Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#315767 Nov 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
To be realistic, lots of people work on holidays. Medical staff, police, firemen, utility workers, restaurant staff, and many retail businesses have always been open. You arrange your schedule around it. Not to mention that not everyone celebrates thanksgiving or gets together with family.
<quoted text>
True that not everyone celebrates Thanksgiving, but many who get stuck working in some store do celebrate, and I would love to see upper management come out and work those shitty hours. I suspect they would have no interest in leaving their celebrations to go stand behind a register to serve people who simply have to get out and start the Christmas shop-a-thon.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315768 Nov 14, 2013
Then explain why there hundreds of thousands of children who NEVER get adopted.

Idiots like you cannot comprehend that a woman has NO FU**ING OBLIGATION to continue her pregnancy. The fetus has no rights and to many women is not equivalent to a child, born or otherwise.

Would smith's or yates's kids been better off aborted or killed when they were, sentient and conscious of their own drowning?
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Killing your child vs putting your child up for adoption where they can be CHOSEN by an adoptee couple who wants them. Hmmm....THIS puzzles you?
Did it puzzle you when you heard about Susan Smith or Andrea Yates drowning their children? They were all known to be loving Moms too. They made a choice that they felt was best for their children. Did you view their personal choices as a loving mom or a simply evil? Were their choices a form of denial? I mean what crazy person who think that this was best? Did your "ideologies not let you see anything else"?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315769 Nov 14, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just ignore the info and pretend nobody provided an answer to your question then? Just keep asking it over and over like an obstinate child would.
Okay since there wasn't any real info. Done deal.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315770 Nov 14, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your kind are prolife only when it's convenient for you. Go argue with your cat. You aren't worth the time or energy.
I had to put one of my cats to sleep recently. It was sad but it was best for him. He was going to be suffering soon if I didn't make that hard decision. Thanks for your concern. Feces.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#315771 Nov 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She said estimated by observers. Doesn't that sound vague and biased to you. Also, observers of abortions? I think you shouldn't be taken in so easily.
Ink asks, "...estimated by observers. Doesn't that sound vague and biased to you[?]"

I respond, Maybe those observers names were Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John...?

:p
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315772 Nov 14, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink asks, "...estimated by observers. Doesn't that sound vague and biased to you[?]"
I respond, Maybe those observers names were Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John...?
:p
Is that supposed to make sense because what you are saying is that I can have as much faith in Leslie Reagan as you have in the gospels. That would be nada.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315773 Nov 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Then explain why there hundreds of thousands of children who NEVER get adopted.
Idiots like you cannot comprehend that a woman has NO FU**ING OBLIGATION to continue her pregnancy. The fetus has no rights and to many women is not equivalent to a child, born or otherwise.
Would smith's or yates's kids been better off aborted or killed when they were, sentient and conscious of their own drowning?
<quoted text>
There are more willing parents than there are adoptable babies. So many couples have given up the hope for an American baby and gone to Asia or South America.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315774 Nov 14, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Retail might be different these days, I dunno. What I do know is back in the '80s, some stores would open Thanksgiving Day for limited hours. Early Bird hours, mostly, with stores usually closing down for the night by 3pm. Or the opposite, opening at 9pm for an early mad rush on Black Friday. Either way, working was on a volunteer basis with pay at time and a half. When my kids were younger, I worked it. Still had my holiday with my family plus a little extra money for saving or spending, depending.
It was quite the change from the '70s when the only stores open were the 7-Elevens. They never had enough of what folks were needing and the lines were too long. No fast food for those without dinner plans, no gas stations for those who forgot to fill up the night before, no grocery stores with bigger selections in the gravy/cranberry aisle, no extra egg nog.
Until a year or so ago, WA residents couldn't buy alcohol on holidays because the liquor stores were state run. Now you can buy it in the grocery stores. People probably aren't complaining about that.
Not too sure boycotting is any kind of answer, LNM.
No, boycotting won't work, but I just find it sad that there can't be a retail-free Thanksgiving.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315775 Nov 14, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey moon.
Just read this,post .
Absolutely true ..
Obviously a ploy to get people fortunate enough to have a holiday off
To spend time with their families ...into a,store instead .
I cannot ever remember shopping on FRIDAY after ..let alone on Thanksgiving night .
I do appreciate a few places being open for that last minute cranberry sauce for the extra,folks at dinner ..
But also hope they are closed early so the families,have time .
Some convenience stores are run by folks,wounding celebrate and good for them if they want to make extra money .
But unless,they ate paying over time ..And workers ate,really in need of money ..I think shopping on Thanksgiving nite is,ludicrous ...And doubt they pay extra,.
We have so few old traditions,left ..family thanksgiving going away because of greed is crazy ...And people who go out and shop ..kind of goofy.IMO...And the thing is ...the stores open because,people go ..
And everyone HELLO.
hoping post doesn't bring unwanted attention ..But your post hit a,nerve...
Also I posted before about ELF ON the SHELf. Sit in your home's and order from AMAZON thanksgiving night ..Lol
Seriously got one for grand niece and nephew ...greatest idea in s Lon while ..THey will put them up one at grandma's one at dad's brainstorming of December ..
I'm in for the boycott
.take care
Hi R! Nice to see you.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#315776 Nov 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that supposed to make sense because what you are saying is that I can have as much faith in Leslie Reagan as you have in the gospels. That would be nada.
No, Ink. What that post implied is if the observers names were Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John you'd have no problem believing the estimation.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315777 Nov 14, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Ink refuses to believe that animals have a soul.
She thinks they're decorations.
And cheeseburgers.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315778 Nov 14, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
Ocean56 wrote:
"The one who comes across to me as being angry here is YOU, because you can’t deal with the fact that no one has to kiss your...um...ring because you have religious views."
LNM wrote:
BINGO!
I think it's an accurate assessment of sASSy's entitled mindset, but there's no doubt in my mind that she'll deny it.:-)
I think you got it 100% correct.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315779 Nov 14, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Ink. What that post implied is if the observers names were Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John you'd have no problem believing the estimation.
Well at least that would four named observers. Leslie Reagan has none. It doesn't matter, if you want to believe 2,000,000 abortions a year were performed as seen by observers back in the day, go ahead. I don't.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315780 Nov 14, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And cheeseburgers.
Some are cheeseburgers and some are Thanksgiving turkeys.

