Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,363
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

#316132 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get NR's stubbornness regarding this definition. From the first time he interrupted that long ago conversation on the philosophy of human being, he has overlooked everything the philosophy discusses -- like being aware of self and others, interacting with environment, etc.-- in order to claim because human and human being are synonymous in common usage, then a fetus is a human being. Even though the fetus has no ability to be anything beyond potential human being until outside the womb.
It's as if he chooses to ignore this even as he weirdly personifies that potential into the equivalence of a newborn. You'd think NR had a romantic vision of newborns playing inside their mothers' wombs.
First of all, it is YOU who unsolicitly interjected "philosophy of human being" nonsense into the conversation.

Review:

BITNER HERSELF said conceded "a human" (noun) is in the womb.

I later mentioned that she agreed a "human being" was in the womb.

She said that she said "a human"...not a "human being."

I said they are synonyms.

She said they are not synonyms and asked me to prove it.

I provided a thesaurus link that correctly says they synonyms. I then asked her to provide link demonstrating that they are not synonyms.

....and, she has failed to do so.

THEN, YOU pop up and begin bloviating about philosophy of human being. You realized Bitner was wrong, so you tried to change the question.

And.

You failed.

Miserably.

Again.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316133 Nov 19, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I never said it couldn't be done. Your daughters made their own choices. Every other woman is afforded that same right.
You said you had plans that didn't involve your kids.(shrug)
I said that I had FEW plans that didn't include my kids and husband. That means not many at all.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

#316134 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get NR's stubbornness regarding this definition. From the first time he interrupted that long ago conversation on the philosophy of human being, he has overlooked everything the philosophy discusses -- like being aware of self and others, interacting with environment, etc.-- in order to claim because human and human being are synonymous in common usage, then a fetus is a human being. Even though the fetus has no ability to be anything beyond potential human being until outside the womb.
It's as if he chooses to ignore this even as he weirdly personifies that potential into the equivalence of a newborn. You'd think NR had a romantic vision of newborns playing inside their mothers' wombs.
For someone who says she bases her beliefs on the appropriateness to kill babies in utero on "science," Katie sure leans heavily on her subjective "philosophy" nonsense.
______

Katie V. posted: NR weirdly personifies that potential life in the womb into the equivalence of a newborn.

As early as 5-7wks gestation, mom can find out "It's A Girl!"...or..."It's A Boy!"

www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com
_______

Katie V. posted: "You'd think NR had a romantic vision of newborns playing inside their mothers' wombs."

"My grandma is weird. She spends her time trying to kill babies in the womb. She's a nutcase." - Katie's granddaughter
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316135 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would lies soothe my conscious? The first false premise of the entire PLM is that an embryo/fetus = newborn.
All one has to do is see the available advertising where there's a cute cherub smiling for the camera with the headline/caption that abortion is murder. <GASP!!> Who'd want to kill such a sweet thing anyway? And on purpose!! Horrid!
Which leads to false premise number two -- women who've aborted are murderers or have paid a hitman to murder their babies.
You can keep believing that for the both of us, Ink. I choose reality. And it soothes my conscious just fine.
No I don't equal it to a newborn, I equal it to a preborn.
I was able to see my daughter's baby who was born at 20 weeks gestation and you are fooling yourself if you think that he was a blob of cells. He was a child and we buried him. None of us will forget his beautiful little face.

That is reality and it doesn't seem right in any way to intentionally kill that baby.
Doo Doo on Stinky Feces

New York, NY

#316136 Nov 19, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you should school yourself on Pro Life.
Why ? What did I say that was incorrect?

