Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 322220 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#317364 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see any rights that have been lost. Point them out if you want. Otherwise I will assume that you don't know of any either and you are just all talk.
Oh, vieja, please, I love that you insist upon staying as oblivious as you are. Head up your ass, blissfully ignorant, smugly thinking that your precious status quo is firmly in place, doing nothing but twirping online....this is exactly where we want you. Thanks for your compliance, moros!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#317365 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
First, do you think all medical malpractice and workers compensation suits are legit? They aren't many are a scam.
Unlike you, I'm not inclined to strip all patients of our rights to sue a doctor for malpractice, on the basis that a few bad apples take advantage of the system. The small percentage of phony claims, is a small price to pay for everyone's ability to be legally compensated for a real one.

Now then, what changes would you suggest, and why?

(Again, please be specific.)

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#317366 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Try as you might, you will never destroy anyone's religious rights.
Try as you might, you will not shove your religion down mine or any other persons throat. Your religion belongs in your tax free church not to be waved around and thrown in peoples faces. Not does it belong in public schools or influencing law.

My daughter was being taught religion in 6th grade in a public school. Needless to say the teacher and I had a very loud interesting discussion. He said "he believed" students should be exposed to religion and the good things it teaches. I told him in no uncertain terms that I did not want my daughter learning this crap, otherwise I would have sent her to a religious based school. I told him he had one of two choices, my daughter would be dismissed during the religious teaching or I would attend the class and I would be asking a million questions in front of the class. Then I had the same interesting discussion with the principal who was unaware that this was happening. Needless to say, that was the end of the religion lessons. I won, religion lost.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#317367 Dec 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I support your right to worship the diety of your choice. I do not support religious greed and religious privilege.Your Christian cults are the worst. There is no reason that religious organizations should have any different financial status as any other non-profit. Who's taking away your religious rights, mama? Sorry, your megachurch will pay taxes, eventually. Tough for your rich hypocrite of a pastor, huh?
I don't have a mega church. We seat about two hundred.

My pastor makes about 30K a year. Probably a little high but he gives away much of it to needy parishoners. Maybe churches , religious schools, colleges, hospitals and homeless shelters should be taxed. Maybe religious charities, schools and hospitals should be supported by Catholics and be only for Catholics. Everyone else can go to what's left and pay for it.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#317368 Dec 1, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I wholeheartedly agree. Tax laws, like any other laws, should apply to all business income equally, regardless of the religious affiliation of the proprietor. Or are you trying to say that an entity which offers a commodity (salvation) in exchange for material compensation (cold hard cash), is not a business?
<quoted text>So they haven't sued yet?
Aside from 'threats to sue', which don't actually constitute a lawsuit, many of the folks killed on 9/11 were not Christian.
Will their religious affiliations be recognized on the beam, as well as the Christian cross?
<quoted text>So the School District decided to do the responsible thing and admit that they couldn't win a lawsuit, thereby saving the School District the cost of exorbitant legal fees.
Where's the beef?
The chick posts this stuff, I use it to point out that religion will not stay privileged and uniquely tax exempt as it has been and she still denies that it's happening. She provided the damn evidence, for jesus sake!
Ink

Havertown, PA

#317369 Dec 1, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you, I'm not inclined to strip all patients of our rights to sue a doctor for malpractice, on the basis that a few bad apples take advantage of the system. The small percentage of phony claims, is a small price to pay for everyone's ability to be legally compensated for a real one.
Now then, what changes would you suggest, and why?
(Again, please be specific.)
Staying on this subject, not only are patients making false claims but the medical business is also filing false claims for reinbursement. They catch some.

The healthcare system is a mess and it is going to get worse with Obama handing a windfall to the insurance companies.

https://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/enforcement/cmp/fal...
Ink

Havertown, PA

#317370 Dec 1, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Try as you might, you will not shove your religion down mine or any other persons throat. Your religion belongs in your tax free church not to be waved around and thrown in peoples faces. Not does it belong in public schools or influencing law.
My daughter was being taught religion in 6th grade in a public school. Needless to say the teacher and I had a very loud interesting discussion. He said "he believed" students should be exposed to religion and the good things it teaches. I told him in no uncertain terms that I did not want my daughter learning this crap, otherwise I would have sent her to a religious based school. I told him he had one of two choices, my daughter would be dismissed during the religious teaching or I would attend the class and I would be asking a million questions in front of the class. Then I had the same interesting discussion with the principal who was unaware that this was happening. Needless to say, that was the end of the religion lessons. I won, religion lost.
He had no right to teach anything other than the accepted curriculum. You were right and he should have been fired.

