Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
295,401 - 295,420 of 305,423 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi STO :)
I'd imagine putting up for adoption is pretty tough. But we don't aim for criminalizing it because some women have regrets. What gets me about AC is how they accuse us of dehumanizing the embryo/fetus - I don't - all while they dehumanize/demonize women who make the decision to terminate unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy. All the while they post as if they're justified to do such a thing while referring to PC as eeeevvviiilllllll for supporting women's civil rights to choice.
I agree with you. I would imagine putting up your child for adoption must be pretty tough. Rose did it. I am sure it broke her heart. She did it out of love. God has reunited her with him and what a beautiful,happy ending. She met her grands too :)

Some(way back then especially,as well as today)give the child up against their will or wants. They are forced kinda. THAT is very sad indeed.

Let's rewind back. SEX EQUALS PREGNANCY. We MUST take responsibility for our actions. Sure,we all love the great feeling of sex,but let's face it,it comes with a price tag. Let's bring everything into this discussion. Drinking,recreational drugs,prescription pills,being married and getting to flirty with someone at work,not taking care of our health,etc.....equals CONSEQUENCES. We MUST think twice before we act.

""""" """"" """"" What gets me about AC is how they accuse us of dehumanizing the embryo/fetus - I don't -"""" """"" """"" """"" ""

You support killing them as choice. THAT is not dehumanizing them?

Your granddaughter was alive,growing and developing and you were here fighting for the right to have her killed as choice.

Hello? Is anyone home here?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL are you implying that women who have repeated abortions should be divorced by her husband? LOL again.
Nope, I'm not. Stop playing dumb. Or are you playing?

Answer the question, what was stopping him from divorcing her?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Ink, every one of my pregnancies was wanted. Even the one I 'killed'. And having miscarried several times, and having lost my elder son to an aneurism, I know the difference between losing a wanted fetus, and losing a child. It's huge. I mourned my aborted embryo for a few hours, my miscarriages for a few more.
I'll mourn my son for the rest of my life.
I'm sure this has been said to you before, but you assume much when you refer to 97% of abortions as 'inconvenience abortions'. The fact that you carried your pregnancy to term doesn't make you a better person than the woman who aborts because the condom broke, and her husband just lost his job, and she knows that her job would be gone if she took maternity leave.
And while I've got you on the phone here, I'm just going to throw in that all the pissing and moaning you've done over 'hand-outs' is in direct opposition to the position you claim to take: You don't want women to abort for financial reasons, but you'll be damned if you'll willingly give them help in that department once they deliver. There are only certain ways your 'pro-life' stance will permit it, namely adoption.
You claim to have all kinds of mad sympathy for women who abort and regret it. What about the women who give their babies away, and regret it MORE?? Of all the women I know who've either aborted or relinquished, the women who opted for adoption were the shattered ones...the ones who cried every day for years...the ones who AGONIZED over where, how, and with whom their children grew up, their safety, their happiness....
Personally, I think you're a sadist...but that's jmo.
You're NOT the only woman in the world. Every one of us is different. I'm pro-choice, because regardless of how *I* feel about abortion, I can only make those choices for myself, under my own circumstances. I would never presume to tell a woman her choice was 'convenient','casually made', or 'unloving'; and I wouldn't DARE to suggest that she's obligated to feel regret...or obligated not to.
Reading your posts often makes me feel physically ill.
I am truly sorry for the loss of your son. My heart goes out to you.

""""" ""I mourned my aborted embryo for a few hours, my miscarriages for a few more"""" """

You support elective abortion for the entire 9 months of pregnancy. Question (if you're up to it)I'd like to know what exactly you mourned and why was one mourned longer than the other?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you but she still killed her baby for whatever reason.
Ocean's logic is,if you don't want a child,use birth control but if you do conceive one,kill it if you choose.

She visits Susan Smith in prison every year. They have a like mindset. They discuss the joys of "choice" or being "CF"(which means CHILD-FREE just in case you didn't see Oceans 4,000 post describing it).
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The results are not the issue. Your arrogance in judging another woman's reasons as trivial is.
The results, being a dead fetus is the issue.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's arrogance to categorize a decision as selfish when you don't know all the reasons behind it.
I will bet my life that you don't give a flying fig as to the reasons behind ANYONES choice for killing a born humans life.

It's "okay" for you to be arrogant in those cases. Their decisions aren't even worthy of being disussed or categorized. You'd be the first to lock em up and throw away the key.

Even if it was a young mom who killed her seconds old newborn and dumped them in a garbage.

