Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310234 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#316419 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me, that we all tell our beliefs everyday here, so what makes yours more important?
Aka says abortion has no neg side effects, but one only need to look at the name of this thread to know better.
My point is you and others say you stand for choice, but have no problem when no one really had a choice in the very important matter of legalized abortion.
You failed to answer any of the questions.

I am referring to your religious beliefs which boiled down are misogynistic.

What are you talking about no one had a choice in the matter of legalized abortion? Explain yourself. You are not making sense.

Minneapolis

#316420 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Many reasons a pregnancy can make life tough, so they shouldn't get pregnant.
Straight from the mouth of a man.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#316421 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're starting to "get it "
I did have an affair. I have paid much for this choice I made years ago.
It's called consequences.
A word you and most of the world would love to banish.
According to most pro choice folks, abortion has bee around since the very start of timE
Yeah? What "consequences" did you have? You're still married, correct? You now have a son you have a relationship with, correct? So, what "consequences" are you talking about?

And you didn't answer my other question from last night.

How, exactly, would wanting each and every woman to be free to make her own choice regarding her own uterus and pregnancy, based upon her own circumstances and moral code, be wanting "power over women"?

By the way, I have yet to see anyone here have a problem with the word "consequences", just with the narrow definition of what that entails insisted on by YOUR side.

Not according to us. According to history, abortion has been around as long as pregnancy has been around, spontaneous and induced. But what has THAT fact got to do with anything?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#316422 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Many reasons a pregnancy can make life tough, so they shouldn't get pregnant.
But when they do, they should be obligated to gestate regardless, eh?

Your answer is simplistic, and obtuse.

Next...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#316423 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to most pro choice folks, abortion has bee around since the very start of timE
You paid with your social standing, and the end of your marriage...and you caused your former wife to pay as well...for YOUR misdeeds.

How did having an affair THREATEN YOUR LIFE, you smug sonofabitch?
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#316424 Nov 24, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> I bet that the numbers wouldn't be at 3,000 if abortion wasn't legal. I bet these women would think twice about jumping in the sack without considering the consequences of their actions. I bet they wouldn't be so irresponsible. I bet they would have to use their brains and abstain when they are fertile or think twice about wanting instant gratifications without consequences.
ALL RvW did was allow selfish women to not care about anyone but themselves. Their priorities are ME ME ME and kill their baby if they are unwanted.
Women need to empower themselves with some self control. Stop allowing themselves to be used for sex as single women. Seem like MOST abortions are done on single women after being used. Take a look at the single mothers raising their children with no man present. It's really sad that women don't respect themselves e&#326;ough to be used.
But,you don't seem to care about that as long as they can kill their unwanted child. Does it make you feel powerful to be able to end your childs life?
So, the 15 year old who has an abortion is selfish?

Pathetic and evil judgment; nothing more.

Your opinion bear no relevance on the lives of others.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#316425 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're not getting it. You were having sex with 2 women at the same time. Those two women got pregnant by you. "They shouldn't get pregnant" doesn't cut it. Dumbarse.

Location hidden

#316426 Nov 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>But when they do, they should be obligated to gestate regardless, eh?
Your answer is simplistic, and obtuse.
Next...
Exactly.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#316427 Nov 24, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the 15 year old who has an abortion is selfish?
Pathetic and evil judgment; nothing more.
Your opinion bear no relevance on the lives of others.
Of course she is - she should be obligated to gestate away nine months of her teenage life, and then either raise the resulting child (with no government assistance, of course) or give it away to the nearest set of inferts.

Doesn't matter that she'll wonder for the REST of her life how that child is being raised. That's her punishment for gapping her slutty legs.

Didn't you get the memo?

Location hidden

#316428 Nov 24, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello G.
I hope all is well with Foo, too. And any of the others who have been absent for awhile.
G, I was at my local Walgreen's yesterday and they also had a sign stating the store would be open 24 hours on Thanksgiving day. 24 hours!!
Methinks eventually Thanksgiving will go the way of the dinosaurs.
If you are interested, Time.com has a plethora of stories and opinion articles on the whole subject. According to one article (heavy on stats) Black Friday is dying a slow death because of the stores being open on T-day and the Christmas sales starting earlier and earlier.
Ha! Retailers are killing their own "holiday"!!
While many others are wearing their credit cards thin I'm going to be on the trails running my dinner off.
Have a peaceful Sunday, G.
I'm curious what Wal Marts sales will be this Black Friday after the story came out about them having a food drive for their own employees.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316429 Nov 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Please stop pretending you give a shit about women with unwanted pregnancies.
All you care about is whether or not they subject themselves to your screwed up morality - if they're not properly guilted and shamed, you'd just as soon they have botched abortions.
I know it, you know it, and your misogynist god knows it too.
Would you have trouble obtaining an abortion, if you wanted one? If not, what's your problem?

