Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
295,781 - 295,800 of 305,442 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Mortals try to hard to be God.
those who think they can determine when a human life has value and is worth protecting, are practicing the ultimate in deity playing.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that women be breeding stock for other women?
not at all. did you hear me say that woman should be bound and forced to undergo forced impregnation? with the various forms of effective contraception available today for both women and men, and the use of multiple methods simultaneously, the chances of pregnancy can be reduced to practically nil.
breeding stock. please.
Every time you ejaculate into you hand millions thousands of potential humans die.
"potential" human life not an actual one. you can dispose of as many eggs as you wish also.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
"potential" human life not an actual one. you can dispose of as many eggs as you wish also.
Oh gee, thanks for your permission, dink.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Playa: "Ink refuses to believe that animals have a soul.
She thinks they're decorations."
^^^ Stands up for animals. Promotes killing baby humans.^^^

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Doesn't take much effort at all, really. The hard part was making him up to begin with, and getting fools to buy into it.
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Mortals try to hard to be God.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
not all born lives go to adulthood, even without induced killing.
so what?
So why are you so concerned with lives which haven't even been born yet, and totally Unconcerned with lives which have?

Why are you here, worships the fetus???

Oh...yeah. Just answered my own question.

You're such a dink.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=-Na9-jV_OJIXX
Hate when that happens...Oooo Oooo she said 'hate'....!!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

You brought up the argument without refuting it, cur.

The original argument was about "human", not "a human.

A fertilized egg is not a unique human life; it's nothing until it implants and goes to term. oTherefore, it's no different than a random cell. A cell can develop into a teratoma, a form of tumor that creates random bodily structures. They are usually removed early, but have a possibility of developing enough rudimentary structures to be considered a life form. Is it wrong to deny it that chance? It's human, after all.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
i know it's tough for you mutt. but be honest. the other poster was saying "a human" is the same as "human being". "a human", not "human",a significant distinction.
moreover you are responding to me, not that other poster and i have never made that claim. i only said the other posters flake of skin was "from" a human and was not a unique, individual developing human life. refute what i said and not something you just make up.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would lies soothe my conscious? The first false premise of the entire PLM is that an embryo/fetus = newborn.
All one has to do is see the available advertising where there's a cute cherub smiling for the camera with the headline/caption that abortion is murder. <GASP!!> Who'd want to kill such a sweet thing anyway? And on purpose!! Horrid!
Which leads to false premise number two -- women who've aborted are murderers or have paid a hitman to murder their babies.
You can keep believing that for the both of us, Ink. I choose reality. And it soothes my conscious just fine.
Katie: It soothes my conscious (sic) just fine to support killing babies in the womb.
________

In order to have a soothe conscience, you first have to have a conscience.

^^^ Sociopaths lack a working conscience ^^^
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
Oh look there is flake of skin on my arm. It's a tiny human being.
AyaDontKnow posted: "Oh look there is flake of skin on my arm. It's a tiny human being."

I hope you get a "Biology For Dummies" book in your stocking.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all pregnancies go to term, even without induced abortion.
Bhitler: "Not all pregnancies go to term, even without induced abortion."

Not all 12-trimester-old children live to 13-trimesters old...even without intentionally killing them. Therefore, Casey Anthony was right in intentionally killing Caylee when she was 12-trimesters old?

You're a mess.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't speak for AyakaNeo, but my interpretation of her basic point is that some women do not want kids and prefer to do other things with their lives, and like women who want to be mothers first and foremost, they shouldn't be vilified for their choice.
There is no right or wrong choice, only personal preference. And I know many people will say 'just don't get pregnant', but for women who want kids it's easy...just get pregnant, but for women who don't want kids have it harder trying to avoid pregnancy.
I didn't have any trouble avoiding pregnancy and the pro choice on this thread will tell you that in their opinion, I am pretty dumb. How can a so called dumb person have no problem avoiding pregnancy and this smart guys can't?
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
those who think they can determine when a human life has value and is worth protecting, are practicing the ultimate in deity playing.
Takes a big ego to decide who lives and who dies.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all pregnancies go to term, even without induced abortion.
Not all children live until their first birthday. What's your point, kill them because they may not make it anyhow?
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get NR's stubbornness regarding this definition. From the first time he interrupted that long ago conversation on the philosophy of human being, he has overlooked everything the philosophy discusses -- like being aware of self and others, interacting with environment, etc.-- in order to claim because human and human being are synonymous in common usage, then a fetus is a human being. Even though the fetus has no ability to be anything beyond potential human being until outside the womb.
It's as if he chooses to ignore this even as he weirdly personifies that potential into the equivalence of a newborn. You'd think NR had a romantic vision of newborns playing inside their mothers' wombs.
First of all, it is YOU who unsolicitly interjected "philosophy of human being" nonsense into the conversation.

