Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,600
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
katie

Seattle, WA

#316179 Nov 19, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean, legal late-term abortions? Albuquerque is one of the few where they are legal...for now. There's a vote today, deciding that very issue, in fact. If the late-term abortion ban is voted in, today, it will mean that ALL late-term abortions will be banned, INCLUDING those diagnosed as dangerous to the woman, fetus, or both. Even when the fetus has no chance of life or quality of life after birth, the woman will be forced to continue the pregnancy. Unbelievable.
I mean postviability, after 30wks gestation, which are not usually the "elective" abortions Ink usually refers to.

Am well aware of the forced pregnancies these bans are creating. Here's an interesting article you may have seen already.

http://www.guttmacher.org/media/nr/2013/08/16...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#316180 Nov 19, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean, legal late-term abortions? Albuquerque is one of the few where they are legal...for now. There's a vote today, deciding that very issue, in fact. If the late-term abortion ban is voted in, today, it will mean that ALL late-term abortions will be banned, INCLUDING those diagnosed as dangerous to the woman, fetus, or both. Even when the fetus has no chance of life or quality of life after birth, the woman will be forced to continue the pregnancy. Unbelievable.
Totally believable. And when that gets passed, they'll come gunning for the early term ones, too...the only reason they haven't yet is that they were getting their feet in the door with fetal heartbeats. Now that THAT obstacle's out of the way, the ban on abortion PERIOD can commence. Criminalizing it, rather than reducing it, or the need for it, has ALWAYS been the agenda.

But of course, we already knew that.
katie

Seattle, WA

#316181 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No Katie, I am validating the unborn children you lost.
Nobody needs to validate my lost embryo/fetus. I did that all by myself and within the privacy of my family.

Not your place. My pregnancies, not yours. You were not invited.

Want me to start validating or invalidating your personal decisions? Maybe that cat of yours didn't really need to be put down... maybe just needed a feeding tube, a ventilator, and round the clock care so bedsores were prevented.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316182 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody needs to validate my lost embryo/fetus. I did that all by myself and within the privacy of my family.
Not your place. My pregnancies, not yours. You were not invited.
Want me to start validating or invalidating your personal decisions? Maybe that cat of yours didn't really need to be put down... maybe just needed a feeding tube, a ventilator, and round the clock care so bedsores were prevented.
If you want to give some recognition and empathy for the existance of my grandson, that would be nice.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#316183 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There was some nonsense about white women wanting blacks babies. I just didn't get it.
Hey dunderhead: it wasn't about white women wanting black babies. It's about white men and women wanting white infants to adopt, and railing that white women are having abortions instead of gestating unwanted kids to term and giving them away.

They presume it will make it easier to obtain and raise a white infant INSTEAD of a 2 year old or a brown/black one.

The assertion was that few anti-choice folks are interested in preventing the abortion of brown babies...and intensely interested in obligating white women to gestate for infertile white couples, who 'deserve an infant' who's the same color as they are.

And that if white women weren't the ones preponderantly aborting, which we are, since we're currently the preponderant population, most of these old white folks writing the laws wouldn't give a flying fart in a windstorm about abortion. But since the current numbers of available white babies, continue to be overwhelmed by a preponderance of brown 'illegal' ones (or some such nonsense) they have to conserve the white folks any way they can.

It's nuts alright, but that doesn't mean I'M nuts for pointing it out....yet again.

And you conveniently misunderstood my assertion, so that you could avoid trying to prove me wrong, coward.
katie

Seattle, WA

#316184 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any idea what you are talking about? If there are no late term abortions being done, what is the big fuss in the southwest?
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/new-mexico-ab...
Yes, I know what I am talking about. Why are you trying to invalidate what I'm saying? You don't want to face the truth of what you are trying to do? Strip women of their civil rights in order to give them over to an embryo/fetus you view as "innocent", as an "empty slate" something of more "value" then the "defiled" women carrying same?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316185 Nov 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Totally believable. And when that gets passed, they'll come gunning for the early term ones, too...the only reason they haven't yet is that they were getting their feet in the door with fetal heartbeats. Now that THAT obstacle's out of the way, the ban on abortion PERIOD can commence. Criminalizing it, rather than reducing it, or the need for it, has ALWAYS been the agenda.
Who is 'they'? My understanding is that the good folks of the city are voting. If they want to continue to have late term abortion mills, they will vote for the status quo.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#316186 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are euthanized too.
Why aren't you an your ilk crying about that? Lives are ending!!!! Oh wait, maybe I need to rephrase that so you'll care... Human lives are being terminated!!

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#316187 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean postviability, after 30wks gestation, which are not usually the "elective" abortions Ink usually refers to.
Am well aware of the forced pregnancies these bans are creating. Here's an interesting article you may have seen already.
http://www.guttmacher.org/media/nr/2013/08/16...
Oh, I see. So, these people believe that hordes of pregnant women are clammering at the doors of abortion providers, demanding abortions at 30+ weeks, because they just don't feel like being pregnant, anymore. Uh, yeah, that's a huge issue...not.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#316188 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The baby isn't born so it won't miss it's life. Wonderful.
Now you're getting it.

You refuse to admit that there really are kids who wish they'd never been born in the first place, and women who wish they'd never become mothers.

Doesn't fit your script, so you ignore it, deny it, and try to convince yourself we're lying about it.

Facts itch, don't they.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316189 Nov 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey dunderhead: it wasn't about white women wanting black babies. It's about white men and women wanting white infants to adopt, and railing that white women are having abortions instead of gestating unwanted kids to term and giving them away.
They presume it will make it easier to obtain and raise a white infant INSTEAD of a 2 year old or a brown/black one.
The assertion was that few anti-choice folks are interested in preventing the abortion of brown babies...and intensely interested in obligating white women to gestate for infertile white couples, who 'deserve an infant' who's the same color as they are.
And that if white women weren't the ones preponderantly aborting, which we are, since we're currently the preponderant population, most of these old white folks writing the laws wouldn't give a flying fart in a windstorm about abortion. But since the current numbers of available white babies, continue to be overwhelmed by a preponderance of brown 'illegal' ones (or some such nonsense) they have to conserve the white folks any way they can.
It's nuts alright, but that doesn't mean I'M nuts for pointing it out....yet again.
And you conveniently misunderstood my assertion, so that you could avoid trying to prove me wrong, coward.
The preponderence of couples obtaining children from other countries demonstrates that you are wrong. Many Indian and Chinese little girls are being adopted because of their availability. Also South American children are more available. It isn't easy to adopt a child in this country and black social workers are reluctant to give black children to white couples. They feel that they will lose their culture.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#316190 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is 'they'? My understanding is that the good folks of the city are voting. If they want to continue to have late term abortion mills, they will vote for the status quo.
If the people of Albuqurque vote to ban all abortion after twenty weeks, I strongly suggest women of childbearing age find another state in which to reside, or the cemeteries will become a whole lot fuller of martyred women.

Maybe that's what the sadistic cowards who show up to the polls really want.

We'll see if they get it.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316191 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know what I am talking about. Why are you trying to invalidate what I'm saying? You don't want to face the truth of what you are trying to do? Strip women of their civil rights in order to give them over to an embryo/fetus you view as "innocent", as an "empty slate" something of more "value" then the "defiled" women carrying same?
I am not stripping women of their civil right to kill their babies. It is legal and they have easy access to abortionists.

Life for life, no the mother's life isn't worth more than her child's. Why should it be? Simply because her mother let her live?
katie

Seattle, WA

#316192 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There was some nonsense about white women wanting blacks babies. I just didn't get it.
You don't get the underlying fear of the PLM/RR that less white babies are being born? That's what NAP mentioned.

Nothing "about white women wanting black babies." No wonder you didn't get it. She never said it.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316193 Nov 19, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't you an your ilk crying about that? Lives are ending!!!! Oh wait, maybe I need to rephrase that so you'll care... Human lives are being terminated!!
I think they are.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#316194 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No Katie, I am validating the unborn children you lost.
Only a sanctimonious, arrogant, self-centered BITCH would have the effrontery to try and 'validate' the miscarriage of someone else.

You vile, cowardly, idiots aren't required to validate our lost embryos...now go pound some more sand.

Atrisco Village

#316195 Nov 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Totally believable. And when that gets passed, they'll come gunning for the early term ones, too...the only reason they haven't yet is that they were getting their feet in the door with fetal heartbeats. Now that THAT obstacle's out of the way, the ban on abortion PERIOD can commence. Criminalizing it, rather than reducing it, or the need for it, has ALWAYS been the agenda.
I know. These misogynists aren't concerned for women, or the infants that will be the product of their fascist laws. They have no respect for the rights we real Americans hold dearly.
katie

Seattle, WA

#316196 Nov 19, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I see. So, these people believe that hordes of pregnant women are clammering at the doors of abortion providers, demanding abortions at 30+ weeks, because they just don't feel like being pregnant, anymore. Uh, yeah, that's a huge issue...not.
Exactly. Ink and I were discussing stripping women of their civil rights when she supplied that link -- as if all abortions were taking place that late in pregnancy. Or, as if an 8wk embryo was able to "respond to stimuli". I probably could've worded it better, elise.
katie

Seattle, WA

#316197 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to give some recognition and empathy for the existance of my grandson, that would be nice.
I have throughout the years. Used to every time you mentioned it. You ignored it, flew past it, never saw it, and not once ever said a thing about my loss. Maybe it is because you are unable to empathize or sympathize with someone like me. It doesn't matter anymore.

Atrisco Village

#316198 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously haven't read the details of the law, dear, and, unfortunately, neither have most of the people of the city. Most Burquenos don't realize that the ban includes pregnancies where the fetus has severe and/or deadly diagnoses. A woman can be forced to give birth to an infant that will suffer until it dies, under this ban. You're a real gem, if you support that, my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min River Tam 231,986
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 41 min Grey Ghost 1,144,190
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 42 min LonePalm 2,197
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 28,249
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 19 hr Star On 47 645
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) Tue Mr bobo 145
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 Nov 22 ngzcaz 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE