Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314356 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

katie

Tacoma, WA

#316879 Nov 27, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Lala's son is named Derek.
His name is familiar and well-known in this Abortion Forum.
That is too creepy, NR. It's not your place to name internet stranger's embryos without their consent.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316880 Nov 27, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's what you got from my post, you need to seriously brush up on your reading comprehension. The point, all along, has been the real differences between losing a pregnancy and losing a child. A lot of you equate these two separate events in your minds because you have no points of reference. None. So, those of us who have experienced both spontaneous abortion and death of a child will tell you what the differences are. It's up to you to listen.
Obviously you don't want to. You'd rather plug your ears with your fingers or bury your head in the sand. And then make up a bunch of nonsense about imagined inconsistencies.
Emotional attachment is your "difference" and that is understandable but it is not changing the fact that all were your offspring/children. Age,size,location,development stage of life,sex,etc....are irrelevent a well.

You back yourself into your own self-inflicted corner by humanizing your child when it suits you (naming them,thinking about what would have been had the survived the pregnancy,emotionally getting charged when PL'ers bring it up as you look forward to your Proabort friend defending you and calling us Xtians-which speaks volumes)and then minutes later,undoing it by referring to them as an "it"....a useless wad of cells.

Tell me,why do you proaborts get offended when I posted about Aaron? You called me names and so did others. Why? Sounds to me like I ruffled some feathers for a reason? Why the anger "IF" it is nothing?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#316881 Nov 27, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That is too creepy, NR. It's not your place to name internet stranger's embryos without their consent.
He's an *ss.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#316882 Nov 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we hold ourselves to a different standard. Most women who can take care of themselves can take care or a child too. There's no excuse not to give birth and find the best situation possible for the child. They don't know that if you put it in God's hands He WILL find the best solution for you. The problem is that they all think they are smarter than God.
I'm guessing you'd agree with this guy:

A conservative Christian leader says single moms should surrender their kids to Christian homes with two parents.

Right Wing Watch reports that Southern Baptist leader Richard Land is calling on single mothers to put up their kids for adoption so that Christian households with two parents can raise them.

In a November 23rd article published on The Christian Post, Land urges single mothers across the nation to stop being selfish and hand their kids over to good Christian parents so they can be raised properly, the way he thinks God intended.

“Keeping the baby is almost never preferable to allowing a baby to be adopted into a solid, faithful Christian home,” Land claims.“A single mother who keeps her baby is quite often denying that baby the father that God wants for that baby, and every baby, to have. Furthermore, in most circumstances, keeping the baby circumscribes and forecloses both the mother’s and the baby’s economic futures in tragic and unfortunate ways. If the mother is doing what is best for her baby (one of the defining marks of maternal love), she will part with her baby so that it will have the future God intended for him or her to have… Adoption allows the mother to give her child both a mother and a father who will love and cherish the child.”

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/11/27/singl...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#316883 Nov 27, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Psst....Playa? Your fellow proabort on here want to"stick their noses into your decisions" remember? They WANT to restrict your choices. They expect YOU and other women to "gestate every pregnancy"after the first trimester.
How freakin DARE,right?
:::gulp::::
Anyone and everyone here is entitled to their opinion, stinkyjm. Including you.

I hereby give you all unfettered permission to express their opinion(s) about my parenting choices....thing is, my fellow pro-choice posters are astute enough to know that

a) it's too late to change them now, even if I wanted to, and I don't,

and

b) their opinions, or yours, don't mean a tinker's damn to me.

Get bent.
Gtown71

United States

#316884 Nov 27, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The troll was posting as "god"; it's a name only christians use for their deity.
I claim nothing...I was playing into the poster's self-appointed deification.
<quoted text>
Ok :)

Not that it matters to ya, but they posted as God.
There is a difference.(:

Happy. Thanksgiving cpeter, and may you keep cpeter sober.
If not able to, then keep him from car keys and facebook. Lol
Gtown71

United States

#316885 Nov 27, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I'm saying she made her own choice without you "talking her out of it".
Well ultimately she was the one that had to make the choice, but all I know is, that her mother was taking her the following day on a girls "shopping" day out, and she broke down and told me that night, and after taking to her, she never went "shopping" :)

Again though it is all Glory to God, becouse I was in a world I had never been in, nor thought was real.

Before I was saved that night, I did believe in abortion, and I did think it was a great idea, so I was having to get used to this new heart I had put in me from God, while still in my sinful flesh. There's not another trip like it in this world, when you realize how wrong you were about the most important things in life.

Bad example, but you remember those weird posters that came out several years ago, that looked like just lines or whatever, just not much, but if you could let your eyes adjust, you could then see all kinds of cool things that were there all the time.

