Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#318151 Dec 11, 2013
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#318152 Dec 11, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of you equate an embryo/fetus with a newborn. Some of you even admit to it.
Point being, Aaron hasn't been dehumanized. He never was more than what he was, a male fetus. Them's the facts and your imagination doesn't change it.
My beloved daughter lived, survived against all odds. She was known, loved, felt, loved, cared for, loved, learned, loved; the fetus, Aaron, he was a dream that didn't come true. Them's also the facts, whether your imagination agrees or not.
You're the one who needs help -- you spend way too much romanticizing and imagining other people's pregnancies, their embryos/fetuses. It cannot be considered "healthy".
What is wrong with you? WHY are you trying to compare your children to me? I don't care. BOTH were your children-a son and a daughter. BOTH were of value and deserve respect. You even named your son Aaron. Why are you fighting to demean his existence to me?

Holy cow!
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#318153 Dec 11, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"pro-abortion as choice"
That's redundant since PRO-ABORTION literally means "favoring the legality of abortion".
Nobody's a "pro-abort" either since the word doesn't exist except in your PL imaginations.
Katie,are you pro-death penalty or are you anti-death penalty?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#318154 Dec 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> I can say fetus and my child and they equal the same.
okay, and they are for YOU, not me though
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> They will waste hours,days and years trying to argue the "proper"term for the stages of life and think that they are justifying abortion somehow.
K, if that's their way of justifying it, so be it. It's justified regardless what terminology 'they' use. What does it matter? It's not what 'it' is,'it's' how you view 'it'. No matter what it's called.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#318155 Dec 11, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>my take? She planned on having Aaron. So why not name the 'baby'?
You seem to think everyone whom is pro-choice, and is pregnant planning on keeping the 'baby' won't have 'it' named before he/she/it is born?
Correct me if I'm wrong Katie (and I believe you to feel the same as me), but there's no way in HELL, I would equal my 'fetus' to one of my children. If someone held a gun to my head, and told me I had to choose, between one of my children, and the fetus I'm carrying,,,, good bye fetus, thanks for dropping by.
Let's not get technical people. I do realize this comment can be nit picked to death about the gun being held to my head, and my life ending, ending the fetus anyways..... blah blah blah, but you all get my point....
"""So why not name the baby"""" ""

Oopsy,Katie doesn't consider Aaron a baby.

No,I don't "think everyone who i pro-choice,and is pregnant planning on keeping the baby won't have it named before he/she/it is born". In fact,THAT is my point. They would and they DO acknowledge a son or daughter in that womb that is developing. They prepare for that son or daughter,even name him or her,and buy clothes ,furniture and toys accordingly. Like I pointed out a million times,some even admitted to seeing their "son or daughter" in that womb via ultrasound pics. They even felt joy at the coming arrrival of that son or daughter. IN OTHER WORDS,that son or daughter was now a little child of theirs with a sex and a name even.

One sentence later,and that son or daughter with a name and sex(and joyful experience of feeling him or her move or kick)turns into a "non-entity fetus/non-child" for the purpose of supporting that ones death as choice.

Your latter comment about savingg your born(known)child over your developing fetus is quite normal due to the fact that their is an emotional attachment and years of memories with that child. It's like that stupid regurgitated scenerio of who one would save-a human in the petri dish or the two year old from a burning building. I mean,come on.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#318156 Dec 11, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
okay, and they are for YOU, not me though
<quoted text> K, if that's their way of justifying it, so be it. It's justified regardless what terminology 'they' use. What does it matter? It's not what 'it' is,'it's' how you view 'it'. No matter what it's called.
It doesn't matter. THAT is what I've been trying to say all along. It "is" what it is regardless of what terminology is used.

A fetus,embryo,newborn,toddler,t eenager,etc.....are all terms to describe the humans life. That womans developing child or born child who will continue to develop.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#318157 Dec 11, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>IF you're curious about my opinion on the DP, and at standing, it's unbiased, I say fry the Mother F...ers. Sure it costs more to pull the switch than to keep them in prison for the rest of their life, but hey, that's just me, and considering the circumstances, I may even consider myself lucky in being chosen to pull the switch.
ZAP!
Satisfaction guaranteed and coming to a State near you.
I am anti-death penalty.

LOL stayed tuned...not ONE proabort will confess to being either pro or anti- death penalty. They are scared of the word PRO and ANTI.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#318158 Dec 11, 2013
Cont....

They might think that if they admit to being PRO-death penalty,that it would mean that THEY would want to ZAP the person or that anyone in jail for a serious crime should be ZAPPED instead of just supporting the act of the death penalty.

Sshhhhhh....<cue silence>

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#318159 Dec 11, 2013
What they said was that the russian army considered rape to be moral. So does the christian god.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
cPeter: "The PLM`s mania for raping the language is well-known."
Speaking of rape, did you see where your proabort buds denied a moral truth exists with rape?
In fact, Playa didn't hesitate when she said that under the context of war Russian Army raping women was moral. I find her sentiments odd; but, then again, I'm not a "feminist."
cPeter: "What you describe is a diminution or foreshortening."
Heh, Grumpy as both conditions.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#318160 Dec 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Are you pro-death penalty or anti-death penalty? Are you pro-abortion as choice or are you anti-abortion as choice?
I challenge you to answer. You won't. You know why and so do I.
More games Sassy? Whatever I write you'll say it's no answer because it doesn't suit your script but here we go again.

