Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311487 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

katie

Tacoma, WA

#316681 Nov 26, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>When I looked at the sonogram picture of my child in the womb,I saw my child in her/his fetal stage of life. When I looked at my child face to face for the very first time,I saw my child in his/her newborn stage of life. Do me a favor and stop making up silly lies that I saw a newborn child when I saw my fetus child. Next thing you know,you will accuse me of looking at my teenager and claiming she/he is a newborn in my eyes.
What a goof-ball you with your silly assertions.
Yippy skippy. Think you're special? Your pregnancy, your fetus, your newborn. Your right.

Just like it was my right. And other mothers' rights.

Those rights include abortion. Even if you don't like it or agree with it.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316682 Nov 26, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yippy skippy. Think you're special? Your pregnancy, your fetus, your newborn. Your right.
Just like it was my right. And other mothers' rights.
Those rights include abortion. Even if you don't like it or agree with it.
Not sure what your disagreeing with here. My "right" to what? I merely pointed out that I do not view my fetus as a "newborn" like you claimed. Why would I? It would be like viewing my toddler as a newborn? What does your legal right to kill your son Aaron or daughter have to do with it? Let's stay on the same page okay Katie?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316687 Nov 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to explain (since the Coward ran away again) how telling about one's feelings about one's miscarriage and the death of one's child, in response to a challenge to ask a woman who's had a miscarriage, is in anyway narcissistic?
How was she supposed to address a question about how a miscarriage affects a woman if not with her feelings about her own?
Clearly Katie reconized that her children were once located in the womb. She even named one that never was born. HE had an identity. HE was her son. HE was given dignity and value. One was in the womb that was a few weeks younger but given NO value. Weird huh? Makes no sense. Seems like Katie picks and chooses WHICH of her children ....based on size/age order,are worthier than the other. Her daughter was who died as a teen was mourned differently(and for obvious reasons,quite undertandable) but she DID discuss HER as HER DAUGHTER while she was carrying HER and even mentioned how SHE almost died. She would've missed out on breast feeding her,watching her walk,talk,console her,etc.......AGAIN,giving HER child an identity prior to birth.

So basically it is all about Katie and not the fact that they were ALL her children from day one while in her body.Yes,she is the one mourning,but this conversation was based on the fact that she is dehumanizing one child over the other for NO reason other than her opinion and how she mourned their losses OR in her fight for the right to kill them at will.(abortion).
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316688 Nov 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "If you start attaching values to people, you've made them commodities."
Thanks for confirming that you do not value human life - other than what value YOU can GET from them.
You're correct in saying that you do not value human life in and of itself. You are evil.
I shudder when I read her posts. I can'&#357; help but to view her emotional rants about her deceased child in a different light. I think that she is a cold-hearted,bitter old lady. She grew up in that kind of surrounding,so it would seem. SOMETHING went wrong there. A total disconnect with her family. WHAT other mother(besides a proabort one like her)would claim that her children don't have value?

WHAT mother could be on here fighting us for DEMANDING that THEIR child(from conception til natural death)have rights to their lives,respect and dignity? It's so unwomanly.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316689 Nov 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>If what you speculate (ahem) is true, tell your girlfriend, sassy, to stop complaining about it and be happy about it, like you. She's upset that some prochoicers support some restrictions on late-term abortion, poor thing. Help her figure it out.
Complaining? Me? I am not complaining at all. What I am doing is pointing out a fact here. ANYONE who claims to be pro-CHOICE regarding a womans right to control the fate of her unborn child while in utero(whether it be continuing the pregnancy,aborting the pregnancy) but turns around and agrees/supports undoing that choice by restricting it,is NOT pro-CHOICE. What they are is anti-choice...yet pro-abortion ONLY in the first trimester.Hypocritical! Contradicting oneself while feeling like they are pro-life makes them feel good.

Now,tell me sweetie,which are you? PRO-CHOICE or ANTI-CHOICE/PRO-ABORTION when you think it's okay?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316690 Nov 26, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
And if it's killing the woman carrying it (emotionally, physically, or spiritually) out it goes.
You only agree it's allowed out when it's physically killing her.
It? As in Aaron?

Did you make up Aarons name to make yourself feel good? Was there a purpose to refer to an "it" as a "son named Aaron"?

You are confused and an emotionally bankrupt woman.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316692 Nov 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No, and I have explained my position on this, many times, on this thread and others. You and I had this discussion.
Oopsy,I asked the same question to you. That' s right,you support elective abortion until that body is completely out of his/her mother. Why wouldn't you? You aborted when you chose to,so why would you tell another not to do it when THEY chose to.

There have been some on this very forum who are in favor of the choice to abort even having aborted themselves,YET,agree with restrictions, are against using abortion as birth control,and call abortion yucky. I recall this forum that they were on where a woman aborted her son because he had a cleft palate. They called her out on it,even calling her a b*tch for it. Can you imagine?

I mean,CAN YOU IMAGINE THE AUDACITY AND HYPOCRISCY? Must make your hardcore proabortion head spin.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316693 Nov 26, 2013
Oh Oh....one more thing to add to that list Elise....

I remember lala saying that any woman having more than one abortion needs pycho help.

((Sorry but I couldn't leave THAT one out)))
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316694 Nov 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Ink is obviously a very unimaginative lover.
Elise,I am sorry to keep asking you this but I haven't gotten a reponse from you..

Question: Where you born with a half of a gay gene since you are bi-sexual?

