Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312860 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#315610 Nov 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with all the christmas mess.
They now put out christmas decorations with Halloween decorations.
I remember when nothing was open for a day or so, but now you're right, a lot of stores are open Thanksgiving night, with sales starting at midnight.
I would say very few people even have a clue what they celebrate.
Another one of man's traditions.
People do have free will, as to what they believe, but when one is truly saved, thank God they are saved from themselves.
I've been my biggest problem in life.
Many scream about leaving christ in christmas, but for all the wrong reasons.
It's hard to change a persons core values.
if not impossible.
Kinda funny how much time we spend trying to change others, when we cannot even change ourselves.:)
Happy Holidays. Lol
Very good post. Thank you for your response.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315611 Nov 13, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
SassyJM wrote:
Your opinion is irrelevent. Can't you disagree with someone without calling them liars? She is mocking God/Christ. She does it constantly. She is angry as are you.
Bottom line,someone might disagree with God/Christ or be confused,but they don't need to exhibit such disrespect and intolerance towards another beliefs.
I hate to break it to you, sASSy (not really), but no religious beliefs are protected from
verbal criticism or even ridicule. Which means a person can “mock God/Christ” as much as that person wants to. Whether YOU approve of that poster’s words or not is irrelevant.
The one who comes across as angry here is YOU, because you can’t deal with the fact that no one has to kiss your...um...ring because you have religious views. Again, too bad.
"The one who comes across as angry here is YOU, because you can’t deal with the fact that no one has to kiss your...um...ring because you have religious views."

BINGO!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315612 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto
People are free to shop themselves into eternal debt and be as materialistic as they want, but at the very least I wish these avid shoppers would think about the people who have to leave their homes to work on Thanksgiving night.

You know the high decision makers for these retail companies are home relaxing and gorging on left-overs while the low wage earners are out standing behind the registers.

I wish we could get everyone to join in a boycott of Thanksgiving day shopping.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315613 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the problem? It's a cat or a dog.
They are still living creatures...and according to the religious people...God's creatures.

Why does it seem that religious people are often very callous when it comes to animals?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315614 Nov 13, 2013
Ink on aborting cats and dogs during the spaying procedure....

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"What is the problem? It's a cat or a dog."

Followed by this to Bitner....
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your heart is hardened.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#315615 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think many of their circumstances were the same as mine if I look at all the reasons Guttmacher got for responses for why they were aborting.
Never lived in an ivory tower, I have lived in the real world with all it's struggles and problems. I'm glad I didn't take the easy way out.
Punish women for what?
OK, lets review.

Having a baby would have dramatically changed your life ? What was the plan for your life ?

It would have interfered with your education? What education were you pursuing?

Would interfere with your job/employment/career? Why would you need to work?

Did you have other children or dependents that you could not afford? Were you divorced at this time with no help?

You could not afford a baby, were you not married to an adequate provider ? Or were you unmarried?

Did you have schooling to pursue to better your life?

You could not afford a baby and child care? Again I thought you had an adequate provider?

You could not afford the basic needs of life ? How would you support a child?

You were single and unemployed?

You could not leave job to take care of a baby, again where was your provider...husband?

Would have to find a new place to live, you already had children and not enough adequate space (by law) for another, nor could you afford a larger unit?

Not enough support from husband or partner ?

Husband or partner is unemployed, so you were the only one working?

You were on welfare or public assistance?

You did not want to be a single mother or having relationship problems?

Not sure about relationship ?

Partner and you can’t or don’t want to get married ?

Relationship or marriage may break up soon?

Your husband or partner was abusive to you or your children?

You were older and had completed your childbearing? You had all the children you wanted or could handle, emotionally financially?

You didn't want people to know I had sex or got pregnant?

You didn't feel mature enough to raise a(nother) child?

Your husband or partner wanted you to have an abortion ?

You experienced possible problems affecting the health of the fetus? Were you on drugs?

You had physical problems with your health ?

Your parents wanted you to have an abortion?

You were a victim of rape ?

You became pregnant as a result of incest ?

Again, you want to punish women/girls by disallowing them choice in order to force them into the obligation YOU felt.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315616 Nov 13, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
People are free to shop themselves into eternal debt and be as materialistic as they want, but at the very least I wish these avid shoppers would think about the people who have to leave their homes to work on Thanksgiving night.
You know the high decision makers for these retail companies are home relaxing and gorging on left-overs while the low wage earners are out standing behind the registers.
I so agree. I think it is horrible. People will not support the boycott unfortunately.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315617 Nov 13, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, lets review.
Having a baby would have dramatically changed your life ? What was the plan for your life ?
It would have interfered with your education? What education were you pursuing?
Would interfere with your job/employment/career? Why would you need to work?
Did you have other children or dependents that you could not afford? Were you divorced at this time with no help?
You could not afford a baby, were you not married to an adequate provider ? Or were you unmarried?
Did you have schooling to pursue to better your life?
You could not afford a baby and child care? Again I thought you had an adequate provider?
You could not afford the basic needs of life ? How would you support a child?
You were single and unemployed?
You could not leave job to take care of a baby, again where was your provider...husband?
Would have to find a new place to live, you already had children and not enough adequate space (by law) for another, nor could you afford a larger unit?
Not enough support from husband or partner ?
Husband or partner is unemployed, so you were the only one working?
You were on welfare or public assistance?
You did not want to be a single mother or having relationship problems?
Not sure about relationship ?
Partner and you can’t or don’t want to get married ?
Relationship or marriage may break up soon?
Your husband or partner was abusive to you or your children?
You were older and had completed your childbearing? You had all the children you wanted or could handle, emotionally financially?
You didn't want people to know I had sex or got pregnant?
You didn't feel mature enough to raise a(nother) child?
Your husband or partner wanted you to have an abortion ?
You experienced possible problems affecting the health of the fetus? Were you on drugs?
You had physical problems with your health ?
Your parents wanted you to have an abortion?
You were a victim of rape ?
You became pregnant as a result of incest ?
Again, you want to punish women/girls by disallowing them choice in order to force them into the obligation YOU felt.
Yes to many of those circumstances.
Ocean56

AOL

#315618 Nov 13, 2013
Morgana9 wrote:
You know what I think Ink? I think that you and the rest of the fetus worshippers resent your pregnancies but followed through out of religious obligation. You want to punish women/girls by disallowing them choice in order to force them into the obligation YOU felt.

Why do you hate women? You really do, just admit it.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Inky felt that way, but I don’t expect her to admit that
anytime soon. There’s an anti-choice myth circulating around, that “mothers don’t regret having their children.” Just to do a little research on that claim, which I found highly suspect anyway, I decided to do a Google search on women who DO regret having kids. All one has to do is type “I regret being a mother” or words to that effect in the search bar and see how many links show up. As it turned out, there were quite a few.

After reading some of the stories from women who wish they’d never become mothers, I can definitely say that this claim is definitely FALSE.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#315619 Nov 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Granted many books that label themselves Holy Bible do refer to Mary as a young woman, but what's so special about a young woman having a child?
I recommend you find a real Holy Bible, and stop playing with man's mess.
Typical nonsense response from the braindead. You don't care about anything except that which feeds your delusions.

