Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316369 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315136 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not what you say but how you say it. A couple of you sound like you see yourselves as victims and blame men and being tied down with children. Morgana told us about her mother who was a victim of her husband and the times. She was angry for her mother. The anger comes through the posts.
Ah, so first it was all of us, then it was just a couple, and now it's just one? And yet you used one person (who did not sound at all man/child hating to me) to try to say something about ALL of us, thus proving my point that you people MUST believe that something terrible happened to us to make us so "wrong".

Again, thank you, for proving me right.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#315137 Nov 9, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
"You folks" ? Who are you folks ? I've never said what I was.
The issue was the woman's grandmother whom she classified as Catholic/pagan.
Let's not change the issue to your idea about what Catholics might believe or worship. Let's stick with the basic definitions of each....
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/basic-b...
http://www.wordcentral.com/cgi-bin/student...
Given this, please explain what a Catholic/pagan is.
Frankly, I figured you for a Catholic/Pagan. Far as I'm concerned the only difference between the two, is the arrogance on the part of Catholics, thinking they're 'better' than pagans, or that their 'saints' are more holy than Pagan gods.

It's all a bunch of claptrap, since there are4 no 'gods'. Just people, arrogantly assuming there's a way to avoid death, and hoping against hope for an 'afterlife'....sad, really.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315138 Nov 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you're deflecting. You, yourself, included me. As I said before, when you respond TO me with the words "not one of you have...", that was you including me, and I can only answer for myself, right?
Stop making a fool of yourself.
Sorry I looked back and it was your post I responded to but I didn't mean to include you as my conversations about this subject weren't with you. You just popped up and I didn't pay attention to the poster.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315139 Nov 9, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you refrain from comment I will take it as I am right and you have nothing to add or subtract.
You got it. LOL I have nothing to add.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#315140 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you have it both ways the Bible was written for a time and place. Some of the customs and way of life don't work now.
Yeah....like...all of em.

By the way, where in the Bible is abortion mentioned...specifically? Old Testament, New Testament, index, where?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#315141 Nov 9, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> Many born-again Christians believe that Catholics and Orthodox Christians are more pagan than Christian.
That's great. Did you know many believe that brown cows give chocolate milk?

What is a Catholic/pagan?
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315142 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not what you say but how you say it. A couple of you sound like you see yourselves as victims and blame men and being tied down with children. Morgana told us about her mother who was a victim of her husband and the times. She was angry for her mother. The anger comes through the posts.
OMG! As if you don't see yourself as a victim of working parents and babysitters. I saw your exchange with Morgana. You wanted a stay-at-home mom like she had, but you got a working mom. You said it was all in perspective. It is. So leave it at that. I grew up in a huge family where the women on my mother's side worked. All of 'em. Most as nurses. They were happy and content. I was happy and content. I learned a lot from the various people I stayed with while my parents worked. I learned a lot roaming hospital halls and patients' rooms, too. Couldn't do that these days, though.

Be happy with what you have/had, not miserable for what you didn't have/had.

Most of all, stop projecting and being a flaming hypocrite.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#315143 Nov 9, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, NAP! You're forgetting Mother Mary. Remember her? The most exalted of virgins!
Ooopsie.
You're absolutely right. I left her out.
I knew there was something I was forgetting....

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315145 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I looked back and it was your post I responded to but I didn't mean to include you as my conversations about this subject weren't with you. You just popped up and I didn't pay attention to the poster.
LOL, sure, Witless.

Better get that lying virus treated.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315146 Nov 9, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah....like...all of em.
By the way, where in the Bible is abortion mentioned...specifically? Old Testament, New Testament, index, where?
"Thou shalt not murder"

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#315147 Nov 9, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the first post *was* the issue. The responding post was nothing but a distraction. One with which you, apparently, want to run.
A distraction maybe. But a distraction you saw fit to respond to.
And in the course of that response you made a statement you have yet to explain....
It is duly noted nobody has answered my question of what's in it for them to criminalize abortion. Why don't you go first even though the post wasn't directed to you?
After you tell me what a Catholic/pagan is.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315148 Nov 9, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! As if you don't see yourself as a victim of working parents and babysitters. I saw your exchange with Morgana. You wanted a stay-at-home mom like she had, but you got a working mom. You said it was all in perspective. It is. So leave it at that. I grew up in a huge family where the women on my mother's side worked. All of 'em. Most as nurses. They were happy and content. I was happy and content. I learned a lot from the various people I stayed with while my parents worked. I learned a lot roaming hospital halls and patients' rooms, too. Couldn't do that these days, though.
Be happy with what you have/had, not miserable for what you didn't have/had.
Most of all, stop projecting and being a flaming hypocrite.
I don't see myself as a victim at all. I see myself as a very strong capable individual.

