Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,567
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

#315438 Nov 11, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi John, nice post. Do you think that all believers in God take the Bible literally?
Good evening my friend!
:)
Please, you know the answer to that quite well...of course I don't.
You for example, are rather enigmatic, and this is what I think causes you as much grief on here as it does.
You've stated that you take the words of Christ, basically the New Testament at face-value. However, you also claim to take the Old Testament allegorically rather than literally.
You've got to admit that the two approaches seem rather contradictory and has quite a few posters--myself included--somewhat puzzled.
"Gtown," however has stated that he does take the Bible literally, and that if it's written in the Bible, then it's Truth as far as he's concerned.
While I enjoy a lively theological debate as much as the next person, I suspect that a Q&A session with him won't go very far.
And, given that he's a pleasant enough poster, do I really want to start something that could turn very ugly very quickly?
I don't think so, though I do want to continue the discussion he and I were having with regards to my perception that "Free-Will" isn't really a possibility with an Omniscient, Omnipotent God.

“That rug tied the room”

together--did it not...?

#315439 Nov 11, 2013
RC Honey wrote:
Me, not signed in, and if I have dinner at my Dad's tonight, it will read Calgary. Visiting my Aunt in Winnipeg, reads Winnipeg. Visiting my In Laws in Saskatchewan, it will read HELL!
Hah-hah!

Hiya "Rach."

Wow, Saskatchewan must indeed be awful if other Canadians are referring to it as HELL!
You folks always seem so stoic, so untroubled by external forces.
I've only ventured to Montreal, and Toronto so I know I've not gotten the proper "feel" for Canada.
Speaking of Toronto, what do you think of their Mayor?
His explanation for his behavior was nothing short of awesome IMO.
"Eh, yeah, I smoked crack/cocaine but it was during one of my drunken stupors..."
If only we, here in the U.S. had politicians who were so bluntly honest...
And we always thought Canada/Canadians were boring!
;P

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315440 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>A womans child is her offspring and the age,location of that child is irrelevent.
My embryo,fetus,newborn,toddler,a dolesant,teenager,young adult,adult IS my child/baby.
A baby is a term used for your child. It is also a proper term for a young child,a human fetus,your youngest,etc....
Wrong, all around.

Baby is a term of endearment, and slang for infant, which is the time period from birth to one year.

You're confused.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315441 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Nor did I assume that she was making a decision for anyone. Please pay attention to the discussion and stay with us.
Say what you mean,mean what you say.
You either are pro-choice or you are anti-choice(the choice to electively kill a human in the womb).
Stop playing games. You're not fooling anyone.
I didn't say you assumed, Stupid Sassy. You said it outright. Go back and read your own post again.

I always say what I mean and mean what I say.

Yes, one is either pro-choice, or anti-choice. Pro-choice means to support the woman's right to make her own choice regarding her own pregnancy. It does NOT mean we all have to be of the same opinion on WHEN she makes that decision.

You are the only one of the two of us playing games, and you are the one fooling no one.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315442 Nov 11, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The baby is a fetus before birth but still the same human being.
You can have that opinion, but it's just that, your opinion. It is not a fact, and my opinion differs. It's not a human being before birth. It's an embryo or fetus.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315443 Nov 11, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening my friend!
:)
Please, you know the answer to that quite well...of course I don't.
You for example, are rather enigmatic, and this is what I think causes you as much grief on here as it does.
You've stated that you take the words of Christ, basically the New Testament at face-value. However, you also claim to take the Old Testament allegorically rather than literally.
You've got to admit that the two approaches seem rather contradictory and has quite a few posters--myself included--somewhat puzzled.
"Gtown," however has stated that he does take the Bible literally, and that if it's written in the Bible, then it's Truth as far as he's concerned.
While I enjoy a lively theological debate as much as the next person, I suspect that a Q&A session with him won't go very far.
And, given that he's a pleasant enough poster, do I really want to start something that could turn very ugly very quickly?
I don't think so, though I do want to continue the discussion he and I were having with regards to my perception that "Free-Will" isn't really a possibility with an Omniscient, Omnipotent God.
Good thing it isn't puzzling to me. Why does it have to be all or nothing. Shouldn't we take into consideration who wrote what and why. What could have been the motives. How were things communicated six thousand years ago. Also going outside the Bible is neccessary to read historians thoughts, agreements, disagreements and conclusions. Also there have been other gospels not associated with the Church or banned by them. I just don't see how it can be all or nothing.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315444 Nov 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You can have that opinion, but it's just that, your opinion. It is not a fact, and my opinion differs. It's not a human being before birth. It's an embryo or fetus.
Okay it's a human fetus. One of us just waiting to be born.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#315445 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
""""Elimin ating gas from the digestive system is a HUMAN thing to do."""" " so is pooping....but I don't go around doing it in public ;)
Who are you trying to convince, me or you?
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
I started wearing one to lift up my big boobs. It DOES help ;)
Helps your brother not get a hard-on around you, DOES it?