In the context of abortion, Pro Life believes the government has an obligation to preserve human life. This involvement of the government would include the death penalty and the right to die (euthanasia).
Yes, HUMAN life. That's what I said. Within the context of the abortion issue pro life refers to HUMAN life, not canine, feline, insect, etc. life.
Sounds like we agree but you're just fishing for something to argue about.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316137 Nov 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>But she can't be miserable about having given up her child, because that wouldn't fit your narrow, confined, short-sighted and obtuse script.
You obviously have no sympathy for women who relinquish their babies and aren't dancing in the streets as a result, but instead spend months and years regretting that particular decision. Especially the ones for whom it doesn't turn out the way it did for 'Rose', and her grands.
Pardon me while I puke.
Interesting post. I imagine that giving up a child for adoption is the hardest thing any woman could do.

You think that she will regret killing the child less than giving it a chance to live even if not with her?
katie

Seattle, WA

#316138 Nov 19, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: It soothes my conscious (sic) just fine to support killing babies in the womb.
________
In order to have a soothe conscience, you first have to have a conscience.
^^^ Sociopaths lack a working conscience ^^^
No, Ink said "conscience". I said and mean "conscious" because I'm fully aware of what depriving women their civil rights to bodily autonomy and personal privacy entails. And I am not okay with that.

I am perfectly okay with women determining their own outcomes -- even when pregnant.

It soothes my conscious just fine, thank you.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#316139 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting post. I imagine that giving up a child for adoption is the hardest thing any woman could do.
So do I, and I'm glad I was never faced with that choice, since my children were born into a marriage that (at the time) was healthy and welcoming to them, and my abortion wasn't of an adoptable fetus. You'd prefer they do the hardest thing, so you can rest easier. You disgust me.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that she will regret killing the child less than giving it a chance to live even if not with her?
I don't just think so - all my anecdotal evidence points to that conclusion.

There are plenty of people in the world already. It's been pointed out to you several times that a preponderance of anti-choicers would happily allow the abortions of as many brown people as possible, and that the REAL reason for your 'birth at all cost' angst is the dwindling number of WHITE ladies who have babies and give them up rather than aborting them.

Makes it harder for the inferts to be parents to an infant.
katie

Seattle, WA

#316140 Nov 19, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
those who think they can determine when a human life has value and is worth protecting, are practicing the ultimate in deity playing.
You mean, like you are? Giving the embryo/fetus -- not born, not a citizen -- civil rights taken from the woman pregnant with it?

Try to twist that into a knot, honey.
katie

Seattle, WA

#316141 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Takes a big ego to decide who lives and who dies.
You'd know, wouldn't you? All the while determining what pregnant women *should* do rather than allowing them to do what is right for their families, themselves, their circumstances.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316142 Nov 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>So do I, and I'm glad I was never faced with that choice, since my children were born into a marriage that (at the time) was healthy and welcoming to them, and my abortion wasn't of an adoptable fetus. You'd prefer they do the hardest thing, so you can rest easier. You disgust me.
<quoted text>I don't just think so - all my anecdotal evidence points to that conclusion.
There are plenty of people in the world already. It's been pointed out to you several times that a preponderance of anti-choicers would happily allow the abortions of as many brown people as possible, and that the REAL reason for your 'birth at all cost' angst is the dwindling number of WHITE ladies who have babies and give them up rather than aborting them.
Makes it harder for the inferts to be parents to an infant.
You are just plain nuts, my friend. I'll let someone else respond to you.
katie

Seattle, WA

#316143 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't equal it to a newborn, I equal it to a preborn.
I was able to see my daughter's baby who was born at 20 weeks gestation and you are fooling yourself if you think that he was a blob of cells. He was a child and we buried him. None of us will forget his beautiful little face.
That is reality and it doesn't seem right in any way to intentionally kill that baby.
When have I ever referred to an embryo/fetus as a "blob of cells"?

Have you gone on to forget the context of Chicky's quote regarding "blob of cells" and the question asked of me if I had a problem with her using it?

Why would I have a problem with the way someone else expresses themselves? You, NR, and others express yourselves in ways that I find abhorrent, but you don't see me trying to control your efforts at trying.