Now,.....give me some lame excuse as to why you like to not compare the humans in the womb to the humans born who are seconds old.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I'm not. Stop playing dumb. Or are you playing?
Answer the question, what was stopping him from divorcing her?
Why would you ask such a stupid question unless you thought he should seek a divorce from an aborting wife?
katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie, this is what I read. Show me what I missed pertaining to constructing the numbers.
Nonetheless, having achieved their legal goal, many doctors -- including prominent members of the AMA -- went right on providing abortions. Some late-nineteenth-century observers estimated that two million were performed annually (which would mean that in Victorian America the number of abortions per capita was seven or eight times as high as it is today). Reagan argues persuasively that our image of nineteenth-century medicine is too monolithically hierarchical: while medical journals inveighed against abortion (and contraception), women were often able to make doctors listen to their needs and even lower their fees. And because, in the era before the widespread use of hospitals, women chose the doctors who would attend their whole families through many lucrative illnesses, medical men had self-interest as well as compassion for a motive. Thus in an 1888 exposť undercover reporters for the Chicago Times obtained an abortion referral from no less a personage than the head of the Chicago Medical Society.(He claimed he was conducting his own investigation.) Unless a woman died, doctors were rarely arrested and even more rarely convicted. Even midwives -- whom doctors continued to try to drive out of business by portraying them, unfairly, as dangerous abortion quacks -- practiced largely unmolested.
All you did was repost the excerpt I initially left for you plus a little more. I told you twice, if you'd bothered to read the entire article, you'd know where the author of the book got her information. That it was from court papers and other documents.

Here is what the article states in the third paragraph regarding the book author's facts. Why you weren't able to find this yourself is a mystery. I post links so you can read them when time permits.

"Some of the story of illegal abortion has been told by other historians: Linda Gordon, Rickie Solinger, James C. Mohr. But Reagan, who is an assistant professor of history, medicine, and women's studies at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, is the first to span the whole period of criminalization and to cover the subject in such depth. Moving skillfully between a nationwide perspective and a detailed study of Chicago, Reagan draws on a wide variety of primary documents, many never before examined. Using patient records, transcripts of trials and inquests into abortion-related deaths, medical-society proceedings, and reports in the popular press, she reconstructs the complex, shifting network of arrangements and understandings that enabled illegal abortion to persist, and sometimes even to flourish, for more than a hundred years. In doing so she not only brilliantly illuminates a hitherto shadowy aspect of American life but also raises crucial questions about the relationship between official mores and the values by which people -- including the promulgators of those official mores -- make the decisions that shape their lives."
http://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/issues/9...
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
I am truly sorry for the loss of your son. My heart goes out to you.
""""" ""I mourned my aborted embryo for a few hours, my miscarriages for a few more"""" """
You support elective abortion for the entire 9 months of pregnancy. Question (if you're up to it)I'd like to know what exactly you mourned and why was one mourned longer than the other?
Because it was wanted. She wouldn't have mourned it if it wasn't. The new little life is only worth mourning if the mother says so. It is a strange and large ego they have.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>I will bet my life that you don't give a flying fig as to the reasons behind ANYONES choice for killing a born humans life.
It's "okay" for you to be arrogant in those cases. Their decisions aren't even worthy of being disussed or categorized. You'd be the first to lock em up and throw away the key.
Even if it was a young mom who killed her seconds old newborn and dumped them in a garbage.
Now,.....give me some lame excuse as to why you like to not compare the humans in the womb to the humans born who are seconds old.
The young girl with the baby in the trash, for sure had her reasons. I hope Bitner is as understanding of her extreme action as she is of a mother aborting late into pregnancy.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
All you did was repost the excerpt I initially left for you plus a little more. I told you twice, if you'd bothered to read the entire article, you'd know where the author of the book got her information. That it was from court papers and other documents.
Here is what the article states in the third paragraph regarding the book author's facts. Why you weren't able to find this yourself is a mystery. I post links so you can read them when time permits.
"Some of the story of illegal abortion has been told by other historians: Linda Gordon, Rickie Solinger, James C. Mohr. But Reagan, who is an assistant professor of history, medicine, and women's studies at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, is the first to span the whole period of criminalization and to cover the subject in such depth. Moving skillfully between a nationwide perspective and a detailed study of Chicago, Reagan draws on a wide variety of primary documents, many never before examined. Using patient records, transcripts of trials and inquests into abortion-related deaths, medical-society proceedings, and reports in the popular press, she reconstructs the complex, shifting network of arrangements and understandings that enabled illegal abortion to persist, and sometimes even to flourish, for more than a hundred years. In doing so she not only brilliantly illuminates a hitherto shadowy aspect of American life but also raises crucial questions about the relationship between official mores and the values by which people -- including the promulgators of those official mores -- make the decisions that shape their lives."
http://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/issues/9...
That paragraph in no ways supports the estimate of 2,000,000 abortions by observers. Sorry but you are reading something into this that isn't there.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Ocean's logic is,if you don't want a child,use birth control but if you do conceive one,kill it if you choose.
She visits Susan Smith in prison every year. They have a like mindset. They discuss the joys of "choice" or being "CF"(which means CHILD-FREE just in case you didn't see Oceans 4,000 post describing it).
Oh yes I have seen the litany. I could go toe to toe with her for the benefits of having children but there would be no purpose. So I ignore it.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. Most of my kids weren't conceived at convenient times but I didn't kill them. I adjusted and welcomed them into my life and am I ever glad I did. I could have used many of those excuses.
Good point. I think that goes with alot of couples. Seems like many are waiting for more money,bigger homes,better financial situations to happen before adding to their families. Is there really ever a "perfect" timing,ya know?

