Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317577 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#317199 Nov 30, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>So fetuses conceived in rape aren't human. Got it.
Wow, some set of morals you got there, bud.
No, I believe it to mean that sometimes life isn't fair. In in those cases,(IMO) life isn't fair, and not many people would blame them for ending their pregnancy due to that situation.

Fetuses conceived in rape? Sucks to be them with the chances they have on surviving! Is it their fault? No... and too bad

Location hidden

#317200 Nov 30, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
And that's great...that's what choice is all about. You chose to carry to term, including the risks. Other women choose differently.
<quoted text>
No,,, not about the pregnancy. I just can't wrap my finger around how hard motherhood is, and the whoas me in that department, that's all.

Location hidden

#317201 Nov 30, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Men have absolutely NO legal responsibility whatsoever during pregnancy. If she racks up thousands of dollars in medical bills during pregnancy, he doesn't have to pay a dime. He isn't even responsible for birthing expenses.
<quoted text>
And then we get into the definition of a real man. That's true Cpete, absolutely, but if they don't step up to the plate, I would never consider them a 'real' man.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#317202 Nov 30, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>oh, and better friends than anyone seems to know? Ya, NO
So, you're not trolling buddies wreaking havoc in the forums for sh*ts and grins?
katie

Tacoma, WA

#317203 Nov 30, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Oh for crying out loud, I'm not LES!
Funny, I seem to recall -- a bit fuzzily mind you -- you admitted to being Leslie way back when. Now you're not? Then where did she go? Wouldn't "cousins" have a blast together in this forum, like the good ol' days? One PC, one PL ... both on the fence? Isn't that how it was?
katie

Tacoma, WA

#317204 Nov 30, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I realize that not everyone is the same, but I also stated that the 'risks' I took were the same. I had pretty much the same risks as most women do going into a pregnancy, and at some point near the end, my risks were higher than others.
My personal experiences are very much similar to most, that was my point.
Like other PLErs, your pregnancy experiences are universal? If it didn't happen to you, it doesn't happen to anyone?
katie

Tacoma, WA

#317205 Nov 30, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
And then we get into the definition of a real man. That's true Cpete, absolutely, but if they don't step up to the plate, I would never consider them a 'real' man.
Cptr feeds you a fact that expectant fathers have no responsibility during pregnancy (if they're not already married to the pregnant woman) and you come back with what? How things should be in a perfect world?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#317206 Nov 30, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Cptr feeds you a fact that expectant fathers have no responsibility during pregnancy (if they're not already married to the pregnant woman) and you come back with what? How things should be in a perfect world?
That is the dumbest thing that I've ever heard Cpeter say. BOTH mom and dad have a responsibility towards the child that they created. Just because some single women choose to sleep with some dirtbag loser who shuns his responibility,doesn't make it a fact what he said. Of course the woman is carrying the child,but the man should be there emotionally,financially,physic ally.

What's wrong with living by some moral code that can't make this happen. Ya know what? Why can't women respect themselves and their bodies? I bet most men would respect them in turn. BOTH should think twice before becoming sexually involved. WHY would you be sleeping with a guy who you wouldn't want to raise a child with? Or spend the rest of your life with?.Aint no man gonna respect a woman who doesn't respect herself.

You people always want to view the world as half full.I wonder why you can't change this negative image? People need to start taking responsibility for their actions and maybe we wouldn't have such chaos in this world. REAL men respect women enough to not allow them to get into a bad situation. If by chance they fall into temptation,then they need to stand up and take responsibility for their actions.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#317207 Nov 30, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Like other PLErs, your pregnancy experiences are universal? If it didn't happen to you, it doesn't happen to anyone?
It sure does seem like you proabort women are the biggest complainers. Now of course pregnancy is different for many. NOBODY ever said that pregnancy was super easy,but you people act like it is a disease that is killing you.It's ALL negative experiences for you.

It's like you want to paint motherhood/pregnancy as a negative experience to somehow ease your consciences.

