Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311360 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

katie

Tacoma, WA

#315699 Nov 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
He obviously didn't have a problem with these supposed self-admittedly selfish abortions his wife had, or they wouldn't have remained married, huh? Wouldn't that make HIM selfish too? I have to wonder about someone who thinks someone so "self-centered" would make a good father.
She'd make excuses for the poor man... she has before. Her tendency toward misogyny becomes even more apparent. Hope she's grateful for not ever being manipulated and maltreated by the men she's empathized with as she throws women under the bus.

...Guess she knows which side her bread is buttered on...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315700 Nov 13, 2013
Abortion's been legal for most of our history. It's nothing new.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason doesn't matter, it is a dead baby.
It's the culture so much is handled today with death. Pregnant, kill it.
Bullied, kill somebody. Don't like your teacher, shoot him.
And you don't see a trend here. Blind.
Ocean56

AOL

#315701 Nov 14, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
"The one who comes across to me as being angry here is YOU, because you can’t deal with the fact that no one has to kiss your...um...ring because you have religious views."

LNM wrote:
BINGO!

I think it's an accurate assessment of sASSy's entitled mindset, but there's no doubt in my mind that she'll deny it.:-)
Ocean56

AOL

#315703 Nov 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
Nobody is prepared to be a parent. It's on the job training. Women have abortions because they get pregnant and they don' want the baby. It is that simple. I don't need to hear all the Great reasons for their decisions and why it was so much better for the child to be killed than to have a real bitch for a mother who has no locve to give her own child.

And many people simply don't WANT to be a parent, it's that simple as well. Women who choose to be childfree (no kids by choice) have every right to make that decision, and it's a perfectly valid one. Furthermore, a woman who makes that decision, and has an abortion due to BC failure, doesn't have to explain her reasons to you or anyone else.

Again, if it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision. Period. Don't like it? Too bad.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#315704 Nov 14, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Ink, every one of my pregnancies was wanted. Even the one I 'killed'. And having miscarried several times, and having lost my elder son to an aneurism, I know the difference between losing a wanted fetus, and losing a child. It's huge. I mourned my aborted embryo for a few hours, my miscarriages for a few more.
I'll mourn my son for the rest of my life.
I'm sure this has been said to you before, but you assume much when you refer to 97% of abortions as 'inconvenience abortions'. The fact that you carried your pregnancy to term doesn't make you a better person than the woman who aborts because the condom broke, and her husband just lost his job, and she knows that her job would be gone if she took maternity leave.
And while I've got you on the phone here, I'm just going to throw in that all the pissing and moaning you've done over 'hand-outs' is in direct opposition to the position you claim to take: You don't want women to abort for financial reasons, but you'll be damned if you'll willingly give them help in that department once they deliver. There are only certain ways your 'pro-life' stance will permit it, namely adoption.
You claim to have all kinds of mad sympathy for women who abort and regret it. What about the women who give their babies away, and regret it MORE?? Of all the women I know who've either aborted or relinquished, the women who opted for adoption were the shattered ones...the ones who cried every day for years...the ones who AGONIZED over where, how, and with whom their children grew up, their safety, their happiness....
Personally, I think you're a sadist...but that's jmo.
You're NOT the only woman in the world. Every one of us is different. I'm pro-choice, because regardless of how *I* feel about abortion, I can only make those choices for myself, under my own circumstances. I would never presume to tell a woman her choice was 'convenient','casually made', or 'unloving'; and I wouldn't DARE to suggest that she's obligated to feel regret...or obligated not to.
Reading your posts often makes me feel physically ill.
Excellent post!

Beautifully said.
Ocean56

AOL

#315706 Nov 14, 2013
NotAPlaya wrote:
Personally, I think you're a sadist...but that's jmo.

You're NOT the only woman in the world. Every one of us is different. I'm pro-choice, because regardless of how *I* feel about abortion, I can only make those choices for myself, under my own circumstances. I would never presume to tell a woman her choice was 'convenient','casually made', or 'unloving'; and I wouldn't DARE to suggest that she's obligated to feel regret...or obligated not to.

Reading your posts often makes me feel physically ill.

Beautifully and brilliantly put, NAP. I couldn't agree more.

Inky (and sSSy too) come across to me as women who really can't accept the fact that some women NEVER want children, at any point in their lives, and because they can't accept the childfree choice are extremely judgmental of any woman who makes that decision. Both of them routinely deny that they feel any hostility toward a woman who chooses to be childfree (the term for no kids by choice rather than by circumstance), but most of their posts make it clear to me that they DO judge women who choose never to have children.

They just don't get it that motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, and probably never will. In their narrow minds, women are "supposed to" be the child bearers and raisers. Any woman who doesn't "accept the role that God gave her" (or something equally ridiculous) is "selfish," "frivolous," or any other insult they choose to use.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#315707 Nov 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It just so happens that I'm not a huge fan of hell, since I've already said many times how I deserve to go there, if anyone does.
Yet "get back to us :)" when you can produce this mysterious Bible you keep speaking of.
Typical lazy christard can't even be bothered to look at the bible they cling to. You're pathetic and incredibly closed minded. Facts remain your enemy.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#315708 Nov 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a judgement on my part, but only a fact. You know the facts on abortion.
Pathetic

Your judgement does not equal fact you arrogant, inhuman piece of garbage.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#315709 Nov 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a hebrew scholar?
Satan has attacked God's Word/Words since the very start.
Imo - He didn't start attacking it, after it was translated into english, but rather at the very beginning. How many different "greek" languages are there? How many words today mean something totally different then just 50 years ago?
Hahahahaha, Satan has attacked gods word??

