Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317632 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

katie

Tacoma, WA

#316668 Nov 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie Van der Sloot: "And if it's killing the woman carrying it (emotionally, physically, or spiritually) out it goes."
_______
Katie Van der Sloot: "I named mine Aaron. And still do today."
And I agonized over what to do, what to do with this nightmare of a pregnancy. If the fetus hadn't died on its own, I would have faced the medical decision without your manipulative input, but with my physician's informative one.
No Relativism

United States

#316669 Nov 26, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Human beings are priceless. If you start attaching values to people, you've made them commodities. Like coffee. Something bought and sold for trade. The very definition of slavery.
:-\
Katie V.: "If you start attaching values to people, you've made them commodities."

Thanks for confirming that you do not value human life - other than what value YOU can GET from them.

You're correct in saying that you do not value human life in and of itself. You are evil.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#316670 Nov 26, 2013
That's peachy. But not everyone believes in your god or any god, and don't have to live by your beliefs. Not even all christians believe as you do.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You have only one perspective, your's. My opinion was that every child belongs to God and we don't have a right to take that life away.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#316671 Nov 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't tell the difference between emergemcy personel and catering to shoppers who can't plan ahead or have nothing better to do than keep stores open.
I can tell a hypocritical POV when I read it.

Are you aware that Hanukkah falls over the Thanksgiving weekend this year? You must be since you seem to believe it's shoppers who decide to open or close stores on Holidays.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#316672 Nov 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie V.: "If you start attaching values to people, you've made them commodities."
Thanks for confirming that you do not value human life - other than what value YOU can GET from them.
You're correct in saying that you do not value human life in and of itself. You are evil.
What do you think PRICELESS means, AH? So dishonest of you not to include my first sentence. So here it is again for the comprehensive impaired.

Human beings are priceless.

Indianapolis

#316673 Nov 26, 2013
Newspaper employees are emergency personnel? Many non-emergency people work on holidays. Restaurants, convenience stores, grocery stores, etc are open at least for part of the day every holiday.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't tell the difference between emergemcy personel and catering to shoppers who can't plan ahead or have nothing better to do than keep stores open.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#316674 Nov 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Trimesters are used only in terms of PREGNANCY, you mindless moron. Not born people.
<quoted text>
Well, pregnancy and high school. When I went to HS, my sophomore year was in trimesters. With only 5 periods, homeroom being 2nd period and over 2hrs long. Thank goodness that changed into your standard semesters with 6 periods just under an hour long a piece when I was a junior.

Indianapolis

#316675 Nov 26, 2013
Fetuses lack a working brain; it's impossible for them to care about anything. Once again, science trumps your sad fantasies.

Who elected them as leaders? Not me. Their opinion is their own.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
cPeterPoint: "The fetus is incapable of caring."
Project much? It is you who is incapable of caring.
Proabort leadership (Michelson and Kissling) have indicated that proaborts like you damage your cause through your abject "insensitivity" towards preborn babies.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#316676 Nov 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup it is all good. Now what are we going to do about all the fat chicks trying not to get pregnant with Plan B?
Fix Plan 'B', so that it also works for obese females.

How stupid are you, anyway?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316677 Nov 26, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so. What I do know is that when you or I see a fetus, we see a fetus. She (and others like her) sees a newborn. You and I know these are different organisms completely. To her (and others like her) they're exactly the same, just at "different stages" of life. NR's ridiculous claim of 12th trimester comes to mind here.
I don't think there's any way talking sense into her or others like her. Or getting around it. She understood why my daughter's death was more meaningful to me, but thought that equated to making the lost fetus unimportant. She probably makes similar deductions with your insightful posts, NAP.
But that's her problem. Not yours. Not mine.
When I looked at the sonogram picture of my child in the womb,I saw my child in her/his fetal stage of life. When I looked at my child face to face for the very first time,I saw my child in his/her newborn stage of life. Do me a favor and stop making up silly lies that I saw a newborn child when I saw my fetus child. Next thing you know,you will accuse me of looking at my teenager and claiming she/he is a newborn in my eyes.

What a goof-ball you with your silly assertions.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316678 Nov 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>So how do you explain miscarriage?
Where's the miscarried 'baby's' right to life? They were conceived, after all, so by your reasoning, they must have been 'meant to be'... but meant to be what?
What is their purpose?
Uh playa? We ALL die,remember? And at different ages and stages of life. Do you base your opinion of someones worth or value on their age or stage of their life? In other words,if a three year old dies of natural causes,they are not as worthy or valuable as say a man who lives til the ripe old age of 95?

The issue here is natural death vs being killed by someone because they are not wanted. You DO comprehend that,don't you Morg?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#316679 Nov 26, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell a hypocritical POV when I read it.
Are you aware that Hanukkah falls over the Thanksgiving weekend this year? You must be since you seem to believe it's shoppers who decide to open or close stores on Holidays.
Apparently, only the Christian religion is important...at least, that seems to be that this one woman's viewpoint. Just an aside: My family sometimes eats at a nice Indian or other Asian restaurant on holidays. These are always crowded and festive. Poor Ink might have a heart attack at the horror of people actually being non-traditional on her fervently protected holidays. Pfft...
katie

Tacoma, WA

#316681 Nov 26, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>When I looked at the sonogram picture of my child in the womb,I saw my child in her/his fetal stage of life. When I looked at my child face to face for the very first time,I saw my child in his/her newborn stage of life. Do me a favor and stop making up silly lies that I saw a newborn child when I saw my fetus child. Next thing you know,you will accuse me of looking at my teenager and claiming she/he is a newborn in my eyes.
What a goof-ball you with your silly assertions.
Yippy skippy. Think you're special? Your pregnancy, your fetus, your newborn. Your right.

Just like it was my right. And other mothers' rights.

Those rights include abortion. Even if you don't like it or agree with it.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316682 Nov 26, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yippy skippy. Think you're special? Your pregnancy, your fetus, your newborn. Your right.
Just like it was my right. And other mothers' rights.
Those rights include abortion. Even if you don't like it or agree with it.
Not sure what your disagreeing with here. My "right" to what? I merely pointed out that I do not view my fetus as a "newborn" like you claimed. Why would I? It would be like viewing my toddler as a newborn? What does your legal right to kill your son Aaron or daughter have to do with it? Let's stay on the same page okay Katie?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316687 Nov 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to explain (since the Coward ran away again) how telling about one's feelings about one's miscarriage and the death of one's child, in response to a challenge to ask a woman who's had a miscarriage, is in anyway narcissistic?
How was she supposed to address a question about how a miscarriage affects a woman if not with her feelings about her own?
Clearly Katie reconized that her children were once located in the womb. She even named one that never was born. HE had an identity. HE was her son. HE was given dignity and value. One was in the womb that was a few weeks younger but given NO value. Weird huh? Makes no sense. Seems like Katie picks and chooses WHICH of her children ....based on size/age order,are worthier than the other. Her daughter was who died as a teen was mourned differently(and for obvious reasons,quite undertandable) but she DID discuss HER as HER DAUGHTER while she was carrying HER and even mentioned how SHE almost died. She would've missed out on breast feeding her,watching her walk,talk,console her,etc.......AGAIN,giving HER child an identity prior to birth.

So basically it is all about Katie and not the fact that they were ALL her children from day one while in her body.Yes,she is the one mourning,but this conversation was based on the fact that she is dehumanizing one child over the other for NO reason other than her opinion and how she mourned their losses OR in her fight for the right to kill them at will.(abortion).
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316688 Nov 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I shudder when I read her posts. I can'&#357; help but to view her emotional rants about her deceased child in a different light. I think that she is a cold-hearted,bitter old lady. She grew up in that kind of surrounding,so it would seem. SOMETHING went wrong there. A total disconnect with her family. WHAT other mother(besides a proabort one like her)would claim that her children don't have value?

WHAT mother could be on here fighting us for DEMANDING that THEIR child(from conception til natural death)have rights to their lives,respect and dignity? It's so unwomanly.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316689 Nov 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>If what you speculate (ahem) is true, tell your girlfriend, sassy, to stop complaining about it and be happy about it, like you. She's upset that some prochoicers support some restrictions on late-term abortion, poor thing. Help her figure it out.
Complaining? Me? I am not complaining at all. What I am doing is pointing out a fact here. ANYONE who claims to be pro-CHOICE regarding a womans right to control the fate of her unborn child while in utero(whether it be continuing the pregnancy,aborting the pregnancy) but turns around and agrees/supports undoing that choice by restricting it,is NOT pro-CHOICE. What they are is anti-choice...yet pro-abortion ONLY in the first trimester.Hypocritical! Contradicting oneself while feeling like they are pro-life makes them feel good.

Now,tell me sweetie,which are you? PRO-CHOICE or ANTI-CHOICE/PRO-ABORTION when you think it's okay?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316690 Nov 26, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
And if it's killing the woman carrying it (emotionally, physically, or spiritually) out it goes.
You only agree it's allowed out when it's physically killing her.
It? As in Aaron?

Did you make up Aarons name to make yourself feel good? Was there a purpose to refer to an "it" as a "son named Aaron"?

You are confused and an emotionally bankrupt woman.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316692 Nov 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No, and I have explained my position on this, many times, on this thread and others. You and I had this discussion.
Oopsy,I asked the same question to you. That' s right,you support elective abortion until that body is completely out of his/her mother. Why wouldn't you? You aborted when you chose to,so why would you tell another not to do it when THEY chose to.

There have been some on this very forum who are in favor of the choice to abort even having aborted themselves,YET,agree with restrictions, are against using abortion as birth control,and call abortion yucky. I recall this forum that they were on where a woman aborted her son because he had a cleft palate. They called her out on it,even calling her a b*tch for it. Can you imagine?

I mean,CAN YOU IMAGINE THE AUDACITY AND HYPOCRISCY? Must make your hardcore proabortion head spin.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#316693 Nov 26, 2013
Oh Oh....one more thing to add to that list Elise....

I remember lala saying that any woman having more than one abortion needs pycho help.

((Sorry but I couldn't leave THAT one out)))

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr VetnorsGate 1,604,109
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr LMFAO phartt 34,271
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sun Randy from Wooster 201,882
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sun It s Weather Not ... 11,574
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,485
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
More from around the web