Hey,I experienced HORRIBLE pain(with NO pain meds) with my deliveries and Csections,but afterward I held my baby and the memory of those hours disappeared. You people just want to view the experiences as negative all around. You all act like it's a near death experience with EVERY pregnancy you have.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#317208 Nov 30, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, my darling "Sassafrazzle," looking back, I can't believe I didn't run this by you first.
I mean, with your extensive history with people who've undergone this sort of dilemma, why didn't I first consult you?
With your illuminating words, it all becomes so clear...
I've obviously been a hypocrite my entire life!
I certainly appreciate a martini now and again, a glass of good wine, a mug of good ale or hard cider when the weather gets to be a tad chill. Yet I'm a hypocrite for thinking that it's a good thing that we've laws in place to prevent children from doing the same.
I'm most definitely hypocritical in that every single day, I exercise my privilege to drive, but happen to agree that we have such things as, "rules of the road," speed limits, seat-belts, State-wide inspections--I mean, really, if I was truly into "driver freedom," why would I care whether or not someone else's car had brakes, headlights, a working horn, or driving after imbibing...
Oh, thanks for reminding me, I did smoke, but quit ten years ago, yet despite its obvious health hazards, why don't we allow children to buy cigarettes--freedom to choose eh?
I simply can't believe how hypocritical I've been.
Thanks, my love, for showing me just how short-sighted my ways have been.
Still friends...?
SMOOCH!
May all of your wishes come true at once!
;)
John...sweetie...this above post was indeed well thought out(I am sure). I didn't mean to take you by surprise but what I did say was the truth. You support /agree with restricting a womans choice when YOU think her deadline should be. You are voicing your opinion on a woman pregnancy choices therefore,which makes you anti-choice.

Oh darling John,we have so much in common. We are both anti-choice. Our only difference is,you support her right to abort in the first trimester ONLY.

Enjoying our cold weather? BRRRRRR right?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#317209 Nov 30, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Would they have had the nerve to begin it on Thanksgiving day if people like you hadn't been enriching them for years?
It is not irrelevant, it is very pertinent, when they've been steadily moving it back in time for at least the last 13 years. And even then, when do you think the employees work to get READY for the sales beginning at fricken MIDNIGHT, you Moron?
Yeah, right. YOU don't shop on Black Friday? Uh huh. That why, TWICE, you took exception to me criticizing people who shop on Black Friday?
Give it up, Liar. You're fooling no one.
Hope your not shopping today. It's clearly still "black friday" to you. LOL.

I am not sure why you think that I shop on black friday OR why if I did,that I'd be hiding it? NOTHING is wrong with shopping on the day after Thanksgiving. You are under the impression that they are getting for black friday ONLY on thanksgiving which is silly. EVEN if they did,that's not "friday" shoppers fault or concern. NOTHING we can do about it. In fact today is still considered"black friday" with their sales.

You are too dumb to comprehend that THANKSGIVING shopping in leiu of spending the day with family and loved ones,is what I think is wrong. NOT "black friday sales" on friday or saturday or sunday.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#317210 Nov 30, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Well dollink, since you're here, day in, day out, ad nauseum, what does this say about YOU?
<quoted text>Hey stupid - yeah, you in the back: I already have that right.
No need to 'fight' for it, that I can see. It's not going anywhere.
You're fighting the majority of folks in the USA, for the right to strip 51% of the population of our rights to self-defense, personal risk assessment, and bodily/medical autonomy.
Have fun with that.
Playa honey,can't you pay attention for once without jumping down my throat? I was referring to proabort women who spend their every day on abortion forums fighting for the right to kill their child or anothers. THIS shows a woman who has no respect for human life ESPECIALLY her own.

Btw...MOST proabort friends of yours agree/support restricting a womans immoral right to abort after the first trimester. THEY also want to strip you women from your so called "bodily/medical autonomy".
You're A-OK with that though,aren't you ;)

Location hidden

#317211 Nov 30, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're not trolling buddies wreaking havoc in the forums for sh*ts and grins?
No! I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm a troll, but I do quite well on my own in that department, by myself!

The others that you mentioned, are way too heavily involved on the issue, and they just aren't my style. I've been on here for years, most know my stance. I'm done, but I like playing the part of fifth business, and will still, occasionally put my two cents in.

