Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#315346 Nov 11, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you just the hilarious troll, Rachel!!
Self-admitted troll who posts under various screen names under various locations... Say, weren't you a topix mod at one time or other?
Chicky posts under a screen name known by and from the same location.
:-|
No, not Topix Mod! Seriously? Here? And do I think you guys would have fell for that??!!!

When, one day, and if I'm able to achieve that power, you guys will still know it's me. Hard to cover up a girl like me!
RC Honey

Airdrie, Canada

#315347 Nov 11, 2013
Me, not signed in, and if I have dinner at my Dad's tonight, it will read Calgary. Visiting my Aunt in Winnipeg, reads Winnipeg. Visiting my In Laws in Saskatchewan, it will read HELL!

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#315348 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> In other words,....no response about your side being against abortion too?
Okey Dokey!
We all have different opinions on it, honey. Believe it or not, we don't have to be of exactly the same mind. I have clearly stated my opinion on restrictions, many times. You have responded several times to my comments about it, so we've already been over it. If you choose to claim ignorance on that, that's your issue. Many prochoicers don't agree with my opinion on restrictions. Doesn't cause me to attack them on the subject. We have to work together for abortion rights, overall. Restrictions will be negotiated upon; compromises are made, like it or not. You, otoh, attack anyone who doesn't march lockstep with your specific and narrow philosophy. We all saw how you attacked rose for having the audacity to be friends with anyone who wasn't just like you. You are free to be that way and I support your right to be so. Is THAT okay with you?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#315349 Nov 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my disagreement that causes me to call you a liar. It's you lies.
Again, there was no anger in that post. Nor is there any in mine.
I'm sorry, but you are simply not important enough to make me angry.
Any disrespect shown, if there was any, was shown to the POSTER, not the religion itself. That you can't separate the two is not Junket's problem, it's yours.
""It's you lies"""

Speak English please.

Nobody is interested in your opinion. I said that her post was full of anger. YOU are an angry person. You disagree? I am not surprised.

Aged post was mocking Christ,Mary and Joseph.
feces for jesus

Commack, NY

#315350 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Your opinion is irrelevent. Can't you disagree with someone without calling them liars?
She is mocking God/Christ. She does it constantly. She is angry as are you.
Bottom line,someone might disagree with God/Christ or be confused,but they don't need to exhibit such disrespect and intolerance towards another beliefs.
You mock others beliefs and then demand respect? F u and your pathetic beliefs.

Atrisco Village

#315351 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
Elises words" Even you must understand that many, many people do not believe that abortion is wrong, much less evil, which is a concept flung around by fundies for anything that they don't happen to agree with."
Elise? Are your fellow pro-aborts fundies because they don't agree with you?
yes or no?
<cue insults and name calling>
No, because they don't accuse me of being evil, blah blah blah for not agreeing with them. You do that. Btw, not all religious people are fundies. You are a fundie...and quite confused, apparently. Are you high, today? Need a nap?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#315352 Nov 11, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you innocent of insulting and name calling, JM?
Why do you post as if you were then?
Hypocrite much?
To avoid answering a question or acknowledging a point that makes the person a hypocrite is what I was referring to. Elise is notorious for that.

No offense but most of your side resort to name calling and insults for a whole variety of reasons that go from the above^^explanation to the fact that ones disagrees. Take Bitler for instance,she disagrees with my post to aged,where I said that she was an angry bigot with her ugly insults. She disagreed so she resorts to calling me a liar.

It's typical with your side.

Atrisco Village

#315353 Nov 11, 2013
RC Honey wrote:
Me, not signed in, and if I have dinner at my Dad's tonight, it will read Calgary. Visiting my Aunt in Winnipeg, reads Winnipeg. Visiting my In Laws in Saskatchewan, it will read HELL!
lol! Yeah, I was posting from NY and someone accused me of being a troll. I guess no one else travels on this forum. Yokels...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315354 Nov 11, 2013
So your god creates fallible beings, gives them no tangible evidence that he exists (even though he used to speak directly to them), gives them lifespans of a few decades, and then burns them for eternity if they don`t guess right? How is that even sane, much less wise?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does the bible story.
Bacon and ham will burn up completely.
Many have trouble with the teachings of Hell.
I don't like Hell either, but one could look at the sun as a place that burns and burns, but never burns out.
Souls apparently live forever. Somewhere.
If you even considered that there was a God, would you "be willing" to give up all, or anything that God deemed evil?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315355 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> ""It's you lies"""
Speak English please.
Nobody is interested in your opinion. I said that her post was full of anger. YOU are an angry person. You disagree? I am not surprised.
Yes, the "r" on my keyboard stuck, and I didn't notice. Feel better now? LOL, you're so petty.

