Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 309,190
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#314995 Nov 7, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Au contraire mon ami! Knock yourself out buggin out about your "views" of "gods,religions,and churches..and being church-FREE".
ALL I asked is that you stop misquoting or flat out lying about what my religion or God is about. Your opinion is twisted. But,of course,it is yours and you are entitled to it.
Aren't you funny! You misquoted Morgana on the prior page by attributing Ink's quoted words to Morgana (about Ink claiming men came from God, women from men). I know, I know... it's "different" when you do it. Right?

Riiight! LOLOL
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314996 Nov 7, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Your imagination is not reality.
Dream on.
Really, what's your read?
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#314997 Nov 7, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
What a nut you are.
Don't want to marry,don't.
Don't want to have kids,don't.
I will though,fight you on your methods to rid yourself of your already existing,developing child.
You are married but don't want to be? Leave.
You have a child(ren) but don't want to mother them? Leave.
How is an embryo or fetus an "existing,developing child"? These are not United States citizens. These are not even part of the species of homo sapiens yet. Not until birth. Birth is the magic wand, JM. Why are you trying to change it? What's in it for you?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314998 Nov 7, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you funny! You misquoted Morgana on the prior page by attributing Ink's quoted words to Morgana (about Ink claiming men came from God, women from men). I know, I know... it's "different" when you do it. Right?
Riiight! LOLOL
Morgana posted words from the Bible. She didn't finish the verse to make it look different than the real meaning.
Gtown71

United States

#314999 Nov 7, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Ya know,I am not convinced that people who go around harrassing or killing are doing Gods work or even think that they are. No more or less than those who claimed to cause 911 did in the name of their religion.
Certainly not of our creator. Perhaps their God was a creation of God,but certainly they aren't authentic or "of God".
BY THE FRUITS YOU WILL KNOW THEM.
""""" He may, like many today, have known a lot of scripture, but really changed when he met the Arthur""""
Satan quotes scriptures and he,as we all know,is not of God. Which proves my point :)
No doubt the only god paul was working for, was the god of this world satan. All the while he "thought" he was doing the work of the only true God.

Many many today fill the pulpits, and church pew that are doing the same thing. They may not be as extreme as paul was, but they are still working for satan, while thinking they are working for God.

If God came back and pulled all of His children out on a Sun morning around 11 am, there would be many many "churches "full of people left behind, and never missing a word of singing amazing grace :(
Gtown71

United States

#315000 Nov 7, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is indeed the operative word.
No doubt faith is very important to God, for without it, it's impossible to please Him.

One must have faith, to receive God's Grace, BUT kinda like when you order an item off of the internet, and you have faith all will be well, and you will receive your item on time, money be right, etc... the one you order from will send you a conformation that they received your request.

God always gives those who have "truly" accepted Him a conformation in His own Way :)
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315001 Nov 7, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
How is an embryo or fetus an "existing,developing child"? These are not United States citizens. These are not even part of the species of homo sapiens yet. Not until birth. Birth is the magic wand, JM. Why are you trying to change it? What's in it for you?
Birth only changes the child's location.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#315002 Nov 7, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
<quoted text>
Now your asking me to get into the head of someone who lacks any semblance of interpretive skills and tell you why they can't interpret something so simple and direct.
"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." John 7:24
Interpret the above. Is he forbidding you to judge ? Or is he providing guidance on how you SHOULD judge ?
I honestly don't care. I just know you can't interpret the Bible any more accurately than anyone else.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#315003 Nov 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Morgana posted words from the Bible. She didn't finish the verse to make it look different than the real meaning.
Morgana quoted your words, Ink. Here're the posts. Everyone can review ...and... add lying to your posting traits. Like FFJ asked, how can you post one thing one day and the next forget what you've already said?

==========
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What purpoe does eating turkey on Thanksgiving serve? It is tradition and men taking their hats off in church and women covering their heads is tradition and culture.
Aside from that he says that women and men are not independent from each other. He says that man comes from God and woman from man and yet man comes from woman by birth. Read more than just the parts that irritate you.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what the book says and you can try to sweeten it all you like. But the bottom line is...as you said
"He says that man comes from God and woman from man", nothing degrading about that right Ink? Think about it Ink, she is lower on the totem pole. A child could figure that out.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you believe that the first person on earth was a man, then it is accurate not demeaning. The verse speaks in a circle woman comes from man and man comes from woman. That makes them equal to me.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#315004 Nov 7, 2013
Btw, Ink? Circular logic is still illogical. So the whole thing of man coming from God, woman from man, man from woman through birth is nothing but an illogical explanation for a social hierarchy changing from matriarchy to patriarchy.

