Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
295,281 - 295,300 of 305,075 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the bible refers to Mary as a young woman.
Oh, and you need to read a book or two about what makes something holy. Maybe you'll learn something!? I highly recommend:
"the idea of the holy" by Rudolf Otto
"the sacred and the profane" by mircea eluade
Granted many books that label themselves Holy Bible do refer to Mary as a young woman, but what's so special about a young woman having a child?

I recommend you find a real Holy Bible, and stop playing with man's mess.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it written in invisible ink, Ink?
:http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/ab ortion-can-make-the-heart-call ous/)

Sorry I was in a hurry to leave the house.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in other words because of your experience you can equate it to ALL women/girls experiences. AND because YOU did what YOU did within your OWN experience no other woman/girls experience would differ in any way? Correct?
That is the problem with you fetus worshippers. You live in ivory towers and know so little.
You know what I think Ink? I think that you and the rest of the fetus worshippers resent your pregnancies but followed through out of religious obligation. You want to punish women/girls by disallowing them choice in order to force them into the obligation YOU felt.
Why do you hate women? You really do, just admit it.
I think many of their circumstances were the same as mine if I look at all the reasons Guttmacher got for responses for why they were aborting.
Never lived in an ivory tower, I have lived in the real world with all it's struggles and problems. I'm glad I didn't take the easy way out.

Punish women for what?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course. As Bitner, quite correctly, pointed out, there are herbs which have been used as abortifacients, for nearly as long as pregnancy has been a 'thing'...and they were around for millions of years before humans were around to use them.
Why don't you believe this? It's well documented, and even the Bible speaks of 'bitter water' which is a reference to an herbally-induced abortion.
A fact which you routinely ignore, when asked where the Bible specifically mentions abortion....because there's no punishment attached to it, probably.
We have the yearly abortion rate statistics for now. Where are your statistics for any other time?

The problem with your Bible refrence is that it doesn't say the adulterous woman is pregnant.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>May we see your source that the majority are married women?
Are you going to explain in better detail how a democratic government should take away the rights of a woman, married or single and not the man? Your idea is simply stupid.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure how you get this, but I did find God, while my life was a mess. Most do. We can't prepare to be saved, or clean up, we just come as we are.
Maybe there are aliens.
People that are from somewhere else.
They have no soul.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We have the yearly abortion rate statistics for now. Where are your statistics for any other time?
The problem with your Bible refrence is that it doesn't say the adulterous woman is pregnant.
I can't believe they are going to the bitter water thingy again, and if honest they know most abortions are done becouse of convenient.
katie

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nonetheless, having achieved their legal goal, many doctors -- including prominent members of the AMA -- went right on providing abortions. Some late-nineteenth-century observers estimated that two million were performed annually (which would mean that in Victorian America the number of abortions per capita was seven or eight times as high as it is today)."
http://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/issues/9...

No, it's to determine if she's been defiled after her husband's been jealous -- whether she's committed adultery or not has no bearing. This is the Law of Jealousies after all and the husband remains blameless. Of course.

"So if the woman is guilty (had sex with someone besides her husband), then the bitter water will make her unable to have children in the future. And if she is pregnant at the time, it will abort the pregnancy."
http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2008/...
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe there are aliens.
People that are from somewhere else.
They have no soul.
No doubt there are aliens.:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with the cherry picking again...read the damn story. It's as clear as any other parable, and indicates that the 'bitter water' is intended to cause the miscarriage of another man's child so the husband isn't burdened with raising it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion has never been the subject of such persecution before, Ink. Records of illegal abortions weren't kept because they were illegal...and before it was criminalized, the government had no records because it wasn't interested.

In the 1700's, newspapers advertised abortifacients right next to the ads for stomach remedies, and constipation relievers. Women administered their own, in the privacy of their homes. And doctors weren't in the habit of (or compelled to) turning their patients' records over to the government for statistical purposes.

Abortion is as old as pregnancy - the numbers just mean people are counting them now. Mostly goddy busybodies, who worry about numbers.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>There you go with the cherry picking again...read the damn story. It's as clear as any other parable, and indicates that the 'bitter water' is intended to cause the miscarriage of another man's child so the husband isn't burdened with raising it.
I've read the story, and the story has nothing to do with a pregnancy.
It only deals with a man who has a jealous spirit on him, about his wife cheating.
If the wife goes through with the ritual, it causes her many problems, but an abortion is not one of them, since it has nothing to do with pregnancy.

If the women in question were all pregnant, then why does it go on to say, that the wives who are not cheating are able to go on and get pregnant?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with all the christmas mess.
They now put out christmas decorations with Halloween decorations.
I remember when nothing was open for a day or so, but now you're right, a lot of stores are open Thanksgiving night, with sales starting at midnight.
I would say very few people even have a clue what they celebrate.
Another one of man's traditions.
People do have free will, as to what they believe, but when one is truly saved, thank God they are saved from themselves.
I've been my biggest problem in life.
Many scream about leaving christ in christmas, but for all the wrong reasons.
It's hard to change a persons core values.
if not impossible.
Kinda funny how much time we spend trying to change others, when we cannot even change ourselves.:)
Happy Holidays. Lol
Very good post. Thank you for your response.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
SassyJM wrote:
Your opinion is irrelevent. Can't you disagree with someone without calling them liars? She is mocking God/Christ. She does it constantly. She is angry as are you.
Bottom line,someone might disagree with God/Christ or be confused,but they don't need to exhibit such disrespect and intolerance towards another beliefs.
I hate to break it to you, sASSy (not really), but no religious beliefs are protected from
verbal criticism or even ridicule. Which means a person can ďmock God/ChristĒ as much as that person wants to. Whether YOU approve of that posterís words or not is irrelevant.
The one who comes across as angry here is YOU, because you canít deal with the fact that no one has to kiss your...um...ring because you have religious views. Again, too bad.
"The one who comes across as angry here is YOU, because you canít deal with the fact that no one has to kiss your...um...ring because you have religious views."

BINGO!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto
People are free to shop themselves into eternal debt and be as materialistic as they want, but at the very least I wish these avid shoppers would think about the people who have to leave their homes to work on Thanksgiving night.

You know the high decision makers for these retail companies are home relaxing and gorging on left-overs while the low wage earners are out standing behind the registers.

I wish we could get everyone to join in a boycott of Thanksgiving day shopping.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the problem? It's a cat or a dog.
They are still living creatures...and according to the religious people...God's creatures.

Why does it seem that religious people are often very callous when it comes to animals?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Ink on aborting cats and dogs during the spaying procedure....

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"What is the problem? It's a cat or a dog."

Followed by this to Bitner....
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your heart is hardened.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think many of their circumstances were the same as mine if I look at all the reasons Guttmacher got for responses for why they were aborting.
Never lived in an ivory tower, I have lived in the real world with all it's struggles and problems. I'm glad I didn't take the easy way out.
Punish women for what?
OK, lets review.

Having a baby would have dramatically changed your life ? What was the plan for your life ?

It would have interfered with your education? What education were you pursuing?

Would interfere with your job/employment/career? Why would you need to work?

Did you have other children or dependents that you could not afford? Were you divorced at this time with no help?

You could not afford a baby, were you not married to an adequate provider ? Or were you unmarried?

Did you have schooling to pursue to better your life?

You could not afford a baby and child care? Again I thought you had an adequate provider?

You could not afford the basic needs of life ? How would you support a child?

You were single and unemployed?

You could not leave job to take care of a baby, again where was your provider...husband?

Would have to find a new place to live, you already had children and not enough adequate space (by law) for another, nor could you afford a larger unit?

Not enough support from husband or partner ?

Husband or partner is unemployed, so you were the only one working?

You were on welfare or public assistance?

You did not want to be a single mother or having relationship problems?

Not sure about relationship ?

Partner and you canít or donít want to get married ?

Relationship or marriage may break up soon?

Your husband or partner was abusive to you or your children?

You were older and had completed your childbearing? You had all the children you wanted or could handle, emotionally financially?

You didn't want people to know I had sex or got pregnant?

You didn't feel mature enough to raise a(nother) child?

Your husband or partner wanted you to have an abortion ?

You experienced possible problems affecting the health of the fetus? Were you on drugs?

You had physical problems with your health ?

Your parents wanted you to have an abortion?

You were a victim of rape ?

You became pregnant as a result of incest ?

Again, you want to punish women/girls by disallowing them choice in order to force them into the obligation YOU felt.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
People are free to shop themselves into eternal debt and be as materialistic as they want, but at the very least I wish these avid shoppers would think about the people who have to leave their homes to work on Thanksgiving night.
You know the high decision makers for these retail companies are home relaxing and gorging on left-overs while the low wage earners are out standing behind the registers.
I wish we could get everyone to join in a boycott of Thanksgiving day shopping.
I so agree. I think it is horrible. People will not support the boycott unfortunately.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min THE DEVIL 1,078,993
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 224,019
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,649
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••