Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,922
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Levittown, PA

#317400 Dec 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Good, o sanctimonious one, so you agree. Religious organizations should be taxed. Why didn't you just admit it? Holy Mother, you love to bitch and nag, do you? Whew, keep the kids away from Nana Ink!
I never said they shouldn't be. You just don't listen. You think you know what Christians are going to say. Sure tax them and they should be just for their particular religion.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#317401 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was it important for you to have them listed as though you were unaware?
I wanted you to do some leg work for a change.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#317402 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't understand the need to pick apart each sentence. We just disagree.
I like to address individual points individually.

So sue me.

If we 'just disagree', why is it that you keep asking/addressing the same things over and over and over again, and claiming not to be answered when you simply continue not to like the responses?

Next...
Ink

Levittown, PA

#317403 Dec 1, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I wanted you to do some leg work for a change.
Next...
Good night is next. I am bored.
katie

Seattle, WA

#317404 Dec 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> I can't tell whether the woman is stupid, demented, stoned, or just a jerk.. She reminds me of Dori on Finding Nemo.
Was that the "just keep swimming" one who couldn't focus or stay on track, but could always find her happy place?
katie

Seattle, WA

#317405 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they shouldn't be. You just don't listen. You think you know what Christians are going to say. Sure tax them and they should be just for their particular religion.
What about nondiscriminatory practices in the private sector at places like Catholic/Christian schools? Would you be okay with that and allow gay teachers in the classrooms under equal opportunity employment?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#317406 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You're also boring. Good night to you.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#317407 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather talk about taxes and who should pay them. Should schools, hospitals government buildings, state parks? I hope you say yes because I'm tired of supporting them.
Are they religious institutions? That's what we are talking about. If you changed the subject in the last hour, we're on to new subject and I'm not involved.

Atrisco Village

#317408 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you were going to say that. Listen? Really? You're a strange old woman.

Atrisco Village

#317409 Dec 1, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that the "just keep swimming" one who couldn't focus or stay on track, but could always find her happy place?
Yup...no short term memory, giddy, just like Ink. Ink has no happy place, poor thing.

Atrisco Village

#317410 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you bore yourself and us, too. You should go. Bubbye.

Atrisco Village

#317411 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter. It was never a right anyway. You do know what a right is, don't you?
lol, nice try.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#317412 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only Christianity. Now that you have changed her words to try to make some sense of her claim, we can address the 'priviledge' without her.
Since churches have no right to tax exemption and if they are now taxed they haven't really lost anything.
They have only been getting away with a scam. Tax the churches, religious schools and universities, hospitals and shelters and food kitchen. You still won't have any effect on faith in God or change any minds.
Who is trying to, Paranoia?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#317413 Dec 2, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What about nondiscriminatory practices in the private sector at places like Catholic/Christian schools? Would you be okay with that and allow gay teachers in the classrooms under equal opportunity employment?
I think they should pay taxes and run them any way the want. Gays are fine as long as they promote the Catholic/Christian point of view regarding social values and morals and have knowledge of C/C traditions.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#317414 Dec 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Are they religious institutions? That's what we are talking about. If you changed the subject in the last hour, we're on to new subject and I'm not involved.
Some are. Should only the religious schools and hospitals be taxed?
worships reality

AOL

#317415 Dec 2, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as a "secular religion", you Moron.
yes there is. secular humanism for one was declared a religion by the sc in 1961.

moron.
Gtown71

United States

#317416 Dec 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The completely undeserved feeling of
entitlement that religionists have for special treatment is disgusting. It makes no sense. Any members of a religion who believe they deserve exemptions have no sense of decency or integrity.
True!!!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#317418 Dec 2, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The point was that atheists were suing and as you can see they are.
There is no crumbling. Try as you might, you will never destroy anyone's religious rights.
But that's the thing, Ink - no one is trying to 'destroy' your religious rights. The religious among us have just been convinced for years, of 'religious rights' that NEVER EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Persecution is not a 'religious right'.
Denying coverage of contraception/abortion, because YOU PERSONALLY don't agree with its use, is not a 'religious right'.
Refusing to hire or provide services to people with other sexual orientation from your own, is not a 'religious right'

No one is making you use contraception, or get an abortion.
No one is preventing you from being against gay sex.
No one is compelling you to offer specific services. But if you do, you must offer them to everyone.

Practice your religion on YOURSELF. THAT's your 'religious right'.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#317419 Dec 2, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>But that's the thing, Ink - no one is trying to 'destroy' your religious rights. The religious among us have just been convinced for years, of 'religious rights' that NEVER EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Persecution is not a 'religious right'.
Denying coverage of contraception/abortion, because YOU PERSONALLY don't agree with its use, is not a 'religious right'.
Refusing to hire or provide services to people with other sexual orientation from your own, is not a 'religious right'
No one is making you use contraception, or get an abortion.
No one is preventing you from being against gay sex.
No one is compelling you to offer specific services. But if you do, you must offer them to everyone.
Practice your religion on YOURSELF. THAT's your 'religious right'.
Then her assertion that laws based on religion are crumbling was a false statement. I thought so.
KKKanada

Glastonbury, CT

#317420 Dec 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>lol
Hey, can you afford expensive lunch meat yet? Raised your daughter alone, huh?(I'm so shocked by that) Going back to school,,,, you know,,, 8 years right? Have you forgotten about that? How's your Dewey looking daughter? Your health? Does that still suck? Can you afford the care you need? No? I didn't think so by your anger issues.
Lets see your smile! C'mon, lets see it. No? Really? Ya, I didn't think so. So keep insulting Ms. Jealous! I love it!
Still go down on your daddy and your brother?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min LOL 1,190,994
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min thewordofme 235,672
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 19 min mike tirico 29,066
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 34 min don t drink the k... 4,183
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Big D 201,381
Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) 9 hr CS Rosenberg 71
NCSU vs UNC from the Coach's Perspective by Jam... Sat IdeasandTruth 1
More from around the web