Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311487 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

StopTheMadness

South Kent, CT

#315169 Nov 9, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it pointless to debate anything with an obtuse and totally irrational fundie who can't remember what they from one day to the next.
Ink the Stink is as stupid as they come. Typical brain dead Christard.
StopTheMadness

South Kent, CT

#315170 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"Thou shalt not think"
You follow that one to the letter!!
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315171 Nov 9, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
How about I think you're being obtuse when it comes to the phrase you wrote and Morgana quoted. We'll just leave it at and your integrity in tatters.
You do realize when the farming community was hit with the Dust Bowl and higher taxes, it forced a lot of women to work outside the home, right? You do know the history of the USA prior to WWII, don't you?
We've had many conversations in the past drawing on your ideal of the 1950s and how you'd like to see a return to the "ideal family". This family dynamic wasn't so ideal for everyone, though. Yet you continue to believe it would be the perfect fit for every single woman in the country regardless of her personal circumstances. And you have a similar outlook to induced abortion for unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies. Criminalize them all regardless of personal circumstances.
I don't think it's a healthy outlook, personally. I think it's very selfish, projects your own feelings onto total strangers, and makes you a hypocrite because you survived your childhood to become a "very strong capable individual" yet want to deny women the opportunity to work outside the home while raising kids.
Why can you stand to have another point of view presented. Of course only your opinion counts when it comes to your life.

Is it a threat to you to read a differing view? It certainly isn't to me. You have visions and fears of people tearing down your rights and and forcing you into servitude. Defensive and on guard all the time. Don't women have everything they ever wanted now. What's the problem and the reason for the irrrationality?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315172 Nov 9, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it pointless to debate anything with an obtuse and totally irrational fundie who can't remember what they from one day to the next.
No problem.
StopTheMadness

South Kent, CT

#315173 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just bitter because no man ever found me desirable or sexy and I was just too frigid anyway. So I'm just a miserable, dried up old crone now. My husband wouldn't mount me if you paid him a million dollars!
At least you're honest!
StopTheMadness

South Kent, CT

#315174 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I dream every night that jesus is going down on me!
Superfreak!!!
StopTheMadness

South Kent, CT

#315175 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can you stand to have another point of view presented. Of course only your opinion counts when it comes to your life.
Is it a threat to you to read a differing view? It certainly isn't to me. You have visions and fears of people tearing down your rights and and forcing you into servitude. Defensive and on guard all the time. Don't women have everything they ever wanted now. What's the problem and the reason for the irrrationality?
You farkkin hypocrite!! YOU are the one who pees your depends whenever someone disagrees with your fawkin opinion! You think you're always right you arrogant cow!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315176 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So it was murder before RvW. It was illegal killing back then. I guess God hasn't caught up with RvW. Where is the reason in killing the unborn baby at 20 weeks illegal and thekilling of the unborn baby at 19 weeks and six days legal?
No, it's never been considered murder, just an illegal medical procedure.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#315177 Nov 9, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great. Did you know many believe that brown cows give chocolate milk?
What is a Catholic/pagan?
Ask a born-again Christian, hon. I'm not one of them.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315178 Nov 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's never been considered murder, just an illegal medical procedure.
That seems like an insufficient discription. What else would be an illegal medical procedure?

Killing a child at any age while still in the womb is "just" a medical procedure. And you don't think of yourself as pro abort.
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315179 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Of course I welcome differing views. It's why I ask you questions. It's what I've been recommending to you, to accept differing views -- but you keep shooting these down and choosing to believe others or I am miserable or a victim or whatever you claim from one day to the next.

What's the problem? How about 100 laws focused on women's reproductive rights, but nothing for jobs jobs jobs? What's the reason for the irrationality? I'd say the Conservative GOP, specifically the Tea Party, and their push to have all American citizens believe and worship the Republican Jesus.
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315180 Nov 9, 2013
StopTheMadness wrote:
<quoted text>
You farkkin hypocrite!! YOU are the one who pees your depends whenever someone disagrees with your fawkin opinion! You think you're always right you arrogant cow!
It was another example of Ink's hypocrisy. She don't see it, though.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315181 Nov 9, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Of course I welcome differing views. It's why I ask you questions. It's what I've been recommending to you, to accept differing views -- but you keep shooting these down and choosing to believe others or I am miserable or a victim or whatever you claim from one day to the next.
What's the problem? How about 100 laws focused on women's reproductive rights, but nothing for jobs jobs jobs? What's the reason for the irrationality? I'd say the Conservative GOP, specifically the Tea Party, and their push to have all American citizens believe and worship the Republican Jesus.
You don't welcome other opinions. I can agree with every decision you have made for your life. You do complain a lot though so it seems you are not content with the state of things.

Can't you see that what you call 'women's reproductive rights' is what others call killing unborn babies and some people think they need to try and stop the killing at least after a certain point.

