Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 315165 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#318460 Dec 15, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Ya, okay point them out, but be realistic when doing so. I hate reading it like I'm reading a for sure death sentence.
I'd say that should apply to the ones melodramatically crying about the poor "babies" screaming in pain and the like, too, right? Calling abortion murder? Slaughter? Punishment for the rapist's evil?

What can I say....it's a heated debate. And both sides get hot under the collar, yes?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#318461 Dec 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Terri Schiavo was allowed to die physically because she had already died mentally. There is neither morality nor dignity in keeping a body wasting away just because you can. She had expressed a desire to NOT be kept alive under such conditions. The case wouldn't have made a ripple if not for her insane family.
<quoted text>
You are exactly correct, cpeter. People are allowed to die naturally every day, surrounded by love and loved ones, without drama or craziness. It's very common. I wonder why these people don't know this. It's no secret.
Penelope Garcia

United States

#318462 Dec 15, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>C-sections, both of em! So you do the math.
Recovery is longer and more painful. I had one, vertical incision, stomach staples included. Forty-five minute procedure with about a 5 week recovery. I did a vaginal too, induced, took 18 hours so I know them both. If you didn't do labor then you don't know jack about it. Pregnancy number 1 was a miscarriage at 12 weeks. Do THAT math. Sorry, I didn't mean to bore you.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318463 Dec 15, 2013
Penelope Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Recovery is longer and more painful. I had one, vertical incision, stomach staples included. Forty-five minute procedure with about a 5 week recovery. I did a vaginal too, induced, took 18 hours so I know them both. If you didn't do labor then you don't know jack about it. Pregnancy number 1 was a miscarriage at 12 weeks. Do THAT math. Sorry, I didn't mean to bore you.
It's not the labor that's necessarily different, but the delivery. I went through nearly 24 hours of labor with my first pregnancy before they decided to do the C-Section.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#318464 Dec 15, 2013
Penelope Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm I do know labour, so I know jack about it. Don't assume. The first c-section wasn't planned, duh, so in other words, I also knew the risks, and I knew them going into the second. The second c-section? Hell yes, I'll take that over what I went through before. Call me a wanna go pain free kinda girl.

I had drugs, that was my first request! I begged for more, and they denied me. Selfish bastards. Good thing I loaded myself up before admittance.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#318465 Dec 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say that should apply to the ones melodramatically crying about the poor "babies" screaming in pain and the like, too, right? Calling abortion murder? Slaughter? Punishment for the rapist's evil?
What can I say....it's a heated debate. And both sides get hot under the collar, yes?
yes
katie

Tacoma, WA

#318466 Dec 15, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was rather fond of my first sentence to RC "I really don't give a fck sweetheart." ; )
Regarding the denial considering these backwards laws in other countries happening here I believe is part of their "game". The CC plays that game all the time. When asked about abortion to save the mothers life they dance like Fred Astaire, they will say they allow abortion to save the mother but then you read about the PLM'S headed by Priests for Life and other catholic groups and right on the websites they state NO ABORTION FOR ANY REASON. They like to keep people confused, that is how and why they still have parishoners....confused people keep attending..
Your first sentence was quite charming, Morgana. Thought I'd mentioned it earlier, but I don't see it anywhere and have to believe the keyboard goblin gobbled it up!

Think you're right about the CC keeping people confused. Don't we usually term that as "baffling with bullsh*t"?

:-)

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#318467 Dec 15, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> An ectopic pregnancy aside,what one considers a life threat to the woman may differ depending on the Dr and/or if they are proabort/prolife. Why can't that viable baby be delivered instead of being aborted? Don't ask me to ask a Dr,because I have. Through out the years,we heard about Dr's telling women that they *HAD* to abort or die. Today,this isn't so. Take cancer for instance,women were terrified to find out that they had to abort according to their Dr's or they'd couldn't receive chemo and then die. Stress for a vulnerable woman with cancer is not good or healthy for her survival. Now,thank God,she can delay treatment until AFTER pregnancy or at least after the first trimester (worst case scenerio).
And again,what causes alot of these troubled pregnancies? Do some unbiased research. Seems like many contributing factors are deliberately ignored by your puppet masters for their own money making agenda's. Come on...wake up!
There are many instances where delivery would kill the woman, are you seriously that naive and brainwashed?

In Ireland a woman miscarrying a 17 week fetus was denied a life saving abortion and you will be thrilled to know she died...NO ABORTION! Happy?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/08/world/europe/ir...

Can you explain why this catholic hospital could not deliver this 11 week fetus?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

Or how about this 9 year old in Brazil?

http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,...

There are many more instances where abortion is necessary if you would like me to post more. You wish to die carrying a non viable fetus or if you simply wish to die as opposed to aborting HAVE AT IT....but YOU WILL keep your paws off the rest of us...got it?

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#318468 Dec 15, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first sentence was quite charming, Morgana. Thought I'd mentioned it earlier, but I don't see it anywhere and have to believe the keyboard goblin gobbled it up!
Think you're right about the CC keeping people confused. Don't we usually term that as "baffling with bullsh*t"?
:-)
Thank you, it was charming :)

YES...thank you "baffle them with buIIshit"....forgot that one! Perfect!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#318469 Dec 15, 2013
Evidently you're not supposed to go to heaven until every wretched cell has been kept alive as long as possible.
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what bothers me the most about the Terri Schiavo case? Never mind that her wishes were being ignored, and that she was mentally incapacitated without hope of recovery. The people that made such a publicity stunt out of this were the "religious" ones....now why would they want to stop her from going to heaven and meeting their god? You would think they would let her go...if they truly believed their own BS.

Indianapolis

#318470 Dec 15, 2013
Premature births are due to abortions? WTF are you smoking? Your entire screed is ridiculous.

So you had big, fat babies. You wanna cookie?
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> You are under the impression that induced abortions don't play a role in many maternal deaths. How about the mental and emotional state of that woman that leads to mental breakdowns,dysfunctional behavior,failed relationships,bonding with born children,relationships? Abortion makes many women unable to have children at all or without trouble. Premature births,placenta previa and other pregnancy issues are the result of elective abortion. Also,bad health due to abuse of the body (bad eating,stress,alcohol,drugs,et c)contribute to those totals .
I delivered HUGE babies. My deliveries were no picnic I assure you. I also had high risk pregnancies. I know of someone who had very severe pregnancies that made her violently ill and hospitalized. She lost tons of weight.She was told to abort or die no doubt. She refused. She didn't die in any of her pregnancies. She even told her Dr(before she left him for another who would stop pressuring her)that worst case scenerio,that he could deliver her baby early on with the hope of survival. My sisters had bad toxima. My mom had to be bedridden for a few of hers .
What irks me is people like you who a) focus on negative experiences b) forget all the healthy ones c) fail to admit that MOST abortion are done out of convenience(mom doesn't want to mother her child) and MOST later term ones are due to convenience(mom doesn't want to mother her *imperfect* child who has Downs or cleft palates or some other issue). They DEMAND their child be perfect or without any health issues or that child must die.
The rest of those who have truly risky pregnancies can have their viable babies delivered and not killed. Perhaps the baby might die and that is unfortunate but it is not deliberate.
Don't want a child,then don't have sex when you are fertile.

Indianapolis

#318471 Dec 15, 2013
You don't have the right to determine other people's morals. You certainly aren't qualified to do so.

Caylee anthony isn't my business; that's the business of the authorities. I never met her, didn't witness anything, and am not related. My "business" is limited to what was made public record from the trial.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Is Caylee Anthony your business? Susan Smiths little boys...where they your business? Bet you know the details of their deaths. In the womb,it's not anyones business who is killed? Sorry Charlie,you have no moral right to kill your unwanted child and I will fight for your childs rights for their life whether YOU like it or not.
What is with you and your stuck on stages of life deal? Equating one stage with another. What does it mean? Do you fight us on equating a newborn with a teenager?
Of course nobody has a guarantee to make it to the next stage of life. What's that mean anyway? Do you focus on your newborn making it to a toddler? Are you concerned that your toddler might not be guaranteed to make it to teenager?
You're weird.

Indianapolis

#318472 Dec 15, 2013
Always prepared!
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Umm I do know labour, so I know jack about it. Don't assume. The first c-section wasn't planned, duh, so in other words, I also knew the risks, and I knew them going into the second. The second c-section? Hell yes, I'll take that over what I went through before. Call me a wanna go pain free kinda girl.
I had drugs, that was my first request! I begged for more, and they denied me. Selfish bastards. Good thing I loaded myself up before admittance.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#318473 Dec 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Evidently you're not supposed to go to heaven until every wretched cell has been kept alive as long as possible.
<quoted text>
They are absolutely crazy. They claim all this heaven and god and love and blah blah blah but yet would keep someone with no possibility on life support! It almost makes me feel sorry for their god......he might have had a surprise party planned for the new arrival to heaven!