Is this what you fall back on when people interpret it in a way that doesnt fall in line with your irrational beliefs?

The fact remains that the bible actually refers to Mary as a maid/young woman. Your continued ignorance only shows how rigid and dishonest you truly are. Your truly are full of crap forbyour religion; full of feces for jesus.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#315710 Nov 14, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Ink refuses to believe that animals have a soul.
She thinks they're decorations.
And will kill them if she determines their quality of life isnt up to her standards.

Prolife? Spare me the hypocrisy.
No Relativism

United States

#315711 Nov 14, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Ink refuses to believe that animals have a soul.
She thinks they're decorations.
Playa: "Ink refuses to believe that animals have a soul.
She thinks they're decorations."

^^^ Stands up for animals. Promotes killing baby humans.^^^
No Relativism

United States

#315712 Nov 14, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
And will kill them if she determines their quality of life isnt up to her standards.
Prolife? Spare me the hypocrisy.
You support and promote killing baby humans.

You're a mess.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#315713 Nov 14, 2013
Puddles! What are doing in MA? That's a little close for my comfort. Have you ever considered moving to Siberia? I think it would suit you perfectly.
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#315714 Nov 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those people lived in poor conditions, and don't have to suffer anymore.
No, I'm sorry, I confused those ten thousand, with the ten thousand that were aborted this week.
Lets just say ALL those who died didn't have a say in the matter.
I get it!! Nature is God's abortion! Just a woman sees her fetus as having a poor future, she has an abortion.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315715 Nov 14, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'd read the entire article, you would've seen the author stated where the other author got her info from. Court papers and other documents. You didn't seem too interested to know the abortion numbers are continually dropping. If, during Victorian times, the abortion numbers were 7 or 8 times higher than they are now, then we have come a long way.
Why do I "consider that a woman being inconvenienced by a comming child a negative"? Who said I did? Where'd you glean that from? I repeat, you seem more interested in passing negative judgment than learning.
Katie, this is what I read. Show me what I missed pertaining to constructing the numbers.

Nonetheless, having achieved their legal goal, many doctors -- including prominent members of the AMA -- went right on providing abortions. Some late-nineteenth-century observers estimated that two million were performed annually (which would mean that in Victorian America the number of abortions per capita was seven or eight times as high as it is today). Reagan argues persuasively that our image of nineteenth-century medicine is too monolithically hierarchical: while medical journals inveighed against abortion (and contraception), women were often able to make doctors listen to their needs and even lower their fees. And because, in the era before the widespread use of hospitals, women chose the doctors who would attend their whole families through many lucrative illnesses, medical men had self-interest as well as compassion for a motive. Thus in an 1888 exposé undercover reporters for the Chicago Times obtained an abortion referral from no less a personage than the head of the Chicago Medical Society.(He claimed he was conducting his own investigation.) Unless a woman died, doctors were rarely arrested and even more rarely convicted. Even midwives -- whom doctors continued to try to drive out of business by portraying them, unfairly, as dangerous abortion quacks -- practiced largely unmolested.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315716 Nov 14, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's arrogance to categorize a decision as selfish when you don't know all the reasons behind it.
Do those reasons make the baby any less dead?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#315717 Nov 14, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>I get it!! Nature is God's abortion! Just a woman sees her fetus as having a poor future, she has an abortion.
Don't forget to include the Susan Smiths,Andrea Yates's of the world who kill their born children who they felt were better off dead. For every Mom(who abort) who didn't want to give their child up for adoption after birth because they felt abortion was *better*,is a Mom(who choose to drown,smother,abuse to death)who didn't want to hand their child(ren)over to their husbands or family because they felt it was a *better* choice.

Welcome to the minds of the insane.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#315718 Nov 14, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your assessment. AC has to believe any woman who chooses abortion is in denial or simply evil. Their ideologies won't let them see anything else.
I imagine none of the choices are easy. Seems to me, putting up for adoption might be the toughest choice of all.
How ya doin', Katie :)
Killing your child vs putting your child up for adoption where they can be CHOSEN by an adoptee couple who wants them. Hmmm....THIS puzzles you?

Did it puzzle you when you heard about Susan Smith or Andrea Yates drowning their children? They were all known to be loving Moms too. They made a choice that they felt was best for their children. Did you view their personal choices as a loving mom or a simply evil? Were their choices a form of denial? I mean what crazy person who think that this was best? Did your "ideologies not let you see anything else"?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315719 Nov 14, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, playing dumb again, huh?
What was stopping him from divorcing her?
LOL are you implying that women who have repeated abortions should be divorced by her husband? LOL again.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315720 Nov 14, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Playa: "Ink refuses to believe that animals have a soul.
She thinks they're decorations."
^^^ Stands up for animals. Promotes killing baby humans.^^^
Is that weird or what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min Thinking 255,545
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Gunner 1,396,356
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 hr Into The Night 9,887
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Chosen Traveler 32,291
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 27 Barbi A 201,865
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web