Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,110
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“qui tacet consentire ”

Since: Oct 12

Detroit

#316999 Nov 28, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pap smears usually come with a rectal exam. He would need medication to get over the trauma. Not to mention what menstrual, cramps, labor, and child birth would do to him.
Believe me, most men, if we could, would do it without all the whining and drama.
katie

Seattle, WA

#317000 Nov 28, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>Legally, the State has that authority, it's interest in protecting life, which Roe v Wade determined extends to a potential life. Morally, well that's subjective, but abortion is about killing a developing fetus so there is more than just the woman's whims involved once conception has taken place.
The medical definition of abortion is pregnancy ending prior to term. That's it. No drama like, "...abortion is about killing a developing fetus..." No exaggerations.
katie

Seattle, WA

#317001 Nov 29, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>So tell me, as a woman, do you expect every man who is the father of a child to provide support for that child, even if he didnít expect the woman to get pregnant? I do, as a man, I have always known that any time I had sex there was a chance she might get pregnant and I would at the very least be responsible to support that child, or even raise that child if necessary.
<quoted text>Again, slaves didnít make the conscience choices to put them self in jeopardy of becoming slaves. That analogy is a bit ridiculous to me.
<quoted text>And what's amusing about it? It's not just her body, it's also about killing a living, developing human fetus. Even Roe v Wade acknowledged that there were more considerations that just "her body".
<quoted text>lol, give me a break, all this complaining about making women slaves and subjecting them to exams because they are women and men canít understand....
Look, many men have given their lives defending this society, some drafted with no choice at all, and I've never heard one vet complain that he was a slave. You're trying to portray a woman who had consensual sex and got pregnant, and then decided to terminate a living human fetus, out to be the victim. That wonít sell with any PL people and probably not with most PC people either. Seriously, in cases of consensual sex, where the woman and the fetus are healthy, the victim of abortion is the fetus, and it's potential life, not the woman.
Regarding this, "So tell me, as a woman, do you expect every man who is the father of a child to provide support for that child, even if he didnít expect the woman to get pregnant?"

The states "expect" every man to provide support for their child. Even when the women involved don't want it. Same for the single fathers in America -- and they're more stubborn about not wanting child support from women.

Along the slavery line, here's a false premise provided by the PLM -- attaching a value to the fetus above and beyond what the individual woman gives it. When you do that, because human beings are priceless, you provide an opportunity to attach a set value to the pregnant woman. That, in turn, equates her to a commodity like coffee. Something that can be bought and sold for trade. That is the definition of slavery when attached to people. Especially when attached to their newborns.

Well I've got to get ready for work. Back later.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#317002 Nov 29, 2013
RvW protects state interest, not the fetus. No state has to stop abortion at any point, and can only intervene during or after the 24th week. They cannot stop an abortion deemed medically necessary. In the first trimester, the woman doesn't even have to give a reason.
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>Legally, the State has that authority, it's interest in protecting life, which Roe v Wade determined extends to a potential life. Morally, well that's subjective, but abortion is about killing a developing fetus so there is more than just the woman's whims involved once conception has taken place.

Indianapolis

#317003 Nov 29, 2013
Yes, it's a fetus. Not everybody considers a fetus to be as important as you do; even you say it's a potential life.

Maybe you don't remember Vietnam, but there was a LOT of discussion wbout the draft being a form of slavery.

Consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy.
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>So tell me, as a woman, do you expect every man who is the father of a child to provide support for that child, even if he didnít expect the woman to get pregnant? I do, as a man, I have always known that any time I had sex there was a chance she might get pregnant and I would at the very least be responsible to support that child, or even raise that child if necessary.
<quoted text>Again, slaves didnít make the conscience choices to put them self in jeopardy of becoming slaves. That analogy is a bit ridiculous to me.
<quoted text>And what's amusing about it? It's not just her body, it's also about killing a living, developing human fetus. Even Roe v Wade acknowledged that there were more considerations that just "her body".
<quoted text>lol, give me a break, all this complaining about making women slaves and subjecting them to exams because they are women and men canít understand....
Look, many men have given their lives defending this society, some drafted with no choice at all, and I've never heard one vet complain that he was a slave. You're trying to portray a woman who had consensual sex and got pregnant, and then decided to terminate a living human fetus, out to be the victim. That wonít sell with any PL people and probably not with most PC people either. Seriously, in cases of consensual sex, where the woman and the fetus are healthy, the victim of abortion is the fetus, and it's potential life, not the woman.