Good call.

“That rug tied the room”

together--did it not...?

#315446 Nov 11, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Just as many people have hit rock bottom and have rose from that bottom, without the help of a god. Any way it happens is good, as long as it happens.
Agree 100%!
However, I'd prefaced my reply to "Gtown" that others who'd claimed to have been "Saved" went through the same thing he did.
Some people feel a need for an external force/God to help them get over the roughest moments of their lives, some people don't.
Good to "see" you "Elise."
How've you been?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315447 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Who's debating over terminology but YOUR side? LOL Me personally, referring to my child as a fetus or toddler is a personal preferrence at the time. Doesn't change any facts.
Terminology is all they have to fight over because in their hearts they know it is somebody's child/baby waiting to be born. Already a family member, a sister, brother, son, or daughter. Most times already loved and eagerly anticipated. There is no difference between a wanted chld and an unwanted child except that the unloving mother will have it killed before birth.

“That rug tied the room”

together--did it not...?

#315448 Nov 11, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing it isn't puzzling to me. Why does it have to be all or nothing. Shouldn't we take into consideration who wrote what and why. What could have been the motives. How were things communicated six thousand years ago. Also going outside the Bible is neccessary to read historians thoughts, agreements, disagreements and conclusions. Also there have been other gospels not associated with the Church or banned by them. I just don't see how it can be all or nothing.
Hey "Ink!"

Well, quite a few folks would demand to know why you feel perfectly comfortable taking the words of the New Testament literally, without the need to question, but don't consider the "whole Bible" to be as infallible.
You've said you believe--without question--the existence of Jesus, and that the "miracles" attributed to him were true events that took place as they're described.
As a non-believer, "Ink," I need to understand why you'll accept that with practically no question, but won't give equal credence to, say, the Book of Job.
Indeed I agree that we ought to take into consideration who wrote what, why and, most importantly, when...
As you yourself have pointed out, customs were far different back then and many don't really seem to apply to our civilization of today.

Since you bring them up, what is your opinion of the "lost" Gospels?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315449 Nov 11, 2013
Using appropriate terms is a basic tenet of any debate. Medical debates use medical terms; legal debates use legal terms, etc.

The whole debate is about whether women have to remain pregnant if they don't want to be. The fetus is irrelevant to the woman's wishes.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> I think of and/or refer to my offsprings as my "children" is strange to you? LOL okay! Whether they are young or older is irrelevent to the fact that they are in fact,my offspring/children.
Where they are located,or what their stage of life,doesn't change that fact. Who gave you the authority to make up the "debate terms"?
This whole debate is based on you thinking that you have a right to kill your offspring or not. Getting all fancy about it,makes YOU feel justified in your stance,then so be it. I personally don't care if I call my child my "fetus" or my "child",anymore or less than I care if I call my child my "toddler" or my "child". It's all the same. Preference at the moment to go either way. No biggie.
Gtown71

Grand Prairie, TX

#315450 Nov 11, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>That's your best explanation?@@
There is no good explaination to some things.

Or better -no one can explain spiritual things in the flesh.

I used to ask my wife what it meant to be saved? She never could explain in a way I could comprehend.

Only after I was saved did I "get it".
Gtown71

Grand Prairie, TX

#315451 Nov 11, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
The victims of evil don't get to choose.
There was only one who could have stopped the evil done to Him, but yet chose to allow them to treat Him very cruelly and kill Him. So that we could live.
life isn't fair and never will be.

Glad to see, that you know evil is real.

Indianapolis

#315452 Nov 11, 2013
Did you have a relevant argument?

We KNOW you can't differentiate between pregnancy and born individuals, but it should be obvious. Birth is when YOU stop giving a damn. Only the fetus is important.

BTW...a woman CAN find someone to terminate an unwanted pregnancy if she looks hard enough. It may not be legal, but you're the twit who brought up Susan Smith. Most women don't wait for the third triMester to electively abort.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Pregnancy is 9 months dear. In the realm of things,it is short. Who cares anyway?
"""Each woman decides what the appropriate length of her own pregnancy is""""
If she wants to,she can decide the "appropriate" length of their life span after birth as well. Depends on when or if she decides to not kill them. Ask Susan Smith to explain for you. She personally chose to wait til one was like 4 yrs old,while the other was only alloted 2 yrs on earth. YOUR point?
Oh,and guess what Peteyboy? I can't decide the appropriate length of time my pregnancy is. See,if I tell my Dr that I want my baby delivered at 6 months,he won't do it. He can't do it.
Oh,and guess what else honeybun? A woman can't decide the appropriate length of time for her pregnancy *electively* after her restrictions.
Ut uh!
Gtown71

Grand Prairie, TX

#315453 Nov 11, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
The word hell is not in the original bible.
Facts remain your enemy.
Well please show me this original bible you keep talking about.

God used to be my enemy, but no longer, so facts isn't that big of a deal in the scale of things.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#315454 Nov 11, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay it's a human fetus. One of us just waiting to be born.
Babies do not really belong to us.
They are His.

Indianapolis

#315455 Nov 11, 2013
They aren't in denial. They don't regard the fetus the way you do, and don't have to.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Honey,I don't need to read their stories to know that they are either still in denial(most likely)as a coping mechanism,or they are just so turned over to evil that they don't know right from wrong anymore.
It's painful for women to make the choice. WHAT'S that say? something is not "right" in that "right" to kill their child as choice. MANY on your side that support abortion "rights" even agree with no elective abortion after the first trimester. WHAT'S that say to you?
It's a very emotional,painful place to be when you come to reality,..out of that world of denial. These women suffer something fierce and I find it very sad that you don't care about THOSE women after the fact. Thank God,literally,that they have a loving,forgiving God who will heal them and be with them thru that journey back to sanity and mental/emotional health.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#315456 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> You poor little girl. WHY did you get married Ocean? WHO forced you?
Just because someone wronged you in life doesn't mean that the rest of us married couples give up our "freedom" or become a "guys UNPAID housekeeper".
We as married couples become ONE. We still maintain our individuality but we do things as a couple. When we become moms,our priorities shift but it doesn't mean that we lose our identity. In fact,in a marriage,that love grows.
Again,I am sorry that you got treated life a low life,second class citizen by some man. NOBODY forced you to marry this man,did they?
Well,you are single now for years. Why are you so bitter still?
Why was I thinking your husband left you? Must be thinking of someone else I guess.

Indianapolis

#315457 Nov 11, 2013
You've never owned a cat, have you? They leave...souvenirs.
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Why would one posesss a rat's ass to give, anyway?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Incognito4Ever 1,142,055
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Morse 231,846
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 24 min Trojan 28,179
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr IBdaMann 2,137
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 4 hr Suzanne shelton 636
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 22 hr ngzcaz 1
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) Sat MichaelAB 140

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE