Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,844
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314824 Nov 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
In the 70`s, the RCC wasn`t actively political and wasn`t trying to interfere with women's medical decisions. They weren't fighting gay rights and even recognized a gay liaison group, Dignity. There was no hypocrisy involved; I went there for classes in the arts. The scholarship I got was specific to that college; they received the money regardless of who won it.
In the 70`s the cover-up was IN EFFECT, a-hole. Were you shot in the head or something?
<quoted text>
You should do some research before you post this misinformation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_...
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314825 Nov 5, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
And for those who turn their will over to a different God??????????
Who, how and what?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314826 Nov 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe it's because God doesn't exist and they knew it.
If you don't think God exists then He doesn't. If you think the world is a chance happening, it is. Whatever floats your boat.

Those theories make no sense to me. To each his own.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#314828 Nov 5, 2013
I am an atheist, but I decided to say a prayer and see if MAYBE I was wrong about the existance of god. So...

Last Sunday I asked god to let the Saints beat the Jets. He didn't do it. That is proof that god does not exist. Case fkcnig closed!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#314829 Nov 5, 2013
UNICEF collects money to help BORN children in catastrophic circumstances. I know anti-choicers don't give a damn About real, born kids, but they aren't out there performing abortions. Kids collecting for them neither know nor care about their abortion policy and the money tbey collect has nothing to do with it.

The propaganda put in the kids' bags, on the other hand, is directly usurping the parents' authority. Would you approve of me handing out slips saying "there is no god"?
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Okay,so you DON'T have a problem with pro-abortion organizations soliciting money for their cause. It's only pamplets that show a human life with a caption that we are not "just" cells,that irks you and leads you to come onto topix to show your true colors.
Interesting.
Since when is abortion "education" btw? Education that belongs in childrens Halloween bags nevertheless.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314830 Nov 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
UNICEF collects money to help BORN children in catastrophic circumstances. I know anti-choicers don't give a damn About real, born kids, but they aren't out there performing abortions. Kids collecting for them neither know nor care about their abortion policy and the money tbey collect has nothing to do with it.
The propaganda put in the kids' bags, on the other hand, is directly usurping the parents' authority. Would you approve of me handing out slips saying "there is no god"?
<quoted text>
Why don't we just put candy in their bags and let them overindulge for one night a year like we did?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#314831 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't think God exists then He doesn't. If you think the world is a chance happening, it is. Whatever floats your boat.
Those theories make no sense to me. To each his own.
Interesting. By your own words, God exists only if one thinks he does. Like Santa Claus. Okay!

Atrisco Village

#314832 Nov 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, that would be okay with her, because you know how fair-minded she is. Btw, you know the little Unicef store in Anytown, USA? It displays "pro-abortion" cards next to the hand-painted Christmas cards made by Romanian orphans. Oh, yeah!
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#314833 Nov 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> I don't care whether you choose to accept the truth or not. See, my friend, because YOU are the one with a hidden agenda, are manipulative, simple-minded, and can't think for yourself, you believe that others must be just like you. Typical reactionary mindset. You don't get it, never will, because you choose to be cozily ignorant. I apologize for trying to treat you like an intelligent adult. Off you go, now, into your fundie cave.
Your emotionally charged responses that included insults and name calling only show me that you don't like to be outted.

Elise,I merely responded to you posts regarding "PL" propanganda during Halloween(which seemed like a problem for you hence,the reason for coming on here and posting it),only to receive a condescending attitude laced with insults and name calling from you when I pointed out that UNICEF has been doing it for DECADES. I remember as a child it being done,being handed out boxes and my kids as well. You defended UNICEF.

You're dishonest and if you wanted to use me as a cover up,then so be it.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314834 Nov 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting. By your own words, God exists only if one thinks he does. Like Santa Claus. Okay!
No what I meant was that God exists for me regardless of what you think and God doesn't exist for you regardless of what I think. It isn't my job to convince you. So believe what makes you happy.

Atrisco Village

#314835 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No what I meant was that God exists for me regardless of what you think and God doesn't exist for you regardless of what I think. It isn't my job to convince you. So believe what makes you happy.
I believe what is real and true, which makes me happy. Thanks for your permission to do so, madam.

Atrisco Village

#314836 Nov 5, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Your emotionally charged responses that included insults and name calling only show me that you don't like to be outted.
Elise,I merely responded to you posts regarding "PL" propanganda during Halloween(which seemed like a problem for you hence,the reason for coming on here and posting it),only to receive a condescending attitude laced with insults and name calling from you when I pointed out that UNICEF has been doing it for DECADES. I remember as a child it being done,being handed out boxes and my kids as well. You defended UNICEF.
You're dishonest and if you wanted to use me as a cover up,then so be it.
Whatever makes you feel better, you go ahead and do or say. Sorry your feelings got hurt. Have a lovely evening, hon.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314837 Nov 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I believe what is real and true, which makes me happy. Thanks for your permission to do so, madam.
Be a big girl. You don't my permission.

Atrisco Village

#314838 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Be a big girl. You don't my permission.
Bless you, my child.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314839 Nov 5, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I believe what is real and true, which makes me happy. Thanks for your permission to do so, madam.
BTW how do you know what is real and true?

Atrisco Village

#314840 Nov 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW how do you know what is real and true?
It's too bad we don't respect each other enough to have this conversation. It would be a good one. Sorry.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#314841 Nov 5, 2013
WTF? Children collect for UNICEF by choice, and they are also free to get candy. One has nothing to do with the other.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't we just put candy in their bags and let them overindulge for one night a year like we did?
Crisscrossed

New York, NY

#314842 Nov 5, 2013
Why are the PC so angry?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#314843 Nov 5, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Well,you are very much incorrect when you thought that this..so called.."point" was not intended to degrade wives/mothers/homemakers. Ocean clearly called it enslavement and Leonie also put down being a wife and a mother,referring to it as being a slave. I've had many conversations with Ocean about this.
Are you afraid to admit that we *don't* belong in a kitchen? Is being in the kitchen an insult? Not to me it isn't. We all have to eat. Cooking is a necessity and a passion to some. Even an art. Chefs cook for a living,which serves people.
We have children but somehow think that we *shouldn't* be the ones raising them? Is being home with our children an insult? Is it enslavement? are some ABOVE the task?
We call chefs and childcare owners/workers "educated professional" but cooking and taking care of our families with the "mother" title is the bottom of the barrel,slave masters job. LOL WOW!
Question: WHY isn't or shouldn't it be our "SOLE PURPOSE IN LIFE" as how you stated it in such a derogatory fashion?
Wow...you did quite a thorough job bastardizing my entire post.

Put down the hatchet and try comprehending what I was actually saying.

p

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#314844 Nov 5, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Even to those who didn't follow him,it still was recorded that he healed the sick,raised the dead,performed many miracles. He SURE did make an impression :)
We're talking about people who lived over 2000 years ago, so we don't know what they were really experiencing, only how they perceived things at that time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Eman 1,115,067
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 42 min none_of_the_above 1,104
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 43 min New Age Spiritual... 228,548
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,578
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 6 hr PieceMaker 339
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) 10 hr Carol 280
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE