Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314023 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ocean56

AOL

#315981 Nov 16, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
Katie,I am tired of you proaborts with your "oh noooooooooooooooooooo I am pregnant because I didn't know sex equals pregnancy sometimes" nonsense that leads to "I HAVE to abort". GROW UP LADIES,AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR YOUR ACTIONS.
THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF PREGNANCY IS SEX.
I suggest that YOU grow up, sASSy, and deal with the fact that no one has to live by your idiotic beliefs, faith-based or not. No woman who doesn't want children, either for a few years or EVER, has to remain totally celibate for a few years or for life simply because she isn't interested in being a mother.

Judging by your regressive posts, it's clear to me that you want women to have only TWO "choices," pregnancy or celibacy. Again, too bad. Just because a woman may never want pregnancy or children doesn't mean she has to punish herself with lifetime celibacy, no matter how many times you say she "should."

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315982 Nov 16, 2013
Yates wasn't TAKING her meds, idiot. Blaming meds for mental illness is like blaming aspirin for headaches.

Thinking is beyond you.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Prescription drugs are a big MONEY business today. Seems like we have MANY mentally ill,depressed and suicidal people. METHINKS many of those drugs make those people snap. What's to say that those taking those anti-depressant drugs today,won't "snap" and kill their born children? Perhaps that's why we have over 50 million abortions since RvW. These women are snapping?
Who knows.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315983 Nov 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She didn't need sympathy. She was one of those women who was very content with her decision. The no regrets type.
As I said both of them had good interactions with my children especially my youngest. They even took her into the city to see the Nutcracker at Christmas.
All I meant to do was to say that I personally knew someone who had abortions because she was happy with what she would tell you was a selfish lifestyle. What she had and how she lived was for her. She liked kids but preferred to borrow them.
It would be better if you read what I wrote at face value not what you added from your own feelings.
"As I said both of them had good interactions with my children especially my youngest. They even took her into the city to see the Nutcracker at Christmas."

Oh, so now, suddenly, it's BOTH of them who "borrowed" your child? So, why didn't you mention that she ALSO would have been a good parent, like you did the hubby?

And while we're at it, you said you didn't know what the husband thought, yet not knowing you STILL let a potential "baby murderer" take your child out. AND, apparently, the ACTUAL "baby murderer" we now know.

What kind of insane, neglectful, parent allows someone they think murdered her own babies to spend time with their child? None.

And you'll notice Sassy hasn't answered that question yet, of whether or not SHE would. You know why, Ink? Because she wouldn't.

Would you let Susan Smith, provided she got out of jail, take your child places just because the two of you had "interests" together, and she "interacted well" with the child? Of course not.

Put the shovel DOWN, Ink.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315984 Nov 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yates wasn't TAKING her meds, idiot. Blaming meds for mental illness is like blaming aspirin for headaches.
Thinking is beyond you.
<quoted text>
Thinking and honesty. She's a mess.

Indianapolis

#315985 Nov 16, 2013
Don't tout adoption as a solution to abortion when so many are NOT adopted.

What's hysterical is her saying that people have to go outside the country to adopt. That's ridiculous. There are hundreds of thousands of kids available here. the reason mosT go overseas is that they don't qualify in this country; other countries are fine with selling their orphans for the right price.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro choice people, except that they aren't unless you want an abortion.

Indianapolis

#315986 Nov 16, 2013
It's impossible for too many abortions to take place, since it's always one woman dealing with one pregnancy, as is her established right. That's like saying too many pEople are voting.

If the parents want to deny their minor daughter`s abortion, then correlating legislation must demand that those parents adopt any resultant offspring, freeing the child from the burden she didn't want to begin with.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> In decline? Are you out of your mind? Honey,you need to go check the stats.
NYC is at an all time high...
Two-thirds of New Yorkers (64%)- including 57% of pro-choice women - think too many abortions are taking place in New York City every year, more than half of city residents (51%) would support a 24-hour waiting period before abortion procedures can take place, and 63% of city residents support parental consent before anyone under the age of 18 can have an abortion, according to a comprehensive citywide poll conducted last year by McLaughlin & Associates and released by The Chiaroscuro Foundation

Indianapolis

#315987 Nov 16, 2013
I assume you're okay with hospitals police departments, etc, being closed on major holidays, then?
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>We've got to do something to stop this. There are many who are forced to work all day on Thanksgiving and other Holy Holidays like Easter and Christmas/eve or they will lose their jobs. Today,nobody can even afford to lose their jobs.
It takes the rest of us to put an end to it. Unfortunately though,many care more about a bargain or material things than their families.

