Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
295,301 - 295,320 of 305,396 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are still living creatures...and according to the religious people...God's creatures.
Why does it seem that religious people are often very callous when it comes to animals?
I think that many times we would euthanize the animal in it's best interest. There is no reason for animals to suffer as there is no end game. Religious people as you call them believe that people and even forming people in the womb have a soul and God has a purpose for their lives therefore every chance for survival should be given and we as parents are charged with that responsibility.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
My unplanned pregnancy came at the worst possible time, and I choose to continue it, also. The difference between us is that I'm not arrogant enough to claim that other women are wrong for making a different choice than mine, or to use the word "convenience" as though another woman's reasons are trivial, as though they are making this decision so that they won't miss a pedicure. That is nothing more than YOUR arrogance speaking. It says more about you than it does about any woman having an abortion.
I am sorry but in many cases it is the truth. I wasn't talking about any person in particular, I was only using the reasons of aborting given to Guttmacher and most amount to the fact that it is an inconvenient time.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

It's kinda special when the girl involved is engaged to marry someone and the pregnancy isn't his. Your god evidently doesn't respect marriage or commitment. And he's a deadbeat dad as well.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Granted many books that label themselves Holy Bible do refer to Mary as a young woman, but what's so special about a young woman having a child?
I recommend you find a real Holy Bible, and stop playing with man's mess.
grumpy

Garnerville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Doo Doo for Stinky Feces wrote:
<quoted text>
God set nature into motion and allows it's laws, which include the body naturally rejecting a faulty or abnormal pregnancy, to proceed without interference.
But why is it impossible for God to make mistakes? Or was 10,000 deaths in the Phillipines God's intent?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry but in many cases it is the truth. I wasn't talking about any person in particular, I was only using the reasons of aborting given to Guttmacher and most amount to the fact that it is an inconvenient time.
In your opinion, which will never constitute fact. Now, the FACT is that YOU said GUTTAMACHER said "97% were convenience abortions", and they did not. So, you lied again.

It's not true that the reasons are trivial just because you want to pretend they are. The MOST you can say is that 97% are not done for medical emergencies/rape. But your self-righteous arrogance wants to demonize these women. Just know that you're not fooling anyone with your passive/aggressive behavior.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

To be realistic, lots of people work on holidays. Medical staff, police, firemen, utility workers, restaurant staff, and many retail businesses have always been open. You arrange your schedule around it. Not to mention that not everyone celebrates thanksgiving or gets together with family.
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
People are free to shop themselves into eternal debt and be as materialistic as they want, but at the very least I wish these avid shoppers would think about the people who have to leave their homes to work on Thanksgiving night.
You know the high decision makers for these retail companies are home relaxing and gorging on left-overs while the low wage earners are out standing behind the registers.
I wish we could get everyone to join in a boycott of Thanksgiving day shopping.
grumpy

Garnerville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Granted many books that label themselves Holy Bible do refer to Mary as a young woman, but what's so special about a young woman having a child?
I recommend you find a real Holy Bible, and stop playing with man's mess.
The Hebrew in the Holy Bible is defined as "young woman", not "virgin". But if you're a Hebrew scholar show me that I'm wrong.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>See, I would say the same about yours...your willingness to obligate women to gestate, when the resulting born child is likely to be resented, or profoundly unhealthy, or thrown into the foster care system, is hardness of heart exemplified. You couldn't care less about 'life'- your only concern is your own narrow view of morality.
I say it's far more moral to end that potential in the first few weeks of pregnancy, when most abortions occur, than to complete gestation, unless the prospect of a child fills the woman and her partner with boundless joy. All children should be welcomed eagerly into the world. Not brought here to suffer, be tormented with pain, or set adrift into the roiling seas of cruel and uncaring humanity.
Despite your rose-colored glasses, humans aren't saints, and this is already a bad old world.
'Kill the child' is the answer to everything in the pro aborts world.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
'Kill the child' is the answer to everything in the pro aborts world.
Wow, three lies in one sentence.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>The Hebrew in the Holy Bible is defined as "young woman", not "virgin". But if you're a Hebrew scholar show me that I'm wrong.
It does but it was translated to Greek as virgin and I don't know why since the prophecy only said young maiden. According to the gospels when Mary was approached by the angel and told she would have a son, she asked how could that be since I know no man. That would indicate that she was a virgin and likely given her age.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion, which will never constitute fact. Now, the FACT is that YOU said GUTTAMACHER said "97% were convenience abortions", and they did not. So, you lied again.
It's not true that the reasons are trivial just because you want to pretend they are. The MOST you can say is that 97% are not done for medical emergencies/rape. But your self-righteous arrogance wants to demonize these women. Just know that you're not fooling anyone with your passive/aggressive behavior.
At least I have an opinion unlike you. I know women who have had more than one abortion for no reason other than a baby wouldn't fit into their self centered life. If I know several you probably do too. Please don't pretend that all women having abortions are doing for the sake of the dead child.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
To be realistic, lots of people work on holidays. Medical staff, police, firemen, utility workers, restaurant staff, and many retail businesses have always been open. You arrange your schedule around it. Not to mention that not everyone celebrates thanksgiving or gets together with family.
<quoted text>
No it is more important that someone can go out and buy a roll of toilet paper so that the store will stay open.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I have an opinion unlike you. I know women who have had more than one abortion for no reason other than a baby wouldn't fit into their self centered life. If I know several you probably do too. Please don't pretend that all women having abortions are doing for the sake of the dead child.
Please don't pretend that you know better than anyone else, concerning another person's pregnancy. And please don't pretend that you're 'better' than someone who aborts because they aren't prepared to be a parent.

