Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309857 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

saveus

Centralia, IL

#315655 Nov 13, 2013
Obama care, Thank god he saved us all!!!!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315656 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the whole thing and didn't see where the number 2,000,000 comes from. She said unnamed others estimate. It doesn't seem like she researched the number an we know how estimates work. They become what you need them to be.
Why do you consider that a woman being inconvenienced by a comming child a negative?
It's your implication that "inconvenienced" equates to trivial, or selfish, that's the problem here.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315657 Nov 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your implication that "inconvenienced" equates to trivial, or selfish, that's the problem here.
Compared to a life it is.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315658 Nov 13, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You referring to posters here? Or is this someone you really know in real life? Be honest.
She was a friend of mine and we shared the same interests. Her husband used to 'borrow' my six year old and take her to Mickie Ds for lunch. I think he would have made a great dad.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315659 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Compared to a life it is.
In your arrogant opinion, no more.
illinois

Centralia, IL

#315660 Nov 13, 2013
Obama care will save us all!!!!
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315661 Nov 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
In your arrogant opinion, no more.
Bitner I guess it is arrogant to you for me to think a living developing child should not be killed.
illinois

Centralia, IL

#315662 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner I guess it is arrogant to you for me to think a living developing child should not be killed.
its ok, millions now will be on Obama care ,and their will be more!!!!!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315663 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's arrogance to categorize a decision as selfish when you don't know all the reasons behind it.
Doo Doo on Stinky Feces

Brooklyn, NY

#315664 Nov 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion, which will never constitute fact. Now, the FACT is that YOU said GUTTAMACHER said "97% were convenience abortions", and they did not. So, you lied again.
It's not true that the reasons are trivial just because you want to pretend they are. The MOST you can say is that 97% are not done for medical emergencies/rape. But your self-righteous arrogance wants to demonize these women. Just know that you're not fooling anyone with your passive/aggressive behavior.
It is a fact. If they weren't done for medical reasons/rape then they were done because the pregnancy was inconvenient. Inconvenience doesn't necessarily equate to trivial. Look it up. They could have been inconvenient for a whole host of "non-trivial" reasons. Being more than just a tad defensive here aren't you ?
Chill, angry one.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315665 Nov 13, 2013
Doo Doo on Stinky Feces wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a fact. If they weren't done for medical reasons/rape then they were done because the pregnancy was inconvenient. Inconvenience doesn't necessarily equate to trivial. Look it up. They could have been inconvenient for a whole host of "non-trivial" reasons. Being more than just a tad defensive here aren't you ?
Chill, angry one.
LOL, I'm not angry. I have no reason to be.

And yes, I know that inconvenience does not equate with trivial, that's been my point. However, that IS how Ink is using the term.

Defensive? How so, when even SHE admits that's what she means by it?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315666 Nov 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's arrogance to categorize a decision as selfish when you don't know all the reasons behind it.
The reason doesn't matter, it is a dead baby.

It's the culture so much is handled today with death. Pregnant, kill it.
Bullied, kill somebody. Don't like your teacher, shoot him.

And you don't see a trend here. Blind.
illinois

Centralia, IL

#315667 Nov 13, 2013
she can use the new Obama care!!!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315668 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "trend" to see is you getting more melodramatic as the day goes on.
katie

Seattle, WA

#315669 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the whole thing and didn't see where the number 2,000,000 comes from. She said unnamed others estimate. It doesn't seem like she researched the number an we know how estimates work. They become what you need them to be.
Why do you consider that a woman being inconvenienced by a comming child a negative?
If you'd read the entire article, you would've seen the author stated where the other author got her info from. Court papers and other documents. You didn't seem too interested to know the abortion numbers are continually dropping. If, during Victorian times, the abortion numbers were 7 or 8 times higher than they are now, then we have come a long way.

Why do I "consider that a woman being inconvenienced by a comming child a negative"? Who said I did? Where'd you glean that from? I repeat, you seem more interested in passing negative judgment than learning.
katie

Seattle, WA

#315670 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She was a friend of mine and we shared the same interests. Her husband used to 'borrow' my six year old and take her to Mickie Ds for lunch. I think he would have made a great dad.
Maybe so. Maybe not. You'll never know for sure if he's never had any kids.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#315671 Nov 13, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
People are free to shop themselves into eternal debt and be as materialistic as they want, but at the very least I wish these avid shoppers would think about the people who have to leave their homes to work on Thanksgiving night.
You know the high decision makers for these retail companies are home relaxing and gorging on left-overs while the low wage earners are out standing behind the registers.
I wish we could get everyone to join in a boycott of Thanksgiving day shopping.
Hey moon.
Just read this,post .

Absolutely true ..

Obviously a ploy to get people fortunate enough to have a holiday off
To spend time with their families ...into a,store instead .
I cannot ever remember shopping on FRIDAY after ..let alone on Thanksgiving night .

I do appreciate a few places being open for that last minute cranberry sauce for the extra,folks at dinner ..

But also hope they are closed early so the families,have time .
Some convenience stores are run by folks,wounding celebrate and good for them if they want to make extra money .

But unless,they ate paying over time ..And workers ate,really in need of money ..I think shopping on Thanksgiving nite is,ludicrous ...And doubt they pay extra,.

We have so few old traditions,left ..family thanksgiving going away because of greed is crazy ...And people who go out and shop ..kind of goofy.IMO...And the thing is ...the stores open because,people go ..

And everyone HELLO.
hoping post doesn't bring unwanted attention ..But your post hit a,nerve...

Also I posted before about ELF ON the SHELf. Sit in your home's and order from AMAZON thanksgiving night ..Lol

Seriously got one for grand niece and nephew ...greatest idea in s Lon while ..THey will put them up one at grandma's one at dad's brainstorming of December ..

I'm in for the boycott
.take care
katie

Seattle, WA

#315672 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"The reason doesn't matter, it is a dead baby."

Regardless of how inaccurate your sentence is, there it is. You will never empathize with pregnant girls/women considering abortion or have had one without regret.

So long as women don't walk in lockstep with you and see a dead embryo/fetus as a dead newborn, you will criticize and judge their reasons, project your negativity onto them, and sentence them to deserving whatever they get throughout their lives. The worse outcomes, the better, you'd smugly tell yourself.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#315673 Nov 13, 2013
... Put up Elf ....Beginning of December...I bet you all missed Madame lol.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315674 Nov 13, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'd read the entire article, you would've seen the author stated where the other author got her info from. Court papers and other documents. You didn't seem too interested to know the abortion numbers are continually dropping. If, during Victorian times, the abortion numbers were 7 or 8 times higher than they are now, then we have come a long way.
Why do I "consider that a woman being inconvenienced by a comming child a negative"? Who said I did? Where'd you glean that from? I repeat, you seem more interested in passing negative judgment than learning.
This is where I saw the two million number. Was it somewhere else too?

. Some late-nineteenth-century observers estimated that two million were performed annually

If that estimate is way off and I suspect it is then your 8 or 9 times is off also. I don't think you have done enough research yourself and depended on this professor with an agenda to sell books.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min sonicfilter 1,232,317
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Uncle Sam 239,053
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Earthling-1 5,561
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Hector Valente 201,809
Seeking financial and lending help or assistanc... (Jan '13) Fri Olsen Pole 4
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri tom wingo 29,760
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) May 17 tom wingo 84
More from around the web