Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313372 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#315961 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
LOL, okay, Ink, my apologies. As bad as you are at making up stories, you actually are better than Stupid Sassy.
Nobody is as good as you are though. You have been on these forums for how many years,24/7,yet you have a family and work as a massage therapist,a doula and ...what else was it?

LOL

Your as believable as Elise is with her nurse stories or Foo's owning a bookstore.

LOL

Hey,speaking of foo,where is she? Back in rehab?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315962 Nov 15, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>I see that you conveniently ignored my question.
You're so called questions here,where ridiculous and that is why it was ignored or HAS been addressed a million times over.
Katie,I am tired of you proaborts with your "oh noooooooooooooooooooo I am pregnant because I didn't know sex equals pregnancy sometimes" nonsense that leads to "I HAVE to abort". GROW UP LADIES,AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR YOUR ACTIONS.
THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF PREGNANCY IS SEX.
Take notes. Write it on your calendars or planners. Write it on a post-it and hang it on your fridge or bathroom mirror or toilet paper role. Put a sign over your bed. Take a copy with you when you sleep over your bf or booty calls house.
"Katie,I am tired of you proaborts with your "oh noooooooooooooooooooo I am pregnant because I didn't know sex equals pregnancy sometimes"

There are no "proaborts".

But do provide a post where Katie, or any other pro-choice poster, has said this, Liar.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315963 Nov 15, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Oh give it a rest already. Stop calling people liars because they make you look like a dang fool.
We all see thru you Bitler. You're clueless. Now do something about it or get over it.
LOL
LOL, she made a fool out of herself.

Take a hike, Control Freak.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315964 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, too late to backpedal. You've been trying to do that ever since you made up that story.
Put the shovel down.
Okay I will use the same words so that you won't be confused. It takes so little to muddle your mind.

Convenience/ non medical/ self centered lifestyle means all the same to me. Chose to abort a perfectly good child.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315965 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar. Everyone forgets things occasionally, especially in a holiday rush. I know you'd like everyone to believe you are perfect, but you're fooling no one.
No, Black Friday is not different. It disrupts Thanksgiving by beginning on midnight in many places.
Oh, I see, YOU shop on Black Friday, don't you?
I ask again, why should YOUR holidays be treated any differently from anyone else's?
You don't celebrate Thankgiving? Why am I surprised?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315966 Nov 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always found that people who accuse others of lying or dishonesty are usually that way themselves and can't believe or trust others.
LOL, this after you accused me of not being honest, Hypocrite?

Damn, you're dumb.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315967 Nov 15, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody is as good as you are though. You have been on these forums for how many years,24/7,yet you have a family and work as a massage therapist,a doula and ...what else was it?
LOL
Your as believable as Elise is with her nurse stories or Foo's owning a bookstore.
LOL
I have no idea where Foo is.

I don't lie. I do have a family. And I am an LMBT and Doula, self-employed.

Those are facts.

I am not on here 24/7. THAT is a lie, yours.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315968 Nov 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't celebrate Thankgiving? Why am I surprised?
What are you babbling about? Yes, I celebrate Thanksgiving. I never said, or implied, that I didn't, Witless.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#315969 Nov 15, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Oh cut it out Bit. NOBODY cares why someone killed their child okay? The babys death is the ISSUE.
It's no different than any other crime against humanity. NOBODY cares why.
You should be able to answer that question yourself. You involve yourself with a religious organization that covered up world wide sexual abuse correct? Sexual abuse on living, breathing children that knew what was happening, felt every bit of what was going on and felt defenseless.

Location hidden

#315970 Nov 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay I will use the same words so that you won't be confused. It takes so little to muddle your mind.
Convenience/ non medical/ self centered lifestyle means all the same to me. Chose to abort a perfectly good child.
You know they were all perfectly good? You are about 50-70% wrong.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#315971 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"Katie,I am tired of you proaborts with your "oh noooooooooooooooooooo I am pregnant because I didn't know sex equals pregnancy sometimes"
There are no "proaborts".
But do provide a post where Katie, or any other pro-choice poster, has said this, Liar.
I think this is JM's short version that consent to sex equals consent to pregnancy. Of course, it's not accurate, but when has that ever bothered JM?

