Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311364 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315268 Nov 10, 2013
If you think subjugating women is "good", then I am the fu**ing antichrist, babycakes.
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes we know killing babies and partial birth murder are on the platform of the liberals. It's what sets you apart from the good in humanity. For there to be good, there first must be evil. Liberals supply that quite well.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315269 Nov 10, 2013
The medical world says nothing of the kind, nor does the bible. In fact, the idea of conception was somewhat mysterious for those bronze age primitives. Life began at the first breath in every biblical society.

Low information? The more education you have, the more llikely one will be liberal. For instance, we know the difference between a medical procedure and "evil", and the difference between a fetus and a born child.
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>hmmmmmm only because you libs believe that to ease the continence of taking a life as no big deal........unless you are that life. The medical world says life begins at conception, so does the Bible and so it is with sane people. Only liberals believe differently because they have to fool the low information voter into believing evil is good and good is evil.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#315270 Nov 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>hmmmmmm only because you libs believe that to ease the continence of taking a life as no big deal........unless you are that life. The medical world says life begins at conception, so does the Bible and so it is with sane people. Only liberals believe differently because they have to fool the low information voter into believing evil is good and good is evil.
Go gestate something, Jimmy.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315271 Nov 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
I am not a liberal.

No, the "medical world" does NOT say "life begins at conception", considering that "conception" is defined as either fertilization OR implantation. It's a useless term.

Be sure to put on your tin foil hat, Oh Paranoid One.
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315272 Nov 10, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
And some people believe invisible sky-daddies. Crazy, huh?
She explained her grandmother was catholic and later began embracing paganism, you zero-IQ fucwit. BTW--vuduists quite often combine their beliefs with catholicism. Maybe if you ever researched something you wouldn't be perpetually confused.
<quoted text>
Ha! Zero-IQ!! They've probably not met any real Cajuns... LOL
feces for jesus

Thiells, NY

#315273 Nov 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
Hey look! Another off the wall teabagger with nothing but an over active imagination.
Gtown71

United States

#315274 Nov 10, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The medical world says nothing of the kind, nor does the bible. In fact, the idea of conception was somewhat mysterious for those bronze age primitives. Life began at the first breath in every biblical society.
Low information? The more education you have, the more llikely one will be liberal. For instance, we know the difference between a medical procedure and "evil", and the difference between a fetus and a born child.
<quoted text>
Well, when mary was pregnant with our savior,she went to visit her cousin who was pregnant with John the baptist. It's pretty clear when it says the "baby" (John) leaped in His mother's womb, when mary, with child entered the room. It's also clear, when it says John was filled with the Holy Spirit (before) he was born, in order to carry out what God wanted
him to do.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#315275 Nov 10, 2013
John the Gymnast! Gtown, it's called "quickening" and women that have given birth are familiar with the sensation. Nothing whatsoever miraculous.

The Holy Spirit infiltrating Mrs. JtB's womb is a different story. Uhm, did Mrs.(or Miss or Ms.) give permission? Cuz if I understand correctly the Virgin was told and the poor sod Joseph was also informed by a choir of angels that they were chosen to raise the son of God. I cannot imagine anyone passing up that honor, can you?

It's been a couple or thousand years since - so what's next? Any guesses?
Gtown71

Walker, LA

#315276 Nov 10, 2013
Junket wrote:
John the Gymnast! Gtown, it's called "quickening" and women that have given birth are familiar with the sensation. Nothing whatsoever miraculous.
The Holy Spirit infiltrating Mrs. JtB's womb is a different story. Uhm, did Mrs.(or Miss or Ms.) give permission? Cuz if I understand correctly the Virgin was told and the poor sod Joseph was also informed by a choir of angels that they were chosen to raise the son of God. I cannot imagine anyone passing up that honor, can you?
It's been a couple or thousand years since - so what's next? Any guesses?
Well I was simply pointing out what the Bible said on the matter, but as far as what's new? I can only say about. 12 years ago I went from hating the very idea, of God and thinking anyone who thought different were crazy, and I loved my Sin and couldn't get enough, to being awaken by this God, and after yielding to Him - the very momment I woke up I was changed. I hated my Sin and begin to desire the things of God. Now me not being around anyone who could brainwash me on religion, and all came from within, you tell me what happened?

