Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 309,005
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315751 Nov 14, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The point was that your witless friend, Ink, was posting as though abortion was something new in the world.
Well try and make a valid point instead of misquoting the Bible that you are so familiar with.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315752 Nov 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the difference and can relate on both emotions.
It is obvious that you would mourn more for the child you knew the longest but just because you don't mourn for the one you never saw doesn't mean his death was any less tragic. We are all equal even if some of us don't mean much to someone else.
Your original point was about the feelings of the woman who miscarries. And now you're dismissing the feelings of one of them just because they don't help to make your argument work. Typical.
katie

Seattle, WA

#315753 Nov 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That paragraph in no ways supports the estimate of 2,000,000 abortions by observers. Sorry but you are reading something into this that isn't there.
Um, Ink? Do you really need to be told that you now have the list of names of other historians who've written on the history of abortion in this country, a listing of various documents the author used (am sure the book itself would have a bibliography you could examine), and a nudge toward public court documents you could begin researching at your local library.

If you're looking for some polling place during the Victorian era that corroborates the number of an estimated 2M illegal abortions performed, I doubt you'll find it. Why you expect me to is also a mystery. Why are you asking me to vouch for that number anyway? You think I have all the time in the world to peruse the author's bibliography and check out her sources one by one? I highly doubt the claim is an outright lie. It's an estimate. One you obviously don't like.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315754 Nov 14, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your original point was about the feelings of the woman who miscarries. And now you're dismissing the feelings of one of them just because they don't help to make your argument work. Typical.
I was only responding to the poster and her feelings which are very understandable. My points have always been about intentional abortion not miscarriage.

So why do you think a man should divorce a wife who has abortions?

Remember you asked me why he didn't divorce her as though she had done something wrong.
katie

Seattle, WA

#315755 Nov 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the difference and can relate on both emotions.
It is obvious that you would mourn more for the child you knew the longest but just because you don't mourn for the one you never saw doesn't mean his death was any less tragic. We are all equal even if some of us don't mean much to someone else.
Is the death of an embryo/fetus as tragic as the death of a born, known child, in your opinion, Ink? Because what I've been saying all along is while lost embryos/fetuses are grieved, it is no way the same kind of grief one experiences when losing a born, known child. One was just a dream, the other a reality.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315756 Nov 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I was only responding to the poster and her feelings which are very understandable. My points have always been about intentional abortion not miscarriage.
So why do you think a man should divorce a wife who has abortions?
Remember you asked me why he didn't divorce her as though she had done something wrong.
I didn't say he should. I asked you, in response to you saying he had "no say" what was stopping him from divorcing her. Is there some reason you can't answer the question?

Again, answer the question, and you will find out why I asked it.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315757 Nov 14, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, Ink? Do you really need to be told that you now have the list of names of other historians who've written on the history of abortion in this country, a listing of various documents the author used (am sure the book itself would have a bibliography you could examine), and a nudge toward public court documents you could begin researching at your local library.
If you're looking for some polling place during the Victorian era that corroborates the number of an estimated 2M illegal abortions performed, I doubt you'll find it. Why you expect me to is also a mystery. Why are you asking me to vouch for that number anyway? You think I have all the time in the world to peruse the author's bibliography and check out her sources one by one? I highly doubt the claim is an outright lie. It's an estimate. One you obviously don't like.
She said estimated by observers. Doesn't that sound vague and biased to you. Also, observers of abortions? I think you shouldn't be taken in so easily.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#315758 Nov 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I so agree. I think it is horrible. People will not support the boycott unfortunately.
No, it will never happen.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315759 Nov 14, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say he should. I asked you, in response to you saying he had "no say" what was stopping him from divorcing her. Is there some reason you can't answer the question?
Again, answer the question, and you will find out why I asked it.
Why do you think he would even consider it? Why would that come to your mind as a possibility? Don't women who abort theri babies deserved to be loved by their husbands even if the guy has no say in the matter. Isn't that what the women's movement is all about?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315760 Nov 14, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the death of an embryo/fetus as tragic as the death of a born, known child, in your opinion, Ink? Because what I've been saying all along is while lost embryos/fetuses are grieved, it is no way the same kind of grief one experiences when losing a born, known child. One was just a dream, the other a reality.
I am sorry Katie and I understand why in your heart the loss of a born baby that you have held, and kissed and fed is more painful than a child you haven't even seen yet but the child you don't know is just as equal as the one born even though you haven't made an attachment yet. If my child died it would not affect you but my child's death would be an equal loss even though you don't feel it. One child isn't more important because you say so.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315761 Nov 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think he would even consider it? Why would that come to your mind as a possibility? Don't women who abort theri babies deserved to be loved by their husbands even if the guy has no say in the matter. Isn't that what the women's movement is all about?
There is a point to the question. Answer it, and you'll find out why I asked.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315762 Nov 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that many times we would euthanize the animal in it's best interest. There is no reason for animals to suffer as there is no end game. Religious people as you call them believe that people and even forming people in the womb have a soul and God has a purpose for their lives therefore every chance for survival should be given and we as parents are charged with that responsibility.
Yes, we euthanize SOME animals to relieve suffering, however in this conversation it was said that animals will we be aborted during the spaying procedure.