Do you just think that everyone has to agree with you that abortion is not a morally wrong act? If so, you will wait a long time. I think you will have to be satisfied with the law, use it and expect others to see it as evil.

Minneapolis

#316430 Nov 24, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I'm curious what Wal Marts sales will be this Black Friday after the story came out about them having a food drive for their own employees.
Isn't that something?

Yeah....the compassion of billionaires. You low paid employees should support each other....we billionaires are strapped for cash.

The only people who can stop this insanity is us. Boycott the holidays. Find creative ways of celebrating, I know I am, simply to stick it to them :)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#316431 Nov 24, 2013
Many women ARE having difficulty obtaining abortions. Thinking abortion is evil is your prerogative; curtailing others` rights over that opinion is not. As someone whose life has been judged as evil by some on at least three different fronts (gaY, atheist, pro-choice), I am acutely aware of the dangers of public opinion denying individual rights.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you have trouble obtaining an abortion, if you wanted one? If not, what's your problem?
Do you just think that everyone has to agree with you that abortion is not a morally wrong act? If so, you will wait a long time. I think you will have to be satisfied with the law, use it and expect others to see it as evil.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316432 Nov 24, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
Looks like, even though the anti-choice lobby was very vocal, Albuquerque voters didn't buy their junk science BS. The proposed ban on abortions after 20 weeks failed. So glad people understood that this was a terrible proposal and squashed it.
Yeah, late term abortionists can still ply their trade and kill third trimester babies even if it means a painful death. They can continue to rake in thousands of dollars for every baby killed.
Sandy wasserphoney

United States

#316433 Nov 24, 2013
He libtards! You hate gun rights because you don't want a victim to be able to defend themselves, against an attacker. You hate guns, because god forbid a law abiding citizen would shoot a criminal in self defense. But YOU LIBTARDS have zero problems with taking millions of babies life's (disproportionally black and brown ones).So keep up the games, I have already fled NYC and moved to America, many more will do so soon. Hey libs I bet you will wish you hadn't banned guns when a random black plays the knockout game on ya no?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316434 Nov 24, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>If you were in Katie's position, adoption would not be any choice. I guess, as it was in my niece's case, no one would adopt her baby
She said she miscarried.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316435 Nov 24, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Many women ARE having difficulty obtaining abortions. <quoted text>
Why? it is legal in all states.
Sandy wasserphoney

United States

#316436 Nov 24, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Many women ARE having difficulty obtaining abortions. Thinking abortion is evil is your prerogative; curtailing others` rights over that opinion is not. As someone whose life has been judged as evil by some on at least three different fronts (gaY, atheist, pro-choice), I am acutely aware of the dangers of public opinion denying individual rights.
<quoted text>
"Thinking abortion is evil is your prerogative; curtailing others` rights over that opinion is not." Wow a libtard saying there for individual rights, what a crock.You liberal animals have shredded gun rights,libtards tell us how much soda to drink. Libtards in Massachusetts even require a LICENSE to carry fricken pepper spray!You sick obsession with abortion is heavily embedded with RACISM, since black and brown babies are DISPROPORTIONALLY aborted. So look you phoney clown, save you lame BS for your Manhattan white lib buddies.
Gtown71

United States

#316437 Nov 24, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Every woman should have the equal right to make a choice for herself involving her medical/surgical needs and because she is a woman and the only one who can get pregnant, that includes terminating her pregnancy. I propose this Gtown. Since it takes two to tango the man that impregnates a woman that doesn't want to be pregnant but can't get a safe abortion, he should be castrated. Now how many males do you think would grab their nuts and say "uh uh, these are my family jewels..........government and society has no right to make this legal.
Not real sure what you purpose, but you already know the answer, BUT. Many men have had to pay "in many ways, "becouse they has sex and the woman got pregnant, since only women have a choice in the matter :)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#316438 Nov 24, 2013
" I have already fled NYC and moved to America, many more will do so soon."

Wow, I wonder how many anti-choicers have the wit to feel contact embarrassment because someone so stupid is on their side of the debate. Thank the Divine you're not on the PC side.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min ritedownthemiddle 1,278,004
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min New Age Spiritual... 247,634
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Earthling-1 6,953
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr stewart scott 29,956
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Tue Pastor Pete 201,864
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web