You don't seem like a happy person or you wouldn't be calling me names.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315149 Nov 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, sure, Witless.
Better get that lying virus treated.
Just to make you happy so that you won't feel left out I will intentionally include you. There, feel better?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#315150 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
First things first:

You bitterly resent having words put in your mouth, and yet you do it yourself to others with a consistency that proves the 'hobgoblin of little minds' rule. Those of us who see religion as a straitjacket, REFUSE to be victims of it. Apparently, that bothers you to no end, and you simply MUST assign the 'victim of past experience' role to pro-choice women, in order to explain our stance to yourself.

Quit it.

And secondly, OF COURSE WE ARE ANGRY about religionists attempting to slam women back into the dark ages, by compelling us to be enslaved to our reproductive function by law. Even if they are ultimately unsuccessful, the very fact that they have had such a large influence on our legal system is appalling....and you're damn right I'm friggin' ANGRY about that. Why wouldn't I be?

Women get angry. We also belch, fart, and sneeze. And sometimes, we have abortions.

Get over it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#315151 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"Thou shalt not murder"
Murder is illegal killing. Abortion is not.

And I said 'specifically'....obviously you've run up against a stone wall here, since it's never once mentioned.

The Bible makes mention of 'murder' many times....mostly God's COMMANDS to do so, in furtherance of His will. It's pretty clear on what murder is: Cain murdered Abel, for just one example.

It never says ONE WORD about 'abortion'.

Not one.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315152 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to make you happy so that you won't feel left out I will intentionally include you. There, feel better?
LOL, you already had, and you lied.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#315153 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you have it both ways the Bible was written for a time and place. Some of the customs and way of life don't work now.
What religious person that you know does sacrificial killing of lambs now. Maybe every sentence does matter but it has to be put into context. Catholic priests quoting from the old testament usually are about God's relationship with the children of Israel not about bringing old Jewish customs into 21st century life.
Granted. Sounds like you might be a cherry picker. You'll accept what works now (for you) and dismiss what you consider abhorrent or antiquated.

How do you feel eating/drinking the body/blood of Jesus?
katie

Spanaway, WA

#315154 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see myself as a victim at all. I see myself as a very strong capable individual.
You don't seem like a happy person or you wouldn't be calling me names.
You're so happy you want all mothers to be at home rather than working so their kids are not with babysitters -- or as you claim, being raised by someone else. You're so happy, but you want to project your "happiness" on strangers you don't even know because your mom worked and you had babysitters??

I'm not name-calling. You *are* projecting.

Here's another example. Your daughter miscarried, so you want abortion criminalized because you mistakenly equate an embryo/fetus with a newborn. That again shows how you project your feelings onto others.

Another example, you sit there and tell others how happy you are and how miserable they must be, but you post about your own misery and forget you've done so. That makes you a hypocrite.

No name-calling here. If you don't like the labels, do something internal to change your posting behaviors.

And when are you going to tell JM she said *your* quoted words were incorrect when she thought Morgana had said it? Another example of your hypocrisy.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315155 Nov 9, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>First things first:
You bitterly resent having words put in your mouth, and yet you do it yourself to others with a consistency that proves the 'hobgoblin of little minds' rule. Those of us who see religion as a straitjacket, REFUSE to be victims of it. Apparently, that bothers you to no end, and you simply MUST assign the 'victim of past experience' role to pro-choice women, in order to explain our stance to yourself.
Quit it.
And secondly, OF COURSE WE ARE ANGRY about religionists attempting to slam women back into the dark ages, by compelling us to be enslaved to our reproductive function by law. Even if they are ultimately unsuccessful, the very fact that they have had such a large influence on our legal system is appalling....and you're damn right I'm friggin' ANGRY about that. Why wouldn't I be?
Women get angry. We also belch, fart, and sneeze. And sometimes, we have abortions.
Get over it.
To your first comment
Religion is a straightjacket and you refuse to be a victim.

Who is trying to do that to you? I wouldn't want to be a victim of religion either and I am not even though I believe in God.

To your second point.

You are angry because some people don't think it is right to kill unborn babies.

Remember when you guys were suing and protesting for the right to kill unborn babies and you won, we had to suck it up. Now the shoe is on the other foot and more and more Americans don't think unfettered access to abortion is a good thing. It is an ever changing world.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#315156 Nov 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I believe that women who sleep around should be super concious of using birth control or have their tubes tied and never 'pay the piper'.
The people that you are talking about like me think that whether you sleep around or not you shouldn't kill your own unborn baby.
On average, women in their lifetime, have fewer sex partners than men. Would you recommend that men get snipped if they enjoy variety?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,583,543
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 47 min Truth_hurts01 33,705
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Aug 14 Into The Night 11,335
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Jul 27 Aerobatty 258,484
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul '17 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul '17 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web