Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
296,881 - 296,900 of 305,181 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

R C Honey wrote:
K, pregnancy stories aside. They suck, they're great, they gave me owies big time, it was a breeze,,, whatever.
It's after the Baby is born. AFTER! If a man doesn't step up to the plate, he's not a man in my books. Period!
Agreed.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed. But I still stick with most. No links for med-evil stats needed.lol
Okay. I opine that it's around 50/50. I kinda doubt there are any accurate stats on it anyway.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And when he doesn't?
From society, and the law, he gets a pass, for the most part. The woman, meanwhile, has this pregnancy to deal with, and then at least 18 years of endless worry, toil, and heartache, which has a 50/50 chance of being alleviated by brief and swiftly passing moments of joy.
Your post didn't address his absence from the equation, other than your opinion that he's not a real man. Big deal - I'm sure all the fellas that tuck tail and run at the first sign of a pregnancy are shaking in their boots, and growing vaginas, as a result of this horrible pronouncement.(Please detect heavy sarcasm)
Yes, there is the moment the man shows his true colors and then it's done, and for the woman it's a lifetime of picking up the pieces.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>My point, albeit sarcastically presented, was that people who give women who've been raped a pass when it comes to abortion, are usually hypocrites of the first order...they claim to be all about 'life', but those fetuses conceived in rape are just as human as the ones conceived in mutual horniness, or boundless joy, or both. What they're saying is that women who consent to sex, but not to pregnancy, should be punished with obligatory gestation, and women who 'had no choice' in getting pregnant because they were raped, should be allowed to kill their 'pre-born child in utero' or whatever the hell the freakin' hypocrites call it. The only reason they're okay with abortion in cases of rape, is because they figure the woman has already been punished for having sex. The fetus is irrelevant - it's all about control.
They make me gag worse than the ones who are against it under any circumstances whatsoever - at least THOSE folks are consistent.
Just sayin.
Exactly! I go a step further why would they allow the mother of a troubled pregnancy to have treatment to save her life and a good possibility it will kill the fetus if they apply equal value? Why not allow them both to go down in flames, both being of equal value?

Ireland, Nicaragua, Brazil and other religiously insane countries believe the woman/mother should be willing to die with her fetus, including an ectopic pregnancy.

Obviously they do not apply equal value to the fetus.

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I grew most of my 'supplies' in my vegetable garden, and on my fruit trees, hon. Did a lot of canning this summer, and will be giving out much of it as gifts this year.
(I did buy jars and lids, but not in a brick-and-mortar store... I shop online, so I don't have to frotz with crowds.
Shop smarter, not harder.
Next...
Did you make pasta sauce out of fresh tomatoes?

If you did can I get on your holiday gift giving list?

Or....hot hot peppers, they are always appreciated!

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Yes,they are. No child is responsible for the actions of their parents. They don't deserve to die because their biological father is a madman rapist no more or less then a child conceived in marriage by a selfish,A-hole biological father who was drunk and forced his wife to have sex. There are people out there who have the worst fathers and mothers in the world and yet,they have value and worth. The way one was conceived is irrelevent that new human beings life. Unfortunately for the woman who was brutally raped by this monster,she had to endure such horror and violation. SHE and her conceived child are innocent.
A couple of questions.

So you would disallow a choice to a raped woman/girl?

If you believe the mother to be innocent then why would you sentence her to 9 months carrying the result of a crime against her?

Where is her right to self defense?

Where are her rights at all??

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

R C Honey wrote:
BTW, I'm pro-choice with a ton of gray area OR I'm pro-life with a ton of gray area.
What's the name for middle?
I'm truly pro-life, therefore, I'm pro-choice.

The term for the middle is 'undecided'.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you make pasta sauce out of fresh tomatoes?
If you did can I get on your holiday gift giving list?
Or....hot hot peppers, they are always appreciated!
I usually use the canned ones for pasta sauce...those fresh ones are too good to waste in sauce. I just eat 'em, like apples, or toss 'em in a salad. But sometimes I fry the green ones, if hubby wants - they're not my favorite, but he LOVES them. Had to get his mom to show me her coating recipe. If you want it, I'll be happy to pass it along.

:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

R C Honey wrote:
Damn, one last thing, that request from her wasn't done out of 'friendship' it was done out of malice.
I don't f*ck my friends.
Trolls don't have friends...they have targets.

You missed.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the idea that people who are speaking realistically about pregnancy are all negative about the experience couldn't be further from the truth. I think they are simply countering the whole *rainbows and glitter* mentality with...well...reality.
As I mentioned earlier, I had one pregnancy that was a breeze, but it ended with a c-section, which is major abdominal surgery, and my recovery was long and painful. My second pregnancy was high-risk and difficult. For months I had severe back pain. I couldn't sit, lay down or even stand without being in agony. I barely slept for more than an hour at a time for several months. Every minute of the day was filled with pain. So am I supposed to act like it was fun just to satisfy the delusional among us? Am I supposed to lie to younger women who ask what pregnancy is like and sugercoat the whole experience? No, I tell the good parts and I tell the bad parts and I tell that everyone is different and each experience is different because that is the truth.
I won't tell people that every pregnancy is hard just because that was my experience, just like these fools should not tell other women their own experience will be/should be all "glowing" and wonderful and unicorns dancing on rainbows just because that was their individual personal experience.
So in short, I think you may be right.