You know where your birth control pills come from don't you. It's inhumane.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315781 Nov 14, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And if we believe that ending a potential child would be in its best interests? Are we not doing the responsible thing, when we prevent utterly, an unloved child from being born?
I know you don't see it that way, but there again, your personal religious views do not constitute a valid reason on which someone ELSE must base their life choices.
Unloved by one doesn't mean unloved by all. Give the kid a chance.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#315782 Nov 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well at least that would four named observers. Leslie Reagan has none. It doesn't matter, if you want to believe 2,000,000 abortions a year were performed as seen by observers back in the day, go ahead. I don't.
Are you kidding? Leslie Reagan is the author of a book being written about in an article by someone else. You have NFI what Leslie Reagan provided in her book regarding the history of abortion. What you have is someone else (Katha Pollitt) commenting on how thorough Leslie Reagan's book is and where she got her information.

I suggest, before passing your negative judgment (much like one passes gas), you actually read the book. Perhaps you'll learn who those observers were commenting on 2M illegal annual abortions during the Victorian era. Or, as usual, just ignore the answer to your question regarding the number of annual abortions before current times. Apparently the number doesn't sit well with you so you choose to ignore and invalidate it.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#315783 Nov 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you have something better to do than to work your little web of lies? Probably not.
You see now what hypocrite you are right?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#315784 Nov 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to put one of my cats to sleep recently. It was sad but it was best for him. He was going to be suffering soon if I didn't make that hard decision. Thanks for your concern. Feces.
Don't expect any empathy.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#315785 Nov 14, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>I get it!! Nature is God's abortion! Just a woman sees her fetus as having a poor future, she has an abortion.
Martinez is planning to run for Vice President
with the Republicans. She has made a mess out of
New Mexico. Why would they want her with the
oountry? Someone has to clean up Obama's mess.
They are all criminals.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315786 Nov 14, 2013
Okay, since Ink won't answer any questions, let's recap.

She has a friend who, in Ink's estimation has committed multiple baby murders, cheerfully admitting to how self-centered she is. Furthermore, Ink allows her friend's husband, apparently just fine with the (in Ink's estimation) multiple murders of his babies (which one must assume makes HIM as self-centered a baby murderer in Ink's eyes) to "borrow" her 6 year old daughter to go on a playdate at MacDonald's.

Does this seem like a tall tale to anyone else?

Ink, you're even worse at these CONVENIENT anecdotes than Sassy. And that's saying something, because she's LOUSY at it. Do yourself a favor, and stop trying to bolster your arrogance with supposed real life. It makes you look even more foolish than usual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,405,489
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Thinking 256,082
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 19 hr Trojan 32,308
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Wed IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web