Indianapolis

#315988 Nov 16, 2013
Complete crap, and not at all in line with AMA findings. Even a PLM zombie like you should question the idea of abortion causing alcoholism or drug addiction. Not to mention that 1st trimester abortions are amazingly safe.
sassyjm wrote:
Risks of Abortion
Medical Complications
•Heavy bleeding
•Infection
•Incomplete abortion
•Sepsis
•Anesthesia
•Damage to the cervix
•Scarring of the uterine lining
•Uterine perforation
•Damage to internal organs
•Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
•Endometritis
•Death
Emotional Complications
•Eating disorders
•Relationship problems
•Guilt
•Depression
•Flashbacks of abortion
•Suicidal thoughts
•Sexual dysfunction
•Alcohol and drug abuse
Higher Risk of These Issues Later:
•Breast cancer
•Cervical, ovarian, and liver cancer
•Placenta previa
•Ectopic pregnancy

Indianapolis

#315989 Nov 16, 2013
What about jews, atheists, and others who don`t celebrate your holidays, and how about people without families?
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ask this to Long Night Moon? She has a problem as well.
What a phony you are.
Holidays should be kept as family time. ESPECIALLY our religious Holiest days.
Why am I not surprised that you are defending this?
Soon Ocean will be in to tell me that women who choose to be child-free(CF for short lol)or single or CF(Catholic free),want to shop on Thanksgiving instead of being with family.
Manly

Eubank, KY

#315990 Nov 16, 2013
+++++++GOD NOW APPROVES OF SAME-SEX-MARRIAGE+++++++.God has changed His mind regarding Homosexuality. God can change His mind on matters if He wants to, there are instances in the Bible where God does just that!. This time is no different. God has certainly been answering the big Gays prayers lately!, with their recent Supreme Court victories and all. God wouldn't answer me, a Straight guy!. You know, I once asked God for a wife, 5 months later, He gave me a wh**e!. I do admit, I did used to blaspheme God a couple years on down before this, but I stopped this. I figured this was the reason God raped me. If God didn't want to give me a wife, He sure as Hell didn't have to give me that rotten wh**e!!!. Because God bestowed this evil upon me, my blaspheming Him returned with a vengence!!!. I lay it on old God now and I don't care if I do go burn forever, HAHAHAHAHA!!!. I blaspheme God real good now. I do it more then I ever did and I am a might proud of that fact, HAHAHAHAHA!!!...GIVE ME ANOTHER WH**E GOD!!!!!!!!!.
Gtown71

Dallas, TX

#315991 Nov 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Complete crap, and not at all in line with AMA findings. Even a PLM zombie like you should question the idea of abortion causing alcoholism or drug addiction. Not to mention that 1st trimester abortions are amazingly safe.
<quoted text>
Amazingly safe?

Indianapolis

#315992 Nov 16, 2013
Not all women consider aborting to be a deep secret. As for the second story, it doesn`t sound plausible since she easily could have had her own ultrasound.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>What Bitler fails to realize,is that many women have this need to share their deep secrets with people. I remember running into this girl that I went to HS with in a bar. We were barely friends back then,but we were friends of friends. She asked me what I've been up to since H.S and I told her that I got married and started a family. She went on to tell me that she dumped her old bf from HS and that she got a good job at this company nearby and that she had two abortions with him. I was dumbfounded. I was thinking WTF did that come from?
Another girl I worked with a few years ago who I just met,was telling me that she had a young son(as well as others)and that she scheduled an abortion but changed her mind at the last minute because her bf was so upset. I was like "Um...okay". She also had three others. I remember when I told her that I was pregnant,...I had a VERY early sonogram pic and was so shocked at how visible my baby was as well as formed at such an early sonogram and she said 'I have 4 kids,I know what they look like and it only looks like a poppy seed at that gestation age". I then brought in my pic and she was like "Holy Sh&T,I didn't know that they looked like that at that stage"

Indianapolis

#315993 Nov 16, 2013
Thanksgiving is a secular holiday. Not everyone celebrates it. It's just another choice you disapprove of.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't celebrate Thankgiving? Why am I surprised?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315994 Nov 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazingly safe?
Yes, actually, they are.

