Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310968 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315678 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah but he was married to a modern woman with complete atonomy over her body. He had no say in the matter. Isn't that the way it is supposed to be?
Ah, playing dumb again, huh?

What was stopping him from divorcing her?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#315679 Nov 13, 2013
illinois wrote:
Obama care will save us all!!!!
Lol
And no further comment ...or MY.NO Will skyrocket ..

Just wait till this,time next year ...when all the employer based insurance is,affected .

You might want to have your folks check.with their Docs and hospitals,
One of the biggest suppliers,is,dropping a whole lot of suppliers ..
And won't go into the,rest .

Take care

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#315680 Nov 13, 2013
SUPPLIERS,Meaning Docs and Hospitals,...the provider network dropping ...And,patients,will be unaware until January ..

70 thousand so far in our state .

And I is from.a,person who would know. And phone calls I made for us,.as we lost our good provider ...

And yes their excuse is citing costs due to the law

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#315681 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I have an opinion unlike you. I know women who have had more than one abortion for no reason other than a baby wouldn't fit into their self centered life. If I know several you probably do too. Please don't pretend that all women having abortions are doing for the sake of the dead child.
I seriously doubt you personally know these women well enough that they would tell you in those specific words why they chose to have an abortion.

Location hidden

#315682 Nov 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh. I call bull. I say you're lying again. You've been hanging around Sassy too long. A story for every occasion.
Yep.

Location hidden

#315683 Nov 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
He obviously didn't have a problem with these supposed self-admittedly selfish abortions his wife had, or they wouldn't have remained married, huh? Wouldn't that make HIM selfish too? I have to wonder about someone who thinks someone so "self-centered" would make a good father.
Ain't no way in hell I would let a man, friend or not "borrow" my kid to take to Mc D's. Maybe the 6 year old was being a pain in the butt and momma Ink just needed a little "alone" time. How self centered is that?
Gtown71

United States

#315684 Nov 13, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical nonsense response from the braindead. You don't care about anything except that which feeds your delusions.
You're just too closed minded to accept the fact that the word Hel/hell didn't exist when the bible was written.
It just so happens that I'm not a huge fan of hell, since I've already said many times how I deserve to go there, if anyone does.

Yet "get back to us :)" when you can produce this mysterious Bible you keep speaking of.
john q public

Carrollton, TX

#315685 Nov 13, 2013
Are we there yet?
Gtown71

United States

#315686 Nov 13, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You and inkys judgement about abortions being done as a matter of convenience means nothing. Your judgement of what is convenient or not convenient in anyones life had no relevance. Those people are free to make their own decisions without interference from people like you who don't know or care about them or their lives.
Not a judgement on my part, but only a fact. You know the facts on abortion. You also know how I feel about those who have had one. I am no better than they, and I do believe people have free will, but just don't really care for eveything out there being legal, or even worse partly paid for by others.
Many people have died here lately.
Many becouse of a natural disaster.
Many becouse of a man made one.
Gtown71

United States

#315687 Nov 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It's kinda special when the girl involved is engaged to marry someone and the pregnancy isn't his. Your god evidently doesn't respect marriage or commitment. And he's a deadbeat dad as well.
<quoted text>
Ok.
People have built their own god since the beginning of time.
I truly don't see a difference today, other then using wood, gold, or other tangible items, they simply build a god in their mind.atleast they build what "they" "think" god "should" be.
Gtown71

United States

#315688 Nov 13, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>The Hebrew in the Holy Bible is defined as "young woman", not "virgin". But if you're a Hebrew scholar show me that I'm wrong.
Are you a hebrew scholar?

Satan has attacked God's Word/Words since the very start.

Imo - He didn't start attacking it, after it was translated into english, but rather at the very beginning. How many different "greek" languages are there? How many words today mean something totally different then just 50 years ago?
Gtown71

United States

#315689 Nov 13, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>But why is it impossible for God to make mistakes? Or was 10,000 deaths in the Phillipines God's intent?
Those people lived in poor conditions, and don't have to suffer anymore.

No, I'm sorry, I confused those ten thousand, with the ten thousand that were aborted this week.

Lets just say ALL those who died didn't have a say in the matter.
Gtown71

United States

#315690 Nov 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
... Put up Elf ....Beginning of December...I bet you all missed Madame lol.
I've missed her :)
STO

Vallejo, CA

#315691 Nov 13, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"The reason doesn't matter, it is a dead baby."
Regardless of how inaccurate your sentence is, there it is. You will never empathize with pregnant girls/women considering abortion or have had one without regret.
So long as women don't walk in lockstep with you and see a dead embryo/fetus as a dead newborn, you will criticize and judge their reasons, project your negativity onto them, and sentence them to deserving whatever they get throughout their lives. The worse outcomes, the better, you'd smugly tell yourself.
I agree with your assessment. AC has to believe any woman who chooses abortion is in denial or simply evil. Their ideologies won't let them see anything else.

