Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313199 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

katie

Spanaway, WA

#315196 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry don't know anything about a republican Jesus. Sounds silly to me.
I thought Obamacare was going to take care of all women's health problems.

How can you not understand or not know what's going on inside the Conservative GOP? Haven't you claimed you are a conservative republican? Do ever do any research on your own, Ink?

Y'know, I haven't been behind what you call "obamacare" and what most call the Affordable Health Care Act. From the beginning I thought it too much like military coverage, which leaves quite a bit lacking in care and too much hoop-jumping for veterans to get the benefits they were promised at sign up. It takes a year or more for veterans to jump through all those hoops even with their military records in place. Then add their daily struggles dealing with their injuries and what you have is a huge mess.

I know when I tried signing up for the new coverage the first week it was offered, I kept getting "ERROR ERROR". And all I was doing was giving them my email address and creating a password.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#315197 Nov 9, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>First things first:
You bitterly resent having words put in your mouth, and yet you do it yourself to others with a consistency that proves the 'hobgoblin of little minds' rule. Those of us who see religion as a straitjacket, REFUSE to be victims of it. Apparently, that bothers you to no end, and you simply MUST assign the 'victim of past experience' role to pro-choice women, in order to explain our stance to yourself.
Quit it.
And secondly, OF COURSE WE ARE ANGRY about religionists attempting to slam women back into the dark ages, by compelling us to be enslaved to our reproductive function by law. Even if they are ultimately unsuccessful, the very fact that they have had such a large influence on our legal system is appalling....and you're damn right I'm friggin' ANGRY about that. Why wouldn't I be?
Women get angry. We also belch, fart, and sneeze. And sometimes, we have abortions.
Get over it.
Brilliant! Bravo!
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#315198 Nov 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Prior to birth, the embryo/fetus is developing in suspended animation. What's in it for you to criminalize abortion when the embryo/fetus is neither a citizen nor included as part of the species of homo sapiens sapiens?
Birth only changes the location OF that humans life.

Being a legalized citizen or not is irrelevent to that fact. Whomever decides that this humans life deserves respect or not, or whether they have value or not is irrelevent to that fact.
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315199 Nov 9, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>What's an abortion Katie? It is a procedure that ends the life of a womans developing,existing offspring in the womb. A pregnancy means that she conceived her offspring.It's a new unique life in there.
Birth is part of the process of a humans life journey.
You dehumanize to suit your selfish agenda. You give me the chills. You're very evil to the core Katie. Your daughter had your granddaughter in her belly not long ago. I bet a million dollars that all found out that "it" was a girl and got super excited when you got the chance to feel "her" move and kick,and see her grow bigger and bigger.
Are you incapable of answering a simple question, JM? You have to distract and sidetrack with a bunch of hooey instead of being honest and answering the question of what's in it for you to criminalize abortion?

You don't know me. You try painting me into a disfigured, grotesqueness to satisfy your own selfish need of denying women civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy.

Granddaughter was not ectopic, she was an implanted embryo/fetus during prenatal development.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#315200 Nov 9, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa...looks like I hit a nerve.
Now I know I was right. You need single/childless women to seem miserable so you can feel superior.
Don't kill your child in or out of the womb. PERIOD. What THAT has to do with your ridiculous claim that I want anyone to be miserable,is beyond me.

You're showing signs of desperation.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315201 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't having a good day if they don't call me a liar several times, especially Bitner.
Do you know anything about a republican Jesus?
What have I got to do with those posts? What's the matter, too stupid to remember who else has been posting?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315202 Nov 9, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Birth only changes the location OF that humans life.
Being a legalized citizen or not is irrelevent to that fact. Whomever decides that this humans life deserves respect or not, or whether they have value or not is irrelevent to that fact.
Wrong, there are many changes which occur with birth. Physical, mental, legal and for many spiritual.

But, as I told ink, you know this already, as it's been pointed out many times.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#315203 Nov 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. There are also changes in anatomy and physiology, changes in consciousness, legal status, and for some spiritual changes.
But you knew that, as it's been pointed out many times here.
"Change" in that existing humans life has nothing to do with what was being discussed.We are talking about birth. Birth only changes the location OF that humans life.

Changes of all sorts begin at conception,and end at the death of that humans life. But,YOU knew that.
Firas Ghedir

Tunisia

#315204 Nov 9, 2013
Please Visit us and change your life to positive

www.4simplelife.net
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#315205 Nov 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're as incorrect as always. I was raised Catholic by an atheist Mother and Catholic/Pagan Grandmother. My father's family entirely Catholic. My sister was raised Catholic.
But then you grow up and you learn ... If I had to be boxed into any religion, I'd say Pagan. But I don't box myself in, that's what society's been trying to do since the early '70s when one of my teachers said I couldn't be a fireman because I'm a girl.
Good God almighty! Get your dramaself under control!!
ROFLMAO!

PLEASE tell me that this ^^is a joke.

PLEASE.