Nobody lost any rights here. He didn't have any.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#317371 Dec 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, vieja, please, I love that you insist upon staying as oblivious as you are. Head up your ass, blissfully ignorant, smugly thinking that your precious status quo is firmly in place, doing nothing but twirping online....this is exactly where we want you. Thanks for your compliance, moros!
Name one. Bet you can't.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#317372 Dec 1, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I wholeheartedly agree. Tax laws, like any other laws, should apply to all business income equally, regardless of the religious affiliation of the proprietor. Or are you trying to say that an entity which offers a commodity (salvation) in exchange for material compensation (cold hard cash), is not a business?
<quoted text>So they haven't sued yet?
Aside from 'threats to sue', which don't actually constitute a lawsuit, many of the folks killed on 9/11 were not Christian.
Will their religious affiliations be recognized on the beam, as well as the Christian cross?
<quoted text>So the School District decided to do the responsible thing and admit that they couldn't win a lawsuit, thereby saving the School District the cost of exorbitant legal fees.
Where's the beef?
You said that atheist groups weren't suing over religion and I said they were. Do you see were you were wrong?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#317373 Dec 1, 2013
R C Buckaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
It must really stink to be you! Bucktoothed~stupid AND Canadian! A double whammy!
lol

Hey, can you afford expensive lunch meat yet? Raised your daughter alone, huh?(I'm so shocked by that) Going back to school,,,, you know,,, 8 years right? Have you forgotten about that? How's your Dewey looking daughter? Your health? Does that still suck? Can you afford the care you need? No? I didn't think so by your anger issues.

Lets see your smile! C'mon, lets see it. No? Really? Ya, I didn't think so. So keep insulting Ms. Jealous! I love it!
Ink

Havertown, PA

#317374 Dec 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The chick posts this stuff, I use it to point out that religion will not stay privileged and uniquely tax exempt as it has been and she still denies that it's happening. She provided the damn evidence, for jesus sake!
It doesn't matter. It was never a right anyway. You do know what a right is, don't you?

Location hidden

#317375 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, she said it was a 'potential' somebody and it isn't. You can't be a 'potential' somebody. If you exist, then you are what you are and we know the fetus does exist.
WRONG! Chicky is STILL a potential somebody! I don't believe she ever will be, but 'that' example shot your theory out the window!
Ink

Havertown, PA

#317376 Dec 1, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG! Chicky is STILL a potential somebody! I don't believe she ever will be, but 'that' example shot your theory out the window!
So true, she defies the dictionary.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#317377 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that atheist groups weren't suing over religion and I said they were. Do you see were you were wrong?
That was not a group of Atheists in the school district lawsuit. It was a Humanist legal group. There are religious Humanists, you know, Witless.

Location hidden

#317378 Dec 1, 2013
R C Cowpie wrote:
<quoted text>
You always manage to make everything about you. This crap you keep spewing about being a troll is just you being a coward. When you give an opinion and then get challenged your spine crumbles and you fall back on the 'i'm just a troll from under a bridge' shitola.
You flip flop around like a fish on a dock and then run away with a load in your pants.
K! LMAO

But seriously, your BP is probably really high, and you're risking a stroke. Calm down, have some tea (not Earl Grey, that's the expensive kind) have a hot tub .... oops, probably can only fit about 3 cups of water before you over flow it with your body mass. Ummmmm errrrrr shoot Chicks, can you rent a movie? Are you still able to get Beta tapes (my G-ma had a lot of those)

Dang, I can't think of anything that could calm you down. A nice warm glass of tap water? How about that? No clean glasses? Cup your big hands together, and enjoy!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#317379 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter. It was never a right anyway. You do know what a right is, don't you?
She wasn't talking about civil rights, you know. She was talking about the priviledge that Christianity has enjoyed previously, which is should not have had in the first place.

Location hidden

#317380 Dec 1, 2013
oops, for Heaven's sake WASH YOUR HANDS before you use them for that. I'd hate to think of your dying of dysentery because you listened to me in that your hands could be used to help you drink water.

Sorry

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#317381 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Staying on this subject,
...even though I've already answered the question....
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
not only are patients making false claims but the medical business is also filing false claims for reinbursement. They catch some.
Once more for the stupid girl: The small amount of phony claims is a small price to pay for the ability to sue a doctor for malpractice as a result of a real claim. I'm sure if your knee surgeon cuts off your leg instead of inserting the replacement knee you were promised, you'd like to be able to get some compensation for that.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The healthcare system is a mess and it is going to get worse with Obama handing a windfall to the insurance companies.
https://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/enforcement/cmp/fal...
I agree. Now then: What changes would you suggest, and PLEASE be specific.

I'll wait.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#317382 Dec 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me that post, where I said "Atheist groups aren't suing over religion."

I dare 'ya.

I've denied that there is a war on Christmas once or twice...hardly the same thing.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#317383 Dec 1, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not a group of Atheists in the school district lawsuit. It was a Humanist legal group. There are religious Humanists, you know, Witless.
Big deal, who cares?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min DBWriter 1,658,292
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Meat 11,915
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Anthony Ramon 35,098
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web