You don't, you aren't, and you never will be.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I have an opinion. Unlike you, I'm not arrogant enough to think my opinion should guide everyone else.

If I had a nickel for every fetus worshipper who claims to have known women who've had more than one abortion, I'd have been able to retire by now.

No, I don't know any women who've had more than one abortion. I do know several women who've had one. And they did so for reasons they felt, and still feel, to be good. Again, unlike you, I'm not arrogant enough to think I know better what is a "selfish" or "trivial" reason for someone else.

It's not an either/or issue. Doing what she believes is right for her life does not always equate to being self-centered. It's only your self-righteous arrogance that wants to paint it that way.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nonetheless, having achieved their legal goal, many doctors -- including prominent members of the AMA -- went right on providing abortions. Some late-nineteenth-century observers estimated that two million were performed annually (which would mean that in Victorian America the number of abortions per capita was seven or eight times as high as it is today)."
http://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/issues/9...
No, it's to determine if she's been defiled after her husband's been jealous -- whether she's committed adultery or not has no bearing. This is the Law of Jealousies after all and the husband remains blameless. Of course.
"So if the woman is guilty (had sex with someone besides her husband), then the bitter water will make her unable to have children in the future. And if she is pregnant at the time, it will abort the pregnancy."
http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2008/...
Where does Leslie Reagan get her estimates from? Her own mind?

The Bible never says that she is pregnant only accused of adultry.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I have an opinion. Unlike you, I'm not arrogant enough to think my opinion should guide everyone else.
If I had a nickel for every fetus worshipper who claims to have known women who've had more than one abortion, I'd have been able to retire by now.
No, I don't know any women who've had more than one abortion. I do know several women who've had one. And they did so for reasons they felt, and still feel, to be good. Again, unlike you, I'm not arrogant enough to think I know better what is a "selfish" or "trivial" reason for someone else.
It's not an either/or issue. Doing what she believes is right for her life does not always equate to being self-centered. It's only your self-righteous arrogance that wants to paint it that way.
Reasons they felt to be good. They all say and believe that and that usually means it was more convenient to not be pregnant. Isn't that what I said?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that many times we would euthanize the animal in it's best interest. There is no reason for animals to suffer as there is no end game. Religious people as you call them believe that people and even forming people in the womb have a soul and God has a purpose for their lives therefore every chance for survival should be given and we as parents are charged with that responsibility.
So you're "prolife" when it's convenient for you, got it.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"self centered lifestyle"???!!!

Take your pathetic judgments and shove them.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Please don't pretend that you know better than anyone else, concerning another person's pregnancy. And please don't pretend that you're 'better' than someone who aborts because they aren't prepared to be a parent.
You don't, you aren't, and you never will be.
Nobody is prepared to be a parent. It's on the job training. Women have abortions because they get pregnant and they don' want the baby. It is that simple. I don't need to hear all the Great reasons for their decisions and why it was so much better for the child to be killed than to have a real bitch for a mother who has no locve to give her own child.
Ink

Levittown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
"self centered lifestyle"???!!!
Take your pathetic judgments and shove them.
That was her opinion not mine. She said she wasn't willing to give up anything to raise a child. She had her hobbies to persue and indulge in. You would have to call her pathetic not me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min USAsince1680 1,096,613
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 225,712
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr anonymous 26,977
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 19 RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••