Review:

BITNER HERSELF said conceded "a human" (noun) is in the womb.

I later mentioned that she agreed a "human being" was in the womb.

She said that she said "a human"...not a "human being."

I said they are synonyms.

She said they are not synonyms and asked me to prove it.

I provided a thesaurus link that correctly says they synonyms. I then asked her to provide link demonstrating that they are not synonyms.

....and, she has failed to do so.

THEN, YOU pop up and begin bloviating about philosophy of human being. You realized Bitner was wrong, so you tried to change the question.

And.

You failed.

Miserably.

Again.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I never said it couldn't be done. Your daughters made their own choices. Every other woman is afforded that same right.
You said you had plans that didn't involve your kids.(shrug)
I said that I had FEW plans that didn't include my kids and husband. That means not many at all.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get NR's stubbornness regarding this definition. From the first time he interrupted that long ago conversation on the philosophy of human being, he has overlooked everything the philosophy discusses -- like being aware of self and others, interacting with environment, etc.-- in order to claim because human and human being are synonymous in common usage, then a fetus is a human being. Even though the fetus has no ability to be anything beyond potential human being until outside the womb.
It's as if he chooses to ignore this even as he weirdly personifies that potential into the equivalence of a newborn. You'd think NR had a romantic vision of newborns playing inside their mothers' wombs.
For someone who says she bases her beliefs on the appropriateness to kill babies in utero on "science," Katie sure leans heavily on her subjective "philosophy" nonsense.
______

Katie V. posted: NR weirdly personifies that potential life in the womb into the equivalence of a newborn.

As early as 5-7wks gestation, mom can find out "It's A Girl!"...or..."It's A Boy!"

www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com
_______

Katie V. posted: "You'd think NR had a romantic vision of newborns playing inside their mothers' wombs."

"My grandma is weird. She spends her time trying to kill babies in the womb. She's a nutcase." - Katie's granddaughter
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would lies soothe my conscious? The first false premise of the entire PLM is that an embryo/fetus = newborn.
All one has to do is see the available advertising where there's a cute cherub smiling for the camera with the headline/caption that abortion is murder. <GASP!!> Who'd want to kill such a sweet thing anyway? And on purpose!! Horrid!
Which leads to false premise number two -- women who've aborted are murderers or have paid a hitman to murder their babies.
You can keep believing that for the both of us, Ink. I choose reality. And it soothes my conscious just fine.
No I don't equal it to a newborn, I equal it to a preborn.
I was able to see my daughter's baby who was born at 20 weeks gestation and you are fooling yourself if you think that he was a blob of cells. He was a child and we buried him. None of us will forget his beautiful little face.

That is reality and it doesn't seem right in any way to intentionally kill that baby.
Doo Doo on Stinky Feces

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you should school yourself on Pro Life.
Why ? What did I say that was incorrect?

In the context of abortion, Pro Life believes the government has an obligation to preserve human life. This involvement of the government would include the death penalty and the right to die (euthanasia).
Yes, HUMAN life. That's what I said. Within the context of the abortion issue pro life refers to HUMAN life, not canine, feline, insect, etc. life.
Sounds like we agree but you're just fishing for something to argue about.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>But she can't be miserable about having given up her child, because that wouldn't fit your narrow, confined, short-sighted and obtuse script.
You obviously have no sympathy for women who relinquish their babies and aren't dancing in the streets as a result, but instead spend months and years regretting that particular decision. Especially the ones for whom it doesn't turn out the way it did for 'Rose', and her grands.
Pardon me while I puke.
Interesting post. I imagine that giving up a child for adoption is the hardest thing any woman could do.

You think that she will regret killing the child less than giving it a chance to live even if not with her?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Nuculur option 1,099,704
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 226,235
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,068
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••