TIA
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316695 Nov 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup it is all good. Now what are we going to do about all the fat chicks trying not to get pregnant with Plan B?
Ha Ha!! I guess THEY don't matter,huh?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316696 Nov 26, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
And I agonized over what to do, what to do with this nightmare of a pregnancy. If the fetus hadn't died on its own, I would have faced the medical decision without your manipulative input, but with my physician's informative one.
Come on Katie,you can say it like you mean it.

Repeat after me....
I WAS GOING TO HAVE AARON KILLED IF HE DIDN'T DIE FIRST.

There. Whew! I said it for you.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316697 Nov 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
SassyJM: "Katie, you are fighting me for the right to KILL them AND I AM THE "EVIL" ONE KATIE????????"
Katie just doesn't get it. She uses the pain she experienced from her daughter's death as a reason mothers should have the right to intentionally kill their daughters in the womb.
In her deluded & convoluted mind, it all makes sense. To right minded individuals, she's a complex sociopath.
She mourns her daughters death but freely admitted that she would've missed out on her life had she died while in utero(breast feeding,consoling her,watching her grow up,etc.....)while fighting for the right to kill her as choice.

WTF?
'

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#316698 Nov 26, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Clearly Katie reconized that her children were once located in the womb. She even named one that never was born. HE had an identity. HE was her son. HE was given dignity and value. One was in the womb that was a few weeks younger but given NO value. Weird huh? Makes no sense. Seems like Katie picks and chooses WHICH of her children ....based on size/age order,are worthier than the other. Her daughter was who died as a teen was mourned differently(and for obvious reasons,quite undertandable) but she DID discuss HER as HER DAUGHTER while she was carrying HER and even mentioned how SHE almost died. She would've missed out on breast feeding her,watching her walk,talk,console her,etc.......AGAIN,giving HER child an identity prior to birth.
So basically it is all about Katie and not the fact that they were ALL her children from day one while in her body.Yes,she is the one mourning,but this conversation was based on the fact that she is dehumanizing one child over the other for NO reason other than her opinion and how she mourned their losses OR in her fight for the right to kill them at will.(abortion).
AND the point sailed right OVER your empty little head, Drama Queen. I'm not surprised. You're dumb as dirt.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316699 Nov 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Act I: Sentimental Katie
"I held my daughter to my breast and nursed her. I comforted her cries when she was too cold or too warm. I heard her first word (it was not Mama), seen her take her first steps, & heard giggle."
_______
Act II: Evil Conniving Katie
"Stop trying to prevent mothers from killing their daughters in the womb! And, further more, my son Aaron does not deserve being honored. Stop it!"
_______
And the Oscar goes to..........
SMH

Now Katie will be offended. No worries,some other pro-abort will reasure her that even though she said those thing,she is still a good person. They pat each other on the back and convince each other that they can be a good person if they chooose to keep their child alive,or if they choose to have them killed.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#316700 Nov 26, 2013
Elsie Is Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
She's not upset some pro choicers support restrictions. She's just pointing out the hypocrisy. If you support the right to abortion based on "woman's body-her choice", "fetus- parasite- no rights at all" , then there is no reason at all to support restrictions at ANY time. Absolutely NOTHING regarding the premise upon which the support of abortion rights is based, changes in the 2nd or 3rd trimesters....NOTHING. Surprised you couldn't figure this out. Poor thing.
Sorry but you are totally incorrect. The premise of RvW was there were no legal restrictions in the first trimester, legal restrictions in the later months.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316701 Nov 26, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> She mourns her daughters death but freely admitted that she would've missed out on her life had she died while in utero(breast feeding,consoling her,watching her grow up,etc.....)while fighting for the right to kill her as choice.
WTF?
'
You can't miss what never was. When was the last time you saw someone breast feeding a fetus, Moron?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#316702 Nov 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only say that is so sad. Hope you don't care for preemies.
Stop acting like such a window licker Ink.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316703 Nov 26, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but you are totally incorrect. The premise of RvW was there were no legal restrictions in the first trimester, legal restrictions in the later months.
Actually, no. It allows that a state MAY impose restrictions in the last two trimesters if it chooses to do so, unless the woman's health or life are in danger. RvW itself imposes no restrictions.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#316706 Nov 26, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Oopsy,I asked the same question to you. That' s right,you support elective abortion until that body is completely out of his/her mother. Why wouldn't you? You aborted when you chose to,so why would you tell another not to do it when THEY chose to.
There have been some on this very forum who are in favor of the choice to abort even having aborted themselves,YET,agree with restrictions, are against using abortion as birth control,and call abortion yucky. I recall this forum that they were on where a woman aborted her son because he had a cleft palate. They called her out on it,even calling her a b*tch for it. Can you imagine?
I mean,CAN YOU IMAGINE THE AUDACITY AND HYPOCRISCY? Must make your hardcore proabortion head spin.
Nope.

But it makes YOUR head spin that some of us DON'T support any restrictions...while you may not be able to call us hypocrites, you're happy to call us monsters.

Eat a pile, you pile.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#316707 Nov 26, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Come on Katie,you can say it like you mean it.
Repeat after me....
I WAS GOING TO HAVE AARON KILLED IF HE DIDN'T DIE FIRST.
There. Whew! I said it for you.
This is classic, an uppity anti choice bitch scolding someone for a troubled pregnancy. Why don't you STFU and be glad it wasn't your circumstances?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min carmino seranni 1,403,603
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr ChristineM 255,945
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 10 hr Into The Night 9,988
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Trojan 32,307
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 22 Frankie Rizzo 201,877
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web