Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311864 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#314973 Nov 7, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what the book says and you can try to sweeten it all you like. But the bottom line is...as you said
"He says that man comes from God and woman from man", nothing degrading about that right Ink? Think about it Ink, she is lower on the totem pole. A child could figure that out.
God made man(ALL of us)in his image and likeness. He made males first and then took a rib out of man and made a female. females were not "from man" like you thought.

I wonder if you think that God favored women by allowing only THEM to have their offspring created in their body,carry/bond while gestating that child and then having breasts to feed that baby. In other words,the mother/child bond is tight.

I suppose not,because then you wouldn't have an opportunity to feel second class.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#314974 Nov 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who bothers you with the Bible? Most people have never read it or just googled the out of context parts that fit their agenda.
My thoughts exactly. They act like believers and followers are following them,stalking them or breaking their doors down at all hours of the night trying to convert them.

It's crystal clear that their consciences are the ones bothering them. It's like they cry "I don't want to hear it" but it's like,...who is talking to them about it?

The only ones that have ever approached me are JW's by knocking on my door. I either have a choice to answer or not. I do. I don't agree with them but I say no thank you,and tell them to have a nice day.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#314975 Nov 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't have to knock on your door, they are all over the television and internet and they convinced many women that they aren't living up to their potential if they are satisfied with their lives. They seem to be on a campaign to promote angry, frustrated disenchanted women. They are women, just look at the anger on here when anyone challenges their ideals.
I'm not seeing all these angry feminists all over the place that you're mentioning, but I do see fundies getting angry when anyone challenges their dogma on here. When I see anger coming from non-fundies on here it's because they don't want some religious institution imposing it's rules on all of society through our laws. And I'm on their side on that issue.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#314976 Nov 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't think so. I have never felt obligated to follow ancient Jewish law.
I was referencing the NT. You don't feel obligated to follow any rules put forth in your 2000 year old text?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#314977 Nov 7, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Although religionists like Sassy and Inky seem very bothered by the fact that women CAN reject the paths of religion, marriage, and motherhood with no penalties whatsoever.
It makes one wonder why they get so angry about it. I often think that loss of status may be a very significant factor.
It's a choice like anything else. Marriage and parenthood is not an obligation. Sassy and the other fundies want to see single women miserable, so they can feel superior...IMO.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#314978 Nov 7, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not seeing all these angry feminists all over the place that you're mentioning, but I do see fundies getting angry when anyone challenges their dogma on here. When I see anger coming from non-fundies on here it's because they don't want some religious institution imposing it's rules on all of society through our laws. And I'm on their side on that issue.
Isn't it amazing how far apart our perceptions are. I see the believers very calm and relaxed and the non believers living in fear that they will lose their right to kill their unborn babies in the near future. You have a reason to be nervous, I don't.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#314979 Nov 7, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Who would blame a woman like that for not wanting to remarry? I think that it's sad that women like her,and many on here(who are CLEARLY anti-marriage,anti-having children or more than one)have been exposed to disasterous relationships and therefore blame men in general or marriage,then the individual who did the damage to their perspective of what marriage is suppose to be.
It's like *for them* in order to gain any kind of control back,they will attack the wrong people. I used to work with a woman who was manipulative,controlling and backstabbing. I used to wonder what made her tick instead of going head to head with her(in order to gain a better handle on her situation). Low and behold,she had a VERY controlling,verbally abusive husband. So,in turn,because she couldn't fight him,she had let it out to others in her life. It was almost like NOBODY was gonna ever get the opportunity to have control over her ever again.
Sad.
Sassy, I never said my mom's cousin blames marriage or men or anything else for what happened. I never heard her speak a bad word against men or marriage. She is a very funny and happy woman. She is well traveled, well read and has many friends. She's fine...not bitter or anything. Marriage didn't work for her so she took another path in life.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#314980 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
I was referencing the NT. You don't feel obligated to follow any rules put forth in your 2000 year old text?
Yes I know but those were still the old Jewish laws and many don't apply to the 21st century. I have been eating pork and lobster all my life and I don't sacrifice lambs and goats. I also don't have to circumcise my sons.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#314982 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
It's a choice like anything else. Marriage and parenthood is not an obligation. Sassy and the other fundies want to see single women miserable, so they can feel superior...IMO.
No they don't. All women should be happy but don't assume that the women who enjoy being a wife and mother aren't happy. And don't demean their important life's choices.

If you think the single life is better, go for it but don't assume that is what everyone wants. I love having a husband and children to share my life with and your optimum life doesn't interest me.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#314983 Nov 7, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so glad you think it's "cute," sASSy. I think it's also TRUE. As I said, I know conservative religionists like you really don't like the word "boss" being used. So you all do your best to try and CON us that such isn't the case. You like to use the term "head of the family" instead. Nice try, but I'm still not buying the phony bill of goods. "Head of the family" still means BOSS to me.
For me, the whole "raditional marriage" thing stinks. So I do my best to avoid that kind of toxic arrangement. Whether or not YOU have a problem with it is irrelevant.
Take it easy there Ocean. I am not trying to "CON" you. My husband and I are ONE(says God).We have mutual love,respect for our marriage and each other. I don't know who twisted the "traditional marriage" idea to you. WHO in their marriage that you know of(religious or not)acts like they are the "boss"?. WTH!

My husband is not above me nor does he think that he is,nor have we ever discussed it. The only time my husband comes before me is on our family cards(Christmas,Birthday,Easte r,etc). It goes as follows...