That's how it is with the unsaved. No matter how smart they are, or how much they think they know or see, they will never see the truth untill they allow God to do a work in them.

This is 100000% true, but. Many will not "see" it as truth.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316886 Nov 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone and everyone here is entitled to their opinion, stinkyjm. Including you.
I hereby give you all unfettered permission to express their opinion(s) about my parenting choices....thing is, my fellow pro-choice posters are astute enough to know that
a) it's too late to change them now, even if I wanted to, and I don't,
and
b) their opinions, or yours, don't mean a tinker's damn to me.
Get bent.
Ah, pay no attention to her, she can't debate so she tries to cause fights between PCers.

I don't know why she can't understand the concept of opinion.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316887 Nov 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm guessing you'd agree with this guy:
A conservative Christian leader says single moms should surrender their kids to Christian homes with two parents.
Right Wing Watch reports that Southern Baptist leader Richard Land is calling on single mothers to put up their kids for adoption so that Christian households with two parents can raise them.
In a November 23rd article published on The Christian Post, Land urges single mothers across the nation to stop being selfish and hand their kids over to good Christian parents so they can be raised properly, the way he thinks God intended.
“Keeping the baby is almost never preferable to allowing a baby to be adopted into a solid, faithful Christian home,” Land claims.“A single mother who keeps her baby is quite often denying that baby the father that God wants for that baby, and every baby, to have. Furthermore, in most circumstances, keeping the baby circumscribes and forecloses both the mother’s and the baby’s economic futures in tragic and unfortunate ways. If the mother is doing what is best for her baby (one of the defining marks of maternal love), she will part with her baby so that it will have the future God intended for him or her to have… Adoption allows the mother to give her child both a mother and a father who will love and cherish the child.”
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/11/27/singl...
No, not at all. Sorry that I don't fit in the box you have for me.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#316888 Nov 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't your personal story, it is the fact that your children born and unborn are only important as they affect 'your' life. You have no concept of them as a separate life whether or not you were emotionally connected. You see your child as all about you when it is really all about the child.
Whereas you see other women's lives as all about you, when it's really about those other women.

By the way - if you never thought of yourself while you were raising your kids, you deprived them of the opportunity to witness a self-fulfilled woman/adult/person in progress. Kids need good role models, of how to be aware of what one wants, and how to go after it. That's a huge gap in their life education. JMO.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316889 Nov 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Whereas you see other women's lives as all about you, when it's really about those other women.
By the way - if you never thought of yourself while you were raising your kids, you deprived them of the opportunity to witness a self-fulfilled woman/adult/person in progress. Kids need good role models, of how to be aware of what one wants, and how to go after it. That's a huge gap in their life education. JMO.
You're right.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#316890 Nov 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at all. Sorry that I don't fit in the box you have for me.
Oh, I'm pretty sure I nailed it.

Want me to go back and find all the posts where you said 'adoption is always the answer' and 'kids need both a mother and a father in order to grow up properly'?

You and that blowhard are cut from the same cloth, alright. He just has a larger audience, and more power to influence his crowd when they go to the polls, than you do on the few die-hard futility seekers in here.

It's a damn good thing he's influencing the left-voters in far greater numbers. More first-time voters, elderly voters, brown voters, women, and the non-religious, are serious about voting out the militaristic, misogynist, mother-hating GOP, than ever before.

You folks are your own worst enemies.

:)

Nonetheless, Bible-humpers scare the living daylights outta me...and it's not your 'god' I fear. It's you folks, whose ability to influence our legislators to completely discount me and my medical/reproductive choices, is tangible, rather than imagined. You assume you have the 'right' to dictate when, whether, and 'for whom' I bear children, and insist that if my choices don't mirror yours, I'm 'evil','selfish', and 'parentally inferior'.

Fluck ya'll in the neck.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#316891 Nov 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that is normal behavior?
Who gets to define what is normal and what isn't?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#316892 Nov 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No, naming dead puppies and kittens.
She forgets that you find other living creatures to be inferior and less important.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#316893 Nov 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it shock you to know that I agree with this statement 100%?
A few months after I came home to a hurt, angry, but forgiving wife I found myself at the mall, where I began to look at different things.
I seen a nice little diamond cross, and ask the sales LADY :) to see it. It wasn't a lot of money, and as they always do, gave me the "lowest" price. Lol
189.00 bucks from the 500 dollar price tag.
The lady was a pro at sales. She began to ask how long my wife and I had been married. I told her. She said "don't you think after all those years your wife deserves that little diamond cross? "
I said Lady, there is not enough diamonds in the world, let alone this store, to cover what my wife deserves, but I will take the little cross :)
Women have always been took for granted, by sorry bastards like myself, and they may never get near what they deserve.
My home would be in very sad shape without my wife.
I would be in very sad shape without my wife.
Had I never had an affair, and I admit that I cook and clean far more than most men I know, I still fall waaay short of what she deserves.
Now that that is settled -women can still demand more of what they should already be receiving, but can loose a lot more in that process. It is a process. Man may have never truly know their true roll in life, but they sure don't now.
We didn't get where we are overnight, and may never get where we need to be, but it won't be overnight.
Peace.
You didn't answer the question. Disallowing choice would not be taking women/girls for granted? That is the utmost of being taken for granted. As I stated before if you are going to treat the situation as a woman/girls "duty" then IT IS in NO uncertain terms taking her for granted....it reduces her to a slave. She deserves a choice, not a mandate stating what she MUST do. It is HER body, her health, her risk and her decision.
Gtown71

United States

#316894 Nov 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I'm pretty sure I nailed it.
Want me to go back and find all the posts where you said 'adoption is always the answer' and 'kids need both a mother and a father in order to grow up properly'?
You and that blowhard are cut from the same cloth, alright. He just has a larger audience, and more power to influence his crowd when they go to the polls, than you do on the few die-hard futility seekers in here.
It's a damn good thing he's influencing the left-voters in far greater numbers. More first-time voters, elderly voters, brown voters, women, and the non-religious, are serious about voting out the militaristic, misogynist, mother-hating GOP, than ever before.
Nonetheless, Bible-humpers scare the living daylights outta me...and it's not your 'god' I fear. It's you folks, whose ability to influence our legislators to completely discount me and my medical/reproductive choices, is tangible, rather than imagined. You assume you have the 'right' to dictate when, whether, and 'for whom' I bear children, and insist that if my choices don't mirror yours, I'm 'evil','selfish', and 'parentally inferior'.
Fluck ya'll in the neck.
The neck?:)

Forgive me, but I thought from your post that abortion or not would no longer be an issue for you.

I must say, that I do find myself kinda, somewhat,going back and forth on the "legal" abortion deal.

Since for years I did think abortion was just fine and a womans right, but I also thought many things that was contrary to Gods Word was just fine.

I thought two people should live together for a while, before marriage, to make sure they were meant to be, and the list goes on and on.

Now I know that folks can shack up all they want, but it doesn't increase their chances of a survived marriage, but rather decreases their chances.

Don't get me wrong, when I did wrong things, I just knew they were wrong, but just didn't realize how wrong. I "like you " Also didn't care much for the bible thumpers, and honestly still don't for many, but regardless of how messed up things are, for me to deny God, would require me to lie to myself fully knowing, not just believing, but knowing truth.

We can justify just about anything with our lips, but deep down our heart condemns us, untill we harden it enough to just not care anymore what it, or who is right or wrong.

Anything that is legal verses illegal, that is wanted by people, just makes it easier to obtain, and also makes us feel better about ourselves.

I'm not God, and if I received what I deserved, then I would be in hell.

I truly am still amazed at His salvation gift, and truly hope you and all others feel the same one day.

Peace.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316895 Nov 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Whereas you see other women's lives as all about you, when it's really about those other women.
Still working on that box, I guess.

I have always run a business while raising children. My kids saw a woman who worked hard and treated her clients with honesty and fairness. No, I never thought about it at the time, it is just the way we were. Looking at the people they are now, I don't think there were any big gaps.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316896 Nov 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
She forgets that you find other living creatures to be inferior and less important.
Especially dead ones.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#316897 Nov 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't your personal story, it is the fact that your children born and unborn are only important as they affect 'your' life. You have no concept of them as a separate life whether or not you were emotionally connected. You see your child as all about you when it is really all about the child.
IT IS HER PERSONAL STORY.

It is her experience her body and her set of emotions in play.

You people are so fcked in the head that you eliminate the "woman/girl" from the scenario entirely as though she is nothing...just a machine, who walks around in a fetus fog and can't find her ass with both hands. BUT then at some point she is suppose to feel be oozing with all this love and affection and entirely dismiss herself from the experience.

Do you people ever listen to yourself? You are the most judgemental intolerant uncomprehending unsympathetic woman hating ass holes that call themselves christian. Then you sit around wondering why christians get bashed. Now you know. You need to take a good hard look in a mirror.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316898 Nov 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I'm pretty sure I nailed it.
Fluck ya'll in the neck.
Yes, please find it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghost 1,536,575
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 min Clean air 11,172
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 hr The pharts 33,111
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat Eagle 12 258,476
Penn State University & State College May 12 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr '17 DelucaKoehn 11
More from around the web