Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 336681 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

katie

Tacoma, WA

#315807 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
Okay, since Ink won't answer any questions, let's recap.
She has a friend who, in Ink's estimation has committed multiple baby murders, cheerfully admitting to how self-centered she is. Furthermore, Ink allows her friend's husband, apparently just fine with the (in Ink's estimation) multiple murders of his babies (which one must assume makes HIM as self-centered a baby murderer in Ink's eyes) to "borrow" her 6 year old daughter to go on a playdate at MacDonald's.
Does this seem like a tall tale to anyone else?
Ink, you're even worse at these CONVENIENT anecdotes than Sassy. And that's saying something, because she's LOUSY at it. Do yourself a favor, and stop trying to bolster your arrogance with supposed real life. It makes you look even more foolish than usual.
Imo, it seems Ink has devolved women's independence to the level of the blame game. Her attitude toward women's civil rights leans heavily into misogynistic territory. Her friend with common interests shares she's had more than one abortion because of selfishness. Perhaps Ink was unaware of family histories including medical issues and the woman simply didn't want any children. Most likely, if her pattern here is as true in her real life, Ink misunderstood what was said to her and she jumped to wrong conclusions; negative judgment calls.

Her story sounds plausible, but farfetched. I could be the same doubting Thomas she is or just let it go. Letting it go seems more peaceful.

Happy Friday, Bitner :)
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#315808 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd lost that bet. Good thing you won't ever have to pay up, huh?
It's not a question of "like". They don't compare, for a number of reasons.
I remember when you said "a human" exists in the womb. As I've proven time and time again (and you've failed to counter), "a human" (noun) is a synonym for "human being."

You know a human being is being snuffed out during an abortion, but continue to support this evil act.

You're a mess.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#315809 Nov 15, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Katie, your granddaughter was alive,growing and developing and you were here fighting for the right to have her killed as choice.
Katie: "No, I don't think calling a fetus a 'useless wad of cells' is offensive to anyone."
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#315810 Nov 15, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Imo, it seems Ink has devolved women's independence to the level of the blame game. Her attitude toward women's civil rights leans heavily into misogynistic territory. Her friend with common interests shares she's had more than one abortion because of selfishness. Perhaps Ink was unaware of family histories including medical issues and the woman simply didn't want any children. Most likely, if her pattern here is as true in her real life, Ink misunderstood what was said to her and she jumped to wrong conclusions; negative judgment calls.
Her story sounds plausible, but farfetched. I could be the same doubting Thomas she is or just let it go. Letting it go seems more peaceful.
Happy Friday, Bitner :)
Katie is so lost, dazed and confused at this juncture that she has not idea what she's even saying.

She pretends to be a feminist, yet openly doesn't give two shits about females in the womb.

She's a fake feminist and a sociopath.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315811 Nov 15, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember when you said "a human" exists in the womb. As I've proven time and time again (and you've failed to counter), "a human" (noun) is a synonym for "human being."
You know a human being is being snuffed out during an abortion, but continue to support this evil act.
You're a mess.
No, a human being is not, and you have not proven otherwise.

My point, which you didn't address anyway, stands.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315812 Nov 15, 2013
Where did she claim to be ex-gay?

Chaz is a f-to-m transgender. Having a male identity means his attraction to women makes him hetero.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
New York City's newly elected mayor is married to a former lesbian. Did her "lesbian gene" suddenly mutate?
Isn't Chaz Bono a former lesbian?
Your kind are a mess..........
katie

Tacoma, WA

#315813 Nov 15, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a mess.
Do you suffer a mental block? An inability to admit the definition of human being doesn't equate to the philosophy of human being?

We all know human and human being are interchangeable in conversational usage. We all know the philosophy of human being runs a lot deeper than your common usage of the dictionary definition.