Location hidden

#315972 Nov 15, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody is as good as you are though. You have been on these forums for how many years,24/7,yet you have a family and work as a massage therapist,a doula and ...what else was it?
LOL
LOL
Feeling a little threatened by women who have actually done something with their lives?
Gtown71

Dallas, TX

#315973 Nov 16, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
I realize that you think I'm a control freak, and want total power over my WOMAN, but if you only knew me :)
I've been married "by the grace of God, and the grace of my wife " for 23 years today, and although I'll never win husband of the year - In 23 years I've never one time demanded that my wife cook the first meal, wash the first dish, clothes, or anything that can be washed, nor have I ever demanded sex for her. Now I've aired my dirty laundry for all to see, becouse it is part of my real life testimony.
People can think what they will, and they can also say what my wife should've done, but she chose to stay with me. I chose to stay with her.
We chose to stay together.
My wife is not perfect, but in my eyes she's as close as it gets. To say I've cleaned, cooked, or anything as much as she has would be a lie, but again I've never demanded any.
I've never even asked in a way that would make her think I was demanding anything.
My wife is extremely picky about what she eats, and has never cooked me a meal that has very many ingredients. Lol
Example - my wife has never ate mayonnaise, mustard, or any salad dressings. She eats salads, but plain. When I first met her, she ate plain cheeseburgers, and spaghetti O's.
Her taste have changed a little bit over the years and after our daughter was born, but not much.
When I cook - I cook what she likes and what my daughter likes.
My wife and I have very little in common,but it works for us. There have been times where I thought it would be nice to have a meal with onions, and other things in it, but I'm sure she's thought the same thing, only different deal.
I was 14 when I met her, and now I'm 42. I cannot imagine life without her, and thank God everyday that my ignorant choices in the past, didn't cause her to leave.
Believe it or not, since my father died when I was 9-10, I've been around women. My mother and sister and me. Now my wife, my daughter, and me.
I do respect women. I do feel for any woman who gets pregnant, and doesn't want to be. I do feel for the women that choose to keep and raise the child, and I also feel for those who have an abortion.
At the age of 29 - I found out that my mother and father had been having an affair with each other for 10 years, while they were married to their first spouses. I also was there as my mother made very bad choices, but no matter what she was my mother, and to this day I love her dearly, and miss her dearly. My sister has been married 4 times and even had my twin nefews due to a one night stand, but she's my sister, and I love her very much.
In short -I love and respect the women in my life, and I'm a very good father to my little girl. I don't want her looking for love from a male in the backseat of a car one day, just becouse her father never showed her true love.
I spend more time with my little girl in one month, than many if not most dads do in a year.
I do many things, I don't particularly like to do, but if it makes her happy, then I'm happy.
When she gets older -she can and may get into every bad thing there is in life, but it will not be becouse I failed to show her love, and I will still love her no matter what she does.
I just wish all young girls was taught, by the older ladies how to love and respect themselves. Instead of being taught oh well you're going to experiment with sex, and that's ok, do as you feel, and if you do get pregnant, then by law you have every right to get rid of "it".
There's no easy answer ocean, but I'm just saying the answer we have now, isn't working very well for any involved.
Peace woman :)

