Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311485 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Havertown, PA

#316158 Nov 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You have nothing with which to refute me, so you're content to call me 'nuts' and run away.
Sadistic cowards are plentiful around here, but you and sASSy vie for the title of queen in that department.
I don't know where to start. Everything you said is so off the wall. I guess I would just disagree with everything you said.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#316159 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think we will learn even more about the ability of the fetus to react to stimuli?
http://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20130102/babie...
Uh-huh. Refute what she said, rather than changing the subject to one that suits your agenda, and inadvertently proves her point...

A reminder: she SAID that your faction is more concerned with the civil rights of a non-born person than a born one. Any born one, but especially female born ones.

I'll wait for you to ACTUALLY address this...and I'll probably be old and gray before you even attempt such a thing.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316160 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I called mine Aaron. And still do. But my girls don't think they have a dead brother. They know I lost a pregnancy.
They have a deceased sister, though. And miss her like crazy.
I certainly know the differences between losing an 8wk embryo, a 23wk fetus, and a 16yr old daughter.
The two in utero were unknowns, dreams that never came true. My youngest was a life. A bright sparkle of life taken much too soon.
I am truly sorry for all your losses but I believe that the unborn babies were every bit as human and loved by God as your daughter.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#316161 Nov 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>But she can't be miserable about having given up her child, because that wouldn't fit your narrow, confined, short-sighted and obtuse script.
You obviously have no sympathy for women who relinquish their babies and aren't dancing in the streets as a result, but instead spend months and years regretting that particular decision. Especially the ones for whom it doesn't turn out the way it did for 'Rose', and her grands.
Pardon me while I puke.
I have an idea...why doesn't everyone allow women to take responsibility for their own decisions? Sometimes people do regret decisions that they make (sometimes very serious regrets for very serious decisions,) and have to deal with the consequences of that. What a concept, eh? These busybodies need to stay the hell out of a woman's private medical matters, already.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#316162 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where to start. Everything you said is so off the wall. I guess I would just disagree with everything you said.
Of course you would - it all fails to support your bullshit reasons for wanting women to relinquish their babies rather than aborting them.

I can't help it that you think the truth is 'nuts' and 'off the wall', but rather than argue about it BEING the truth, you'd prefer to keep tripping over the ever-growing pile of feces you try to convince me is truth.

You refuse to look at any other numbers but the ones you're so 'appalled' by, even when it's pointed out that they haven't changed for the worse, but for the better...because you can't use THOSE facts to advance your cause of obligating fertile women to gestate for the inferts.

Too fuggin bad.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#316163 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am truly sorry for all your losses but I believe that the unborn babies were every bit as human and loved by God as your daughter.
You also think what you 'believe' is so important that it should outweigh the personal reproductive decisions of any and every given pregnant woman who would make a decision of which you don't approve.

We get it. We just don't care what you believe. Now go pound sand.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#316164 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think we will learn even more about the ability of the fetus to react to stimuli?
http://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20130102/babie...
Yes, it is fascinating. The last ten weeks of pregnancy -- of which your link discusses -- is a very interesting time for near term fetuses.

There aren't any legal abortions at this time, either. But you probably overlooked it in your zeal to strip women of their civil rights. Or the pesky fact most induced abortion occur during the 8th week of pregnancy. Not the 30th week you're alluding to in your above post.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316165 Nov 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you would - it all fails to support your bullshit reasons for wanting women to relinquish their babies rather than aborting them.
I can't help it that you think the truth is 'nuts' and 'off the wall', but rather than argue about it BEING the truth, you'd prefer to keep tripping over the ever-growing pile of feces you try to convince me is truth.
You refuse to look at any other numbers but the ones you're so 'appalled' by, even when it's pointed out that they haven't changed for the worse, but for the better...because you can't use THOSE facts to advance your cause of obligating fertile women to gestate for the inferts.
Too fuggin bad.
It isn't the truth and you need anger management.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316166 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is fascinating. The last ten weeks of pregnancy -- of which your link discusses -- is a very interesting time for near term fetuses.
There aren't any legal abortions at this time, either. But you probably overlooked it in your zeal to strip women of their civil rights. Or the pesky fact most induced abortion occur during the 8th week of pregnancy. Not the 30th week you're alluding to in your above post.
There are legal abortions done in the third trimester. It kept Tiller and Gosnell and plenty of others in lucrative businesses for years.
This has nothing to do with stripping women of their right to abort their fetuses, it has to do with the fact that these fetuses are real humans who's life nobody really has a moral right to end. Legal right yes. You are marginalizing these babies by insisting that they are less human than you. That was you once and I would fight for your life. 8 weeks is no less a human being than 30 weeks.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316167 Nov 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You also think what you 'believe' is so important that it should outweigh the personal reproductive decisions of any and every given pregnant woman who would make a decision of which you don't approve.
We get it. We just don't care what you believe. Now go pound sand.
What I believe is important as it is who I am. Just as what you believe is who you are.