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#318474 Dec 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the labor that's necessarily different, but the delivery. I went through nearly 24 hours of labor with my first pregnancy before they decided to do the C-Section.
I went through induced labor after 6 hours of nothing, following the water breaking in my first....my second was much less painful, although labor took longer, but wasn't induced.

That Pitocin crap is for the birds....oof!

Regardless, I gotta say, if a woman is so much of a weenie that she aborts because she fears labor, she'd never make it as a mother anyway...born kids cause a lot more pain than labor, in the grand scheme of things.

:)

JMO

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#318475 Dec 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Premature births are due to abortions? WTF are you smoking? Your entire screed is ridiculous.
So you had big, fat babies. You wanna cookie?
<quoted text>
Yes, she wants a cookie, and a standing ovation, and a pat on the head.

Pfft.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#318476 Dec 15, 2013
Women who abort don't need your approval to make legal medical choices.
worships reality wrote:
...we know. that's the problem. that's why this forum exists..
It's only a problem, if one is a busybody control freak, who wants to punish women for having consensual sex, without wanting to be pregnant...or parents.

For everyone else, it's known as 'personal freedom' and 'equal rights to self-determination.'

Get over yourself.
Gtown71

United States

#318477 Dec 16, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are absolutely crazy. They claim all this heaven and god and love and blah blah blah but yet would keep someone with no possibility on life support! It almost makes me feel sorry for their god......he might have had a surprise party planned for the new arrival to heaven!
It was a feeding tube. We feed people everyday that have no clue there in the world.

Plus if abortions were only done on rape and incest victims , then abortion doctors would only work two weeks out of the year.

Sad situation all the way around. No one has all the right answers.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318478 Dec 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a feeding tube. We feed people everyday that have no clue there in the world.
Plus if abortions were only done on rape and incest victims , then abortion doctors would only work two weeks out of the year.
Sorry, but no. The right answer is to let each woman make her own choice regarding her own uterus and pregnancy, based upon her own circumstances and moral code, and without interference from those who think they know either better than she does.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#318479 Dec 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you want to keep someone alive that has no hope? Someone who did not wish to be kept in that manner? Especially when believing in a better place to move on to?

I had to make the decision twice for both my parents. I would not allow them to suffer.

Perhaps in this country they may only work two weeks out of the year. But they would hit the mother load in other countries that use rape as military strategy:

""This is why the Global Justice Center created the August 12th Campaign, which seeks to ensure access to safe abortion services for girls and women raped in armed conflicts. August 12 is the anniversary of the Geneva Conventions, which guarantees that war victims receive all the medical care required by their condition—medical care that should include the option of abortion for women who are pregnant from rape.

Reliable statistics on pregnancy from rape can be hard to come by. In a 1996 report, U.N. Special Rapporteur on Rwanda Rene Degni-Segui estimated that between 250,000 and 500,000 women were raped in the 100-day Rwandan genocide. An exhibition,“Intended Consequences: Rwandan Children Born of Rape,” put on by the Paley Center for Media in 2011, estimated that approximately 20,000 children were born from rape in that time. In Bangladesh, during the 1970s, approximately 25,000 children were born from rape, according to reports citing official sources.

Several studies have found that pregnancy from rape in wartime compounds the physical, psychological, and social consequences for the survivors. These consequences are severe, even deadly for young girls whose bodies have not adequately matured to deliver a child.

“Pregnancy is a leading cause of death among girls aged 15 to 19, most frequently due to complications of delivery and unsafe abortion,” according to “Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Toolkit,” a joint report published in 2009 by Save the Children and the UNFPA.“Adolescents aged 15 to 19 are twice as likely to die during pregnancy and childbirth—as are those in their twenties—and very young adolescents, under 15 years of age, have a fivefold increase in risk of death during pregnancy and childbirth compared with women 20 and older.”

The report points out how young pregnant women are a high-risk group particularly in emergency situations, including conflict zones, when family and social support systems are disrupted. The report also says that countries that “have experienced recent war or civil unrest have especially high rates of newborn mortality.”""

http://www.womenundersiegeproject.org/blog/en...

It amazes me that things like this are happening and yet men like you and other "religious" types run around the globe screaming about abortion and not doing a fcking thing about the crimes committed against women.

As a man I have this to say to you:

Clean up your own doorstep, report back when you have accomplished that. In the meantime stop riding the skirt tails of women till you can correct your own. Buck up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min BlueFlag 1,563,391
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 7 hr The FACTory 11,281
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr Told Pharts 33,405
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) May '17 Into The Night 258,461
More from around the web