The only time that I had to make SURE I didn't get pregnant,was a very few specific times. Naturally,what we can't have,we want more but my husband and I knew we had to remain abstinent for a short time.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The results, being a dead fetus is the issue.
No, it's not. We were discussing how you were using the word "convenient". The REASONS were the issue, not the result.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>I will bet my life that you don't give a flying fig as to the reasons behind ANYONES choice for killing a born humans life.
You'd lost that bet. Good thing you won't ever have to pay up, huh?

It's not a question of "like". They don't compare, for a number of reasons.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you ask such a stupid question unless you thought he should seek a divorce from an aborting wife?
Answer it, and you'll find out why I asked.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course. As Bitner, quite correctly, pointed out, there are herbs which have been used as abortifacients, for nearly as long as pregnancy has been a 'thing'...and they were around for millions of years before humans were around to use them.
Why don't you believe this? It's well documented, and even the Bible speaks of 'bitter water' which is a reference to an herbally-induced abortion.
A fact which you routinely ignore, when asked where the Bible specifically mentions abortion....because there's no punishment attached to it, probably.
The verse which you misquote in numbers 5, says no such thing about abortion NOR about a woman possibly being pregnant. What it is referring to is making the woman barren.

But,yes,abortificants have been around for a long,long time I suspect. Is there a point to this? Rape,murder,abuse,neglect,chea ting,etc..has been also.

So?
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It is inaccurate, I have miscarried. While the emotions are under the umbrella of what we call grief, the difference between losing an embryo/fetus and losing a child is this: One was but a dream, the other a reality. Ask any parent who's lost a born and known child.
Empathy and sympathy are not the same. If you need to ask why anyone needs it, you might be incapable of giving it.
I know the difference and can relate on both emotions.

It is obvious that you would mourn more for the child you knew the longest but just because you don't mourn for the one you never saw doesn't mean his death was any less tragic. We are all equal even if some of us don't mean much to someone else.
katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>It would only make sense to mourn a child moreso that you've known(who probably died accidently or violently or was ill) vs one that was just conceived and naturally died.
Some people equate the embryo/fetus to a newborn and that's what I addressing. There's hope for you yet if you do not make such a comparison.
I can't image that someone who supports abortion or has had one to feel much of anything for her unborn child. There HAS to be a block there(of her emotions)in order to continue this evil game.
Why would you assume/presume such a thing? Especially if, as you claim, you've had no personal experience losing your pregnancy prior to term (whether induced or spontaneous).

Why do you refer to women's civil rights of bodily autonomy and personal privacy as an "evil game"? Is it a game to you? It's not to me. Evil or otherwise.
It's like when you were on here defending abortion,dehumanizing the humans in the womb,ALL while your daughter was gestating your Granddaughter. That was a whole new low for you. Chicky did that as well.
Why are you making such outlandish claims about me? You're mistaken, flat out wrong even. I don't "defend abortion". I don't "dehumanize humans in the womb". Neither did Chicky, but I can't speak for her.

My daughter's pregnancy is none of your business. Nothing beyond what I chose to share with this thread is any of your business. And just look what it got me. Nothing but grief. But you call yourself prolife? Have you any of that shame left for yourself? Or are you too busy trying to fling it onto others?
I Bet BOTH of you found out the sex of your Grandchild,saw pics via ultrasound,started to buy baby girls clothes,rubbed your daughters bellys to get a feel of your little baby granddaughters first movements and all...
My daughter carried a wanted/healthy pregnancy. And what's it to you? Her stepmom was a cold, callous b*tch when DD's dad was dying during that pregnancy. You are no different than she, imo. You wear a cute, giggly mask, but that's all it is. You are incapable of caring for others; especially those facing unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy.
It made me sick AND sad for your family who've been bought up by such hate.
There's no hate here. I protect me and mine from the hatred of people like you and that horrible stepmom my girls were lucky enough not to see on a consistent basis.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Not here. Another poster posed the question on a different forum, and the one answer offered (by only one person) was that the IVF embryos weren't as human because they weren't in a woman.
It was then suggested that wombs are just more fun to control, than petri dishes.
Oh,don't listen to Elise. We in fact have discussed this topic of IVF many times over. Don't know why you think that we haven't. Seems like you are in disguise and know alot of history here among older posters. Sshhh..it's okay.You're secret is good with me.

Please allow me to recap;

abortion is electively killing a humans life before birth whether done by the ones providing IVF or in clinics or by mom taking herbs.

End of discussion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min USAsince1680 1,098,805
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Eagle 12 226,077
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin For Life 27,015
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Tue RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••