Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313626 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Havertown, PA

#316899 Nov 27, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You see insults and put downs where none exist.
I have plenty to be thankful. Some would say it take the experience of loss to appreciate what you have.
Reread your post to me. Nevermind, it doesn't matter. If you live for any length of time you will experience losses. We all do.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316900 Nov 27, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
IT IS HER PERSONAL STORY.
It is her experience her body and her set of emotions in play.
You people are so fcked in the head that you eliminate the "woman/girl" from the scenario entirely as though she is nothing...just a machine, who walks around in a fetus fog and can't find her ass with both hands. BUT then at some point she is suppose to feel be oozing with all this love and affection and entirely dismiss herself from the experience.
Do you people ever listen to yourself? You are the most judgemental intolerant uncomprehending unsympathetic woman hating ass holes that call themselves christian. Then you sit around wondering why christians get bashed. Now you know. You need to take a good hard look in a mirror.
I have a friend who would say, "you breathe because the air is free."

Katie is very much in this senario in which she expresses great loss for her child who died young because she misses her and all the things she would do if she was still alive. Very understandable.
At the same time she doesn't miss anything that Aaron would do in his life because she didn't know him even though his little body has maybe been useful in medical research. My 'Christian" way would be to consider both lives as having contributed to the world, her daughters to Katie's world and her son's to the rest of the world.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#316901 Nov 27, 2013

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#316902 Nov 27, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
IT IS HER PERSONAL STORY.
It is her experience her body and her set of emotions in play.
You people are so fcked in the head that you eliminate the "woman/girl" from the scenario entirely as though she is nothing...just a machine, who walks around in a fetus fog and can't find her ass with both hands. BUT then at some point she is suppose to feel be oozing with all this love and affection and entirely dismiss herself from the experience.
Do you people ever listen to yourself? You are the most judgemental intolerant uncomprehending unsympathetic woman hating ass holes that call themselves christian. Then you sit around wondering why christians get bashed. Now you know. You need to take a good hard look in a mirror.
Bravo!!!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#316903 Nov 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The neck?:)
Of course - nobody ever got pregnant that way.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgive me, but I thought from your post that abortion or not would no longer be an issue for you.
What makes you think that?

Still fertile, still having (married) sex, and if confronted with another toxic pregnancy, would not attempt gestation.

Next...

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#316904 Nov 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie is very much in this senario in which she expresses great loss for her child who died young because she misses her and all the things she would do if she was still alive. Very understandable.
At the same time she doesn't miss anything that Aaron would do in his life because she didn't know him even though his little body has maybe been useful in medical research. My 'Christian" way would be to consider both lives as having contributed to the world, her daughters to Katie's world and her son's to the rest of the world.
OH BULLSHIT! Your back peddling and excuses don't cut it.

You can take you christian judgmental ways and shove it straight up your ass. When you have walked a mile in her shoes you get to have an opinion on how YOU feel, BUT you have NO right to criticize or demean her for her own views and feelings on her OWN experience. You and your pals certainly like to pretend you are so above the rest when you are SO beneath. You have no humanity, and certainly no common sense. What you do have is a hatred for women. You have been trained well by your circus leaders/church leaders in your feeble attempt at guilt tripping.

Her fetus died in utero, how the fck are you suppose to miss something that NEVER WAS???? YOU people are ridiculous to say the least.
Gtown71

United States

#316905 Nov 27, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question. Disallowing choice would not be taking women/girls for granted? That is the utmost of being taken for granted. As I stated before if you are going to treat the situation as a woman/girls "duty" then IT IS in NO uncertain terms taking her for granted....it reduces her to a slave. She deserves a choice, not a mandate stating what she MUST do. It is HER body, her health, her risk and her decision.
Mam, I hate to be the one that breaks the news to you, but most men who are all for abortion at will, are not looking at the womens health. They simply want a way out if she does get pregnant. More and more men don't want to commit to one woman in marriage for life. I was one of those men. My wife and I had lived together over three years, and moved 4 times, purchasing our first place while still not married. I wasn't becouse she wanted it that way.

Men do have influence over their spouse, or WOMAN , and you know this to be true in most cases.

They take them for granted, play head games, etc....

Most women who leave their Man, and obtain another Man, in many many cases find they have traded one man for another man.

As long as you look to any man to make you happy, or for your happiness, you will be disappointed. And it goes the other way.

It took me many years to truly appreciate and love my wife, and for that I am sorry, and ashamed, but without the love of God in one's heart, they simply cannot love the way the should, as much as you and many others who read this will disagree.

I did not say without going to church, reading bibles, or any other thing.

I said without God in their heart, they simply cannot do it. Even though there are those who appear to do it well. I'm sure you've heard about that couple that you just couldn't believe right?

Abortion does help a woman for the moment in many ways, but just like any drug that helps, it comes with side effects. Some you hardly notice, but others you do.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#316906 Nov 27, 2013
You stay safe and sober too. BTW...the last drink I had was a glass of champagne last new year's eve. Never acquired a fondness for booze.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok :)
Not that it matters to ya, but they posted as God.
There is a difference.(:
Happy. Thanksgiving cpeter, and may you keep cpeter sober.
If not able to, then keep him from car keys and facebook. Lol

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#316907 Nov 27, 2013
Dibs!
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gets to define what is normal and what isn't?
Gtown71

United States

#316908 Nov 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
I just lol.. lol

Well atleast when I get sick of all the family love I can still go to walmart, and buy me some oil and car parts at O'Reilly's tmrw :)
Gtown71

United States

#316909 Nov 27, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You stay safe and sober too. BTW...the last drink I had was a glass of champagne last new year's eve. Never acquired a fondness for booze.
<quoted text>
I've had my struggles, but never to fond of booze either, and very thankful!!
That stuff is easily available, and cheap.

I watch over 92 men, who are in prison becouse of drugs or booze, and they remind me everyday of what could've been. I see them as men, and nothing less. Many very smart, but simply made dumb choices, and got caught, since most of us men have made dumb choices.:)

I don't look down on them, and know that I could be right there with them.
When I was younger - I would've said there's no way I would do this or that. As I got older I started running out of things that I said I would never do.

I've never done any illegal drugs like cocaine or meth, but I'm not stupid to the fact, that I would probably love both or anything else out there.

I read where Alaska state troopers who deal with meth lab bust, must complete a course, where they each must master the art of making meth. They say it is to help them understand the process they deal with. I say it is a very stupid thing to do, since no matter who a man is, he's still just a man :)
But they don't ask my advice.

Many are thinking (neither do we!!) Lol

Hope you day is well tmrw, and if you need a water pump for you vehicle ,or just an air filter - O'Reilly's will be open :)
Gtown71

United States

#316911 Nov 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course - nobody ever got pregnant that way.
<quoted text>What makes you think that?
Still fertile, still having (married) sex, and if confronted with another toxic pregnancy, would not attempt gestation.
Next...
My bad, thought you were older.

Hope all is well with you and yours tmrw.
Smell the dressing - feel the love :)

Do they still put the turkeys neck inside it, with the little bag of "stuff"? Lol

“qui tacet consentire ”

Since: Oct 12

Detroit

#316912 Nov 27, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question. Disallowing choice would not be taking women/girls for granted? That is the utmost of being taken for granted. As I stated before if you are going to treat the situation as a woman/girls "duty" then IT IS in NO uncertain terms taking her for granted....it reduces her to a slave. She deserves a choice, not a mandate stating what she MUST do. It is HER body, her health, her risk and her decision.
So if a woman has consensual sex, knowing that a pregnancy is a possibility, and gets pregnant, you're going to compare her to a slave? That's a little dramatic aint it? Slaves were not responsible for being in the situation they were in. Terminating a living human fetus should require more considerations than simply "it's her body". It's not like she wore the wrong nail polish with her dress, to correct this "mistake" you suggest that terminating a potential life should be upon her whim?
Sure, there are times when abortion must be a necessary option, but a last option, not simply because a woman doesn’t want to be accountable or responsible for what she created.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#316913 Nov 27, 2013
Well I do declare, declare... how the heck have you been BA? I haven't seen you in ages! lol

I've been on and off, here and there, some of this, some of that! You know....

Location hidden

#316914 Nov 27, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Having sex doesn't define your orientation, your desires do. The question isn't whether I should be gay, straight, or bi, but whether if I'm the BEST gay, straight, or bi I can be?
<quoted text>
You're the best cpete! lol

Location hidden

#316915 Nov 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had my struggles, but never to fond of booze either, and very thankful!!
That stuff is easily available, and cheap.
I watch over 92 men, who are in prison becouse of drugs or booze, and they remind me everyday of what could've been. I see them as men, and nothing less. Many very smart, but simply made dumb choices, and got caught, since most of us men have made dumb choices.:)
I don't look down on them, and know that I could be right there with them.
When I was younger - I would've said there's no way I would do this or that. As I got older I started running out of things that I said I would never do.
I've never done any illegal drugs like cocaine or meth, but I'm not stupid to the fact, that I would probably love both or anything else out there.
I read where Alaska state troopers who deal with meth lab bust, must complete a course, where they each must master the art of making meth. They say it is to help them understand the process they deal with. I say it is a very stupid thing to do, since no matter who a man is, he's still just a man :)
But they don't ask my advice.
Many are thinking (neither do we!!) Lol
Hope you day is well tmrw, and if you need a water pump for you vehicle ,or just an air filter - O'Reilly's will be open :)
Thanks for sharing, have an awesome Thanks Giving! It's today or tomorrow, right? lol

Canadian....

“qui tacet consentire ”

Since: Oct 12

Detroit

#316916 Nov 27, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
Well I do declare, declare... how the heck have you been BA? I haven't seen you in ages! lol
I've been on and off, here and there, some of this, some of that! You know....
I've been well, thanks RC, and how the heck are you? Glad to see you're still here!

Location hidden

#316917 Nov 27, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>So if a woman has consensual sex, knowing that a pregnancy is a possibility, and gets pregnant, you're going to compare her to a slave? That's a little dramatic aint it? Slaves were not responsible for being in the situation they were in. Terminating a living human fetus should require more considerations than simply "it's her body". It's not like she wore the wrong nail polish with her dress, to correct this "mistake" you suggest that terminating a potential life should be upon her whim?
Sure, there are times when abortion must be a necessary option, but a last option, not simply because a woman doesn’t want to be accountable or responsible for what she created.
A tad extreme I agree.

Location hidden

#316918 Nov 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see anything wrong with what you wrote. Did I read it right? Good for you Ink, I liked what you wrote.
Gtown71

United States

#316919 Nov 27, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for sharing, have an awesome Thanks Giving! It's today or tomorrow, right? lol
Canadian....
You as well :)
It's now, or atleast I think it is. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Julia 1,507,844
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr Sport phartz 32,812
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,490
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
NCAA Basketball Tournament Feb 27 needhelp01 1
More from around the web