Indianapolis

#317004 Nov 29, 2013
That's YOUR moral argument; others see it differently. Saying her decisions end at pregnancy is quite IMMORAL to many people.
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text> I understand that most abortions are not done on a "whim", but when someone argues "her body her decision" that's what the argument equates to, no other considerations but her personal desires. I donít see protecting human life as playing "God" though, it's in our interest as a society. The legal argument is that the fetus is not a citizen protected under the constitution until it is born, the moral argument is that it is a developing human fetus with a good potential for life and deserves considerations as well. The "my body my decision" ends when a woman has consensual sex and becomes pregnant.

Indianapolis

#317005 Nov 29, 2013
Oh, BS. Most men I know become helpless children at the first sniffle, and fear rectal exams so much they won't schedule checkups.
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>Believe me, most men, if we could, would do it without all the whining and drama.
I jus go pregnant

San Jose, CA

#317006 Nov 29, 2013
can i kill that little bastard
Gtown71

United States

#317010 Nov 29, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
We never stay the same...over the years we change and change and change.
No doubt very much in just about every way, BUT do you not think people have a certain "core" value system that rarely ever changes?

Peace lady :)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#317011 Nov 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Well. I actually bought some generic eye drops, which cost over 4 bucks!! 1-2 bucks elsewhere, at Walgreens tonight, after being summoned to work on my night off, and after not sleeping any last night due to one sick little girl :(
Gonna be a loooong 12 hours, but hey I'm half way there!:)
Yet one tired puppy!!!! Being here all alone due to heating issues isn't helping matters.:(
1 Gtown, with 1 large empty building , with NOOO SLEEP = a mess!!! Lol
The eye drops are needed!!!
I missed out on all the 50" TVs for 10 bucks! Lol
That's a sorry way to end your holiday.:(

What do you do for a living?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#317012 Nov 29, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, so in other words my PL post didnít meet your extremist views? Well, what matters in this country is our laws and court decisions. Roe v Wade refers to the considerations of the fetus as the State's interest to protect life, including ďpotential lifeĒ, that's what's relevant here, and why I refer to it as such.
How do you reconcile the idea of giving the z/e/f rights without usurping the woman's rights?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#317013 Nov 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt very much in just about every way, BUT do you not think people have a certain "core" value system that rarely ever changes?
Peace lady :)
Yes, I do...unless something so traumatic happens that it changes a person's "core" value system. There are parts of ourselves that we'll always fall back on...things familiar to us, and I think the way we change revolves around that "core" like the planets revolve around the Sun.

Peace to you, too...

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#317014 Nov 29, 2013
Gee, I have to wonder how many of the so-called pro-life people who whined about stores being open on Thanksgiving are out there now, pushing and shoving and possible trampling people in order to save a few measly bucks on a computer or DVD player?

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#317015 Nov 29, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
So tell me, as a woman, do you expect every man who is the father of a child to provide support for that child, even if he didnít expect the woman to get pregnant? I do, as a man, I have always known that any time I had sex there was a chance she might get pregnant and I would at the very least be responsible to support that child, or even raise that child if necessary.
Again, slaves didnít make the conscience choices to put them self in jeopardy of becoming slaves. That analogy is a bit ridiculous to me.
lol, give me a break, all this complaining about making women slaves and subjecting them to exams because they are women and men canít understand....
_Bad Axe wrote:
A man pays nothing during pregnancy, the woman carries the entire medical/physical and financial burden. If birth takes place then the state requires financial support from BOTH parties. The woman ends up with the heavier burden of finances and HER time involved raising the child. EVERY woman I know who is a single mom or divorced receives minimal if any support from the father, nor are the fathers spending EQUAL time raising their kids. So please, spare me the he-man boast until you manage to get all your "brothers" in line. What you do as an individual is exactly that. However you do not treat women as individuals if you if you wish to limit choice and reduce them to baby factories for the "state". I am sure the south thought slavery was for the betterment of the state and society.
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>
As your analogy that women must produce against their best interests with no benefit to themselves is ridiculous to me.

slave (slv)
n.
1. One bound in servitude as the property of a person or household.
2. One who is abjectly subservient to a specified person or influence:
3. One who works extremely hard.
4. A machine or component controlled by another machine or component.
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, amusing that you as a man would contend that it is NOT about her body. The fact that you dismiss her entire involvement in the process amuses me, Who becomes pregnant? It is also about her heath and welfare and who is in charge of her health and welfare? The state? You? OR her?

As for the rest of your post men did highly object to the draft, why and how do you think it was overturned. The draft ended on Jan. 27, 1973 RvW was enacted on January 22, 1973. 1973 was a great year, wasn't it?

Minneapolis

#317016 Nov 29, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
A woman/girl who becomes pregnant against her will and best interests (including rape) has the right to make a decision. To eliminate that decision and forgo her best interests and demand that she bring forth with no benefit to herself makes her a slave to the "state" and a commodity of. There is no argument no matter how you try to make one.

Also those who enter the military on their own free will have made the decision to possibly put their life on the line. I believe their is life long benefits for the military also...right? You never know, not Sex is a crap shoot even when taking precautions.

Minneapolis

#317017 Nov 29, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>Believe me, most men, if we could, would do it without all the whining and drama.
LOL!!! No I don't believe you. I know first hand what babies men become when the have a sniffle. The first menstrual cramp to their balls would render them incapacitated.

Whining and drama?

For your enjoyment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Minneapolis

#317018 Nov 29, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you reconcile the idea of giving the z/e/f rights without usurping the woman's rights?
Can't wait for this answer!!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#317019 Nov 29, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text> I understand that most abortions are not done on a "whim", but
"my body my decision" ends when a woman has consensual sex and becomes pregnant.
Consent to sex is NOT consent to pregnancy. One cannot give consent to another person's medical condition.

I can't wait for so-called 'pro-life' men to get what they keep asking for: NO SEX unless their partner WANTS to be pregnant. Period. Would you be willing to sign a pre-sex agreement rendering you legally and financially responsible for a pregnancy, every time you get your willie wet?

I seriously doubt it.

You'll all become intimately connected to your hands.

Have fun with that.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#317021 Nov 29, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! No I don't believe you. I know first hand what babies men become when the have a sniffle. The first menstrual cramp to their balls would render them incapacitated.
Whining and drama?
For your enjoyment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fl21j_py1rMXX
Two hours they lasted. Men really don't have a clue, and any claims that they could take the pain better than women merit nothing more than derisive laughter.

Minneapolis

#317022 Nov 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Consent to sex is NOT consent to pregnancy. One cannot give consent to another person's medical condition.
I can't wait for so-called 'pro-life' men to get what they keep asking for: NO SEX unless their partner WANTS to be pregnant. Period. Would you be willing to sign a pre-sex agreement rendering you legally and financially responsible for a pregnancy, every time you get your willie wet?
I seriously doubt it.
You'll all become intimately connected to your hands.
Have fun with that.
That would make them think twice! No sex unless the woman/girl wishes to become pregnant! Can you imagine the outrage? But you are exactly right, it is what they are asking for!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 min Brew In 28,493
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 51 min Richardfs 233,181
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 52 min Yeah 1,156,210
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 3 hr yinefsfgd 3
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 20 hr Earthling-1 2,741
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 22 hr zubedaanur 693
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Dec 25 ivyawe 1
More from around the web