Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310234 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ocean56

AOL

#315501 Nov 12, 2013
SassyJM wrote:
Nobody is shocked to hear that people like you have rejected God. Jesus walked the earth,ate with his friends,performed miracles for them,and they still rejected him at the end of the day.
What I do think is sad is people like you who blame God for your hurts from other people. It's typical and predictable. It's like people embrace their free-will choices,but don't care about the consequences that evil or just bad choices create. THEN,they blame God when all hell breaks loose. That's not fair.

Also,what I find sad is when people like you or,aged or Bitler(etc)reject God/the RCC/etc.. when they didn't truly understand it. They were misled or just brought up with a wishy wash version(if that)of it. Then,when none of it makes sense,they reject it. Can't say that I blame them at that point. I've seen ALOT of that scenerio. It's tragic really.

Ah, the standard nonsense from militant religionists who canít accept the fact that people CAN reject the toxic baggage of gods, religions and churches and arenít civilly or criminally penalized for doing so. Why am I not surprised. Iíve read and heard it so many times from people like you that I lost count ages ago.

By the way, I understand the RCC and its oppressive position against women all too well; thatís why I rejected it. As far as IíM concerned, any religion or church that forbids all forms of reliable contraception even to PREVENT unwanted pregnancy is most certainly treating women as second-class citizens and mindless baby factories. IMO such a church doesnít deserve respect. It deserves nothing but contempt, which is all the RCC and other such churches will ever get from me. Itís wonderful how much freedom a woman has when she isnít mentally chained by a regressive and oppressive religious institution.
Ocean56

AOL

#315502 Nov 12, 2013
SassyJM wrote:
Do me a favor and stop speaking for ALL women. Normal,sane,moral women don't have a thought in their mind regarding killing their child. Pro-abort women decide if their child is worthy of life or death at their hands but PLEASE don't lump us together. It's insulting.

No one here has to do YOU any favors, sASSy. Youíre just not that important. FTR I donít
consider you to be ďnormal, sane, or normalĒ either.
Ocean56

AOL

#315503 Nov 12, 2013
SassyJM wrote:
Abortion is not a "right" that is based personal belief no matter how much you like to think that it is. It(the human life inside of you)is NOT you. It is your offspring. You may be a control freak who likes to victimize your child in or out of the womb,sorely based on the fact that you have power of that vulnerable child. That's not your "right" based on your personal belief. It's a selfish *act*,a crime against humanity. Some other selfish control freak(s) made the act legal but it is what it is. You're discriminating against your own child based on his/her temporary location.

Abortion IS a right for any woman who decides she doesnít want to be pregnant sASSy, no matter how many times you claim otherwise. Although the Republican anti-choice politicians in states like Texas, Kansas, New Mexico and others are pushing through draconian legislation that make it even harder on women to get access to abortion or even contraception.

IMO you are an anti-choice control freak who wants to take away a womanís basic right to decide for HERSELF whether or not she wants to continue a pregnancy, simply because YOU donít like the fact that some women donít want to be pregnant. Despite the anti-choice crowdís repeated efforts to guilt women into believing your ďabortion is murderĒ ideology, prochoice women and men still arenít buying it. And I really think THAT makes you angry, the fact that you canít force your personal beliefs onto all women by making those beliefs into law. Good.
Ocean56

AOL

#315506 Nov 12, 2013
SassyJM wrote:
Iíve actually have read a few. It's sad. It's a tragedy that women are faced with such anti-human tactics because they can't be bothered mothering their child or adopting him/her out.

The worst are the young girls who are coerced/forced by parents to abort or by a bf when they are so scared,desperate and vulnerable. I feel so sorry that nobody cares about her. They are the saddest stories to hear about ESPECIALLY in person.

Yeah, right.@@ I think whatís really sad for you is knowing there are girls and women whose only regret is that they GOT pregnant in the first place. They are just profoundly relieved that they donít have to gestate a pregnancy they didnít want to begin with. You are aware that ALL contraceptive methods can and DO fail sometimes, arenít you?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#315507 Nov 12, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, there are those claiming to be liberals that take a life and trash it.......as long as it's not them.
How's the weather?@@
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#315508 Nov 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with all the christmas mess.
They now put out christmas decorations with Halloween decorations.
I remember when nothing was open for a day or so, but now you're right, a lot of stores are open Thanksgiving night, with sales starting at midnight.
I would say very few people even have a clue what they celebrate.
Another one of man's traditions.
People do have free will, as to what they believe, but when one is truly saved, thank God they are saved from themselves.
I've been my biggest problem in life.
Many scream about leaving christ in christmas, but for all the wrong reasons.
It's hard to change a persons core values.
if not impossible.
Kinda funny how much time we spend trying to change others, when we cannot even change ourselves.:)
Happy Holidays. Lol
Christmas the best time to shop for yourself.
Buy what you need while it is on sale.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#315509 Nov 12, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
SassyJM wrote:
Iíve actually have read a few. It's sad. It's a tragedy that women are faced with such anti-human tactics because they can't be bothered mothering their child or adopting him/her out.
The worst are the young girls who are coerced/forced by parents to abort or by a bf when they are so scared,desperate and vulnerable. I feel so sorry that nobody cares about her. They are the saddest stories to hear about ESPECIALLY in person.
Yeah, right.@@ I think whatís really sad for you is knowing there are girls and women whose only regret is that they GOT pregnant in the first place. They are just profoundly relieved that they donít have to gestate a pregnancy they didnít want to begin with. You are aware that ALL contraceptive methods can and DO fail sometimes, arenít you?
Why would they regret the pregnancy? The fetus is the one with the regrets for being conceived by a mother who thinks only of herself and not her child. She has every right to keep her knees together before ever getting pregnant. Her rights should end when those rights concern another living, breathing person inside her. You liberal phonies are all the same. Proclaim your hate for war and the killing of "innocent" life but don't blink an eye for the millions upon millions of lives snuffed out by ones own mother.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#315510 Nov 12, 2013
How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would they regret the pregnancy? The fetus is the one with the regrets for being conceived by a mother who thinks only of herself and not her child. She has every right to keep her knees together before ever getting pregnant. Her rights should end when those rights concern another living, breathing person inside her. You liberal phonies are all the same. Proclaim your hate for war and the killing of "innocent" life but don't blink an eye for the millions upon millions of lives snuffed out by ones own mother.
A fetus isn't capable of regret. The guy has every right to keep his penis in his pants too and therefore he should lose his rights also. You agree?
Statistically, the majority of abortions performed are married women with a child/ren already. How do you propose she lose her rights and the husband doesn't or they both do? How exactly is that going to work in this Good Ol' US of A?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#315511 Nov 12, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Taking a life is evil. Those that take a life through abortion are no different than some one that kills someone during a robbery or drive by.
So, the death penalty is evil?
Killing a spider is evil?
Bombing is evil?