Why is it, you poor stunted thing, that you keep believing the dictionary definition proves anything when discussing philosophies? Not enough air down in the basement?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#315814 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
She has a friend who, in Ink's estimation has committed multiple baby murders, cheerfully admitting to how self-centered she is. Furthermore, Ink allows her friend's husband, apparently just fine with the (in Ink's estimation) multiple murders of his babies (which one must assume makes HIM as self-centered a baby murderer in Ink's eyes) to "borrow" her 6 year old daughter to go on a playdate at MacDonald's.
Ink, you're even worse at these CONVENIENT anecdotes than Sassy. And that's saying something, because she's LOUSY at it. Do yourself a favor, and stop trying to bolster your arrogance with supposed real life. It makes you look even more foolish than usual.
Well of course it's a tall tale, I couldn't imagine a devout pro life husband staying married to a woman that killed his babies. I mean if I were Ink (and thank goodness I'm not)I would just assume that since his wife had an abortion or two that he "supported" abortion also since he hadn't divorced her.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#315815 Nov 15, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
So your solution is to eradicate "backup plans". Contraception. Abortion. THEN, you think, THEN people will never ever have sex UNLESS they are absolutely SURE they want a baby.
K.
Whatever...
...world...
you're living in...
...must be some good drugs there.
He's full of crap as usual.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315816 Nov 15, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Well of course it's a tall tale, I couldn't imagine a devout pro life husband staying married to a woman that killed his babies. I mean if I were Ink (and thank goodness I'm not)I would just assume that since his wife had an abortion or two that he "supported" abortion also since he hadn't divorced her.
Exactly. Which is WHY Ink wouldn't answer my question.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315817 Nov 15, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding? Leslie Reagan is the author of a book being written about in an article by someone else. You have NFI what Leslie Reagan provided in her book regarding the history of abortion. What you have is someone else (Katha Pollitt) commenting on how thorough Leslie Reagan's book is and where she got her information.
I suggest, before passing your negative judgment (much like one passes gas), you actually read the book. Perhaps you'll learn who those observers were commenting on 2M illegal annual abortions during the Victorian era. Or, as usual, just ignore the answer to your question regarding the number of annual abortions before current times. Apparently the number doesn't sit well with you so you choose to ignore and invalidate it.
You could tell me. I am sure you read the book or you wouldn't be using it's stats. I do not intend to read a book about the history of abortion. It isn't one of my main interests.
I can see that the history and future of abortion is a personal
concern of yours, so how do you feel about the numbers dropping by more than half since the Victorian Era? How many women were not having abortions? One in four pregnant women get rid of the baby [25%] today. What percentage does 2,000,000 abortions represent of pregnant women back in the day? Was anybody having children?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315818 Nov 15, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Don't expect any empathy.
None needed.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315819 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
Your question was "what was stopping him from getting a divorce"

I assume nothing was stopping him. I never asked him such a question. It wouldn't have occured to me to ask. Why did you ask?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315820 Nov 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question was "what was stopping him from getting a divorce"
I assume nothing was stopping him. I never asked him such a question. It wouldn't have occured to me to ask. Why did you ask?
To make a point. Which I did in the post you responded to. If you don't understand it, it's not my fault. Others clearly did.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315821 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
To make a point. Which I did in the post you responded to. If you don't understand it, it's not my fault. Others clearly did.
So did I answer your question or not?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315822 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, a human being is not, and you have not proven otherwise.
My point, which you didn't address anyway, stands.
If anybody can make pointless points, it's you.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315823 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What point? Are you imagining that you said something inciteful or profound? Halucinations girl.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315824 Nov 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So did I answer your question or not?
LOL, so you didn't understand. I'm not surprised.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315825 Nov 15, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Accent on "babies"...f**k`em when they get to be too old, like 2 or 3. Meanwhile, those kids who aren't young, healthy, and white enough get to live their lives in the system. Fortunately though, these desperate would-be parents can buy kids that fit the profile on the foreign market.
<quoted text>
They wouldn't be going to foreign markets if they didn't consider non white or older children. The point that you missed was that a woman who lovingly gives up her child for adoption can be heartened by the fact that good caring parents are out there for her child and easy to find.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315826 Nov 15, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never took birth control pills. I don't like pills or artificial hormones or anything that may have detrimental side effects, etc. I used the rhythm method and simply avoided sexual activity during ovulation times because it was the most natural way to go....I have 2 kids.
Me too but I have four. One was conceived after I was supposed to not be able to have more. Shows how wrong doctors can be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Jacques Ottawa 1,744,600
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Chosen Traveler 35,800
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar 28 Lonnie Peters 201,480
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 24 Wisdom of Ages 12,331
News Purdue and IU? On Valentine's day? Not anymore (Feb '07) Mar '18 Painter Phartse 73
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb '18 ScoresPhartse 2