Location hidden

#315974 Nov 16, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>I see that you conveniently ignored my question.
You're so called questions here,where ridiculous and that is why it was ignored or HAS been addressed a million times over.
Katie,I am tired of you proaborts with your "oh noooooooooooooooooooo I am pregnant because I didn't know sex equals pregnancy sometimes" nonsense that leads to "I HAVE to abort". GROW UP LADIES,AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR YOUR ACTIONS.
THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF PREGNANCY IS SEX.
Take notes. Write it on your calendars or planners. Write it on a post-it and hang it on your fridge or bathroom mirror or toilet paper role. Put a sign over your bed. Take a copy with you when you sleep over your bf or booty calls house.
Unprotected sex. Btw, have you been drinking?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#315975 Nov 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know that. One of my granddaughters has a mild form of Tourette's. Originally they thought she was on the Autistic Spectrum but finally decided it's was actually Tourette's. What a great kid she is. Has a passion for film editing and graphics.
My daughter has a combination of OCD, Toutette's and dyslexia. So yes, she was a challenge bringing up, but I love her dearly (as I do her older sister) and she is rapidly becoming a best friend. Just mentioning those challenges did not translate into hatred (bitching) for motherhood or my kids.

People on here use OCD as an insult, but the reality is that it's an anxiety disorder, not exactly what is depicted on TV shows.

I'm sincerely glad for your granddaughter because I think having passion for something is important for adding quality to our lives.

People learn about Tourette's the way they *learn* about many things...through TV shows. Tourette's is not always that obvious and diagnosing it can be challenging. Many parents, because of misconceptions perpetrated by TV, miss the actual signs.

Like in anything else, accurate information is very key.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315976 Nov 16, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Your child has Tourettes and you aren't sure how to spell it?
Yes, that is correct. I'm not perfect...sorry.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315977 Nov 16, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>It is hard to "keep Holy the Sabbath Day" meaning,praying,Church/place of worship,family time,relaxing time,..when stores are all open. In NJ they had the blue laws?(Ugh,I am tired and can't think properly)and most stores are not open. It's good. It forces people to be together and have family time.
Those of us should not go out,spread the word and see what happens. Sadly,until THEY or their children are forced to work and be away from their families during Holidays,they don't care.
Sassy..."Your child has Tourettes and you aren't sure how to spell it?"

Sassy..."(Ugh,I am tired and can't think properly)"

Anyway...I agree with much of this post. The people who aren't forced to work don't really have a reason to care about the ones who are forced to work. There's nothing wrong with having a couple of days during the year when the spend-a-thon comes to a grinding halt. I greatly scaled back on the Christmas spending because I was afraid of giving my kids a bad impression of what's important.
Ocean56

AOL

#315978 Nov 16, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
Ocean just doesn't get it. Her EVERY post is anti-children/marriage but she somehow convinces herself and others that she isn't. Then she goes on rants about how we want to force children or marriage on her.
IMO the faith-based "traditional marriage" arrangement DOES pressure women into having children, sASSy, and it also places the husband in the position of being the woman's BOSS. Why any woman would want to be part of such a marriage is beyond me, and thank goodness I have the ability to REJECT it.

You're just pissed that I criticize "traditional marriage" by saying I think it's a bad deal for women instead of praising it to make YOU happy. Too bad. You obviously don't "get it" either; I'm not interested in making you happy. Maybe you'll figure it out this time.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315979 Nov 16, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this is JM's short version that consent to sex equals consent to pregnancy. Of course, it's not accurate, but when has that ever bothered JM?
The "short" version, huh? LOL.
Ocean56

AOL

#315980 Nov 16, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
Soon Ocean will be in to tell me that women who choose to be child-free(CF for short lol)or single or CF(Catholic free),want to shop on Thanksgiving instead of being with family.
And you're WRONG, as usual. It's really none of your business how a child-free or Catholic-free woman spends Thanksgiving, sASSy.

In fact, no one has to spend ANY holiday the way YOU say they "should." Your "shoulds" only apply to YOU. No one else is forced to live by them, and thank goodness for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 min Rshermr 10,959
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min RoxLo 1,497,487
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr LongerPharts 32,752
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 8 hr LongPhartz 95
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 hr Hedonist Heretic 258,481
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Feb 15 Jhuerta 287
How my search of $450000 dollars became real. Feb 14 Kesby Karen 1
More from around the web