Women always knew they were the mothers of their children. Men, not so much. A patriarchal society demands women be subservient or the men are free to leave.

Look at the social ills in the present day, the ones you blame on legal abortion. To me it seems to the "unintended consequence" of a patriarchal society.

Chew on that for a bit and let me know if you have a thought or two about it.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#315005 Nov 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Prior to birth, the embryo/fetus is developing in suspended animation. What's in it for you to criminalize abortion when the embryo/fetus is neither a citizen nor included as part of the species of homo sapiens sapiens?
Urcrazee

Danielson, CT

#315006 Nov 7, 2013
Poster Katie let me take a wild guess here -you grew up with Godless/atheist parents. Am I correct in this assumption????

You're an emotionally bankrupt individual. You are soul-less. You're the walking spiritually dead.

Good God!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#315007 Nov 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know but those were still the old Jewish laws and many don't apply to the 21st century. I have been eating pork and lobster all my life and I don't sacrifice lambs and goats. I also don't have to circumcise my sons.
So you pick and choose what rules you'll follow and which ones you feel are irrelevant.

And I'm going to assume everyone has that same right?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315008 Nov 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't. All women should be happy but don't assume that the women who enjoy being a wife and mother aren't happy. And don't demean their important life's choices.
If you think the single life is better, go for it but don't assume that is what everyone wants. I love having a husband and children to share my life with and your optimum life doesn't interest me.
"All women should be happy but don't assume that the women who enjoy being a wife and mother aren't happy."

I don't.

"And don't demean their important life's choices."

Then don't demean the choices other women make by claiming they're angry or bitter. Or in the case of some fundies, call them names like "feminazis" or claim they loathe their womanhood and hate men blah blah blah.

"If you think the single life is better, go for it but don't assume that is what everyone wants."

I never did...but don't you assume that marriage and motherhood is what every woman should want.

"...and your optimum life doesn't interest me."

And neither does yours interest me.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315009 Nov 7, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
What a nut you are.
I will though,fight you on your methods to rid yourself of your already existing,developing child.
Whoa...looks like I hit a nerve.

Now I know I was right. You need single/childless women to seem miserable so you can feel superior.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315010 Nov 7, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
What a nut you are.
LMAO!!! And then Ink goes and proves me right...

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is so weird. I am getting the picture of them where they have this great single life with tons of sexual freedom and no obligations to anyone and that looks like the perfect existance. I know people like that and they are desperate to fill their lives with 'good times' mostly so that they don't have to think about how lonely they are."

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315011 Nov 7, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt faith is very important to God, for without it, it's impossible to please Him.
One must have faith, to receive God's Grace, BUT kinda like when you order an item off of the internet, and you have faith all will be well, and you will receive your item on time, money be right, etc... the one you order from will send you a conformation that they received your request.
God always gives those who have "truly" accepted Him a conformation in His own Way :)
So God is like....Amazon??

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315012 Nov 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. There are also changes in anatomy and physiology, changes in consciousness, legal status, and for some spiritual changes.

But you knew that, as it's been pointed out many times here.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#315013 Nov 7, 2013
Urcrazee wrote:
Poster Katie let me take a wild guess here -you grew up with Godless/atheist parents. Am I correct in this assumption????
You're an emotionally bankrupt individual. You are soul-less. You're the walking spiritually dead.
Good God!
No, you're as incorrect as always. I was raised Catholic by an atheist Mother and Catholic/Pagan Grandmother. My father's family entirely Catholic. My sister was raised Catholic.

But then you grow up and you learn ... If I had to be boxed into any religion, I'd say Pagan. But I don't box myself in, that's what society's been trying to do since the early '70s when one of my teachers said I couldn't be a fireman because I'm a girl.

Good God almighty! Get your dramaself under control!!
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#315014 Nov 7, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
So God is like....Amazon??
Only when you conform...

<smirk>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min TSM 1,205,527
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 10 min RiccardoFire 201,750
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr ChristineM 236,716
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 7 hr kareeo 14
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr mike tirico 29,264
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Thu Patriot AKA Bozo 4,934
The night Adolph Rupp met Johnny Green Mar 18 alexreese447 1
More from around the web