I imagine none of the choices are easy. Seems to me, putting up for adoption might be the toughest choice of all.

How ya doin', Katie :)
Gtown71

United States

#315692 Nov 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your assessment. AC has to believe any woman who chooses abortion is in denial or simply evil. Their ideologies won't let them see anything else.
I imagine none of the choices are easy. Seems to me, putting up for adoption might be the toughest choice of all.
I can't imagine any woman having an abortion does so without a lot of stress. I knew a lady who laughed about hers, and said she wish she could have another one, for the meds, but people say one thing, and hide their true feelings inside.

There is no easy answer to this, but I still don't believe the kill at will program is a good message to be sending.

The more backup plans / the more risk people will take.
katie

Seattle, WA

#315693 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't inaccurate. Ask any one who has miscarried a wanted child. I wish no harm on any woman who has had an abortion. It is their legal right and to listen to you and others, they go on with their life with relief and satisfaction that they did the right thing. Why do they need empathy? It's all good. My sympathy is for the women who aren't sure that killing their child was the right thing to do and may be suffering some remorse.
It is inaccurate, I have miscarried. While the emotions are under the umbrella of what we call grief, the difference between losing an embryo/fetus and losing a child is this: One was but a dream, the other a reality. Ask any parent who's lost a born and known child.

Empathy and sympathy are not the same. If you need to ask why anyone needs it, you might be incapable of giving it.
katie

Seattle, WA

#315694 Nov 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi STO :)

I'd imagine putting up for adoption is pretty tough. But we don't aim for criminalizing it because some women have regrets. What gets me about AC is how they accuse us of dehumanizing the embryo/fetus - I don't - all while they dehumanize/demonize women who make the decision to terminate unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy. All the while they post as if they're justified to do such a thing while referring to PC as eeeevvviiilllllll for supporting women's civil rights to choice.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#315695 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't inaccurate. Ask any one who has miscarried a wanted child. I wish no harm on any woman who has had an abortion. It is their legal right and to listen to you and others, they go on with their life with relief and satisfaction that they did the right thing. Why do they need empathy? It's all good. My sympathy is for the women who aren't sure that killing their child was the right thing to do and may be suffering some remorse.
Ink, every one of my pregnancies was wanted. Even the one I 'killed'. And having miscarried several times, and having lost my elder son to an aneurism, I know the difference between losing a wanted fetus, and losing a child. It's huge. I mourned my aborted embryo for a few hours, my miscarriages for a few more.

I'll mourn my son for the rest of my life.

I'm sure this has been said to you before, but you assume much when you refer to 97% of abortions as 'inconvenience abortions'. The fact that you carried your pregnancy to term doesn't make you a better person than the woman who aborts because the condom broke, and her husband just lost his job, and she knows that her job would be gone if she took maternity leave.

And while I've got you on the phone here, I'm just going to throw in that all the pissing and moaning you've done over 'hand-outs' is in direct opposition to the position you claim to take: You don't want women to abort for financial reasons, but you'll be damned if you'll willingly give them help in that department once they deliver. There are only certain ways your 'pro-life' stance will permit it, namely adoption.

You claim to have all kinds of mad sympathy for women who abort and regret it. What about the women who give their babies away, and regret it MORE?? Of all the women I know who've either aborted or relinquished, the women who opted for adoption were the shattered ones...the ones who cried every day for years...the ones who AGONIZED over where, how, and with whom their children grew up, their safety, their happiness....

Personally, I think you're a sadist...but that's jmo.

You're NOT the only woman in the world. Every one of us is different. I'm pro-choice, because regardless of how *I* feel about abortion, I can only make those choices for myself, under my own circumstances. I would never presume to tell a woman her choice was 'convenient','casually made', or 'unloving'; and I wouldn't DARE to suggest that she's obligated to feel regret...or obligated not to.

Reading your posts often makes me feel physically ill.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#315696 Nov 13, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are still living creatures...and according to the religious people...God's creatures.
Why does it seem that religious people are often very callous when it comes to animals?
Ink refuses to believe that animals have a soul.

She thinks they're decorations.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#315697 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that many times we would euthanize the animal in it's best interest. There is no reason for animals to suffer as there is no end game. Religious people as you call them believe that people and even forming people in the womb have a soul and God has a purpose for their lives therefore every chance for survival should be given and we as parents are charged with that responsibility.
And if we believe that ending a potential child would be in its best interests? Are we not doing the responsible thing, when we prevent utterly, an unloved child from being born?

I know you don't see it that way, but there again, your personal religious views do not constitute a valid reason on which someone ELSE must base their life choices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Richard 254,895
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 9,544
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri Papi Chulo 32,247
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
News LA Tech's Tyler Summitt resigns because of inap... Apr 9 binaries 1
More from around the web