The so-called 'pro-life' among us, barren or otherwise, are an over-emotional lot, with a penchant for fantasizing about the pregnancies of others.

The ones who claim their pregnancies were 9 months of unrelieved ecstasy, are just liars.

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I usually use the canned ones for pasta sauce...those fresh ones are too good to waste in sauce. I just eat 'em, like apples, or toss 'em in a salad. But sometimes I fry the green ones, if hubby wants - they're not my favorite, but he LOVES them. Had to get his mom to show me her coating recipe. If you want it, I'll be happy to pass it along.
Thanks for the offer...but NO!:)

This is all I want to do with Fried Green Tomatoes!!

Love this part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

One's experience during pregnancy is just that, an individual's experience. None of us has the right to try to pretend that our own experience is the same for all, or most, women. OR than any woman who has a different experience is not normal.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>:)
The so-called 'pro-life' among us, barren or otherwise, are an over-emotional lot, with a penchant for fantasizing about the pregnancies of others.
The ones who claim their pregnancies were 9 months of unrelieved ecstasy, are just liars.
And let's be real...how many 1st trimester pregnant woman have you known who were sick as a dog every day and saying they couldn't wait to get past the morning sickness? How many 3rd trimester women have you heard complaining about back pain, cramps, a constantly full bladder, headaches, swollen joints, braxton-Hicks pain, etc?

These PLers act like it's a crime to be honest about the downsides of pregnancy and labor. No woman is glowing when her head is constantly over the toilet. Few women sit around all made-up and cheerful while they're pushing an 8 pounder through their narrow canal.

Pregnancy can be very uncomfortable and labor can be long and painful. But that doesn't mean we hate our kids.

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> John...sweetie...this above post was indeed well thought out(I am sure). I didn't mean to take you by surprise but what I did say was the truth. You support /agree with restricting a womans choice when YOU think her deadline should be. You are voicing your opinion on a woman pregnancy choices therefore,which makes you anti-choice.
Oh darling John,we have so much in common. We are both anti-choice. Our only difference is,you support her right to abort in the first trimester ONLY.
Enjoying our cold weather? BRRRRRR right?
Ah, my dearest "Sassafrass," truth be told, there are merely two things that we have in common: we both live on Long Island, and we both post on this Topix thread from time to time.
There, I daresay, is where the commonalities end. Your being sure that my post to you was "well thought out," tells me one of two possibilities; you didn't bother to read it, you didn't understand any of what you did read--far be it from me to guess which is the likelier...
Your perception of what is "truth" is unique to say the least. The problem is that it doesn't happen to gel with reality. Oh, I'm well aware that the rules that govern your universe are vastly different from those that are generally accepted by the rest of us and realize that any attempt to convince you of this will be nothing less than a waste of my, your, and everyone else's time.
I've stated, more times than I care to recall, that as far as a woman deciding whether or not to carry a pregnancy to term is her decision. Not mine, nor anyone else's. Nor, as a male, do I believe I ought to have any say in her decision.
Your determination to equate people being in favor of having reasonable restrictions in place regarding when/why an abortion ought to be performed with being "anti-choice," is a problem that affects only you and the most extreme elements in your camp.
It really doesn't bother the rest of us all that much--I can only speak for myself of course, but I highly doubt that anyone else on the PC side of the aisle is much interested in what your opinion or perception of us happens to be.
No, I can't say I'm much enjoying the change in the weather; winter happens to be my least favorite season. The only plus...it gives me an excuse to make a nice steaming mug of hot-buttered-spiced-rum!

Best, J.K.
;)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the offer...but NO!:)
This is all I want to do with Fried Green Tomatoes!!
Love this part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
TAWANDA!!!!!!!!!!

(Love it.)

One of my all-time favorite movies.

yes siree

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

agreed playa

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>TAWANDA!!!!!!!!!!
(Love it.)
One of my all-time favorite movies.
It's a great one. And I would LOVE the recipe. I love fried green tomatoes, but have never tried to actually make them myself :)
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>

Not for anyone other than myself.Friggin' hypocrite.
Are you not deciding for the fetus/baby?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>My take on that is this: there should be no religious exemptions to any laws whatsoever. Why should I have to follow any law for which there is a religious exemption, just because I don't believe in a specific 'god' or any 'god' at all?
It's total bullshyte.
The law should apply to everyone, regardless of religious beliefs.
Period.
And here's another thing that bugs me no end: most of the so-called 'Christian' employers who object to providing employees with health insurance covering contraception or abortion, are wailing and gnashing their collective teeth over a provision in the ACA which exempts Muslims from having to provide insurance for employees AT ALL, because of .... wait for it... THEIR RELIGION.
In other words, they want THEIR religious exemption, but disagree that those who follow a DIFFERENT religion, should be exempt on religious grounds.
Fuggin' hypocrites...
What is the Muslim objection to health care?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Ad hominem -- Appealing to people's emotions and prejudices instead of their ability to think.
btw, she's full of crap when she was administered NO pain meds during a C-section. Ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 35 min Yeah 1,083,777
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 224,606
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Fight On 26,736
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) 13 hr Robert Z 278
K-State's Stephen Hurt adapting to new surround... Tue Monica 2
loan offer with low interest Mon Pastor james 1
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Jul 27 engd 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••