I am not angry, and neither was Junket. You are lying again, it's that simple.

It's clear that I'm right in saying that the truth doesn't serve your agenda, and so all you are left with is attacking the people whose points you cannot refute.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#315356 Nov 11, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not. I am not being deceitful at all. You are, though.
I use the specific terms to be clear. Again, is there some reason you can't use them? Are you deliberately trying to be obscure?
The term "conception" is useless in this debate, for the very simple reason that the person using it may be talking about some point in the process that is very different from when the other considers "conception" to be. The terms fertilization and implantation don't have the same problem.
The terms have nothing to do with species, by the way.
What are you babbling about....why would I say a 20 year old is not a "proper term"? Have you lost your mind? Stop babbling, and proofread your posts before submitting. Reading them out loud might help.
Pay attention.

I mentioned an example of a friend of yours referring to her 20 or 30 yr old as her "child". Would you reprimand her for not using the proper term for "her child"...i.e her young adult.

For some odd reason I "must" refer to my child while in utero as a "fetus" or it's proper stage of life name but outside the womb you'd have no problem with me talking about my child regardless of the proper stage of life term(newborn,toddler,adolesant ,teenager,young adult,etc..). In fact,you wouldn't even care because proper terms are meaningless when I am discussing "my child".

You're a phony who uses proper terms ONLY while in utero for your own agenda. Don't refer to your fetus as your child and then you can consciencely condone your evil stance,not to be "clear".

We ALL know a embryo,fetus is our child. We ALL know our newborn,toddler,adolesant,teen ager,etc..is our child. We don't NEED to clarify that. You're deceitful game can't be played without it,even though the jokes on you. REGARDLESS of it's proper aged term,it is still our offspring/child that is being discussed.

Atrisco Village

#315357 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> ""It's you lies"""
Speak English please.
"Nobody is interested in your opinion." You, mean, YOU aren't interested in her opinion. Do you speak for everyone? Very arrogant, my friend.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#315358 Nov 11, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>We all have different opinions on it, honey. Believe it or not, we don't have to be of exactly the same mind. I have clearly stated my opinion on restrictions, many times. You have responded several times to my comments about it, so we've already been over it. If you choose to claim ignorance on that, that's your issue. Many prochoicers don't agree with my opinion on restrictions. Doesn't cause me to attack them on the subject. We have to work together for abortion rights, overall. Restrictions will be negotiated upon; compromises are made, like it or not. You, otoh, attack anyone who doesn't march lockstep with your specific and narrow philosophy. We all saw how you attacked rose for having the audacity to be friends with anyone who wasn't just like you. You are free to be that way and I support your right to be so. Is THAT okay with you?
Attempt number two...

Elise said" Even you must understand that many, many people do not believe that abortion is wrong, much less evil, which is a concept flung around by fundies for anything that they don't happen to agree with"

Sassy replied"Are your fellow proaborts fundies as well" if they are against abortion after the first trimester?

YES OR NO?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#315359 Nov 11, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No, because they don't accuse me of being evil, blah blah blah for not agreeing with them. You do that. Btw, not all religious people are fundies. You are a fundie...and quite confused, apparently. Are you high, today? Need a nap?
Whether or not they accuse you of being evil for supporting elective abortion after viability is irrelevent.(you don't have proof of that. In fact,many from this forum have made comments on other forums about those who chose abortion at that stage for a child born with a cleft palate. The works that were called to that woman was "bitch".)

Back to the Question,are they fundies like you said that I was for being against abortion?

Atrisco Village

#315360 Nov 11, 2013
Oops, I called sassy an arrogant fundie. Sorry, my bad. I know that she gets upset about that. But, she can call me evil and more. Hmmm...okay. lol
katie

Tacoma, WA

#315361 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> To avoid answering a question or acknowledging a point that makes the person a hypocrite is what I was referring to. Elise is notorious for that.
No offense but most of your side resort to name calling and insults for a whole variety of reasons that go from the above^^explanation to the fact that ones disagrees. Take >>Bitler<< for instance,she disagrees with my post to aged,where I said that she was an angry bigot with her ugly insults. She disagreed so she resorts to calling me a liar.
It's typical with your side.
You consistently refer to Bit_N_er as Bit_L_er (see above >> <<), but hypocritically jump and up down over imagined anger and being called a liar?

If you don't wish to be called a liar, JM, don't lie. Pretty simple.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315362 Nov 11, 2013
Really? Cite your source. Which doctors say "many" and which say they deceive women?

Some women cry, some don`t. Every case is different, and none are any of your business. BTW...many women cry when going in to have mastectomies. Should they not proceed?

YOU ignore all the women who do NOT regret their decisions.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> No,this is not true. Abortion providers (the abortionist,nurses,staff)have repeatedly said that they have many moms who change their minds when they see the ultrasound pics of their baby. In fact,they have said that they deceive women so that they abortion continues as planned(knowing the mom will have a change of heart).
What you seem to fail to realize is that a good majority of women going in for abortions are crying. They know deep in their hearts what's about to happen. I feel that many are clueless as to the full truth though. Testimonies from post-abortive women prove this over and over. Add that to the ignorant statements coming from post abortive women on here who are still in denial.
Seems the ones that repent of their dirty deed have the guts to admit what they've done to their child.It's part of their healing process. Truth.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#315363 Nov 11, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>We all have different opinions on it, honey. Believe it or not, we don't have to be of exactly the same mind. I have clearly stated my opinion on restrictions, many times. You have responded several times to my comments about it, so we've already been over it. If you choose to claim ignorance on that, that's your issue. Many prochoicers don't agree with my opinion on restrictions. Doesn't cause me to attack them on the subject. We have to work together for abortion rights, overall. Restrictions will be negotiated upon; compromises are made, like it or not. You, otoh, attack anyone who doesn't march lockstep with your specific and narrow philosophy. We all saw how you attacked rose for having the audacity to be friends with anyone who wasn't just like you. You are free to be that way and I support your right to be so. Is THAT okay with you?
"""". Restrictions will be negotiated upon; compromises are made, like it or not. """

You can't call yourself pro-choice if you don't support a womans right to abort(electively)til the moment that baby is OUT of the mother.

You are pro-abortion until YOU decide *for* her.

Inconsistent at best. Hypocritical even.

""""" """"We all saw how you attacked rose for having the audacity to be friends with anyone who wasn't just like you"""" """""

LMAO. Please do show me one post where I did this. After all,you claim that "we all saw",so I am sure one you can find one ;)

Atrisco Village

#315364 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Attempt number two...
Elise said" Even you must understand that many, many people do not believe that abortion is wrong, much less evil, which is a concept flung around by fundies for anything that they don't happen to agree with"
Sassy replied"Are your fellow proaborts fundies as well" if they are against abortion after the first trimester?
YES OR NO?
Wow, I answered you. Take it easy, already. Relax.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315365 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Pay attention.
I mentioned an example of a friend of yours referring to her 20 or 30 yr old as her "child". Would you reprimand her for not using the proper term for "her child"...i.e her young adult."

I was paying attention. What you just said is not what you said in the other post. I responded to what you said.

"For some odd reason I "must" refer to my child while in utero as a "fetus" or it's proper stage of life name but outside the womb you'd have no problem with me talking about my child regardless of the proper stage of life. term(newborn,toddler,adolesant ,teenager,young adult,etc..). In fact,you wouldn't even care because proper terms are meaningless when I am discussing "my child"."

You're deflecting. If a friend mentions their child, obviously I already know they have a child. There is no confusion to be had with the term. Unlike "conception" which means two different points, and can cause confusion.

"You're a phony who uses proper terms ONLY while in utero for your own agenda. Don't refer to your fetus as your child and then you can consciencely condone your evil stance,not to be "clear"."

I did no such thing. You're lying again.

"We ALL know a embryo,fetus is our child."

Nonsense. Your opinion is not fact.

"We ALL know our newborn,toddler,adolesant,teen ager,etc..is our child. We don't NEED to clarify that."

I never said you did. We weren't talking about those terms. Do try to focus.

"You're deceitful game can't be played without it,even though the jokes on you. REGARDLESS of it's proper aged term,it is still our offspring/child that is being discussed."

Stop deflecting. I was talking about three terms only "conception", "fertilization" and "implantation". YOU are the one being deceitful.

Again, is there some reason you can't use the specific terms "fertilization" and "implantation" in order to be clear?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min DEATH 1,223,450
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Uncle Sam 238,319
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr tom wingo 29,708
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
More from around the web