Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312808 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315630 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
'Kill the child' is the answer to everything in the pro aborts world.
Wow, three lies in one sentence.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315631 Nov 13, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>The Hebrew in the Holy Bible is defined as "young woman", not "virgin". But if you're a Hebrew scholar show me that I'm wrong.
It does but it was translated to Greek as virgin and I don't know why since the prophecy only said young maiden. According to the gospels when Mary was approached by the angel and told she would have a son, she asked how could that be since I know no man. That would indicate that she was a virgin and likely given her age.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315632 Nov 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion, which will never constitute fact. Now, the FACT is that YOU said GUTTAMACHER said "97% were convenience abortions", and they did not. So, you lied again.
It's not true that the reasons are trivial just because you want to pretend they are. The MOST you can say is that 97% are not done for medical emergencies/rape. But your self-righteous arrogance wants to demonize these women. Just know that you're not fooling anyone with your passive/aggressive behavior.
At least I have an opinion unlike you. I know women who have had more than one abortion for no reason other than a baby wouldn't fit into their self centered life. If I know several you probably do too. Please don't pretend that all women having abortions are doing for the sake of the dead child.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315633 Nov 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
To be realistic, lots of people work on holidays. Medical staff, police, firemen, utility workers, restaurant staff, and many retail businesses have always been open. You arrange your schedule around it. Not to mention that not everyone celebrates thanksgiving or gets together with family.
<quoted text>
No it is more important that someone can go out and buy a roll of toilet paper so that the store will stay open.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#315634 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I have an opinion unlike you. I know women who have had more than one abortion for no reason other than a baby wouldn't fit into their self centered life. If I know several you probably do too. Please don't pretend that all women having abortions are doing for the sake of the dead child.
Please don't pretend that you know better than anyone else, concerning another person's pregnancy. And please don't pretend that you're 'better' than someone who aborts because they aren't prepared to be a parent.

You don't, you aren't, and you never will be.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315635 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I have an opinion unlike you. I know women who have had more than one abortion for no reason other than a baby wouldn't fit into their self centered life. If I know several you probably do too. Please don't pretend that all women having abortions are doing for the sake of the dead child.
Of course I have an opinion. Unlike you, I'm not arrogant enough to think my opinion should guide everyone else.

If I had a nickel for every fetus worshipper who claims to have known women who've had more than one abortion, I'd have been able to retire by now.

No, I don't know any women who've had more than one abortion. I do know several women who've had one. And they did so for reasons they felt, and still feel, to be good. Again, unlike you, I'm not arrogant enough to think I know better what is a "selfish" or "trivial" reason for someone else.

It's not an either/or issue. Doing what she believes is right for her life does not always equate to being self-centered. It's only your self-righteous arrogance that wants to paint it that way.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315636 Nov 13, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nonetheless, having achieved their legal goal, many doctors -- including prominent members of the AMA -- went right on providing abortions. Some late-nineteenth-century observers estimated that two million were performed annually (which would mean that in Victorian America the number of abortions per capita was seven or eight times as high as it is today)."
http://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/issues/9...
No, it's to determine if she's been defiled after her husband's been jealous -- whether she's committed adultery or not has no bearing. This is the Law of Jealousies after all and the husband remains blameless. Of course.
"So if the woman is guilty (had sex with someone besides her husband), then the bitter water will make her unable to have children in the future. And if she is pregnant at the time, it will abort the pregnancy."
http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2008/...
Where does Leslie Reagan get her estimates from? Her own mind?

The Bible never says that she is pregnant only accused of adultry.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315637 Nov 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I have an opinion. Unlike you, I'm not arrogant enough to think my opinion should guide everyone else.
If I had a nickel for every fetus worshipper who claims to have known women who've had more than one abortion, I'd have been able to retire by now.
No, I don't know any women who've had more than one abortion. I do know several women who've had one. And they did so for reasons they felt, and still feel, to be good. Again, unlike you, I'm not arrogant enough to think I know better what is a "selfish" or "trivial" reason for someone else.
It's not an either/or issue. Doing what she believes is right for her life does not always equate to being self-centered. It's only your self-righteous arrogance that wants to paint it that way.
Reasons they felt to be good. They all say and believe that and that usually means it was more convenient to not be pregnant. Isn't that what I said?
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#315638 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that many times we would euthanize the animal in it's best interest. There is no reason for animals to suffer as there is no end game. Religious people as you call them believe that people and even forming people in the womb have a soul and God has a purpose for their lives therefore every chance for survival should be given and we as parents are charged with that responsibility.
So you're "prolife" when it's convenient for you, got it.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#315639 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I have an opinion unlike you. I know women who have had more than one abortion for no reason other than a baby wouldn't fit into their self centered life. If I know several you probably do too. Please don't pretend that all women having abortions are doing for the sake of the dead child.
"self centered lifestyle"???!!!

Take your pathetic judgments and shove them.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315640 Nov 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Please don't pretend that you know better than anyone else, concerning another person's pregnancy. And please don't pretend that you're 'better' than someone who aborts because they aren't prepared to be a parent.
You don't, you aren't, and you never will be.
Nobody is prepared to be a parent. It's on the job training. Women have abortions because they get pregnant and they don' want the baby. It is that simple. I don't need to hear all the Great reasons for their decisions and why it was so much better for the child to be killed than to have a real bitch for a mother who has no locve to give her own child.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315641 Nov 13, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
"self centered lifestyle"???!!!
Take your pathetic judgments and shove them.
That was her opinion not mine. She said she wasn't willing to give up anything to raise a child. She had her hobbies to persue and indulge in. You would have to call her pathetic not me.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315642 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Reasons they felt to be good. They all say and believe that and that usually means it was more convenient to not be pregnant. Isn't that what I said?
Nope, that's not what it usually means, Arrogant One.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315643 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That was her opinion not mine. She said she wasn't willing to give up anything to raise a child. She had her hobbies to persue and indulge in. You would have to call her pathetic not me.
Unless SHE said her lifestyle was self-centered, it's YOUR judgement. She may, or may not, be pathetic, but we know YOU are.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315645 Nov 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless SHE said her lifestyle was self-centered, it's YOUR judgement. She may, or may not, be pathetic, but we know YOU are.
Yes she knew who she was and very honest about it. I did respect her for that.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315646 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes she knew who she was and very honest about it. I did respect her for that.
Uh huh. I call bull. I say you're lying again. You've been hanging around Sassy too long. A story for every occasion.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#315647 Nov 13, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
People are free to shop themselves into eternal debt and be as materialistic as they want, but at the very least I wish these avid shoppers would think about the people who have to leave their homes to work on Thanksgiving night.
You know the high decision makers for these retail companies are home relaxing and gorging on left-overs while the low wage earners are out standing behind the registers.
I wish we could get everyone to join in a boycott of Thanksgiving day shopping.
Retail might be different these days, I dunno. What I do know is back in the '80s, some stores would open Thanksgiving Day for limited hours. Early Bird hours, mostly, with stores usually closing down for the night by 3pm. Or the opposite, opening at 9pm for an early mad rush on Black Friday. Either way, working was on a volunteer basis with pay at time and a half. When my kids were younger, I worked it. Still had my holiday with my family plus a little extra money for saving or spending, depending.
It was quite the change from the '70s when the only stores open were the 7-Elevens. They never had enough of what folks were needing and the lines were too long. No fast food for those without dinner plans, no gas stations for those who forgot to fill up the night before, no grocery stores with bigger selections in the gravy/cranberry aisle, no extra egg nog.
Until a year or so ago, WA residents couldn't buy alcohol on holidays because the liquor stores were state run. Now you can buy it in the grocery stores. People probably aren't complaining about that.
Not too sure boycotting is any kind of answer, LNM.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315649 Nov 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh. I call bull. I say you're lying again. You've been hanging around Sassy too long. A story for every occasion.
I've been around a long time and have known many people and have been in many different situtions. Life gives you experience. I could probably make your head spin. You call everything bull because you don't know the real world works. Your only focus is that women continue to have safe and legal abortion for any reason and that others never cricize them for their life ending decisions. I just tell it like it is and you don't like it.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#315650 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That was her opinion not mine. She said she wasn't willing to give up anything to raise a child. She had her hobbies to persue and indulge in. You would have to call her pathetic not me.
Raising a child?
They eat with you, sleep with you.
Have fun buying clothes, going to
school. They love you.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#315651 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does Leslie Reagan get her estimates from? Her own mind?
The Bible never says that she is pregnant only accused of adultry.
Court papers and other documents. You could've found the answer if you'd been interested in learning. I think you're more interested in passing negative judgment.
<shrug>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Sicklecell Supporter 1,459,286
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 45 min Trojan 32,609
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 15 hr Go Blue Forever 59
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Tue ChristineM 258,041
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Dec 5 Yin 17
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,371
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web