Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311605 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#316749 Nov 27, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
bHitler: "There are no human beings inside a uterus."
Review:
YOU YOURSELF said "a human" (noun) exists in the womb.
Human being is a synonym for "a human" (noun).
Not always. Not in this case. In this case, it's a philosophical issue, and thus a matter of opinion. Since we already know that Katie's opinion is that a fetus is not a human being, your statement that she "kills" human beings in the "womb" is nothing more than another of your lies.

You're a liar, plain and simple.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#316750 Nov 27, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a problem with your diatribe: You're prochoice.
That being said, you are honked off that Sassy is speaking the raw, painful truth about abortion.
Sassy plucked one of your nerves when she shoved Katie back in her proabort hole.
So, that happened.
No NR, it wasn't the 'speaking the raw painful truth about abortion' that got to me.

I don't want to bring up what really did it, but that wasn't it. You can be as blatant as you want regarding what goes on, but bringing up other 'things' outside of the issue, and how it was brought up,(heartless), was what made me type that.

and yes NR, I already know I'm the biggest hypocrite in regards to staying on topic, and being 'heartless', but there is still ONE thing I stay away from

Go ahead, describe what you think is going on, and how you think people should live their lives, and how you think they should feel, if that's your prerogative, but honestly, the one thing I learned here in the years I've been posting, is that no one's mind has changed. I don't believe that you alone have stopped an abortion from happening here if a chick wants it from what you 'say'.

All you try and do is make people feel bad for what they believe (which is different from you), you insult, call people names, etc etc etc, you're not so different from me in that department, the only difference is that you're going through the "abortion route", and have a tendency to stay on topic?. I use everything but!

Besides, if I don't like someone here, it rarely has to do with their stance on the issue of abortion. You've made me on more than one occasion spill my Coka Cola all over my key board, I've a couple of times wanted to pat you on your back and say good job, but NR, I've felt that way about most people here on one or more occasions.

I know, I know, what a weird place to get my kicks in! I'm as disappointed in myself as you are!

This definitely isn't the place to bring up my Daddy issues, I've refrained from that. You should thank me for it too. My endless rants of poor me, and why, would drive anyone to taking a hammer to their teeth and gnawing off their left arm with the broken nubs. They could ignore me, but whom are we kidding. I'm about as easy to ignore as a tornado.

You people are welcome, and cross your fingers that you're not the one I'm concentrating on

Carry on, I'll be under my bridge

Location hidden

#316751 Nov 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Gee, Rach, don't these people claim that sexuality is a choice? Well then, just CHOOSE to be bi ;-D
Gosh dang it Bitner, I've tried, I've tried real hard, but the truth is, I am what I am. Trying to change that (I've learned) doesn't really change me from the inside. I can act bi, heck even go so far as maybe getting some physically (still haven't), but that won't change me, not really..........and with that said, I will continue to envy those that have the best of both worlds....(((sigh)))

Location hidden

#316752 Nov 27, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically she is not making my stance stronger.
She is CONFIRMING what I stand for.
Same thing in regards to this, I would think.
Elsie Is Wrong
#316753 Nov 27, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but you are totally incorrect. The premise of RvW was there were no legal restrictions in the first trimester, legal restrictions in the later months.
When did I say anything different? Do you have the ability to read and comprehend? If so, read my post again and take another shot at a response.
This time one that makes sense.

I'll give you a head start in formulating a response that makes sense - I was talking about the fact that some PC (as Elsie said )agree with and support those late term restrictions that RvW allows. If those same PC that agree with late term restrictions support the right to first trimester abortion without restriction based on the "woman's body-her choice" and "fetus is a parasite with no rights" premise, then why do they agree with late term restrictions? Since nothing about the premise upon which they support restrictionless abortion in the first trimester, changes in the later trimesters.

OK, try again.

Location hidden

#316754 Nov 27, 2013
Troll Headquarters just texted me, there's an emergency on Offbeat that requires my immediate attention, and services. Stalk you all later!
Elsie Is Wrong
#316755 Nov 27, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Human beings are priceless. If you start attaching values to people, you've made them commodities. Like coffee. Something bought and sold for trade. The very definition of slavery.
:-\
A family heirloom or a rare jewel or work of art can be PRICELESS. That doesn't mean it is without value. You say some very strange things.

What is that little face with the crooked mouth at the end of your post? Is that you after about 6 shots of Jim Beam?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#316756 Nov 27, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Gosh dang it Bitner, I've tried, I've tried real hard, but the truth is, I am what I am. Trying to change that (I've learned) doesn't really change me from the inside. I can act bi, heck even go so far as maybe getting some physically (still haven't), but that won't change me, not really..........and with that said, I will continue to envy those that have the best of both worlds....(((sigh)))
Well, one's sexuality must not be a choice then, huh? Go figure :)
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316757 Nov 27, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell a hypocritical POV when I read it.
Are you aware that Hanukkah falls over the Thanksgiving weekend this year? You must be since you seem to believe it's shoppers who decide to open or close stores on Holidays.
Thanksgiving is a special national hliday where traditionally folks travel far and wide to be together. It is a day to stay home if you can and enjoy family and friends. We can't expect stores to respect every religious holiday or they would be closed more than open. Where is the hypocrite part?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316758 Nov 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Fix Plan 'B', so that it also works for obese females.
How stupid are you, anyway?
That might take a while.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316759 Nov 27, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently, only the Christian religion is important...at least, that seems to be that this one woman's viewpoint. Just an aside: My family sometimes eats at a nice Indian or other Asian restaurant on holidays. These are always crowded and festive. Poor Ink might have a heart attack at the horror of people actually being non-traditional on her fervently protected holidays. Pfft...
Thanksgiving is only for Christians? Do only Christians feel the need to give thanks. Interesting.
Elsie Is Wrong
#316760 Nov 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who were these people? Where are these posts? Where is the proof these people/posts exist?
Everything in our society comes with some kinds of restrictions.
Yours is a moot argument.
They come with restrictions for a reason. Because in some cases free exercise of rights WITHOUT restriction can adversely affect the rights of others.
On the other hand, if in fact you support the right to abortion without restriction in the first trimester based on the premise that it is the woman's body and therefore her choice and that the fetus has no rights at all, then why would you agree with the allowance of restrictions in the latter trimesters? Nothing about the premise upon which your support of abortion rights in the first trimester, changes in the later trimesters.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316761 Nov 27, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yippy skippy. Think you're special? Your pregnancy, your fetus, your newborn. Your right.
Just like it was my right. And other mothers' rights.
Those rights include abortion. Even if you don't like it or agree with it.
If you looked at a 5 month sonogram of your daughter or granddaughter would you still say it wasn't a baby, human fetus or a life. Would you be able to destroy that individual because it was a bad time for 'you' to have a child born?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316762 Nov 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.
But it makes YOUR head spin that some of us DON'T support any restrictions...while you may not be able to call us hypocrites, you're happy to call us monsters.
Eat a pile, you pile.
Do you support killing them within seconds of birth if they survive the abortion?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316763 Nov 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another double standard they call normal.
My take is that my circumstances put me in a postion to find God, or better yet hear the God that had been calling. All while abortion was legal, and we could've went that route and kept right on trucking, but I wanted it to all stop somehow, just didn't know how, or have the power.
If abortion wasn't legal, it would make many face their problems in a different way, and perhaps more could be saved, within the "fix it -keep on going " kinda world we live in. Atleast for all who claim to not believe in God. For those who do believe,,,, well lets just say they are held to a different standard, by many non - believer's.
I think we hold ourselves to a different standard. Most women who can take care of themselves can take care or a child too. There's no excuse not to give birth and find the best situation possible for the child. They don't know that if you put it in God's hands He WILL find the best solution for you. The problem is that they all think they are smarter than God.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#316764 Nov 27, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Manipulators use others based on their needs/wants.
1. Sentimental Katie (The Katie who desires sympathy & pity) refers to her son as "Aaron."
2. Evil Conniving Katie (The Katie who seeks to kill babies in the womb) refers to her son as "the fetus" or "it."
Katie can change switch between Sentimental Katie to/from Evil Conniving Katie like a light switch.
{{{ SHIVER }}}
Love how you and JM jump to conclusions. The two of you wear STUPID as if it were silk. Here's what I wrote, "If the fetus hadn't died on its own, I would have faced the medical decision without your manipulative input, but with my physician's informative one."

And here's what that means -- I would have made medical decisions based on what the informed physician stated, not on what you, JM, and other ACers might say. I wouldn't give the entire PLM's faulty info a second thought.

But boy, keep showing us all that fakey fake Xtian "love" you've got share with the people!
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316765 Nov 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't miss what never was. When was the last time you saw someone breast feeding a fetus, Moron?
I've never saw anyone breast feeding a fetus. Why? What a silly question. I bet it's because you weren't paying attention.

Hmm....Katie is the one who named her fetus Aaron. She even talked about her daughter in the womb and how SHE almost died . She went on to tell me how "if" she did,she'd never breast feed her,hold her,watch her grow,console her when she was cold or too hot,etc....

Her teenager passed away and it saddens her that she will never see her graduate,grow up,etc... Are YOU telling her that she can't miss something that never was? That's mean even for you Bitler.But,if you feel that way,tell her,not me.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#316766 Nov 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If you looked at a 5 month sonogram of your daughter or granddaughter would you still say it wasn't a baby, human fetus or a life. Would you be able to destroy that individual because it was a bad time for 'you' to have a child born?
It doesn't matter if I was "able [or unable] to destroy that individual because it was a bad time for 'you' to have a child born." My pregnancy, my fetus, my newborn. I called it anything I wanted, like the names I tried on for size.

Technically, regardless of how I felt, it remained a fetus until it became a newborn. As do other (strangers) women's pregnancies. When are you going to understand that concept, Ink? Anytime soon?
katie

Tacoma, WA

#316767 Nov 27, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> I've never saw anyone breast feeding a fetus. Why? What a silly question. I bet it's because you weren't paying attention.
Hmm....Katie is the one who named her fetus Aaron. She even talked about her daughter in the womb and how SHE almost died . She went on to tell me how "if" she did,she'd never breast feed her,hold her,watch her grow,console her when she was cold or too hot,etc....
Her teenager passed away and it saddens her that she will never see her graduate,grow up,etc... Are YOU telling her that she can't miss something that never was? That's mean even for you Bitler.But,if you feel that way,tell her,not me.
No, stupid JM, I said if she or I had died during my pregnancy, we never would have met. When are *you* going to pay attention?

And didn't your mother teach you manners? You are nothing but a rude girl. And rude equals ugly in my book.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316768 Nov 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Not always. Not in this case. In this case, it's a philosophical issue, and thus a matter of opinion. Since we already know that Katie's opinion is that a fetus is not a human being, your statement that she "kills" human beings in the "womb" is nothing more than another of your lies.
You're a liar, plain and simple.
Was Aaron a human being as soon as he was outside the womb?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min RealDave 1,417,982
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Aerobatty 256,550
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Trojan 32,325
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 12 hr OzRitz 10,064
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web