Sounds like I was born again, just like the bible says one must be.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#315277 Nov 10, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point!
Being that the fetus worshippers are lead by religious dogma it appears they believe( perhaps unconsciously) that women/girls are only worth what they can produce. This appears to be the case in scripture:
1 Timothy 2:15
Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
It is fun looking up scripture, I enjoyed looking up scripture roles for wives and husbands. A real eye opener sense all the instructions pertain to how a "woman/wife should "act" but very little on how a "husband/man" should act. One of my favorites on the role for husband :
Titus 2:4-5
4 and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.
Obviously they had to be "trained" ! Guess they were not fond of the idea of being forced to marry with no other options back then! But hey....that was their ONLY worth!
The role of husbands:
http://www.openbible.info/topics/husbands_rol...
Yeah I've seen some of my nieces, husbands try to pull this stay at home crap on them. They couldn't be "trained" and they are all Southern Baptists. Somewhere around in the same book of Timothy you'll find that the preacher is to be the husband of one of wife. I know many a churches that have ordained a preacher and him having been divorced. Such a double standard.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#315278 Nov 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, when mary was pregnant with our savior,she went to visit her cousin who was pregnant with John the baptist. It's pretty clear when it says the "baby" (John) leaped in His mother's womb, when mary, with child entered the room. It's also clear, when it says John was filled with the Holy Spirit (before) he was born, in order to carry out what God wanted
him to do.
So God wanted his head on a platter?

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#315279 Nov 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
him to do.
Yes of course, and more importantly:

Once upon a time there were three little pigs and the time came for them to leave home and seek their fortunes.

Before they left, their mother told them " Whatever you do , do it the best that you can because that's the way to get along in the world.

The first little pig built his house out of straw because it was the easiest thing to do.

The second little pig built his house out of sticks. This was a little bit stronger than a straw house.

The third little pig built his house out of bricks.

One night the big bad wolf, who dearly loved to eat fat little piggies, came along and saw the first little pig in his house of straw. He said "Let me in, Let me in, little pig or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in!"

"Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin", said the little pig.

But of course the wolf did blow the house in and ate the first little pig.

The wolf then came to the house of sticks.

"Let me in ,Let me in little pig or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in" "Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin", said the little pig. But the wolf blew that house in too, and ate the second little pig.

The wolf then came to the house of bricks.

" Let me in , let me in" cried the wolf

"Or I'll huff and I'll puff till I blow your house in"

"Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin" said the pigs.

Well, the wolf huffed and puffed but he could not blow down that brick house.

But the wolf was a sly old wolf and he climbed up on the roof to look for a way into the brick house.

The little pig saw the wolf climb up on the roof and lit a roaring fire in the fireplace and placed on it a large kettle of water.

When the wolf finally found the hole in the chimney he crawled down and KERSPLASH right into that kettle of water and that was the end of his troubles with the big bad wolf.

The next day the little pig invited his mother over . She said "You see it is just as I told you. The way to get along in the world is to do things as well as you can." Fortunately for that little pig, he learned that lesson. And he just lived happily ever after!

Ilove stories and it appears you do also!

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#315280 Nov 10, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I've seen some of my nieces, husbands try to pull this stay at home crap on them. They couldn't be "trained" and they are all Southern Baptists. Somewhere around in the same book of Timothy you'll find that the preacher is to be the husband of one of wife. I know many a churches that have ordained a preacher and him having been divorced. Such a double standard.
Amazing isn't it?

