Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
294,721 - 294,740 of 305,378 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
Whoa...looks like I hit a nerve.
Now I know I was right. You need single/childless women to seem miserable so you can feel superior.
That's the impression I get from both Inky's and Sassy's posts as well. They really don't like it when their faith-based "all women were meant for marriage/motherhood" dogma is challenged, especially by women who enjoy being single and who have no children BY CHOICE.

So they have to say that single/childfree (the term for no kids by choice) women are "angry, bitter, lonely," etc. when such is usually NOT the case at all.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> God made man(ALL of us)in his image and likeness. He made males first and then took a rib out of man and made a female. females were not "from man" like you thought.
I wonder if you think that God favored women by allowing only THEM to have their offspring created in their body,carry/bond while gestating that child and then having breasts to feed that baby. In other words,the mother/child bond is tight.
I suppose not,because then you wouldn't have an opportunity to feel second class.
LOL, and you really believe this huh?
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> God made man(ALL of us)in his image and likeness. He made males first and then took a rib out of man and made a female. females were not "from man" like you thought.
That is just sad.

No I don't wonder, I already know that your god considered pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood a curse., along with the pecking order that he cannot resist and you deny. This hardly sounds like "favor".

Genesis 3:16

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

I think It is comical how you believers fall all over yourself to sweeten and twist the words of your male misogynistic god. But hey, you have a right to believe whatever nonsense you choose. Don't let me stop you.

I wonder
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Morgana 9 wrote:
LOL, and you really believe this huh?
I have no doubt sASSY and Inky really do believe this backward nonsense. It truly boggles the mind what religious brainwashing, usually done from early childhood onward, can do to women. I'm just glad I spared myself from that insanity by rejecting all of it a couple of decades ago.
VoteVets Org

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
In the 70`s, the RCC wasn`t actively political and wasn`t trying to interfere with women's medical decisions. They weren't fighting gay rights and even recognized a gay liaison group, Dignity. There was no hypocrisy involved; I went there for classes in the arts. The scholarship I got was specific to that college; they received the money regardless of who won it.
In the 70`s the cover-up was IN EFFECT, a-hole. Were you shot in the head or something?
<quoted text>
After 1973 and RvW the Catholic church was most definitely politically active in the anti-abortion movement. And that was well before you would have begun attending college ( you forget you've posted your age here ). The scholaship money the college received was in your name. That was the point.
It was the same institution you despise today. The fact that the administration of the specific school you attended did not voice the current church position did not alter the fact that money in your name was going to the church, and you were receiving and benefitting from an education received from an institution you despised.

Hypocrisy epitomized.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
She only mentioned one grandmother when she spoke about who raised her. She specifically said she was raised by an atheist mother and catholic/pagan grandmother. Whatever the heck THAT is. Catholic/pagan?
Since most catholic rituals and holidays have pagan roots, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Since most catholic rituals and holidays have pagan roots, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch.
Exactly right.

There are many Evangelicals who consider Catholics to be Pagans, anyway, in case these people have forgotten,

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the impression I get from both Inky's and Sassy's posts as well. They really don't like it when their faith-based "all women were meant for marriage/motherhood" dogma is challenged, especially by women who enjoy being single and who have no children BY CHOICE.
So they have to say that single/childfree (the term for no kids by choice) women are "angry, bitter, lonely," etc. when such is usually NOT the case at all.
Of course, if someone is not exactly like them, they have to believe that something dreadful happened in their past to make them different (and wrong, in their eyes), and that they suffer for being "different".
VoteVets Org

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Medical risks are a real issue. I think a doctor should refuse to do a procedure if the results could be much more dangerous than NOT doing it.
Of course he should. But that's not what you said. You said you agreed with restrictions because the risk of abortion at that point was roughly the same as normal chilbirth. Your scenario did NOT involve a physician facing the choice of performing a procedure more dangerous than NOT doing it. Moreover, your subsequent statement about not minding if all restrictions were removed indicates that your supposed concern over a physician's dilemma over medical risk was an outright sham.
You favor a woman's right to personal risk assessment and the right to choose to abort at ANY time. You've said so.
So there is absolutely no reason for you to agree with any restrictions for ANY reason. A woman at any time would always have the choice to not abort given her assessment of the risks involved.

You're a phony. And you facked ap. And you're STILL squirming to avoid admitting it.
Your definition of clairvoyance involves knowledge unknown to others, but the original post referred to knowing what other people know. Not the same thing, moron.
<quoted text>
Sorry, stupid. You were wrong. The definition of clairvoyance I provided indicates it is a form of extrasensory perception or the the alleged power of perceiving things ( past, present or future ) beyond the natural range of the senses. That would defintely include the ability to perceive what the other poster was thinking.
Your attempt to define it as ONLY the ability to see things that are currently happening at another location, was laughably incorrect.
Jose

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

"If you like your healthcare plan, you'll be able to keep your healthcare plan, period," Obama said in a 2009 speech to the American Medical Association. "No one will take it away, no matter what."

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
She only mentioned one grandmother when she spoke about who raised her. She specifically said she was raised by an atheist mother and catholic/pagan grandmother. Whatever the heck THAT is. Catholic/pagan?
Since Catholicism borrowed all of its pageantry, saint-worship, and rote chanting, from the pagans it was trying to eradicate, when the Catholics gave up and decided to try converting the pagans instead...there really isn't a whopping lot of difference in execution of the Catholic ceremony from pagan ones.

Perhaps that's where you became confused.
el cid 777

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Hi! I promised I would blog on Fridays. Here goes.
As you may know, I am interested in space aliens
and when the world will end...Well one of the space
alien web sites said: "The world will end in
September 2013"! Why I did not end, I do not know.
What the Christian Bible say is: "No one knows the
da or hour but God"! I am not God, But I say to you
that the world could end on any day, so you are
forewarned. Anyway, the world will end for all of us when we die! An example...In my hometown, which is NOT Scranton, Penna, An 18 year old girl was
killed in her car while she was driving! She hit a
pole! Some alien web sites you can get on are...In
the top browser line of your computer, type in these words or letters....alaje777....sirian
messages...pleiadian messages and click on "enter"....BELIEVE.. .
Love, el cid 777
el cid 777

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Hi! I am continuing my message for November 8th,
2013...I am only able to get to a computer on
Fridays. I got on the "sirian messages" web sites,
but I did find their words interesting. I hope you find my words interesting. On one of the alien web sites I got on there was a message from Mary
Magdallen (Jesus` girl friend)...She says not to
believe in the Christian Bible, because they leave Mary Magdallen out of The Gospel! She says: "Jesus and Mary Magdallen were married and had children and the Catholic Church at the Council of
Trent, removed that fact from The Bible!"
Now, Mary Magdallen is a Roman Catholic saint and is in Heaven...Angels have access to computers and
can get on line and their messages get posted!
Example...If I can get on-line and get posted; so
can an angel from Heaven get on-line and posted!
I, also, had my own web-site, but I could not afford to have one, so I quit my server company
and they took my web-site off line! Therefore,
money rules! There is a message on my computer that
says: "There are 109 users viewing the New York
forum right now!" So, I am not speaking to only
one person, but 109 people! I must sign off for
now...Love, el cid 777
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If I want and what kind of health insurance I need.
Then it would be wrong for the government to take away your right to have an abortion?
Gtown71

Flint, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

<quoted text>
So God is like....Amazon??
Well, I can now see God, in many many things, and perhaps it was a bad example, but my point is, when a person has been saved "born agaim", that person just KNOWS it, and will Never ever forget it. They may not be able to say 4:30 am on fri - Jan 15,1985, but they will Never forget that it took place.

It's a hard thing for anyone to explain, since the wind blows where it wills -you don't know where it's going, or where it's been, but you do Know that it touched you, as it came by.

Ps - it has Nothing to do with conforming, in order to be accepted, as katie suggest. No one can conform without God's power, and that's the entire reason He came and died for us.

He wants us just like we are (warts and all)

He does the conforming.:)
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

<quoted text>
Yeah, so much for unconditional love.
Gtown's Freudian slip, probably. Every time he wrote "conformation" in his post, he really meant confirmation -- as in confirming an order. It was too good to pass up! LOL
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I can now see God, in many many things, and perhaps it was a bad example, but my point is, when a person has been saved "born agaim", that person just KNOWS it, and will Never ever forget it. They may not be able to say 4:30 am on fri - Jan 15,1985, but they will Never forget that it took place.
It's a hard thing for anyone to explain, since the wind blows where it wills -you don't know where it's going, or where it's been, but you do Know that it touched you, as it came by.
Ps - it has Nothing to do with conforming, in order to be accepted, as katie suggest. No one can conform without God's power, and that's the entire reason He came and died for us.
He wants us just like we are (warts and all)
He does the conforming.:)
So God "conforms"?

He doesn't confirm?

<still smirking over here>
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
So believing in a misogynistic male hierarchy religion changes what she said?
"""Prior to birth, the embryo/fetus is developing in suspended animation. What's in it for you to criminalize abortion when the embryo/fetus is neither a citizen nor included as part of the species of homo sapiens sapiens?""
In others words brainwashing helps you see things from a male hierarchy perspective?
To those of us who do not believe in mythology you apparently think babbling nonsense like this will scare us into your beliefs?
<quoted text>
You are an idiot....certifiable.
Catholicism is nothing but a fear-based ritual designed to keep the masses in line while those in authority steal land and wealth from those who believe differently. And using those fear-based rituals to steal the very lives of those who believe differently. There is nothing loving about it at all. And those who insist it is the one true religion have no clue beyond their spoon fed dogma. jmo

Besides, a loving God wouldn't need fear to keep its worshippers in line. Just like a loving parent doesn't need to use fear as a manipulative tool to keep their kids in line. Now a days we call that mental abuse.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Since Catholicism borrowed all of its pageantry, saint-worship, and rote chanting, from the pagans it was trying to eradicate, when the Catholics gave up and decided to try converting the pagans instead...there really isn't a whopping lot of difference in execution of the Catholic ceremony from pagan ones.
Perhaps that's where you became confused.
David27's comprehension skills are a bit lacking. S/he thinks I was talking about who raised me and has mistakenly believed my maternal grandmother solely raised me. Why should I bother to correct him/her? Anyone can go back and see I was responding to a post asking if I raised by Atheists and "godless" people since my posts display I'm such a soulless person...

Why should I waste any time on that BS crap? I filled 'em in, you've filled 'em in, others have put in their 2 cents... what more needs to be said? My initial post was self-explanatory... and still David27 didn't get it. S/he is beyond confused, imo.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly right.
There are many Evangelicals who consider Catholics to be Pagans, anyway, in case these people have forgotten,
Maybe they're ashamed... since they spend so much time trying to be "better than" and "separate from" all the other religions before it.

Good to see you, Bitner!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they're ashamed... since they spend so much time trying to be "better than" and "separate from" all the other religions before it.
Good to see you, Bitner!
Good to see you, too :)

I've been very busy the last couple of weeks!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Aphelion 1,095,265
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Aura Mytha 225,569
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 26,954
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 21 hr RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••