And yes, it is irrational to think that republicans are trying to make you worship Jesus.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315182 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That seems like an insufficient discription. What else would be an illegal medical procedure?
Killing a child at any age while still in the womb is "just" a medical procedure. And you don't think of yourself as pro abort.
I don't consider myself one, because I'm not one, and you misstating my position doesn't mean otherwise.
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315183 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't welcome other opinions. I can agree with every decision you have made for your life. You do complain a lot though so it seems you are not content with the state of things.
If I didn't welcome others' opinions, I would not try to engage others in conversation. I would not try to understand others' perspectives or experiences even though I lack the same experience or circumstances. If I didn't welcome others' opinions, I would be just like you. Do you think I'm just like you?
Can't you see that what you call 'women's reproductive rights' is what others call killing unborn babies and some people think they need to try and stop the killing at least after a certain point.
And yes, it is irrational to think that republicans are trying to make you worship Jesus.
Can't you see "women's reproductive rights" includes more than induced abortion? When I say "reproductive rights" I am talking about the whole shebang, not just induced abortion or what you insist on wrongly calling, "killing unborn babies".

Induced abortion ends unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy by the removal of an embryo/fetus. Most of these take place at 8wks gestation. Your insistence this is equivalent to infanticide shows me you would rather believe in a false premise than reality.

But then I remember you're the one who recently claimed that your blind faith and opinions were facts and our scientific, medical, legal facts merely opinions.

How you got "Republicans trying to make you worship Jesus" from what I posted is clearly beyond me. So there's no response.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#315184 Nov 9, 2013
"sassyjm" brayed
There are many reasons that people come to the conclusion that there is no God.

I guess being smart enough to know that you don't need an imaginary fried would be the top reason
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315185 Nov 9, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
If I didn't welcome others' opinions, I would not try to engage others in conversation. I would not try to understand others' perspectives or experiences even though I lack the same experience or circumstances. If I didn't welcome others' opinions, I would be just like you. Do you think I'm just like you?
<quoted text>
Can't you see "women's reproductive rights" includes more than induced abortion? When I say "reproductive rights" I am talking about the whole shebang, not just induced abortion or what you insist on wrongly calling, "killing unborn babies".
Induced abortion ends unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy by the removal of an embryo/fetus. Most of these take place at 8wks gestation. Your insistence this is equivalent to infanticide shows me you would rather believe in a false premise than reality.
But then I remember you're the one who recently claimed that your blind faith and opinions were facts and our scientific, medical, legal facts merely opinions.
How you got "Republicans trying to make you worship Jesus" from what I posted is clearly beyond me. So there's no response.
No you wouldn't be like me anymore than I could be like you.

To be honest the only woman's right in question is abortion which does mean the intentional killing of an unwanted fetus, which looks like a baby. After five weeks we know if it is a son or a daughter. I think the reality of the act is clear.

I don't think I ever claimed to have 'blind faith but I do believe in God and that doesn't contradict science.

I will go back and read your comment about Jesus.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315186 Nov 9, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>How you got "Republicans trying to make you worship Jesus" from what I posted is clearly beyond me. So there's no response.
You said:

I'd say the Conservative GOP, specifically the Tea Party, and their push to have all American citizens believe and worship the Republican Jesus.

Care to explain what you meant?
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315187 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You said:
I'd say the Conservative GOP, specifically the Tea Party, and their push to have all American citizens believe and worship the Republican Jesus.
Care to explain what you meant?
The push behind the hundred or so laws aimed at reducing/removing women's reproductive rights comes from a few different sources/resources. You would need to reference Republican Jesus and know this is the antithesis of Jesus to get what I said. Then you'd have to research the Tea Party and the Koch brothers since they're the money behind the Tea Party to get what I said. Oh, and of course have a good understanding of what the PLM is and why it was created.

Since NAP has already posted a link on the Republican Jesus and others have posted links on the Tea Party and the Koch brothers, I figured you'd had the opportunity to read about it and understand it. I also figured you had a good understanding of the PLM and its push behind all these new laws which also include trying to deny birth control by shutting down Planned Parenthood. Since you're so open to others' opinions and all.

Guess not, eh?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315188 Nov 9, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The push behind the hundred or so laws aimed at reducing/removing women's reproductive rights comes from a few different sources/resources. You would need to reference Republican Jesus and know this is the antithesis of Jesus to get what I said. Then you'd have to research the Tea Party and the Koch brothers since they're the money behind the Tea Party to get what I said. Oh, and of course have a good understanding of what the PLM is and why it was created.
Since NAP has already posted a link on the Republican Jesus and others have posted links on the Tea Party and the Koch brothers, I figured you'd had the opportunity to read about it and understand it. I also figured you had a good understanding of the PLM and its push behind all these new laws which also include trying to deny birth control by shutting down Planned Parenthood. Since you're so open to others' opinions and all.
Guess not, eh?
Sorry don't know anything about a republican Jesus. Sounds silly to me.

I thought Obamacare was going to take care of all women's health problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min ChristineM 255,941
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Into The Night 9,988
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Yeah 1,403,354
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Trojan 32,307
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 22 Frankie Rizzo 201,877
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web