Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313638 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Havertown, PA

#315216 Nov 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What have I got to do with those posts? What's the matter, too stupid to remember who else has been posting?
You call me a liar everyday. I don't even have to see you name and I can tell it's you by your insipid posts.
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315217 Nov 9, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
""""" "See what happens when the women aren't kept balled and chained to the stove? They can explore their curiosities and actually learn something from someone""" """""
Yet ANOTHER anti-stay at home mother/housewife woman.
Because,after all-"see what happens when the women aren't kept balled and chained to the stove". They get to "explore their curiousitites and actually(YES FOLKS,SHE SAID THAT)learn something".
WOW!
just WOW!
Are you f'n crazy? I have been a stay-at-home mother throughout my parenting years. I have also worked. I had choices. Choices are fantastic in any person's life. You, otoh, wish to remove choices and leave women with very limited options. Options of which you approve, but nothing more. Especially, apparently, exploring one's curiosity. Something you obviously disrespect and disparage because of your own fears.
Gtown71

United States

#315218 Nov 9, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
So he wants murderers, rapists and sadists to be "just like" they are?
Well, He does want them to come to Him just as they are.

There's no way a person can "clean " themselves up enough to be fit for Heaven period.

You know the answer to your question :)

God doesn't want anyone to be a rapist, lier, adulterer,murderer,or the worse of them all - those who gossip and talk about all of those "bad" people out there.:)
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315219 Nov 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Him, who?
And when did I EVER say anything about "seeing" an embryo/or fetus being part of any criteria?
Why must you lie so much?
Yes, we know facts don't matter to you. But they do to normal people.
In effect you did. Being born is your criteria for worthiness of life. That's when you can see him or her.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315220 Nov 9, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>You people (yes,YOU included even though you are married because you defend their posts)are clear on your views regarding stay at home moms/wives. You all support killing your own or anothers child/offspring in the womb a choice.
You're not "different",you're insane,demonic and a bunch of nuts.
Oh,did I forget anti-life,and anti-women?
No, you're a liar. I am none of those things.

I have NEVER said anything against stay at home wives and mothers. In fact, I've been clear that when my children were you I WAS a stay at home wife and mother, you idiot. And I have defended no posts that do so.

Go ahead, Liar, find one where I did either.

I support no such thing. I support a woman's right to make her own choice. Her RIGHT. If you can't state my positions on issues correctly, don't bother.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315221 Nov 9, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
A successful live birth does much more (all of which has been listed here time and time again) than "change the location OF that humans life." But all that's probably irrelevant to you, too.
It changes nothing except their method of breathing. Same little boy or girl inside or out.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315222 Nov 9, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Yo Ditzy girl,......we are discussing the fact that a human EXISTS and IS DEVELOPING. Birth brings on a change in LOCATION only in regards to that fact.
Changes occur from day one and continue on through that EXISTING humans life.
Try again.....
NEXT....
Wrong. Ink made the erroneous statement that birth only changes location. You repeated that erroneous statement. More than location changes at birth. There are also physical changes, mental changes, legal changes, and for some, spiritual changes. And this has been pointed out to you time and time again. Do try to keep up.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315223 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
In effect you did. Being born is your criteria for worthiness of life. That's when you can see him or her.
Nonsense, I've never said, or implied that.

You've never seen a fetus on an ultrasound?

How stupid are you, really?
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315224 Nov 9, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!
PLEASE tell me that this ^^is a joke.
PLEASE.
You were raised "Catholic" by an atheist mother. Your Grandmother was a Catholic/pagan. WTF?????
((SASSY RUBS HER EYES IN HOPE THAT SHE MISREAD))
JM isn't smart enough to read ahead before posting or think outside the box. Or even quote the rest of the post, thereby leaving only a partial quote making it only half-true. Or even remember the role of godparents. Aren't you a godmother, JM? I swear you mentioned you were. Do you not have an active role guiding your godchild religiously even while the parents live?

You go on, keep displaying your deceitful tendencies. It's what you do best, right?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315225 Nov 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Ink made the erroneous statement that birth only changes location. You repeated that erroneous statement. More than location changes at birth. There are also physical changes, mental changes, legal changes, and for some, spiritual changes. And this has been pointed out to you time and time again. Do try to keep up.
It doesn't matter it is the same baby before birth as it is after.
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315226 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It changes nothing except their method of breathing. Same little boy or girl inside or out.
That is your belief. A false premise with no basis in reality. Obviously you prefer to think of a newborn as an embryo/fetus in suspended animation relying on the umbilical cord and bodily systems of another for its survival.

I prefer reality and all the physiological, physical, legal, and spiritual changes a successful live birth brings.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315227 Nov 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense, I've never said, or implied that.
Ahem you have said that it is a child only at birth and can be aborted anytime before that.

If I am wrong then when is your personal gestation point at which the fetus should not be aborted?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315228 Nov 9, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your belief. A false premise with no basis in reality. Obviously you prefer to think of a newborn as an embryo/fetus in suspended animation relying on the umbilical cord and bodily systems of another for its survival.
I prefer reality and all the physiological, physical, legal, and spiritual changes a successful live birth brings.
What is so important that happens at birth which makes the child more valuable? Either physiological, physical, legal or spiritual?
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315229 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What is so important that happens at birth which makes the child more valuable? Either physiological, physical, legal or spiritual?
Birth doesn't make an embryo/fetus "more valuable". What a strange idea. Adding value to the embryo/fetus is just another of your false premises. It probably stems from your mistaken belief that the embryo/fetus equates a newborn. And your mistaken belief that an unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy has no value.

Did you really just make pregnancy a commodity?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315230 Nov 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>

Have you? What does it look like?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315232 Nov 9, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Birth doesn't make an embryo/fetus "more valuable". What a strange idea. Adding value to the embryo/fetus is just another of your false premises. It probably stems from your mistaken belief that the embryo/fetus equates a newborn. And your mistaken belief that an unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy has no value.
Did you really just make pregnancy a commodity?
Does an unwanted fetus have any value? What are the important changes that take place at birth?
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315233 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Does an unwanted fetus have any value? What are the important changes that take place at birth?
You *have* made pregnancy a commodity! OMG! Now it all makes sense. The PLM, the Tea Party, the Koch brothers...

You are not going to understand, but it's the same answer that's been given time and again. Every woman's individual pregnancy has as much value as SHE places on it. Most women, annually about 4M, give or take, place a high value on their pregnancies. Some women, about a million, annually, give or take, place values on their pregnancies, but for whatever reason are unwanted/unhealthy.

It is not up to society to place a set value on individual pregnancies because these, then, are reduced to commodities -- something or someone of value bought or sold through trade.

Can you place a set amount on a human life, Ink? Have you already?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#315234 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Good now that is settled and we don't have to use it anymore to make our points. No more blaming the B. for all women's problems. Women can now stand up on their own two feet and put the blame for whatever is bothering them on themselves.
Then you can spread the word among your fellow fundies that they can stop spouting scriptures and start minding their own business.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#315235 Nov 9, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Don't kill your child in or out of the womb. PERIOD. What THAT has to do with your ridiculous claim that I want anyone to be miserable,is beyond me.
You're showing signs of desperation.
No, I was right.
First American

Elizabethtown, IN

#315236 Nov 9, 2013
I have to take a stand on Roe vs wade, I am totally against abortion. Its MURDER, there are other opitions in the world there is the morning after pill, condoms, adoption.
it truely pisses me off that i had to pay 23,000.00 to do IVF to have a baby my insurance paid nothing but if i wanted an abortion its a 40 dollar copay.Lets level the cost 23,000.00 for an abortion

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Julia 1,508,026
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 22 hr Sport phartz 32,812
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,490
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
NCAA Basketball Tournament Feb 27 needhelp01 1
More from around the web