I've crossed lines, you know it, and I know it. But not once, have I or will I EVER cross a certain line, and that one line that I will never cross has to do with what you decided so long ago, hence my snapping at sassy. As heartless as I may sometimes look, I could never even try to use a woman's decision against her for having an abortion. Especially AFTER the fact. I'd be a hypocrite in stating I'm pro-life, I'm a hypocrite stating I'm pro-choice. I have a lot of gray....and I don't know what the hell category I fall into
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#317212 Nov 30, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Why? Aren't the little rape-babies human too?
Yes,they are. No child is responsible for the actions of their parents. They don't deserve to die because their biological father is a madman rapist no more or less then a child conceived in marriage by a selfish,A-hole biological father who was drunk and forced his wife to have sex. There are people out there who have the worst fathers and mothers in the world and yet,they have value and worth. The way one was conceived is irrelevent that new human beings life. Unfortunately for the woman who was brutally raped by this monster,she had to endure such horror and violation. SHE and her conceived child are innocent.

Location hidden

#317213 Nov 30, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, I seem to recall -- a bit fuzzily mind you -- you admitted to being Leslie way back when. Now you're not? Then where did she go? Wouldn't "cousins" have a blast together in this forum, like the good ol' days? One PC, one PL ... both on the fence? Isn't that how it was?
I'm not going to name names, but I have one on here that is a facebook friend, and she sees that Leslie does in fact exist, and is my cousin.

I'm thinking your memory may be that I finally said, ya, sure, were the same person, whatcha gonna do about it, to screw with someone.((snicker snicker)) whatever

But for the last time, I'm not Les.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#317214 Nov 30, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you are.
<quoted text>Sure you do.
<quoted text>Your left-over family, the ones who have the stomach to eat your baked roadkill, and put up with your braying...lemme guess....your flaky aunt, your drunken cousin, and your pervy uncle. Did you fall asleep in the gravy again this year, after drinking the lions share of the case of Mad Dog 20/20 you laid by for the holidays?
<quoted text>Nope.
<quoted text>Yep. I'm a 'real' woman.
Started in August, and have been done for a couple months now.
Try not to snort while you eat....it's SO unattractive.
Umm...Miss "I am a real woman because I make homemade crafts for people", you STILL had to purchase your supplies from a store silly. Unless of course you are a Genie and blinked up those supplies?

Not the ''REAL'' woman that you THOUGHT you were,now ARE you?

LOL

Location hidden

#317215 Nov 30, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, after the fact

Location hidden

#317216 Nov 30, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, and in my world, if a man doesn't step up to the plate, he's not a real man.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#317218 Nov 30, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>No! I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm a troll, but I do quite well on my own in that department, by myself!
The others that you mentioned, are way too heavily involved on the issue, and they just aren't my style. I've been on here for years, most know my stance. I'm done, but I like playing the part of fifth business, and will still, occasionally put my two cents in.
I've crossed lines, you know it, and I know it. But not once, have I or will I EVER cross a certain line, and that one line that I will never cross has to do with what you decided so long ago, hence my snapping at sassy. As heartless as I may sometimes look, I could never even try to use a woman's decision against her for having an abortion. Especially AFTER the fact. I'd be a hypocrite in stating I'm pro-life, I'm a hypocrite stating I'm pro-choice. I have a lot of gray....and I don't know what the hell category I fall into
You'd do well to stay within your own boundaries. Me personally,I am addressing truth and what people are saying and doing TODAY,not what they DID years ago. This is an abortion forum and I am here to defend the lives of those who can't defend themselves OR honor the memories of those who died at the hands of their mothers as "choice" as they CONTINUE to fight for the right for more human lives to be killed as choice.

Location hidden

#317219 Nov 30, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you attach a negative to pregnancy in general? I seem to get that from you a lot. You assume the worst,,, and when a woman expects support, you're suddenly accusing her wanting to live in a perfect world that doesn't exist, and that's just never gonna happen. For what? For expecting that? Support from a man that will step up to the plate? You assume hardship, abandonment, no support, being alone (imo), and I'm sorry if I don't see it that way for the most part. Give me stats all you want, but keep in mind, I can give stats to state otherwise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 45 min Reality Check 1,602,222
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr Fugsworth 11,572
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr LMFAO phart 34,230
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,485
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 11 Rose of Tralee 201,880
More from around the web