You're just too closed minded to accept the fact that the word Hel/hell didn't exist when the bible was written.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#315620 Nov 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe they are going to the bitter water thingy again, and if honest they know most abortions are done becouse of convenient.
You and inkys judgement about abortions being done as a matter of convenience means nothing. Your judgement of what is convenient or not convenient in anyones life had no relevance. Those people are free to make their own decisions without interference from people like you who don't know or care about them or their lives.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315621 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes to many of those circumstances.
My unplanned pregnancy came at the worst possible time, and I choose to continue it, also. The difference between us is that I'm not arrogant enough to claim that other women are wrong for making a different choice than mine, or to use the word "convenience" as though another woman's reasons are trivial, as though they are making this decision so that they won't miss a pedicure. That is nothing more than YOUR arrogance speaking. It says more about you than it does about any woman having an abortion.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315622 Nov 13, 2013
<quoted text>
They are still living creatures...and according to the religious people...God's creatures.
Why does it seem that religious people are often very callous when it comes to animals?
I think that many times we would euthanize the animal in it's best interest. There is no reason for animals to suffer as there is no end game. Religious people as you call them believe that people and even forming people in the womb have a soul and God has a purpose for their lives therefore every chance for survival should be given and we as parents are charged with that responsibility.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315623 Nov 13, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
My unplanned pregnancy came at the worst possible time, and I choose to continue it, also. The difference between us is that I'm not arrogant enough to claim that other women are wrong for making a different choice than mine, or to use the word "convenience" as though another woman's reasons are trivial, as though they are making this decision so that they won't miss a pedicure. That is nothing more than YOUR arrogance speaking. It says more about you than it does about any woman having an abortion.
I am sorry but in many cases it is the truth. I wasn't talking about any person in particular, I was only using the reasons of aborting given to Guttmacher and most amount to the fact that it is an inconvenient time.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315624 Nov 13, 2013
It's kinda special when the girl involved is engaged to marry someone and the pregnancy isn't his. Your god evidently doesn't respect marriage or commitment. And he's a deadbeat dad as well.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Granted many books that label themselves Holy Bible do refer to Mary as a young woman, but what's so special about a young woman having a child?
grumpy

Melville, NY

#315625 Nov 13, 2013
Doo Doo for Stinky Feces wrote:
<quoted text>
God set nature into motion and allows it's laws, which include the body naturally rejecting a faulty or abnormal pregnancy, to proceed without interference.
But why is it impossible for God to make mistakes? Or was 10,000 deaths in the Phillipines God's intent?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315626 Nov 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry but in many cases it is the truth. I wasn't talking about any person in particular, I was only using the reasons of aborting given to Guttmacher and most amount to the fact that it is an inconvenient time.
In your opinion, which will never constitute fact. Now, the FACT is that YOU said GUTTAMACHER said "97% were convenience abortions", and they did not. So, you lied again.

It's not true that the reasons are trivial just because you want to pretend they are. The MOST you can say is that 97% are not done for medical emergencies/rape. But your self-righteous arrogance wants to demonize these women. Just know that you're not fooling anyone with your passive/aggressive behavior.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315627 Nov 13, 2013
To be realistic, lots of people work on holidays. Medical staff, police, firemen, utility workers, restaurant staff, and many retail businesses have always been open. You arrange your schedule around it. Not to mention that not everyone celebrates thanksgiving or gets together with family.
<quoted text>
grumpy

Melville, NY

#315628 Nov 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hebrew in the Holy Bible is defined as "young woman", not "virgin". But if you're a Hebrew scholar show me that I'm wrong.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315629 Nov 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>See, I would say the same about yours...your willingness to obligate women to gestate, when the resulting born child is likely to be resented, or profoundly unhealthy, or thrown into the foster care system, is hardness of heart exemplified. You couldn't care less about 'life'- your only concern is your own narrow view of morality.
I say it's far more moral to end that potential in the first few weeks of pregnancy, when most abortions occur, than to complete gestation, unless the prospect of a child fills the woman and her partner with boundless joy. All children should be welcomed eagerly into the world. Not brought here to suffer, be tormented with pain, or set adrift into the roiling seas of cruel and uncaring humanity.
Despite your rose-colored glasses, humans aren't saints, and this is already a bad old world.
'Kill the child' is the answer to everything in the pro aborts world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Earl 1,460,579
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr IB DaMann 258,050
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 20 hr Truth_Hurts01 32,621
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Dec 7 Go Blue Forever 59
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Dec 5 Yin 17
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,371
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web