Death penalty...I am for it as long as DNA and other evidence can confirm the State is not executing an innocent man/woman. I also do not think we should worry so much about how humane the process is since the murderers didn't care how much their victims suffered, but that is a case of the rest of society not lowering themselves to the murderers level. In the end I feel the only people who really matter in the decision are the victim's family. It's about how they feel, not how I feel, that really matters.

Abortion...I am for people being able to make their own choices within the law and that includes you. Don't want an abortion, then don't have one. I would not have one, but I would also not vilify someone who has had one. I would not bomb clinics, murder doctors or stand outside of clinics harassing women just because they are doing something I would not choose to do...just like I don't stand outside of churches harassing people just because I think they are wasting their time on foolishness. Why? Because I am not a control-freak like you.

Now, if you don't like my answers...too fkn bad.

You don't get to script my opinions or my answers, Control-Freak.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#318161 Dec 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> I am anti-death penalty.
LOL stayed tuned...not ONE proabort will confess to being either pro or anti- death penalty. They are scared of the word PRO and ANTI.
I guess I messed you up, huh? If they're guilty then I love to see ( I don't get to see them literally) them fry. Bring back the chair, I say!!
katie

Federal Way, WA

#318162 Dec 11, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>my take? She planned on having Aaron. So why not name the 'baby'?
You seem to think everyone whom is pro-choice, and is pregnant planning on keeping the 'baby' won't have 'it' named before he/she/it is born?
Correct me if I'm wrong Katie (and I believe you to feel the same as me), but there's no way in HELL, I would equal my 'fetus' to one of my children. If someone held a gun to my head, and told me I had to choose, between one of my children, and the fetus I'm carrying,,,, good bye fetus, thanks for dropping by.
Let's not get technical people. I do realize this comment can be nit picked to death about the gun being held to my head, and my life ending, ending the fetus anyways..... blah blah blah, but you all get my point....
Clearly you get what's been said a lot more than JM does.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#318163 Dec 11, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Try another point. That one isn't true.
OH...but it is true. Anyone that would force a woman/girl to forgo her best interests physically/medically simply to bend to "their" will....hates woman. End of story Ink.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#318164 Dec 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
Cont....
They might think that if they admit to being PRO-death penalty,that it would mean that THEY would want to ZAP the person or that anyone in jail for a serious crime should be ZAPPED instead of just supporting the act of the death penalty.
Sshhhhhh....<cue silence>
Ah yes, the Sassy game where you try to tell us that being for the death penalty MUST mean we want to fry everyone who has committed a "serious crime", yet that is not how the death penalty is applied, now is it?

We can't be for something that doesn't actually happen. We do not execute "anyone in jail for a serious crime" so there really was going to be no point to your question in the end. Yawn...just more of your histrionics.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#318165 Dec 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
I am PRO-choice and ANTI-control-freak.

You, my dear, are afraid of minding your own business.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#318166 Dec 11, 2013
Grown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why do you/y'all get to limit or decide the meaning of pro choice?"

Because it's our position to decide. It's not for someone who is not pro-choice to decide.

"After all morals are subjective, right ?"

What have morals to do with your previous question?

"You don't have to like or agree with the choice being made."

What are you babbling about? Because you seem to be having two different conversations here.

"If rape was legal would you support individuals choice to commit rape?"

No.

"One step further··· Did/do you support individuals choice on abortion BEFORE RvW ??"

I was NINE. I didn't even know what was going on, or what abortion was.

But, to answer the question I believe you are REALLY asking...no, I am not pro-choice just because abortion is legal.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318167 Dec 11, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
What they said was that the russian army considered rape to be moral. So does the christian god.
<quoted text>
I didn't even say that. He's making sh*t up again.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318168 Dec 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
There are no "proaborts" here.

As for the PCers, have you forgotten my post already? You know, the one where I said I am pro-death penalty?

Or were you just dishonestly ignoring it?

Of course we are not scared of "pro" or "anti". We use them all the time.

WE are pro-choice. And YOU are anti-choice.

See?

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#318169 Dec 11, 2013
"sassyjm"
It's all about choice and what one considers 'moral' according to them. THEY may not agree with certain options or views but they won't force their views on others. Each individual decides for themselves.
@@

its all about minding your own business
Grown71

Tampa, FL

#318170 Dec 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why do you/y'all get to limit or decide the meaning of pro choice?"
Because it's our position to decide. It's not for someone who is not pro-choice to decide.
"After all morals are subjective, right ?"
What have morals to do with your previous question?
"You don't have to like or agree with the choice being made."
What are you babbling about? Because you seem to be having two different conversations here.
"If rape was legal would you support individuals choice to commit rape?"
No.
"One step further··· Did/do you support individuals choice on abortion BEFORE RvW ??"
I was NINE. I didn't even know what was going on, or what abortion was.
But, to answer the question I believe you are REALLY asking...no, I am not pro-choice just because abortion is legal.
My point is there are some absolutes. If the moral line differs from one person to the next, then there really is no line .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Death of Tenzing 1,251,903
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 243,433
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr Earthling-1 6,277
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 4 hr GoGoGrandMaHillary 1,653
News Trail Blazers 'like what Tim Frazier brings' at... 17 hr Fartman 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 hr tom wingo 29,828
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Jul 2 Fartman 24
More from around the web