Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310633 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Levittown, PA

#317383 Dec 1, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not a group of Atheists in the school district lawsuit. It was a Humanist legal group. There are religious Humanists, you know, Witless.
Big deal, who cares?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#317384 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What is crumbling? Are you serious?
Chicks illusions of grandeur. And yes, I'm serious!
katie

Seattle, WA

#317385 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter. It was never a right anyway. You do know what a right is, don't you?
Do you realize the others were discussing religious based laws (as in what's crumbling)? You went from stating atheists were suing to get religion out of public places to claiming you were losing your civil right to practice a religion of your choice.

You began by discussing laws, merged in rights, argued some, got blown down, and then above claim it was a never a right anyway?

Makes my head spin!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#317386 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a mega church. We seat about two hundred.
My pastor makes about 30K a year. Probably a little high but he gives away much of it to needy parishoners. Maybe churches , religious schools, colleges, hospitals and homeless shelters should be taxed. Maybe religious charities, schools and hospitals should be supported by Catholics and be only for Catholics. Everyone else can go to what's left and pay for it.
All NPOs should have the exact same tax status, including churches and religious organizations and programs, etc.. End of story, as you love to say. As for your personal story....Well, my dear, you could be telling the truth or you could be a lying. However, since you and your slimy boyfriend, whoreships realty ( really, Ink? yuck) have chosen to share BS stories about me and to not believe the one thing I reveal of my life, why the hell should I do anything different for you? I mean, it's cool, it's what happens on Topix. I don't care so why should you, right? You get what you give, pseftiko prosopo.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#317387 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Big deal, who cares?
Given that your claim was about Atheist groups, and THAT was the only example of an actual lawsuit you came up with, it IS a big deal. YOU were wrong.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#317388 Dec 1, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She wasn't talking about civil rights, you know. She was talking about the priviledge that Christianity has enjoyed previously, which is should not have had in the first place.
Not only Christianity. Now that you have changed her words to try to make some sense of her claim, we can address the 'priviledge' without her.

Since churches have no right to tax exemption and if they are now taxed they haven't really lost anything.
They have only been getting away with a scam. Tax the churches, religious schools and universities, hospitals and shelters and food kitchen. You still won't have any effect on faith in God or change any minds.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#317389 Dec 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> All NPOs should have the exact same tax status, including churches and religious organizations and programs, etc.. End of story, as you love to say. As for your personal story....Well, my dear, you could be telling the truth or you could be a lying. However, since you and your slimy boyfriend, whoreships realty ( really, Ink? yuck) have chosen to share BS stories about me and to not believe the one thing I reveal of my life, why the hell should I do anything different for you? I mean, it's cool, it's what happens on Topix. I don't care so why should you, right? You get what you give, pseftiko prosopo.
I would rather talk about taxes and who should pay them. Should schools, hospitals government buildings, state parks? I hope you say yes because I'm tired of supporting them.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#317390 Dec 1, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize the others were discussing religious based laws (as in what's crumbling)? You went from stating atheists were suing to get religion out of public places to claiming you were losing your civil right to practice a religion of your choice.
You began by discussing laws, merged in rights, argued some, got blown down, and then above claim it was a never a right anyway?
Makes my head spin!
you may be right but what is a religious law that has crumbled that I should be concerned about?

Location hidden

#317391 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one. Bet you can't.
God , you're really, really dense. Read the damn posts. How do you breathe, without a coach? Listen, babe, your religious rights are and will always be intact. I will fight for that, silly, as all Americans will. Religion, however, will not remain privileged and pristinely tax-exempt forever, as your own examples show. Jesus H. Christ, take a nap, please.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#317392 Dec 1, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Show me that post, where I said "Atheist groups aren't suing over religion."
I dare 'ya.
I've denied that there is a war on Christmas once or twice...hardly the same thing.
I said they were and you said

"Such as?" as in disbelief. If you thought they were, you would have agreed instead of the challenge, "such as?"

Location hidden

#317393 Dec 1, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize the others were discussing religious based laws (as in what's crumbling)? You went frmooom stating atheists were suing to get religion out of public places to claiming you were losing your civil right to practice a religion of your choice.
Makes my head spin!
I can't tell whether the woman is stupid, demented, stoned, or just a jerk.. She reminds me of Dori on Finding Nemo.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#317394 Dec 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>God , you're really, really dense. Read the damn posts. How do you breathe, without a coach? Listen, babe, your religious rights are and will always be intact. I will fight for that, silly, as all Americans will. Religion, however, will not remain privileged and pristinely tax-exempt forever, as your own examples show. Jesus H. Christ, take a nap, please.
<quoted text>
What is crumbling? Are you serious?