Love Always,
Mr Sassy,Sassy,children and family pets

WOW! He really MUST be boss huh? LOL
Ink

Havertown, PA

#314984 Nov 7, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>My thoughts exactly. They act like believers and followers are following them,stalking them or breaking their doors down at all hours of the night trying to convert them.
It's crystal clear that their consciences are the ones bothering them. It's like they cry "I don't want to hear it" but it's like,...who is talking to them about it?
The only ones that have ever approached me are JW's by knocking on my door. I either have a choice to answer or not. I do. I don't agree with them but I say no thank you,and tell them to have a nice day.
It is so weird. I am getting the picture of them where they have this great single life with tons of sexual freedom and no obligations to anyone and that looks like the perfect existance. I know people like that and they are desperate to fill their lives with 'good times' mostly so that they don't have to think about how lonely they are.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#314985 Nov 7, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, sASSy, I'm sure you do wish I'd stop expressing my negative views of gods, religions, and churches. Not a chance. I'm not interested in what YOU wish I would do or not do.
As far as I'M concerned, many religions and churches DO treat women as second-class citizens, especially those who impose oppressive doctrines forbidding the use of reliable contraception to AVOID unwanted pregnancy. That's one of the reasons why I kicked that toxic baggage to the curb over two decades ago.
It's wonderful how much freedom a woman has when she ISN'T mentally chained by some regressive and oppressive religious institution. I so love being church-FREE.
Au contraire mon ami! Knock yourself out buggin out about your "views" of "gods,religions,and churches..and being church-FREE".

ALL I asked is that you stop misquoting or flat out lying about what my religion or God is about. Your opinion is twisted. But,of course,it is yours and you are entitled to it.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#314986 Nov 7, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so you DO care that more women today are choosing NOT to have children, and in some cases, choosing NOT to get married either. I knew your "I don't care" claim was a phony one.
To answer your "WHY?" question, however, the reason is simple; some women don't WANT the restrictions that both marriage and motherhood can -- and often DOES -- impose on them. Don't like a woman's feeling that way? Too bad. The women who reject marriage and/or motherhood prefer to do other things instead; such as traveling, enjoying their lives as career women with economic indepencence, or anything else THEY choose to do. That's hardly "being their own worst enemies," in spite of what YOU choose to BELIEVE. Thankfully for all progressive women, your regressive beliefs aren't facts.
This ^^^has nothing to do with what I said in my post (regarding you degrading SAHM or those who embrace motherhood.)

REPEAT:
Do you feel inferior by mothering your child? WHY? Why can't women today embrace their womanhood,feminity and role in their childs life? Why are they degraded who they are,what their bodies where meant for? You girls are your own worst enemies
grumpy

Northport, NY

#314987 Nov 7, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Actuall big government trumps all individual rights under this president.
Which of your individual rights have been trumped under this President?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#314988 Nov 7, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. But it's amazing how many anti-choice women defend that idiot whenever he gets some well-deserved public criticism. Amazing what a guy's "pretty face" will do, isn't it? It can turn some women into brainless marshmallows.
Hmmm...this is quite interesting in light of the fact that you just b*tched and moaned endlessy about how "I" have problems with the choices you make(which is untrue except for the killing your child as choice part).

Don't want to defend him,don't,but don't tell ME what to do.

Uh,....don't like it,tough!
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#314989 Nov 7, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> God made man(ALL of us)in his image and likeness. He made males first and then took a rib out of man and made a female. females were not "from man" like you thought.
I wonder if you think that God favored women by allowing only THEM to have their offspring created in their body,carry/bond while gestating that child and then having breasts to feed that baby. In other words,the mother/child bond is tight.
I suppose not,because then you wouldn't have an opportunity to feel second class.
Evidence is your enemy. You've got nothing except empty claims.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#314990 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL

What a nut you are.

Don't want to marry,don't.

Don't want to have kids,don't.

I will though,fight you on your methods to rid yourself of your already existing,developing child.

You are married but don't want to be? Leave.

You have a child(ren) but don't want to mother them? Leave.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#314991 Nov 7, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Read this last sentence very slowly. You know for a fact his interpretation is incorrect and God is clear?
Yes.
If it were clear why do we interpret it differently? You're both right, get over it.
Now your asking me to get into the head of someone who lacks any semblance of interpretive skills and tell you why they can't interpret something so simple and direct.

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." John 7:24

Interpret the above. Is he forbidding you to judge ? Or is he providing guidance on how you SHOULD judge ?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#314992 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Sassy, I never said my mom's cousin blames marriage or men or anything else for what happened. I never heard her speak a bad word against men or marriage. She is a very funny and happy woman. She is well traveled, well read and has many friends. She's fine...not bitter or anything. Marriage didn't work for her so she took another path in life.
Again,I don't blame your mom's cousin for not wanting to remarry after what she went through.

Like you said,"marriage didn't work for her so she took another path in life".

Perhaps she is happy. That's wonderful. I think that it is sad that this ex of hers ruined her chance of a good,happy marriage where she could've had that plus be well traveled,well read and have man friends.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#314993 Nov 7, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Which of your individual rights have been trumped under this President?
If I want and what kind of health insurance I need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min watching from above 1,431,636
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 11 min Rams53 10,075
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Bruin Nation 32,399
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat Joe Fortuna 257,121
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web