Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
294,601 - 294,620 of 305,088 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
UNICEF collects money to help BORN children in catastrophic circumstances. I know anti-choicers don't give a damn About real, born kids, but they aren't out there performing abortions. Kids collecting for them neither know nor care about their abortion policy and the money tbey collect has nothing to do with it.
The propaganda put in the kids' bags, on the other hand, is directly usurping the parents' authority. Would you approve of me handing out slips saying "there is no god"?
<quoted text>
Of for crying out loud Peteyboy,what does whether the kid knows about their abortion policies or not have to do with the discussion OR point?

The point had to do with Elise coming on here to attempt to give the smackdown to prolifers for putting ANYTHING in kids Halloween bags that have to do with protecting life. UNICEF is not only a huge supporter of abortion but as you pointed out,to protect life in "catastrophic circumstances". SO,stop jumping Elises hypocritical band wagon.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't we just put candy in their bags and let them overindulge for one night a year like we did?
I agree.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting. By your own words, God exists only if one thinks he does. Like Santa Claus. Okay!
If you don't want to believe that God exists because you personally can't prove it(or the bible),then so be it. What's so hard to understand about that? Prove anyone from your history books,exist. Why do you take "some mans" writings on it?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Of for crying out loud Peteyboy,what does whether the kid knows about their abortion policies or not have to do with the discussion OR point?
The point had to do with Elise coming on here to attempt to give the smackdown to prolifers for putting ANYTHING in kids Halloween bags that have to do with protecting life. UNICEF is not only a huge supporter of abortion but as you pointed out,to protect life in "catastrophic circumstances". SO,stop jumping Elises hypocritical band wagon.
She, I noticed, doesn't want to talk about it anymore. Just like she doesn't want to talk about what she considers 'real and true'.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever makes you feel better, you go ahead and do or say. Sorry your feelings got hurt. Have a lovely evening, hon.
In all seriousness Elise,what is your problem? ALL that I asked you was why you have no problem with UNICEF using Halloween for their agenda like you did with what a woman did over in your neck of the woods(which you clearly posted for your agenda).
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's too bad we don't respect each other enough to have this conversation. It would be a good one. Sorry.
Ink asked in response to Elises statement that she only believes what is real and true "how do you know what's real and true?"

and THIS ^^^is your answer?

lol

Elise,ink has been very respectful towards all of you and you know that. Truth is,you don't want to admit (once again),that you don't have proof so,..you rely on either insults,name calling or responses like that one above.

OY VEY!
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...you did quite a thorough job bastardizing my entire post.
Put down the hatchet and try comprehending what I was actually saying.
p
Your post was crystal clear.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>We're no angrier than you...and we're not ashamed of BEING angry, either.
Although you SCPL certainly take it amiss that we dare to get angry...acting as if women aren't supposed to feel anger over our autonomy, our motives, and our right to defend ourselves against unwanted pregnancies, questioned...impugned...and chipped away bit by bit. Or about being more or less told that we aren't trusted to make the best choices for our individual circumstances, and the government's going to take over that role, regardless of our feelings about it.
If men were told they'd be required by law to impregnate someone every time they had sex, they'd be pretty frigging angry about it too.
Just sayin.
A humans life is deliberately killed via abortion. You don't have a right to kill your own child because they are unwanted.

""""" Or about being more or less told that we aren't trusted to make the best choices for our individual circumstances, and the government's going to take over that role, regardless of our feelings about it"""" """

And yet,....MOST proaborts are in favor of the gov't restricting abortion. SUDDENLY,the so called "pro-choicers" are anti-womans choices regarding her "BEST CHOICES FOR OUR INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCES".

Yoo hoo? what's wrong with this picture?

It REEKS with contradiction and hypocrisy.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused. We are not degrading the role of homemaker and motherhood. The bible degrades it. The bible reduces it to subservience, submissiveness and the need to have a man rule over the wife as though she were a child. It gives it no value but that of a slave.
Who and what we really are is a matter of individuality, it is not up to you or anyone else to determine that for another. You are the one who sounds bitter towards women who choose to be individuals and life life to the fullest. In fact you are intimidated by women who step out of a role issued to them by male hierarchy religions.
Morgie,I am no slave. I am in a wonderful marriage,where we are one. Equal. I treat him as I would treat myself. With respect and value. My bible doesn't degrade my marriage. In fact,our belief in God,allows us to grow together towards our creator,which actually diminishes the self-centeredness/selfish nature that we were born into. It allows us to put another first which allows that love to grow. We receive when we give of ourself. Let's fact it,we are all trapped in that sinful nature and it takes much faith and srength in God to keep it at bay.
Motherhood is also a very selfless job. We don't come first and for some that is a challenge for sure.
Bottom line, you said "We are not degrading the role of homemaker and motherhood" and that is false when statments are made like they have been. ESPECIALLY by ocean56.
""""" ""In fact you are intimidated by women who step out of a role issued to them by male hierarchy religions.""" """""
So,let me get this straight....motherhood is a role issued by male hierarchy religion? Taking care of your child was issued by this male hierarchy religion?
huh?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She, I noticed, doesn't want to talk about it anymore. Just like she doesn't want to talk about what she considers 'real and true'.
Honey, I don't respect you or your twin, sassy. You and she are dishonest, obtuse, hypocritical and phoney. I've said many times that I don't take you seriously. You're lucky I even acknowledge you, at all. I certainly will not honor you with the kind of deep, personal conversation that I enjoy with a friend. It's pitiable that you yearn for this connection from someone who dislikes you. Please, go get a friend.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What purpose does eating turkey on Thanksgiving serve? It is tradition and men taking their hats off in church and women covering their heads is tradition and culture.
Aside from that he says that women and men are not independent from each other. He says that man comes from God and woman from man and yet man comes from woman by birth. Read more than just the parts that irritate you.
We give thanks always.

sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was clearly not of God.
He was just very religious. "Thinking " he was doing Gods work.
After meeting God, and realizing how far he was off on the whole God thing, he made one of my favorite statements,when he listed all of the "great " things he had been, and done, and then turned around and said he counted it all dung.
He then said he only knows Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.
He may, like many today, have known a lot of scripture, but really changed when he met the Arthur.:)
Ya know,I am not convinced that people who go around harrassing or killing are doing Gods work or even think that they are. No more or less than those who claimed to cause 911 did in the name of their religion.

Certainly not of our creator. Perhaps their God was a creation of God,but certainly they aren't authentic or "of God".

BY THE FRUITS YOU WILL KNOW THEM.

""""" He may, like many today, have known a lot of scripture, but really changed when he met the Arthur""""

Satan quotes scriptures and he,as we all know,is not of God. Which proves my point :)
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>A humans life is deliberately killed via abortion. You don't have a right to kill your own child because they are unwanted.
""""" Or about being more or less told that we aren't trusted to make the best choices for our individual circumstances, and the government's going to take over that role, regardless of our feelings about it"""" """
And yet,....MOST proaborts are in favor of the gov't restricting abortion. SUDDENLY,the so called "pro-choicers" are anti-womans choices regarding her "BEST CHOICES FOR OUR INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCES".
Yoo hoo? what's wrong with this picture?
It REEKS with contradiction and hypocrisy.
Abortion is murder.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Whether or not YOU see marriage and motherhood "like that" is irrelevant to me. If both marriage and motherhood are AGAINST a woman's will, meaning she was forced or heavily pressured by her family or religious community to both marry and have children when she really didn't WANT to do either, then both marriage AND motherhood is a prison sentence for that particular woman.
Under the so-called "traditional marriage" setup, the husband is basically the wife's BOSS, although I know conservative religionists are very careful to avoid that term. I see absolutely NOTHING good about that kind of marital arrangement, because to me, it WOULD be a prison sentence. So I make sure I avoid it. Any guy who wants to be a woman's BOSS in a marriage is definitely a guy to RUN from.
What person that you know of,is FORCED to marry or have children? Ironically,it is your side that makes the claim that nobody is FORCED to do anything(when of COURSE speaking of abortion when they regret it later on in life after being pressured or forced).

I know many unmarried people. I also know many childless couples.

""""" """Under the so-called "traditional marriage" setup, the husband is basically the wife's BOSS"""" """

LMAO!!! that's cute.

Oh Ocean,your posts speak volumes about your life. You are angry at someone or a few even. WHOEVER has twisted your mind and controlled you,is at fault. Stop blaming "traditional marriage,the bible,God,prolifers" or anyone else you can. Something went wrong somewhere in your life. I really do feel sorry for you. I think that you were not respected as a person or woman and I am truly sorry for that.

I have no problem with you or anyone else not wanting marriage or children. I DO have a problem with your solutions to having them at present which is killing. We,as a civilized society,don't kill those of whom we don't want in our lives after the fact. Divorce the man whom you don't want to be in your life. Give your child up for adoption is you don't want them in your life. Killing as choice is where you go wrong.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>In all seriousness Elise,what is your problem? ALL that I asked you was why you have no problem with UNICEF using Halloween for their agenda like you did with what a woman did over in your neck of the woods(which you clearly posted for your agenda).
Seriously, you don't know the difference between a UNICEF donation and distributing abortion literature? Ugh, you're hopeless. Go away from me, lady.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text> Any guy who wants to be a woman's BOSS in a marriage is definitely a guy to RUN from.
Maybe you are looking in all the wrong places. A man who has a special relationship with God and loves and trusts him will treat you like the child of God that you are. He won't be interested in being boss. He will be a lover and a friend who believes that all are created equal, male and female.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I DO enjoy my freedom from the toxic baggage of gods, religions and churches, which as far as I'M concerned, DO treat women as second-class citizens. That especially applies to the Catholic Church, although it certainly isn't restricted to Catholicism.
Because I am church-FREE, I have the freedom to make all my own sexual and reproductive decisions with NO interference from nosy male church clerics telling me I'm committing some kind of "sin" for making a decision the church disapproves of. I can decide for MYSELF to use reliable birth control to AVOID unwanted pregnancy. I can -- and did -- decide for MYSELF when and IF I wanted to get married. I can and did decide for MYSELF when and IF to become a mother. I decided for MYSELF how many children I wanted to have, as it was MY life, which is not for any church to rule over.
Oh, and YOU don't have the right to impose YOUR backward beliefs on me or anyone else. So your little "to hell with everyone else and their rights" whine doesn't work with me. Religions and churches don't have that right either, at least not in the United States, where a person is free to REJECT them with no civil or criminal penalties for doing so. It's wonderful how much freedom a woman has when she ISN'T mentally chained by a regressive and oppressive religious institution.
Listen,you either believe in your creator God,and his holy word in the bible,or you don't. You have free will given to you by God to either accept him or not. He gave his angels that choice as well. Lucifer and his followers reject him too.