You were raised "Catholic" by an atheist mother. Your Grandmother was a Catholic/pagan. WTF?????

((SASSY RUBS HER EYES IN HOPE THAT SHE MISREAD))
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#315206 Nov 9, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a Catholic/Pagan ? Some sort of hybrid religion you just made up ? You were raised by an atheist mother and pagan grandmother and you expect us to believe they raised you as a practicing Catholic ? What does your father's family have to do with this ? Did they raise you ?
You don't even know how you were raised yourself. You sound very much like a flaky airhead, with not a whole lot going on upstairs.
But you were right about God not forbidding judging.
That much I'll give you. But not much more.
""""You sound very much like a flaky airhead, with not a whole lot going on upstairs""" "

This girl is beyond help.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#315207 Nov 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
None of them raised me? You were there? Know the dynamics of my family?
Here's another thing to throw you in a tailspin... You can add nurse to Catholic/Pagan grandma. Guess that makes her, posthumously, my Catholic/Pagan/Nurse Grandma.
See what happens when the women aren't kept balled and chained to the stove? They can explore their curiosities and actually learn something from someone.
A Catholic/Pagan/Nurse Grandma.

Okay,now I KNOW you are busting on us.

Where's the hidden camera?

SAY CHEEEESSEEEE!
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315208 Nov 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, there are many changes which occur with birth. Physical, mental, legal and for many spiritual.
But, as I told ink, you know this already, as it's been pointed out many times.
None of that matters. The only thing that matters is that you think you can kill him as long as you haven't seen him.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#315209 Nov 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
None of them raised me? You were there? Know the dynamics of my family?
Here's another thing to throw you in a tailspin... You can add nurse to Catholic/Pagan grandma. Guess that makes her, posthumously, my Catholic/Pagan/Nurse Grandma.
See what happens when the women aren't kept balled and chained to the stove? They can explore their curiosities and actually learn something from someone.
""""" "See what happens when the women aren't kept balled and chained to the stove? They can explore their curiosities and actually learn something from someone""" """""

Yet ANOTHER anti-stay at home mother/housewife woman.

Because,after all-"see what happens when the women aren't kept balled and chained to the stove". They get to "explore their curiousitites and actually(YES FOLKS,SHE SAID THAT)learn something".

WOW!

just WOW!
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#315210 Nov 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, if someone is not exactly like them, they have to believe that something dreadful happened in their past to make them different (and wrong, in their eyes), and that they suffer for being "different".
You people (yes,YOU included even though you are married because you defend their posts)are clear on your views regarding stay at home moms/wives. You all support killing your own or anothers child/offspring in the womb a choice.

You're not "different",you're insane,demonic and a bunch of nuts.

Oh,did I forget anti-life,and anti-women?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315211 Nov 9, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> "Change" in that existing humans life has nothing to do with what was being discussed.We are talking about birth. Birth only changes the location OF that humans life.
Changes of all sorts begin at conception,and end at the death of that humans life. But,YOU knew that.
Again, you are wrong. Location is not the only thing birth changes. There are many changes, as has been pointed out to you time and time again.

Your denial will not cause the facts the change, much as you would like it to.
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315212 Nov 9, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Birth only changes the location OF that humans life.
A successful live birth does much more (all of which has been listed here time and time again) than "change the location OF that humans life." But all that's probably irrelevant to you, too.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#315213 Nov 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
David27's comprehension skills are a bit lacking. S/he thinks I was talking about who raised me and has mistakenly believed my maternal grandmother solely raised me. Why should I bother to correct him/her? Anyone can go back and see I was responding to a post asking if I raised by Atheists and "godless" people since my posts display I'm such a soulless person...
Why should I waste any time on that BS crap? I filled 'em in, you've filled 'em in, others have put in their 2 cents... what more needs to be said? My initial post was self-explanatory... and still David27 didn't get it. S/he is beyond confused, imo.
Katie honey? your post said as follows "I was raised Catholic by an atheist mother and a Catholic/pagan Grandmother"

You then went on to mention your fathers family was......

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315214 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that matters. The only thing that matters is that you think you can kill him as long as you haven't seen him.
Him, who?

And when did I EVER say anything about "seeing" an embryo/or fetus being part of any criteria?

Why must you lie so much?

Yes, we know facts don't matter to you. But they do to normal people.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#315215 Nov 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are wrong. Location is not the only thing birth changes. There are many changes, as has been pointed out to you time and time again.
Your denial will not cause the facts the change, much as you would like it to.
Yo Ditzy girl,......we are discussing the fact that a human EXISTS and IS DEVELOPING. Birth brings on a change in LOCATION only in regards to that fact.

Changes occur from day one and continue on through that EXISTING humans life.

Try again.....

NEXT....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 42 min Cheech the Conser... 1,481,956
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 7 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 10,776
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Trojan 32,716
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) 13 hr Sue 286
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Jan 17 Go Blue Forever 75
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jan 17 louis 19
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jan 15 RiccardoFire 201,891
More from around the web