I guess your god is evil for killing 1 in 5 pregnancies before they come to term.

Let us know when you're cabable of making a rational argument.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#315512 Nov 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary was only a virgin before Christ was born.

What made mary holy? She was saved by the same Guy I was. It just so happened that Guy was her Son.
:)
Actually the bible refers to Mary as a young woman.

Oh, and you need to read a book or two about what makes something holy. Maybe you'll learn something!? I highly recommend:
"the idea of the holy" by Rudolf Otto
"the sacred and the profane" by mircea eluade
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#315513 Nov 12, 2013
Eliade
katie

Tacoma, WA

#315514 Nov 12, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Terminology is all they have to fight over because in their hearts they know it is somebody's child/baby waiting to be born. Already a family member, a sister, brother, son, or daughter. Most times already loved and eagerly anticipated. There is no difference between a wanted chld and an unwanted child except that the unloving mother will have it killed before birth.
"There is no difference between a wanted chld and an unwanted child except that the unloving mother will have it killed before birth."

Why would you assume/presume such a thing? Do you believe God to be unloving when spontaneous abortion occurs? Of course not. So *why* would you believe a woman facing unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy is unloving if she chooses to abort that pregnancy?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#315515 Nov 12, 2013
How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetuses don't breathe.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#315516 Nov 12, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Taking a life is evil. Those that take a life through abortion are no different than some one that kills someone during a robbery or drive by.
As ever, I support your right to speak your opinion.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#315517 Nov 12, 2013
How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...what?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315520 Nov 12, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
That was an interesting reply "Ink."
It was direct, honest, and revelatory.
Thank you.
The generally accepted perception of you has been of someone who takes every word of the New Testament as pure, unadulterated Truth, but does not feel the same way about the Old Testament.
This has, unsurprisingly, created an impression of someone who wants to "cherry-pick" what they choose to believe as inarguable "Truth," especially when it comes down to the moral decisions regarding the subject of abortion.
I also happen to think the "lost" Gospels are fascinating.
I especially like comparing the "Gospel according to Judas" with the Greek writer Nikos Kazantzakis's novel, "The Last Temptation of Christ."
Since the book was written not too long after that "Gospel" was discovered, I can't help but wonder just how much that remnant of the Dead Sea Scrolls influenced the writer's "vision."
Have you read any of Elaine Pagels works?
Her books, "The Gnostic Gospels," "The Origin of Satan," and "Revelation," are quite informative--and good reads to boot!
To touch on abortion only briefly, I have said that I believe the Ten Commandments were God given and are still relevant if you are a believer. The 'thou shalt not murder or kill unjustly' for me, covers abortion since an unborn child is refered to as a child in all the old writings and my understanding is that God knows us before birth. Even science says that at conception a whole new unique individual is formed. I know abortion is legal and that women have a choice. I also understand that my impression of God and the Bible can be quite different from someone looking to justify abortion.

I haven't read the books you mentioned but i am reading "Jesus, an historian's review of the gospels" by Michael Grant. He goes into detail about what is most likely factual and what might be factual but colored to suit the writer's point of view or audience.

I need to check more into the Judas Gospel but I understand the drift. I think the gospel of Peter is insightful and I can understand why it wasn't included in the Canon.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315521 Nov 12, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a physical shell, alive but without Spirit, a blank slate.
How can you be so sure?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315522 Nov 12, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
Oh...and good morning.
Gtown, what do you think of the obscenity that has become Christmas? A friend of mine says we should just call it "Retail Day". Cancel all other holidays, just celebrate "Retail Day", and the whole year can be dedicated to Retail Day shopping.
Even as an atheist I'm horrified at the complete bastardization of a holiday that at the very least is a good day of rest and relaxation with friends and family.
I am so disgusted at this new practice of opening stores on Thanksgiving evening.
Ditto

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315523 Nov 12, 2013
Our troops take lives, too. Guess they`re all evil?
Le Jimbo wrote:

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315524 Nov 12, 2013
So...some woman wised up and aborted your spawn. Anything else?
How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min John Galt 1,277,560
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 8 min Into The Night 6,930
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 46 min -Stray Dog 247,559
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 29,953
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Tue Pastor Pete 201,864
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web