I wish though,that you would stop misintrepting the word of God though. You personally might have felt prisoner of God or his church,but that's just your experience. It is a flat out lie to claim that those who do accept God,are mere "second-class citizens" who are denied free will choice.

20 plus years ago,you claimed to kick this "toxic" church,yet,you are clearly full of anger and hate. Let go then if you have rid yourself of it.

You can't. You're anger is misplaced,that's why. Your blaming God for those who have wronged you in your life. That's sad. Typical of those who reject God. It's like your punishing God for your hurts. I understand your pain. Truly. You're not alone.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You've had "conversations" with me about this, really. lol Funny, but I recall those so-called "conversations" as being nothing more than tedious rants from you on one subject or another. But if you want to call them something else, knock yourself out. Even you are free to have your delusions.
I have to wonder why it bothers you so much what my particular views of marriage and motherhood may be when MY personal views don't affect YOUR life directly. If I consider the whole "traditional marriage/motherhood" thing to be enslavement and something I choose carefully to avoid, how does that affect YOUR ability to do whatever you choose? Why would it matter to you what Leonine, myself, or anyone else called it?
I consider the whole "traditional marriage" package, where the woman is treated like an unpaid servant, to be utterly degrading to women, and that's why I avoid it. I would never date, let alone marry, some religionist male imbecile who thinks he has the "right" to be a woman's BOSS, aka "head of the family." And yes, if I were dating, I would make it a point to ask a guy directly whether he's one of those "traditional marriage" guys. The second he said yes, I would DUMP him a minute later.
Got a problem with my saying all of this? Too bad, sASSy. Since it is MY life, I alone make the rules for it. If you choose to be offended by it, that's YOUR problem.
Honey,you can get married,have children or not. I don't care.It doesn't affect my in any way. But,...if you ARE married or you HAVE children,and are unhappy about it,it is your ways of coping with it that bothers me and affects me. You think that killing is a choice solution to rid yourself of your current state. IF your child(ren)exist or IF you are presently married,and decide that you don't want to mother your children or be a wife any longer,then LEAVE. DO NOT KILL!

Get it?

""""" ""I consider the whole "traditional marriage" package, where the woman is treated like an unpaid servant, to be utterly degrading to women, and that's why I avoid it"""" """"

LMAO!

Oh dear!

Motherhood is the most important job that any woman could ever experience. Our job has a pricetag,believe me.

In a marriage,a man and woman-out of love,make their child. The mom may be the one staying home to raise them(obviously by the looks of it,God intended that baby to stay close to its mom-hence,the reason she carries the baby and has breasts to feed that baby. Yes,he desires that baby to be close to mom). The father indeed plays his own important role in that childs life though too.

Do you feel inferior by mothering your child? WHY? Why can't women today embrace their womanhood,feminity and role in their childs life? Why are they degraded who they are,what their bodies where meant for? You girls are your own worst enemies.

My husband loves me and the fact that I mothered our children. He never looked down on me nor did I ever think that he did. Why do you ASSUME that the world or the bible does?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What if it takes an abortion?
Killing is your solution to lifes problems? Why not give your child up for adoption?

Would you use that logic when you decide that you don't want to be a wife any longer? Would you kill your husband or would you leave him?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
Bunch of weirdos minus me and sassy in this forum..Almost 300,000 posts and the same ole crap discussed.
Thank you.

I hear ya. Abortion is legal,yet these women are fighting for the right to do it. Interesting,right? Seems like they are attempting to justify their stance. Their consciences are fighting them.

Us prolifers,well....we are defending the unborn who can't defend themselves.

Can you imagine going to bed everynight,...tired...yawning. ..putting your head on your pillow and thinking "what a good day I had today. I fought for the right to kill my child as choice".

Nighty nite!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,080,110
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 min Bruin Nation 26,670
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Patrick 224,163
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 18 hr jessirinneyswift 9
UMES Basketball Forward Ishaq Pitt Named to NAB... Thu Dana McCarty 1
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Thu RICK SERVICE 26
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••