I am not standing in the way of anyone legally killing their unborn child.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#316168 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can afford to believe that even as you try to invalidate my pertinent point based on something you'll (hopefully) never experience.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#316169 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean, legal late-term abortions? Albuquerque is one of the few where they are legal...for now. There's a vote today, deciding that very issue, in fact. If the late-term abortion ban is voted in, today, it will mean that ALL late-term abortions will be banned, INCLUDING those diagnosed as dangerous to the woman, fetus, or both. Even when the fetus has no chance of life or quality of life after birth, the woman will be forced to continue the pregnancy. Unbelievable.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#316170 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't the truth and you need anger management.
How do you know it isn't the truth? You think all women are content with placing their babies up for adoption? More content than women who've aborted?

You called her nuts instead of providing some kind of counter claim, something with facts included.

That's a "guy" strategy if ever there were one.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316171 Nov 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Uh-huh. Refute what she said, rather than changing the subject to one that suits your agenda, and inadvertently proves her point...
A reminder: she SAID that your faction is more concerned with the civil rights of a non-born person than a born one. Any born one, but especially female born ones.
I'll wait for you to ACTUALLY address this...and I'll probably be old and gray before you even attempt such a thing.
I don't think a mother should kill her baby and I don't think a baby should kill her mother. ONly mom has the legal right to do that. What else do you want to know?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316172 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know it isn't the truth? You think all women are content with placing their babies up for adoption? More content than women who've aborted?
You called her nuts instead of providing some kind of counter claim, something with facts included.
That's a "guy" strategy if ever there were one.
There was some nonsense about white women wanting blacks babies. I just didn't get it.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#316173 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There are legal abortions done in the third trimester. It kept Tiller and Gosnell and plenty of others in lucrative businesses for years.
This has nothing to do with stripping women of their right to abort their fetuses, it has to do with the fact that these fetuses are real humans who's life nobody really has a moral right to end. Legal right yes. You are marginalizing these babies by insisting that they are less human than you. That was you once and I would fight for your life. 8 weeks is no less a human being than 30 weeks.
I haven't marginalized anything. I see other women have different circumstances then I'll ever have to endure. These women also deserve their civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy. An embryo/fetus is never going to miss what it never had -- life outside the womb. That's the reality.

Women, on the other hand, know what it's like having their civil rights stripped away because they're pregnant. That generation hasn't died out completely and there are plenty stories to go around.

What you and the entire PLM wants to do is remove these civil rights during pregnancy and pass them over to the insensate embryo/fetus because you all believe their "innocent" lives have more value than the women pregnant with them. Especially those women who are judged as sl*ts and wh*res, who sleep around, who actually enjoy their sexuality.

You and the PLM as a whole want women to have only one option, the one JM is always pushing onto others... that wives have sex with their husbands and always be open to conception.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#316174 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Takes a big ego to decide who lives and who dies.
No one dies.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316175 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any idea what you are talking about? If there are no late term abortions being done, what is the big fuss in the southwest?

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/new-mexico-ab...
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316176 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't marginalized anything. I see other women have different circumstances then I'll ever have to endure. These women also deserve their civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy. An embryo/fetus is never going to miss what it never had -- life outside the womb. That's the reality.
Women, on the other hand, know what it's like having their civil rights stripped away because they're pregnant. That generation hasn't died out completely and there are plenty stories to go around.
What you and the entire PLM wants to do is remove these civil rights during pregnancy and pass them over to the insensate embryo/fetus because you all believe their "innocent" lives have more value than the women pregnant with them. Especially those women who are judged as sl*ts and wh*res, who sleep around, who actually enjoy their sexuality.
You and the PLM as a whole want women to have only one option, the one JM is always pushing onto others... that wives have sex with their husbands and always be open to conception.
The baby isn't born so it won't miss it's life. Wonderful.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316177 Nov 19, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
No one dies.
Unborn baby always dies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min USAsince1680 1,403,316
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr _Susan_ 255,927
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr litesong 9,985
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Trojan 32,307
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 22 Frankie Rizzo 201,877
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web