It comes down to a *humancentric* POV. I find that many religious people feel they are superior (or more important) to any other form of life...and that God made it so. It is the very *this life is more important than that life* kind of thinking the PC get accused of on here.

And clearly humans are the ones destroying everything in their path...not animals.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315763 Nov 14, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it will never happen.
The only other way to make a point is to refuse to work as a group.It's risky but they can't fire everybody.
katie

Seattle, WA

#315764 Nov 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She said estimated by observers. Doesn't that sound vague and biased to you. Also, observers of abortions? I think you shouldn't be taken in so easily.
Why don't you just ignore the info and pretend nobody provided an answer to your question then? Just keep asking it over and over like an obstinate child would.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315765 Nov 14, 2013
There's absolutely no way you can back up that statement, liar.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget to include the Susan Smiths,Andrea Yates's of the world who kill their born children who they felt were better off dead. For every Mom(who abort) who didn't want to give their child up for adoption after birth because they felt abortion was *better*,is a Mom(who choose to drown,smother,abuse to death)who didn't want to hand their child(ren)over to their husbands or family because they felt it was a *better* choice.
Welcome to the minds of the insane.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#315766 Nov 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you for real? I guess with a name like FECES, maybe not.
I asked before why you want people to call you FECES. It seems demeaning to me.
You and your kind are prolife only when it's convenient for you. Go argue with your cat. You aren't worth the time or energy.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315767 Nov 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
To be realistic, lots of people work on holidays. Medical staff, police, firemen, utility workers, restaurant staff, and many retail businesses have always been open. You arrange your schedule around it. Not to mention that not everyone celebrates thanksgiving or gets together with family.
<quoted text>
True that not everyone celebrates Thanksgiving, but many who get stuck working in some store do celebrate, and I would love to see upper management come out and work those shitty hours. I suspect they would have no interest in leaving their celebrations to go stand behind a register to serve people who simply have to get out and start the Christmas shop-a-thon.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315768 Nov 14, 2013
Then explain why there hundreds of thousands of children who NEVER get adopted.

Idiots like you cannot comprehend that a woman has NO FU**ING OBLIGATION to continue her pregnancy. The fetus has no rights and to many women is not equivalent to a child, born or otherwise.

Would smith's or yates's kids been better off aborted or killed when they were, sentient and conscious of their own drowning?
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Killing your child vs putting your child up for adoption where they can be CHOSEN by an adoptee couple who wants them. Hmmm....THIS puzzles you?
Did it puzzle you when you heard about Susan Smith or Andrea Yates drowning their children? They were all known to be loving Moms too. They made a choice that they felt was best for their children. Did you view their personal choices as a loving mom or a simply evil? Were their choices a form of denial? I mean what crazy person who think that this was best? Did your "ideologies not let you see anything else"?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315769 Nov 14, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just ignore the info and pretend nobody provided an answer to your question then? Just keep asking it over and over like an obstinate child would.
Okay since there wasn't any real info. Done deal.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315770 Nov 14, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your kind are prolife only when it's convenient for you. Go argue with your cat. You aren't worth the time or energy.
I had to put one of my cats to sleep recently. It was sad but it was best for him. He was going to be suffering soon if I didn't make that hard decision. Thanks for your concern. Feces.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min flack 1,193,378
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min Joe fortuna 235,867
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 59 min squeezers 764
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr Trolling 4,383
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr CPEM 29,094
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr Big D 201,462
Kentucky Wildcats Basketball: Kyle Wiltjer Comm... (Sep '10) 17 hr patty sue 5
More from around the web