole 4
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) May 22 tom wingo 29,760
More from around the web