Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 14,730)

Showing posts 294,581 - 294,600 of305,064
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Whether or not YOU see marriage and motherhood "like that" is irrelevant to me. If both marriage and motherhood are AGAINST a woman's will, meaning she was forced or heavily pressured by her family or religious community to both marry and have children when she really didn't WANT to do either, then both marriage AND motherhood is a prison sentence for that particular woman.
Under the so-called "traditional marriage" setup, the husband is basically the wife's BOSS, although I know conservative religionists are very careful to avoid that term. I see absolutely NOTHING good about that kind of marital arrangement, because to me, it WOULD be a prison sentence. So I make sure I avoid it. Any guy who wants to be a woman's BOSS in a marriage is definitely a guy to RUN from.
Why do you women keep getting your selves in these messes that you can't handle? Bad marriages, unwanted pregnancies and angry and resentful at a world you see as run by men. Get over the anger and make your life better. Whatever it takes.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you women keep getting your selves in these messes that you can't handle? Bad marriages, unwanted pregnancies and angry and resentful at a world you see as run by men. Get over the anger and make your life better. Whatever it takes.
What if it takes an abortion?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What if it takes an abortion?
That isn't going to change the reasons they are so bitter.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't going to change the reasons they are so bitter.
Ink, you're every bit as 'bitter' that abortion is still legal, as I am that people like you are trying to take away my right to choose one.

Don't event try to lie.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Ink, you're every bit as 'bitter' that abortion is still legal, as I am that people like you are trying to take away my right to choose one.
Don't event try to lie.
I certainly am not bitter about anything. I had nothing to do with the legalization of abortion so therefore it has no bearing on me. It doesn't change my life in any way. People are going to be who they want to be and they have all options available to them. I'm sad about the fact that killing unborn babies is so important to women but not at all bitter.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Again the question posed was whether or not he existed and from my reading they agree that he did.
I called you out on this statement and you said you didn't say it.

"that he did indeed walk on the earth and did what is written that he did."

Like I said last night, let us not pretend that "most respected scholars" support your biblical jesus.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly am not bitter about anything. I had nothing to do with the legalization of abortion so therefore it has no bearing on me. It doesn't change my life in any way. People are going to be who they want to be and they have all options available to them. I'm sad about the fact that killing unborn babies is so important to women but not at all bitter.
Oh, well I guess that means I'm not 'bitter' either.

Just incredibly pissed off.

Simply out of curiosity, if abortion has no bearing on your life, why do you spend so much time railing against it?

Food for thought.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I called you out on this statement and you said you didn't say it.
"that he did indeed walk on the earth and did what is written that he did."
Like I said last night, let us not pretend that "most respected scholars" support your biblical jesus.
I guess you are trying to make a point. What is it? Do you have information that shows evidence that he didn't exist and that he is not responsible for the now Christian religion?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, well I guess that means I'm not 'bitter' either.
Just incredibly pissed off.
Simply out of curiosity, if abortion has no bearing on your life, why do you spend so much time railing against it?
Food for thought.
I don't. I only give my opinion when asked. The same as a lot of subjects on here. Just like you do.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you are trying to make a point. What is it? Do you have information that shows evidence that he didn't exist and that he is not responsible for the now Christian religion?
How do you not understand? You said something; I called you out on it and you said you you didn't say it. I showed you posts, gave posts numbers and yet you're still unable to follow????

You said that "it is prettying a given that he did indeed walk on the earth and did what is written that he did". Then when I questioned you about that you said you were just trying to say that he did exist, leAving out the whole "did what is written that he did".

The misunderstanding is all on your side of the table. Get back to me when you know what you said.
John

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Bunch of weirdos minus me in this forum..Almost 300,000 posts and the same ole crap discussed.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

In other words believers can always weasel out of any argument by claiming "special understanding" of context or words or what their god "really" meant. Why would an omnipotent deity's teachings rely on time and culture?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No that you actually write what 'the text says' in the context that it is said. Most of the time when non believers quote the Bible it is either inaccurate, out of context or not considerate of the times and culture.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you not understand? You said something; I called you out on it and you said you you didn't say it. I showed you posts, gave posts numbers and yet you're still unable to follow????
You said that "it is prettying a given that he did indeed walk on the earth and did what is written that he did". Then when I questioned you about that you said you were just trying to say that he did exist, leAving out the whole "did what is written that he did".
The misunderstanding is all on your side of the table. Get back to me when you know what you said.
Gladly, from what I have read the words attributed to Him by the writers of the gospels do fit a pattern and a consistancy that leads them to believe that he did exist and that he said the things the gospels say he did. What don't you understand?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
In other words believers can always weasel out of any argument by claiming "special understanding" of context or words or what their god "really" meant. Why would an omnipotent deity's teachings rely on time and culture?
<quoted text>
So that the people of the time and culture could understand.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

"pretty much a given....."
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Gladly, from what I have read the words attributed to Him by the writers of the gospels do fit a pattern and a consistancy that leads them to believe that he did exist and that he said the things the gospels say he did. What don't you understand?
The gospels also say he rose from the dead and that he rose Lazarus from the dead, but that is absolutely not agreed upon. Why do you become so obtuse and have selective memory when called out on something you claim, but can not prove?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
In the 70`s, the RCC wasn`t actively political and wasn`t trying to interfere with women's medical decisions. They weren't fighting gay rights and even recognized a gay liaison group, Dignity. There was no hypocrisy involved; I went there for classes in the arts. The scholarship I got was specific to that college; they received the money regardless of who won it.
In the 70`s the cover-up was IN EFFECT, a-hole. Were you shot in the head or something?
<quoted text>
Abortion became legal in the early 70's,so prior to that,they didn't have to become politically active for that reason. Once it became legal,of course things changed. Keep in mind that once upon a time(while we were still civilized),a womans medical decision didn't include deliberate killing of her child.

I don't understand why you would think that the church would go after gays. The church doesn't go after sinners. It is was only when the gays starting thinking that they were going to change tradtional marriage,that anyone spoke up.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe it's because God doesn't exist and they knew it.
That makes no sense Elise. If they believed in Gods existence and accepted God as their creator but decided in the end to reject him,then you are wrong.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Medical risks are a real issue. I think a doctor should refuse to do a procedure if the results could be much more dangerous than NOT doing it. That has nothing to do with the right of a woman to abort; if her doctor thinks the procedure has acceptable risks, that's fine.
Your definition of clairvoyance involves knowledge unknown to others, but the original post referred to knowing what other people know. Not the same thing, moron.
<quoted text>
Dr's do all type of cosmetic surgeries that have many high risks involved with them,and yet they do it anyway. MANY procedures are contraversial with unnecessary risks,yet they are still done.

Why doesn't that have anything to do with abortion(in your opinion)? Abortion is not safe(not mentally,not physically and not emotionally). It's unnatural. Childbirth is.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
The gospels also say he rose from the dead and that he rose Lazarus from the dead, but that is absolutely not agreed upon. Why do you become so obtuse and have selective memory when called out on something you claim, but can not prove?
They believe that what was written in the gospels was in fact about Jesus. We wern't discussing whether or not they believed the gospels. Some did, some didn't. The only agreement that I spoke of was that

1. he did exist

2. that what is written in the gospels is about him

Obviously non Christians don't believe his claims.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 294,581 - 294,600 of305,064
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,078,219
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Patrick 223,968
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 26,640
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••