You said;
"Are YOU serious? Rights based purely on religion are dwindling away and a damn good thing."

Care to tell me what those rights are and how have you benefitted from the loss?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#317395 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He/ she is already a son or a daughter..
...in YOUR opinion.

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>But if you want to believe he/she isn't, that is your option..
If you want to attach your views to your own pregnancies, that's your option. Believing that I, and not my fetus, own my body and its resources, is my option. Obligating others to follow my views, or your views, is not an option.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>I think it is probably hard to face the fact that he/she is it's own unique individual if you plan to kill him/her..
I think it is probably hard to fact the fact that nothing you say, do, wish, cry for, pray for, or think, has EVER prevented one single woman from doing what she sees fit, when she becomes pregnant. I think that gets under your hide like a hot needle. Poor thing.

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad that I never had to ignore that fact and ponder an abortion. It would be a non issue in any circumstance..
...unless that government, the one you would like to see decree that no more abortion is allowed, changes its tune, and says only "X" number of gestations are allowed.

I know...couldn't POSSIBLY happen in a Christian nation....blah blah blah....
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>I had a fantastic Thanksgiving with visiting kids and grandkids. Boy how they grow.
Yes they do. I enjoyed spending time with my family as well.

Location hidden

#317396 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only Christianity. Now that you have changed her words to try to make some sense of her claim, we can address the 'priviledge' without her.
Since churches have no right to tax exemption and if they are now taxed they haven't really lost anything.
They have only been getting away with a scam. Tax the churches, religious schools and universities, hospitals and shelters and food kitchen. You still won't have any effect on faith in God or change any minds.
Good, o sanctimonious one, so you agree. Religious organizations should be taxed. Why didn't you just admit it? Holy Mother, you love to bitch and nag, do you? Whew, keep the kids away from Nana Ink!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#317397 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I said they were and you said
"Such as?" as in disbelief. If you thought they were, you would have agreed instead of the challenge, "such as?"
Um, hello, you said religious practices were being challenged in court, and I said "Such as?" in an invitation to post them.

Which you did.

I then gave my opinion on them.

I *never* said "Atheists aren't suing over religion."

But of course, you already knew that...you just didn't want to address the other points, so you latched on to that one for three posts, and got repeatedly owned.

Try again?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#317398 Dec 1, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>...in YOUR opinion.
<quoted text>If you want to attach your views to your own pregnancies, that's your option. Believing that I, and not my fetus, own my body and its resources, is my option. Obligating others to follow my views, or your views, is not an option.
<quoted text>I think it is probably hard to fact the fact that nothing you say, do, wish, cry for, pray for, or think, has EVER prevented one single woman from doing what she sees fit, when she becomes pregnant. I think that gets under your hide like a hot needle. Poor thing.
<quoted text>...unless that government, the one you would like to see decree that no more abortion is allowed, changes its tune, and says only "X" number of gestations are allowed.
I know...couldn't POSSIBLY happen in a Christian nation....blah blah blah....
<quoted text>Yes they do. I enjoyed spending time with my family as well.
Don't understand the need to pick apart each sentence. I guess it is important to you. We just disagree.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#317399 Dec 1, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Um, hello, you said religious practices were being challenged in court, and I said "Such as?" in an invitation to post them.
Which you did.
I then gave my opinion on them.
I *never* said "Atheists aren't suing over religion."
But of course, you already knew that...you just didn't want to address the other points, so you latched on to that one for three posts, and got repeatedly owned.
Try again?
Why was it important for you to have them listed as though you were unaware?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#317400 Dec 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Good, o sanctimonious one, so you agree. Religious organizations should be taxed. Why didn't you just admit it? Holy Mother, you love to bitch and nag, do you? Whew, keep the kids away from Nana Ink!
I never said they shouldn't be. You just don't listen. You think you know what Christians are going to say. Sure tax them and they should be just for their particular religion.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#317401 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was it important for you to have them listed as though you were unaware?
I wanted you to do some leg work for a change.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#317402 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't understand the need to pick apart each sentence. We just disagree.
I like to address individual points individually.

So sue me.

If we 'just disagree', why is it that you keep asking/addressing the same things over and over and over again, and claiming not to be answered when you simply continue not to like the responses?

Next...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Injudgement 1,345,601
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 253,289
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Bruins 31,883
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 18 hr Earthling-1 8,534
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 3 KeS 201,847
News IU ranked 13th, Butler 16th (Dec '07) Feb 3 Fart news 89
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Feb 2 Sonny 2
More from around the web