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/hs/pubhealth/modu...

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#315995 Nov 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I assume you're okay with hospitals police departments, etc, being closed on major holidays, then?
<quoted text>
Unfortunately we need those people to be on the job. They also get compensated better than the average cashier/retail clerk.

If I was working in a hospital I would be glad to try and make the patients holiday a little better which (IMO) is better than ringing up more crap that will be forgotten the day after Christmas.

People are free to shop away Thanksgiving and spend their money any way they choose, but the average retail worker isn't always being given the choice to give up all or part of their holiday.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315996 Nov 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
My daughter has a combination of OCD, Toutette's and dyslexia. So yes, she was a challenge bringing up, but I love her dearly (as I do her older sister) and she is rapidly becoming a best friend. Just mentioning those challenges did not translate into hatred (bitching) for motherhood or my kids.
People on here use OCD as an insult, but the reality is that it's an anxiety disorder, not exactly what is depicted on TV shows.
I'm sincerely glad for your granddaughter because I think having passion for something is important for adding quality to our lives.
People learn about Tourette's the way they *learn* about many things...through TV shows. Tourette's is not always that obvious and diagnosing it can be challenging. Many parents, because of misconceptions perpetrated by TV, miss the actual signs.
Like in anything else, accurate information is very key.
Yes we have OCD issues too. As she gets older, she deals with it better. Good luck to you.
No Relativism

United States

#315997 Nov 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Don't tout adoption as a solution to abortion when so many are NOT adopted.
What's hysterical is her saying that people have to go outside the country to adopt. That's ridiculous. There are hundreds of thousands of kids available here. the reason mosT go overseas is that they don't qualify in this country; other countries are fine with selling their orphans for the right price.
<quoted text>
cPeter: "Don't tout adoption as a solution to abortion when so many are NOT adopted."

There is a long waiting list of couples wishing to adopt these babies.

Keep up.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315998 Nov 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately we need those people to be on the job. They also get compensated better than the average cashier/retail clerk.
If I was working in a hospital I would be glad to try and make the patients holiday a little better which (IMO) is better than ringing up more crap that will be forgotten the day after Christmas.
People are free to shop away Thanksgiving and spend their money any way they choose, but the average retail worker isn't always being given the choice to give up all or part of their holiday.
Why can't folks use their common sense and realize that some professions are required to be covered 24/7 for emergencies but getting a deal on a TV isn't. Why not do your big sales some other day and close the stores. I bet they wouldn't loose a dollar in the long run.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315999 Nov 16, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO the faith-based "traditional marriage" arrangement DOES pressure women into having children, sASSy, and it also places the husband in the position of being the woman's BOSS. Why any woman would want to be part of such a marriage is beyond me, and thank goodness I have the ability to REJECT it.
You're just pissed that I criticize "traditional marriage" by saying I think it's a bad deal for women instead of praising it to make YOU happy. Too bad. You obviously don't "get it" either; I'm not interested in making you happy. Maybe you'll figure it out this time.
What exactly do you mean by faith-based trsditional marriage? Is there such a thing? Is it that you get married only to have children? I got married because I couldn't stay away from a hot husband.
No Relativism

United States

#316000 Nov 16, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody is as good as you are though. You have been on these forums for how many years,24/7,yet you have a family and work as a massage therapist,a doula and ...what else was it?
LOL
Your as believable as Elise is with her nurse stories or Foo's owning a bookstore.
LOL
Hey,speaking of foo,where is she? Back in rehab?
Bacterial vaginosis may have put her over the edge...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Jewbacca 1,524,171
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Cruising phart 32,926
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 20 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr 20 DelucaKoehn 11
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 18 RNC 11,137
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr 8 Allycat1999 290
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar '17 BuzzerPhartss 2
More from around the web