The biggest threat of women venturing out and making a living is one thing and one thing ONLY...they might be able to support themselves and not totally reliant on a man for food, clothing and shelter. That would be a disaster!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#315281 Nov 10, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once upon a time there were three little pigs and the time came for them to leave home and seek their fortunes.
Before they left, their mother told them " Whatever you do , do it the best that you can because that's the way to get along in the world.
The first little pig built his house out of straw because it was the easiest thing to do.
The second little pig built his house out of sticks. This was a little bit stronger than a straw house.
One night the big bad wolf, who dearly loved to eat fat little piggies, came along and saw the first little pig in his house of straw. He said "Let me in, Let me in, little pig or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in!"
"Let me in ,Let me in little pig or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in" "Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin", said the little pig. But the wolf blew that house in too, and ate the second little pig.
But the wolf was a sly old wolf and he climbed up on the roof to look for a way into the brick house.
The little pig saw the wolf climb up on the roof and lit a roaring fire in the fireplace and placed on it a large kettle of water.
When the wolf finally found the hole in the chimney he crawled down and KERSPLASH right into that kettle of water and that was the end of his troubles with the big bad wolf.
The next day the little pig invited his mother over . She said "You see it is just as I told you. The way to get along in the world is to do things as well as you can." Fortunately for that little pig, he learned that lesson. And he just lived happily ever after!
Evening "Luv!"

I know that story--in fact, here's the documentary footage chronicling those events...

Gtown71

Walker, LA

#315282 Nov 10, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>So God wanted his head on a platter?
Well He did allow it to happen, like He allows many things to happen, that's of evil. He created humans not robots, and allows us to choose what we do. And we do choose what we do.
Gtown71

Walker, LA

#315283 Nov 10, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do :)
When you meet the One who inspires the "story", it makes the "story" really come to life.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#315284 Nov 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well He did allow it to happen, like He allows many things to happen, that's of evil. He created humans not robots, and allows us to choose what we do. And we do choose what we do.
Good evening "Gtown71."

This is one of those instances where I find myself grinding my teeth, and cracking my knuckles in exasperation with regards to the "Logic" folks like yourself tend to employ.

If you're confused I'll boil it down...
If the ultimate scenario was that God wants everyone to "Come-to-Him," but gives everyone "Free-Will," to choose to do so or not, that I'd understand...and agree with.
The addition of God being Omniscient, and Omnipotent, more or less effectively "negates" God's bestowing "Free-Will" on his "creations."
If He already knows what they're going to do, how they're going to choose, what they're going to "think, and feel" before they do, then that renders the concept of "Free-Will" meaningless.
The "creation" might believe that they're acting out of their own "choice" but, since their actions are already "known," their pathway is already "predetermined."
Unless God is not Omnipotent, then the concept of an Omniscient God doesn't make a whole lot of sense--the concept of such a God who already knows the outcomes of someone's life, but deliberately "chooses" not to "act" on it simply doesn't add up.
"Free-Will" is the ability to do what is not "foreseen..."

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#315285 Nov 10, 2013
StopTheMadness wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink the Stink is as stupid as they come. Typical brain dead Christard.
Hey look everyone, I see Chicky is making her usual, well thought out comments again.

I love the entertainment value of how easily upset she gets, and her need to vent. Now go off on me Chicks! Don't forget to call me names, and please know that everyone is just fascinated, and waiting with bated breath at your (hehe) brilliance!(as they are mine)

Location hidden

#315286 Nov 10, 2013
StopTheMadness wrote:
<quoted text>
You follow that one to the letter!!
As do you, with utmost precision!

Location hidden

#315287 Nov 10, 2013
StopTheMadness wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you're honest!
As you were about how you can't afford expensive meat (try cow's tongue, I heard that's cheap) How you had to raise your kid on your own (reason's obvious), your medical issues (easily diagnosed anger issues), and how you just keep getting banned.

Keep being honest Chicks, keep being YOU!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min ROY 1,396,543
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 31 min ChristineM 255,567
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Earthling-1 9,890
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 32,292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 27 Barbi A 201,865
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web