Your whole point failed because you tried to be incendiary with me for no reason whatsoever.

Try again?

(btw, you must have forgotten my own lost fetus at 23 weeks -- the one with no kidneys... the one I agonized over for a few days on what to do, what to do before the fetus died on its own. or maybe it's just 'cause you have no empathy/sympathy for someone like me)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#316144 Nov 19, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bhitler: "Not all pregnancies go to term, even without induced abortion."
Not all 12-trimester-old children live to 13-trimesters old...even without intentionally killing them. Therefore, Casey Anthony was right in intentionally killing Caylee when she was 12-trimesters old?
You're a mess.
Wrong, you just missed my point, that's all. Not my fault.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316145 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all children live until their first birthday. What's your point, kill them because they may not make it anyhow?
Ah, another one too stupid to understand the point, which was that your statement about how they WILL become newborns if you leave them alone, is not true. They MAY. And then again, they may NOT.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316146 Nov 19, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, it is YOU who unsolicitly interjected "philosophy of human being" nonsense into the conversation.
Review:
BITNER HERSELF said conceded "a human" (noun) is in the womb.
I later mentioned that she agreed a "human being" was in the womb.
She said that she said "a human"...not a "human being."
I said they are synonyms.
She said they are not synonyms and asked me to prove it.
I provided a thesaurus link that correctly says they synonyms. I then asked her to provide link demonstrating that they are not synonyms.
....and, she has failed to do so.
THEN, YOU pop up and begin bloviating about philosophy of human being. You realized Bitner was wrong, so you tried to change the question.
And.
You failed.
Miserably.
Again.
Oh, bull, she did not interject the concept into the conversation. I did, from the beginning of the conversation.

Why must you lie so much?

Oh, yeah, that's right, because lies are all you have.

That makes YOU the failure.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316147 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
When have I ever referred to an embryo/fetus as a "blob of cells"?
Have you gone on to forget the context of Chicky's quote regarding "blob of cells" and the question asked of me if I had a problem with her using it?
Why would I have a problem with the way someone else expresses themselves? You, NR, and others express yourselves in ways that I find abhorrent, but you don't see me trying to control your efforts at trying.
Your whole point failed because you tried to be incendiary with me for no reason whatsoever.
Try again?
(btw, you must have forgotten my own lost fetus at 23 weeks -- the one with no kidneys... the one I agonized over for a few days on what to do, what to do before the fetus died on its own. or maybe it's just 'cause you have no empathy/sympathy for someone like me)
Katie said;
Even though the fetus has no ability to be anything beyond potential human being until outside the womb.

Didn't your lost fetus look like a baby? My grandson sure did.

Interesting that you call your child a fetus, we called ours Julian.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316148 Nov 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, another one too stupid to understand the point, which was that your statement about how they WILL become newborns if you leave them alone, is not true. They MAY. And then again, they may NOT.
So what is your point? If you kill it, for sure it won't be a newborn.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316149 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd know, wouldn't you? All the while determining what pregnant women *should* do rather than allowing them to do what is right for their families, themselves, their circumstances.
Not really. Pregnant women have access to abortion clinics.

Killing unborn children for their families, themselves and circumstances is not for the faint hearted.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#316150 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Takes a big ego to decide who lives and who dies.
Like euthanizing a pet. Oh wait; pets are inferior to us humans and that makes it ok!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316151 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is your point? If you kill it, for sure it won't be a newborn.
Damn, you're dumb. I said what the point was, that your statement was incorrect. Abortion was beside the point, not a part of it.

Breathe in.....breathe out. Give that poor struggling brain cell it's much needed oxygen before it dies on you. Clearly it's the only one you have left.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min ChristineM 230,957
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min eghhed 1,129,467
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 46 min PieceMaker 500
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 47 min SpaceBlues 1,625
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr Ramando From SF 27,981
loan needed (Dec '13) Thu Lillyvet 6
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu Rama 201,197

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE